Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,265 members, 7,964,171 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 09:20 AM

Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 (27060 Views)

Edwin Clark: No Igbo-Speaking Person From Delta, Rivers Should Contest / Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It / Nnia Nwodo: Any Igbo That Touches A Northerner Should Kill Me First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by One4me: 8:26pm On Aug 09, 2020
36STATES:

SS/SE will never vote for a midget houseboy. Druggie Tinubu will walk all over him if he becomes president.

Stop muddling SS and SE together in your Politics of Anger and Hatred.
The people of the SS are wiser than you inconsequential 5% and that is why they have been able to produce a President within a short time and will likely do so again, while the Children fo Anger and Hatred are still boasting and chestbeating without any result..

Moreover, the SS have a good close encounter with PYO, when Buhari was sick and away in London and they are aware of what his plans are for them, before Buhari came back and changed everything.

As a V,P, he can do anything over that, as the Constitution points out.
All V.P's are errand boys, including Alex Ekwueme. undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by Sleekfingers: 8:27pm On Aug 09, 2020
Ezennwa:
hmm!

2023 presidential election is Igbo turn, Yoruba people should keep off, or see the anger of God.

Anyone who stands against the will of God, does not live to tell the story, anyone who has ear should hear

online warrior.....nobody is saying u guys should not contest.....thats why it is called election...... But thinking someone will just give it y'all on a platter of gold...... Then u guys are dreaming......

2 Likes

Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by One4me: 8:30pm On Aug 09, 2020
Marlboro1:

SW had 8 years under Obasanjo and SS had 6 years under Jonathan. SE should present candidates for APC and PDP [/b]in the interest of fairness.

[b]HHhaaaahaaa, cowardly jokers
! grin grin
How many SE are in APC?
Did they not say the APC is a Yoruba party?
Is it their 5% vote for APC that will earn them that slot in APC?
Did they not cast their vote enmasse for PDP?
So, let SE get the PDP Ticket and the APC wil present PYO as the SW, APC ticket and then let Nigerians judge which one they prefer.

Or are Igbos afraid of testing their "popularity and superiority" against Yorubas in 2023?
grin grin grin
Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by SeriouslySense(m): 8:33pm On Aug 09, 2020
Sure some dreamy state seems gullible too, but its a growth, a process, sure there are greedy fools, who have short memory and short term vision.
NaMeAboki:

How I wish it were true; unfortunately while you and your gullible ilk are being sold the mirage of Biafla; your leaders are busy, cap in hand, shuttling around behind the scene begging for the presidency - but in reality willing to settle for any appointment.
Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by akdjr(m): 8:35pm On Aug 09, 2020
I support rotational power in presidency as long as that will solve Nigeria problem but saying no northerner should contest in 2023 is unlawful statement to make. Everyone has right to contest except if it's in our constitution to respect and obey rotation among the region. Meanwhile, when Northerner say South they are referring to South South, South West and south East. Now my question is which of this region in the south should produce the candidate?
Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by Blade09(m): 8:53pm On Aug 09, 2020
Genoa:
Our professor is ready.
it doesn't matter who becomes the president the place is becoming wasteland. The remedy is state autonomy or seccession else this place will be doomed, the South going towards the Mexico and North Afghanistan.
Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by Judgesledge(m): 9:01pm On Aug 09, 2020
post=92633587:
Seconded!

SOUTH EAST: IS IT NOT TOO LATE?

I have read the recent transmissions by Senator Bukola Saraki directed at my Igbo tribe. I have deliberately kept mum on this as I had earlier resolved to speak less on Igbos as regards the 2019 Elections and 2023 Presidency having said quite a bit. 

However seeing as some of my brethren have swallowed the cheap bait, I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine. 

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'. 

REWIND TO 2014. 
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance. 

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.

That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did. 

Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'. We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more. 

Now after election, we have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023". "Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, who has only but a fanthom dream of becoming President and whose only known record is selfishness but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not even finished one tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma. 

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game. 

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. We heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?

We really don't care what Saraki writes or says because they've all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

We have learnt not to bother ourself anymore to avoid unnecessary arguements with nonentities
As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it..

Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

J.I

Only a sensible person like you can ever see sense in this.
Glad to see we still have intelligent people with a sound mind like you around.
God bless you.
God bless Nigeria.
well articulated views, however the reality of present day Nigeria and of the foreseeable future is that Igbo presidency will not be of much benefit to the Igbo nation, beyond the very limited psychological satisfaction of finally having a president of Igbo extraction. The Igbo nation will thrive better in a restructured Nigeria irrespective of where the president comes from. THAT IS THE TRUTH. TRUTH WILL ALWAYS TRIUMPH AND TRUTH IS OUR STRUGGLE. KEEP YOUR PRESIDENCY
Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by PierreAbutu(m): 9:04pm On Aug 09, 2020
TheRareGem1:
El rufai cannot be trusted, he play to the galary alot.

Gallery, not galary
Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 09, 2020
[s]
post=92633587:
Seconded!

I have read the recent transmissions by Senator Bukola Saraki directed at my Igbo tribe. I have deliberately kept mum on this as I had earlier resolved to speak less on Igbos as regards the 2019 Elections and 2023 Presidency having said quite a bit. 

However seeing as some of my brethren have swallowed the cheap bait, I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine. 

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'. 

REWIND TO 2014. 
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance. 

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.

That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did. 

Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'. We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more. 

Now after election, we have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023". "Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, who has only but a fanthom dream of becoming President and whose only known record is selfishness but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not even finished one tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma. 

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game. 

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. We heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?

We really don't care what Saraki writes or says because they've all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

We have learnt not to bother ourself anymore to avoid unnecessary arguements with nonentities
As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it..

Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

J.I

God bless you.
God bless Nigeria.
[/s]

It is not a crime to make a choice. The Igbos as you say made a choice and have stood with it.

The choice they made is not in power today does not mean it won't ever be in power ESPECIALLY as the the other choice has shown Nigerians their true colors so I applaud the Igbos for making the choice they made. This party APC has done Nigeria NO GOOD. NONE!

Nigeria has never had it this bad. poverty everywhere. Joblessness. Insecurity. Poverty capital off the world etc etc. Nothing and I mean NOTHING is going well in the country.
Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by danilmo: 9:36pm On Aug 09, 2020
Clothingonline9:
Waiting for 2023 God keep us alive
Tinubu or osibanjo but I prefare the 1st

Any of them is cool but I ll prefer Tinubu though.. The Strong cabal In Federal level is too tough, not for the gentlemen. Even as strong as buhari is , he is subdued.. Someone like TINUBU is the real politician that can tackle any useless cabal.. that guy is politically brilliant and dangerous grin He ll b better.

Osinbanjo fit dey do pastor pastor.. although u never can tell with how he heard our EndSars outcry sha by sacking dem boss and ordering for a quick restructuring.. kudos to him..

Anyway, anyone of them , we ll b in safe hand..

1 Like

Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by Smeagol89: 9:37pm On Aug 09, 2020
Oga Hell- Rufai go and do something about killings in southern kaduna and stop telling us what we know.......

Herod of a kaduna no make vez ooooohh.......

Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by danilmo: 9:39pm On Aug 09, 2020
SpatialKing:

I thought south west wants Tinubu?

Either of them is OK . Yoruba has enough presidential sellable candidates that are united.

1 Like

Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by sweetgala(m): 9:41pm On Aug 09, 2020
TheZooHasFalln:
grin grin What a huge sacrifice just to uphold the fraudulent unity cheesy who says IPOB is not Powerful? If you can ignore sentiments and face the facts, you will agree that the North before now were boasting of continuing with power for more years, but the latest unquenchable heat from IPOB has made them to succumb to our resoluteness. But the unfortunate thing is that they came very late, there's no going back on our determination for the ultimate restoration of Biafra, the blood of IPOB members they wasted can not be wished away for useless presidency, like the one who shot on 20th January 2016 in Rumola PH during the IPOB solidarity match for the inauguration of President Donald Trump, he shaded tears while we held him at the point of his death, he asked us never to allow his death be in vain, that we must make sure that we restore Biafra as that's the only way he can rest in peace, and we promised him never to stop at anything than total restoration of Biafra, and till tomorrow nothing can quench the zeal in us. Biafra or Nothing

Guess you'll have to settle for NOTHING then

2 Likes

Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by One4me: 10:02pm On Aug 09, 2020
akdjr:
I support rotational power in presidency as long as that will solve Nigeria problem but saying no northerner should contest in 2023 is unlawful statement to make. Everyone has right to contest except if it's in our constitution to respect and obey rotation among the region. Meanwhile, when Northerner say South they are referring to South South, South West and south East. Now my question is which of this region in the south should produce the candidate?

Only the North needs conceed not to vie for the Presidential ticket, due to the fact that the South also conceeded to them in 2015 and 2019...... at least in the APC, between the SW and the North.

The SE, SW and SS are all free to contest for the position in their various parties and who ever emerges in APC and PDP (as long as that person is a "Southerner"wink will slug it out in a National election.
There must still be a national election that would allow other Nigerians outside Southern Nigeria,, to chose the Southerner they want as their President.
As simple as that.
Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by One4me: 10:05pm On Aug 09, 2020
Blade09:
it doesn't matter who becomes the president the place is becoming wasteland. The remedy is state autonomy or seccession else this place will be doomed, the South going towards the Mexico and North Afghanistan.

If it does not matter, why are Igbos now saying they want to be President, why not just keep kwaet?
I wonder who will do the changes required to improve the country, if it is only Northerners that are rulling.
Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by TheZooHasFalln: 10:06pm On Aug 09, 2020
sweetgala:

Guess you'll have to settle for NOTHING then
Your wish though cheesy
Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by One4me: 10:08pm On Aug 09, 2020
Ezennwa:
hmm!

2023 presidential election is Igbo turn, Yoruba people should keep off, or see the anger of God.

Anyone who stands against the will of God, does not live to tell the story, anyone who has ear should hear

No be only anger of godt, na anger of Amadioha. grin grin

Come and contest, test your popularity at the ballot box, you are running away and swearing all over the place.
You are already afraid, yet you wont stop boasting and chest-beating.
When they tell you the values of building bridges, you say they are cowards, now it has come to bite you in the nose.

1 Like

Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by TheZooHasFalln: 10:13pm On Aug 09, 2020
Area4Area:
Not again......abeg when are you IPOBians leaving for good? Una chestbeating don tire everybody, just give date and move with no disturbance.
If you're truly sincere you know what to do, but you're not.
Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by TheZooHasFalln: 10:16pm On Aug 09, 2020
SirBunky85:
senseless submission
It can only be senseless to the brainless.
Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by TheZooHasFalln: 10:19pm On Aug 09, 2020
Miracle1991:
when a child speak.
......You will understand from his poor and lazy comprehensive exhibitions.
Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by TheZooHasFalln: 10:21pm On Aug 09, 2020
Kuginzi:

Sorry my brother, it's too late! The struggle for the actualization of Biafra is being looted by the children of Biafra'.
Are you sure about that? If yes, can you bet your life? I can bet mine that Biafra is far closer than you can ever imagine.
Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by One4me: 10:23pm On Aug 09, 2020
post=92633587:
Seconded!

REWIND TO 2014. 

On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?

Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

J.I

God bless you.
God bless Nigeria.

The good thing is that SOME Igbos are beginingto realise their folly, especially those in Lagos and are not, belatedly, trying to integrate themselves into APC, hoping that would give them something to chew, come 2023.
Infact, l watched on TV this week, as they fully accept the leadership of Bola Tinubu and promised to support his leadership henceforth. grin
That is a starting point, the online warriors can continue to lag behind by ten yearsm they have no choice than to come around one day in the future
. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by TheZooHasFalln: 10:26pm On Aug 09, 2020
tolue42:

always playing to the gallery
Why are all this lazy lazy comprehends quoting me for goodness sake.
Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by TheZooHasFalln: 10:27pm On Aug 09, 2020
Tflex01:

Lol... You are deluded.

The same people that are shouting that Presidency should remain in the North just because they can not stand a contest against SW

grin
This one Na mummy pikin grin
Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by TheZooHasFalln: 10:31pm On Aug 09, 2020
free2ryhme:

see this one
Must you comment even when you lack ideas?
Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by oaugraduate1234(m): 10:37pm On Aug 09, 2020
I suggest the following people:

Tinubu, Osibanjo and Rochas Okorocha
Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by Codes151(m): 10:44pm On Aug 09, 2020
okefrancis:
It's better South South and South East support the only true man who can move Nigeria up and the person is VP osinbajo
god forbid an impotent element.

If zoning favors south?
We have the lion in priming.

Ask Saraki, who was the lion
Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by tammie24: 10:48pm On Aug 09, 2020
What's elrufai feeling like

Is it up to him to declare who should or shouldn't contest?

Werey
Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by Germi9: 10:49pm On Aug 09, 2020
y'all dont know elrufai,he's cunny..he already knows that if the Presidency comes from the south,the North will be VP(him) after the south power will go back to the North that's when he will now declare his intentions
Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by Enculer: 10:59pm On Aug 09, 2020
Genoa:
Our professor is ready.

Fake cowardly pastor
Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by One4me: 11:00pm On Aug 09, 2020
danilmo:

Any of them is cool but I ll prefer Tinubu though.. The Strong cabal In Federal level is too tough, not for the gentlemen. Even as strong as buhari is , he is subdued.. Someone like TINUBU is the real politician that can tackle any useless cabal.. that guy is politically brilliant and dangerous grin He ll b better.

Osinbanjo fit dey do pastor pastor.. although u never can tell with how he heard our EndSars outcry sha by sacking dem boss and ordering for a quick restructuring.. kudos to him..

Anyway, anyone of them , we ll b in safe hand..

I wont support the candidacy of Tinubu, for a few reasons:

1) His legacy in Lagos created all these[b] Thugs and street Urchins[/b] and it has infected all areas of Yorubaland such that "MOST" of Yoruba Youths dont learn work, dont go to school properly, do do apprenticeship and are devoid of any Skills to live on.
The result is t[b]he horde of miscreants who live by selling their ancestral lands to the highest bidders[/b] (Igbos, because they are the ones who get easy money from drugs, counterfieting, kidnapping, armed robbery and many other criminalities) and that is why Igbos can be laying claim to Lagos.
The "Omo ako'tiletas" that Tinubu created have sold what their parents labourd for, because they were turned to worthless Political thugs by Tinubu

2) Tinubu has shown extreme greed in his unquenchable acquisition of public properties and resources, so much so that all the LGAS on Lagos are undeveloped because once the Chairmen remove Tinubu's cut, they just loot the rest.
He continues to leech Lagos, using LCC, Alpha Beta, etc Just too greedy while Lagos is detoriorating.

3) Tinubu's ambition to be President (nothing wrong in wanting to be President though) has made him insensitive to the plight of the South West, all he wants is his own personal ambition and judging from what happened in Ondo, When Pa Fasanranti's daughter (Mrs Olakuntin) was slain by Fulani herdsmen, Tibubu, for his own selfish ambition and good place with Northerners, came and insult the aged man by saying he was looking for the hoof/foot stamps of the Cows, more than a wekk after the incident happened. Moreover, do the killers take their Cows along when they go to invade and kill people? It shows he would sell-out Yorubas, if made president

4) People in the SW follow Tinubu because he had so much stolen their wealth and has a lot of Thugs and killers on his payroll such that to oppose him will be almost futile and even deadly.
But a leader may be feared, that does not mean he is respected.
In a free and fair election, Tinubu will be shocked about how much the SW resent his greed and power grab.
His Greed is so much that it is his family (Wife, Children, inlaws, etc) that are controlling everything in Lagos

5) Other Nigerians (Northerners and Easterners know some of these things about Tinubu and would not support his candidacy with their votes, so Tinubu if chosen, will end up wasting the chances of the SW at clinching the Presidency as he lacks a national Support.

6) Tinubu, due to his selfish ambition, has kept on sabotaging the efforts of other Yorubas in Buhari's Govt, because he sees their rising profile as a threat to his own ambition.
He did it to Fashola, he did it many times to the current V.P, Pastor Yemi Osinbajo and any other Yoruba he thinks thei rprofile are rising. Such internal saboteur should not be trusted with ultimate Power.

But all these does not mean Tinubu,, the Jagaban Borgu, Lion of Bourdillon is not an asset to the SW, infact, his intelligence, astuteness and political strategising is unparalleled! His knowledge and sagacity is still important and required in the Yoruba nation but l think he will be best suited (if his selfish ambition will allow) to be a King-maker, the real power behind the curtain, one who directs and controls the levers of Power, even when not in power.
And l agree that his ruthlessness may be required to tackle the "Cabal" but that can be easily achieved by PYO too, the same way Buhari too brought all his Cabal into Aso Rock. More on that in the future. undecided

I know he is a smart dude and will see the handwriting on the wall and not make a fool of his reverence by putting himself forward

It is very easy to demistify a powerful person like him, if care is not taken.
BTW, if there is anyone Igbos fear the most, it is Tinubu, the guy is their eternal nightmare. grin grin

I think Osinbajo is decisive, very smart, trustworthy, honest to a promise and very asteutely intelligent, far more than anyone l have seen in Nigeria's Politics in recent times. Look at the way he solved the ND Crisis when Buhari was away in London Hospital, how he calmed the restive ND, how he brought the IPOb to the table fo discussion....... until Buhari came back and his Cabal people scattered everything with their evil ways.
He can stand his ground due to his extreme knowledge and would make a good President for Nigeria, a smart Law Proffessor, like President Obama.

Just my opinion.
Re: Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 by One4me: 11:02pm On Aug 09, 2020
Germi9:
y'all dont know elrufai,he's cunny..he already knows that if the Presidency comes from the south,the North will be VP(him) after the south power will go back to the North that's when he will now declare his intentions

I s he not better than the foolish and senseless Daura in Aso Rock, saying there is no agrrement about Power roattion, as if if not for that agreement, he will be in Aso Rock today?

I agree he cant be trusted, going by what he is doing in Southern Kaduna, to Christtians and Southerners there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos / Ministerial Appointments: No Going Back On Sep 30- Presidency / Atiku Must Pick Up His Phone To Call President Buhari- Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.