Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,937 members, 7,922,306 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 12:29 AM

Why We Will Vote APC - Lagos Igbo Traders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Will Vote APC - Lagos Igbo Traders (865 Views)

Tinubu Busts Into 'zanku' Dance At APC Lagos Rally (PHOTOS) / Nigerians React As MC Oluomo Is Stabbed At APC Lagos Rally. Lands In Hospital / Meet Jide Sanwo-Olu: Biography, Governorship APC Lagos State Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Will Vote APC - Lagos Igbo Traders by BabaRamota1980: 6:22pm On Aug 09, 2020
Igbo traders in Lagos have said that they will vote for the All Progressives Congress (APC) in all elections that will be held in the state.

According to them, this is because of the leadership of the lawmaker representing Oshodi/Isolo constituency 2 at the Lagos State House of Assembly, Jude Idimogu.

This declaration was made during a get together of sons and daughters of Igbo extraction at the palace of Eze Christian Nwachukwu, Eze Igbo of Lagos, recently.

Speaking at the get together, Okey Anorue, Babaloja of Tejuosho market, phase 2, said that the lawmaker had demonstrated love for his people by visiting them at their homes, places of business and markets, reconciling the people in a way, nobody had done before.

“Idimogu has been mediating over disputes. He has visited the markets and preached peace in areas where there were issues. No previous leader has done that. He has also marketed the APC to us in such a way that we would be attracted to the party. This I must tell you is leadership. He is a humble man and that is why we have chosen to support him. We will vote for APC because of Idimogu” he said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/why-we-will-vote-apc-lagos-igbo-traders/amp/
Re: Why We Will Vote APC - Lagos Igbo Traders by IamWonderful: 6:25pm On Aug 09, 2020
Ok but ehbos are not to be trusted, when it comes to money, you will some like "ego ole nna m"

1 Like

Re: Why We Will Vote APC - Lagos Igbo Traders by pafra(m): 6:25pm On Aug 09, 2020
OK
Re: Why We Will Vote APC - Lagos Igbo Traders by Babzrockman: 6:27pm On Aug 09, 2020
Good leadership must be commended regardless of party affiliation..
APC Lagos is doing well
Nigeria APC, Buhari will answer this

4 Likes

Re: Why We Will Vote APC - Lagos Igbo Traders by ThatFairGuy: 6:31pm On Aug 09, 2020
Imagine! Whereas these Cownu worshippers won't cease their assault and insult on Tinubu and Yorubas in general. What else do these UNGRATEFUL LOTS wants

"According to them, this is because of the leadership of the lawmaker representing Oshodi/Isolo constituency 2 at the Lagos State House of Assembly, Jude Idimogu."

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Will Vote APC - Lagos Igbo Traders by Stylekay: 6:31pm On Aug 09, 2020
angry
Re: Why We Will Vote APC - Lagos Igbo Traders by IamWonderful: 6:37pm On Aug 09, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
Imagine! Whereas these Cownu worshippers won't cease their assault and insult on Tinubu and Yorubas in general. What else do these UNGRATEFUL LOTS wants

"According to them, this is because of the leadership of the lawmaker representing Oshodi/Isolo constituency 2 at the Lagos State House of Assembly, Jude Idimogu."
Even the babaloja at tejuosho market, can that happen in any Igboland, where as someone from inviable Ebonyi cannot even contest for mere SUG president in Anambra

Speaking at the get together, Okey Anorue, Babaloja of Tejuosho market, phase 2,

7 Likes

Re: Why We Will Vote APC - Lagos Igbo Traders by ThatFairGuy: 6:45pm On Aug 09, 2020
IamWonderful:
Even the babaloja at tejuosho market, can that happen in any Igbo where as someone from inviable Ebonyi cannot even contest for mere SUG president in Anambra

That's even among themselves whereas they keep tagging us intolerant folks

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Will Vote APC - Lagos Igbo Traders by ThatFairGuy: 6:46pm On Aug 09, 2020
Babzrockman:

Did u read ur trash again?

If your parents are still alive, they have serious work to do... Just like going back to the drawing board..
Your life no balance at all
Oh, you don't get his scope. He's imitating Ipob

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Will Vote APC - Lagos Igbo Traders by helinues: 7:39pm On Aug 09, 2020
Eze Igbo of Lagos and his caucus not Igbo people entirely
Re: Why We Will Vote APC - Lagos Igbo Traders by Wilstino: 7:43pm On Aug 09, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

That's even among themselves whereas they keep tagging us intolerant folks

My brother dont take things you read on social media to heart. Igbo and Yoruba live and work together than its made to appear online. They tolerate each other inter-marry more than other tribes.

So take the tribal war you see here with a pinch of salt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Will Vote APC - Lagos Igbo Traders by BabaRamota1980: 7:57pm On Aug 09, 2020
Wilstino:

My brother dont take things you read on social media to heart. Igbo and Yoruba live and work together than its made to appear online. They tolerate each other inter-marry more than other tribes.

So take the tribal war you see here with a pinch of salt.
Stop running away from reality. From your top elite to the destitute on the street Ibo hate Yoruba. Marriage has nothing to do with it. Has marriage between Anambra and Ebonyi people stopped your hatred among yourselves?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Will Vote APC - Lagos Igbo Traders by Godons1: 8:00pm On Aug 09, 2020
Igbo's love Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Why We Will Vote APC - Lagos Igbo Traders by BabaRamota1980: 8:01pm On Aug 09, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Udimogwu has spelt it out to his shepherd in Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Will Vote APC - Lagos Igbo Traders by Wilstino: 8:09pm On Aug 09, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

Stop running away from reality. From your top elite to the destitute on the street Ibo hate Yoruba. Marriage has nothing to do with it. Has marriage between Anambra and Ebonyi people stopped your hatred among yourselves?

I dont see this hatred the social media potrays in reality. We being human, of course there are bickering here and there; within and between families, within and between tribes, etc.

Overall, it's not what you read online. These are just new and largely brought about by recent political happenings. I'm sure if a good leader comes and unites all the regions and tribes, it will come to an end.

Anyway, enjoy you life, live well with people regardless.. and don't harbour things you read online.
Re: Why We Will Vote APC - Lagos Igbo Traders by BabaRamota1980: 8:14pm On Aug 09, 2020
Wilstino:

I dont see this hatred the social media potrays in reality. We being human, of course there are bickering here and there; within and between families, within and between tribes, etc.

Overall, it's not what you read online. These are just new and largely brought about by recent political happenings. I'm sure if a good leader comes and unites all the regions and tribes, it will come to an end.

Anyway, enjoy you life, live well with people regardless.. and don't harbour things you read online.
Would you like to revisit Anambra's denial when Biacah bought form to run for Senate seat? You want to see where the Mbaise diocese refused Anambra citizen to be Bishop in Orlu? Would you want to see numerous complaints from women deprived of inheriting their deceased father or husband? The records are online, not hearsay. Not to mentiin your discrimination of osu
Re: Why We Will Vote APC - Lagos Igbo Traders by Wilstino: 8:29pm On Aug 09, 2020
Hi
BabaRamota1980:

Would you like to revisit Anambra's denial when Biacah bought form to run for Senate seat? You want to see where the Mbaise diocese refused Anambra citizen to be Bishop in Orlu? Would you want to see numerous complaints from women deprived of inheriting their deceased father or husband? The records are online, not hearsay. Not to mentiin your discrimination of osu

I agree to the cases you pointed. Other tribes are not left out too. I dont want to make reference but take a honest look inward, you will see similar infightings and absurd traditions you may not necessarily agree to.

Be that as it may, just live right and leave a good legacy. Life is too short to hate on people and discriminate.
#live and lets live.

1 Like

Re: Why We Will Vote APC - Lagos Igbo Traders by BabaRamota1980: 10:42am On Aug 13, 2020
Wilstino:
Hi

I agree to the cases you pointed. Other tribes are not left out too. I dont want to make reference but take a honest look inward, you will see similar infightings and absurd traditions you may not necessarily agree to.

Be that as it may, just live right and leave a good legacy. Life is too short to hate on people and discriminate.
#live and lets live.
Yoruba does not suffer from such discriminative practices.
Live and lets live is not anywhere in yanminri way of life. Omoibo loves to disturb others unecessarily.
Re: Why We Will Vote APC - Lagos Igbo Traders by blackfish(m): 11:43am On Aug 13, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

Bro regarding the first one you are wrong. She wasn't denied the ticket rather she lost in the primary election that was conducted.
Re: Why We Will Vote APC - Lagos Igbo Traders by BabaRamota1980: 11:59am On Aug 13, 2020
blackfish:
Bro regarding the first one you are wrong. She wasn't denied the ticket rather she lost in the primary election that was conducted.
I will spit snuff juice in ya eye so you can see.

Re: Why We Will Vote APC - Lagos Igbo Traders by blackfish(m): 1:01pm On Aug 13, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

I will spit snuff juice in ya eye so you can see.
FYI I am not ignorant of your antecedents because I can see that you are threading the tribal bigotry path by using "ya eye instead of your eye". Yes Massob and some misguided youths tried stopping her from contesting but they failed. She contested the primaries but lost. She wanted the ticket be given to her on a platter of gold.

https://m.thenigerianvoice.com/news/271295/apga-senatorial-primary-bianca-ojukwu-loses-to-ukachukwu.html

Re: Why We Will Vote APC - Lagos Igbo Traders by BabaRamota1980: 1:10pm On Aug 13, 2020
blackfish:
FYI I am not ignorant of your antecedents because I can see that you are threading the tribal bigotry path by using "ya eye instead of your eye". Yes Massob and some misguided youths tried stopping her from contesting but they failed. She contested the primaries but lost. She wanted the ticket be given to her on a platter of gold.
I cant waste precious time on a useless back and forth with an unrepentant ipob. Ok? I spent time to go into records, i retrieved the info and posted to show it so ya can be educated on the issue. Ya still claim she was defeated. How about the many other instances of discrimination on state of origin in iboland?
Re: Why We Will Vote APC - Lagos Igbo Traders by blackfish(m): 1:15pm On Aug 13, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

I cant waste precious time on a useless back and forth with an unrepentant ipob. Ok? I spent time to go into records, i retrieved the info and posted to show it so ya can be educated on the issue. Ya still claim she was defeated. How about the many other instances of discrimination on state of origin in iboland?
Ke
Re: Why We Will Vote APC - Lagos Igbo Traders by BabaRamota1980: 1:39pm On Aug 13, 2020
blackfish:
Keep quiet baba ramota. First and foremost, when you posted the first comment I said that I agree with all except the Bianca's issue .I didn't dispute the fact that some groups tried to stop her from contesting the election.

What I am educating you on is the claims you made that she wasn't allowed to contest which I showed you proofs that she contested but lost .

Baba Ramota agbalagba niyin sugbon iwa omode le wu . Eye ma se lagbanlagban. o daabo. E bami ki omo yin, Ramota.

Mo si fe je ki emo wipe, mi ki nse omo igbo.
Look at how you talk to me. Can you talk to Ohanaeze like this? Is this how you talk to Obiano, your governor? Oya, prostrate and beg for forgiveness.
Re: Why We Will Vote APC - Lagos Igbo Traders by blackfish(m): 1:49pm On Aug 13, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

Look at how you talk to me. Can you talk to Ohanaeze like this? Is this how you talk to Obiano, your governor? Oya, prostrate and beg for forgiveness.
E jeki agba gbe ikan to ti sele leyin. Igbega orilede naijira lo je wa logun. Ekasan bawo ni gbogbo ebi?.
I am from Edo state and not from SouthEast.

(1) (Reply)

Sacked As APC Chairman, ‘dethroned’ In Edo — What Next For Oshiomhole? / How A Nairalander Accurately Predicted The Protests. / Please Help: Why Exactly Is FG Treating EndSARS Protesters Like Criminals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.