Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,302 members, 7,881,109 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:39 PM

Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement (36789 Views)

Egypt Coach, Queiroz Apologizes To Nigerians / Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts / Victor Osimhen Blasts Punch Newspaper For Fabricating False Stories About Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Realdeals(m): 2:18pm On Aug 10, 2020
LOL! Any small goal opportunity he misses in a match will become the headline the next day, with wicked adjectives like SELFISH, ARROGANCE etc.
They will start counting the number of matches he has played without a goal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by itu404(m): 2:19pm On Aug 10, 2020
youthsinitiativ:
Illiteracy at it's finest.
But you did not condemn it when it was used. let us no be hypocrites we have seen too many gutter language here ....did Whiz kid not use exactly the same language on pastors? How many of una talk?
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 10, 2020
youthsinitiativ:

Illiteracy was behind his initial not very well thought through outburst. Perhaps he failed to understand the news report hence, his recanting and apologies.

Is it a crime to emulate or better Maradona's feat at Napoli?
It's not a crime. So it's ok to report fake news as punch did right? Why not adress the error by punch as well?
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by OROSUNBOLB(m): 2:24pm On Aug 10, 2020
I pray this guy quick temper will not ruin him. In as much as I like him a lot,I honestly can't tolerate his short temper. He needs to learn how to manage his anger.
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by femi4: 2:25pm On Aug 10, 2020
Maxymilliano:
The earlier he retrace his steps the better.

The Press can make or mar his blossom career.
lie!

Tell me which player the press has make or mar his career. Naija press for that matter
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by martineverest(m): 2:25pm On Aug 10, 2020
SpaceX:
but the guy is cashing out big time. Give me your definition of illiteracy plus big money and I will be fine.
typical Nigerian mentality

1 Like

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by blowjohn(m): 2:25pm On Aug 10, 2020
youthsinitiativ:

Illiteracy was behind his initial not very well thought through outburst. Perhaps he failed to understand the news report hence, his recanting and apologies.

Do u know that many Italians can misinterpret that to mean he wants to be better than their god Maradona?
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by blowjohn(m): 2:26pm On Aug 10, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:
I pray this guy quick temper will not ruin him. In as much as I like him a lot,I honestly can't tolerate his short temper. He needs to learn how to manage his anger.

What temper.
So if a stupid blogger writes an untruth against u, no matter how nice it is u no go vex abi

1 Like

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by lekzhortin(m): 2:27pm On Aug 10, 2020
I think we are missing the point here which @thepunch lying about comment/statement he didn't make in the first place.i will feel bad and angry if someone do d same to me..
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by DarkJeddi(m): 2:27pm On Aug 10, 2020
Xisnin:

It wasn't fake news.
Don't be an illiterate like Osimhen!
Fake news carried by who?
The same press? shocked
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Bar1941(m): 2:30pm On Aug 10, 2020
youthsinitiativ:

It's not a crime, but it's a crime for them reporting it when he never uttered a statement like that. Such statement will put undue pressure on him which may culminate to his failure at his new club.
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by SpaceX: 2:30pm On Aug 10, 2020
martineverest:
typical Nigerian mentality
don't be stupid!! What do you mean by that? I know for sure you are worst than Buhari.
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by nedekid: 2:30pm On Aug 10, 2020
youthsinitiativ:
Illiteracy at it's finest.
Many others including you, me, with all the education we have are we more successful than this "illiteracy at its finest" footballer?
This illiterate makes more in a week that most folks make in a year bro.
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by rafaelgbenga(m): 2:30pm On Aug 10, 2020
Why not Maradona emulate him.
Inferiority complex no go kill Africans

[/quote]maradona emulate him bawo, Maradona have graced the football pitch before him na, even Timo Werner(German) is being tipped to emulate Drogba(African). There is no issue with that
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by rafaelgbenga(m): 2:34pm On Aug 10, 2020
OkuFaba:
why should he emulate Maradona when he's Oshimen.

The young lad is being himself not trying to live a copy and paste life
maradona emulate him bawo, Maradona have graced the football pitch before him na, even Timo Werner(German) is being tipped to emulate Drogba(African). There is no issue with that

1 Like

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Elmander1983(m): 2:36pm On Aug 10, 2020
"Else na thunder go fire Una"
And not :
Thunder go fire Una. I wonder why the apology.
Dude probably feels his success is mainly fueled by the media. Yes they play a role but na hard work place u where u dey. Media will beg to book a bit of ur time if u well placed through your hard work. Abeg retract that apology jare
Goalnaldo:
Nigerian striker Victor Osimhen have taken to Twitter to apologise to Nigerian news outlet Punch for the language he used in replying them few days ago.

Recall that the newspaper published a post where the new Napoli recruit was alleged to have made a statement of emulating club legend Diego Maradona of which he debunked by writing:

"I never said such a thing, y’all copy paste journalist just like to fabricate lies, since the passing of my late father I haven’t grant any interview whatsoever, stop this nonsense else na thunder go fire una."

He wrote via Twitter late on Sunday night:

https://twitter.com/victorosimhen9/status/1292570300849299456?s=19
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by MRSUCCESS70: 2:37pm On Aug 10, 2020
Apology Accepted
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by frankyychiji(f): 2:44pm On Aug 10, 2020
OTayobami:

I am not understanding please elaborate
Even the apology fell short. He's an uncouth kid.
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by frankyychiji(f): 2:49pm On Aug 10, 2020
DREAMZZZ:
The hype on this guy is too much I pity am if he don’t live up to expectations
The Italian Mafia and racist are waiting for him
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by stayclearofme: 2:50pm On Aug 10, 2020
OkuFaba:

Lol....what has Oshimen achieved in football that Maradona should emulate him? You just used the phrase "inferiority complex" wrongly.

3 Likes

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Chukkson: 2:53pm On Aug 10, 2020
shawnfamous:
what if he never had it in mind Emulating anyone and just want to be him self?? I see no reason for u calling him an illiterate when a News media is trying to make off from him...

Mobile punch actually cited a foreign source. So if actually he's having any issue, it should be with the foreign media outlet that initially put out the article.
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by shadrach77: 2:54pm On Aug 10, 2020
lekzhortin:
I think we are missing the point here which @thepunch lying about comment/statement he didn't make in the first place.i will feel bad and angry if someone do d same to me..

Don't mind them. Human beings are so fickle. The same people blaming Punch for lying are now blaming him for apologising.

Elenu meji lomo araiye undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by michealdeco: 2:54pm On Aug 10, 2020
Maxymilliano:

which press?

The Nigerian press cant do shit to his career simple
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Chukkson: 2:56pm On Aug 10, 2020
DominusPrime:

It's not a crime. So it's ok to report fake news as punch did right? Why not adress the error by punch as well?

It wasn't a fake news. Punch cited a Source. That was why are backlash was on him cos a foreign media outlet posted the article and he didn't make any comment until punch cited the article.

1 Like

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Topsic70: 3:10pm On Aug 10, 2020
OkuFaba:

I fear d parsin wey nor fear u!

Na ya type go talk say make messi emulate ighalo.
Chai......homo sapiens! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 10, 2020
Chukkson:

It wasn't a fake news. Punch cited a Source. That was why are backlash was on him cos a foreign media outlet posted the article and he didn't make any comment until punch cited the article.
It was fake. He said he gave no such interview.
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Averys(f): 3:15pm On Aug 10, 2020
Here
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by daviesmania(m): 3:18pm On Aug 10, 2020
Maxymilliano:

Zlatan ibrahimovich would be dead by now if media could do shiit with raw talent!!!!
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by CodeTemplar: 3:19pm On Aug 10, 2020
Comedian2019:
Education is very important.
... for everyone.
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by ManOfCompetence(m): 3:26pm On Aug 10, 2020
Xisnin:

It wasn't fake news.
Don't be an illiterate like Osimhen!
Did he grant the interview or notWhy did he come out to debunk making such claim??
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Bellotelli: 3:27pm On Aug 10, 2020
You don't need to apologize Victor. Na strong thunder go fire all fake news Carriers and their cohort shocked
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Longman8: 3:32pm On Aug 10, 2020
That is the more reason we all gat to think before speaking or typing. Is a good thing he came back to his senses to apologise, beside punch online statement wasn't that harmful enough to tarnish his image or football career. Well everybody get their own sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okocha Scores In Senegal Legends Vs Africa Legends Game (Video) / Vincent Enyeama Shares Photo Of Himself & Wife When He Was Poor / Mikel Agu Shares His Wife, Henrietta's Hot Photo On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.