Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,136 members, 7,880,568 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:18 PM

How Governor Obaseki Can Win The Edo State Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Governor Obaseki Can Win The Edo State Election (809 Views)

Obaseki Can Rejoin Our Party Only If He Drops From Governorship Race- APC / How Governor Ayade Transformed A Community In 72 Hours / How Governor Ortom Announced His Defection From APC To PDP (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Governor Obaseki Can Win The Edo State Election by obasekimustwin: 3:25pm On Aug 10, 2020
I am putting this up because I want Governor Obaseki to win the upcoming election in Edo State. I am from Ekiti State and I witnessed the Election that brought Governor Fayemi to power. Ekiti people love Fayose just like I feel Edo people love Governor Obaseki but Fayose's man still lost the election.

There could be other reasons but I will list the ones I noticed/experienced. Forget about all the campaigns up and down, when the chips are down, the points below are what will matter!

(1) Vote see and buy: Voters are paid for the votes cast but they are only paid after they showed a nearby agent their ballot paper before dropping it into the ballot box. The APC will use this approach and it will work 100% if not checkmated. You can counter this by out-buying the APC because you can not stop it and people you think like you will collect money and vote against you. Fact!
(2) Writing of results: This will be effected by the APC in areas where they are very popular. Expect maximum results for the APC and 0 results for the PDP from areas with strong APC presence (i.e. Oshiomole's polling unit/ward). You can counter by ensuring maximum results for the PDP and 0 results for the APC from areas with strong PDP presence
(3) Snatching of ballot box by thugs: The APC will try this in areas where they are not popular with the sole aim of reducing the PDP votes even if they do not win those areas. This can be countered by being fully on ground and ready for any assault. Elections are not won by being timid. Remember Rivers Election!
(4) A divided house: I knew something was wrong in the Ekiti Election when the PDP agent in my polling unit was working for the APC candidate. Many PDP people were not happy with Governor Fayose and they worked against the party. You can counter this by ensuring full loyalty from foot soldiers in the various polling units. Let enough money be available so they won't be bought over by the APC
(5) 'So called' Federal might: This is not classed as very critical because just like the Deputy Governor said some times ago, 'there is nothing like federal might, what we have is local might and God's might'. Security agencies will be on ground but trust me, these guys just want to make money. You can counter this by buying them over. They might not favour you significantly but this will ensure a level-playing ground for everyone to activate their strategies without hindrance.
(6) Arrest of PDP chieftains: Note that the arrests are not carried out by the police. Hired thugs will wear police/military uniforms to effect the arrest (its actually kidnapping) some hours to the election. This is why the police/military will deny making such arrest even though they are aware of the operations of these thugs. When your leaders are arrested/kidnapped, there will be less people to monitor the polling units for you and the opposition will have a field day.

Anyone against suggestions on buying/out-buying either does not understand how elections work in Nigeria or wants the APC to be the only party doing the buying.

Again, I want Obaseki to win so if you (i.e. the APC paid agents that will jump on this thread) want any other candidate to win, create your own thread!

2 Likes

Re: How Governor Obaseki Can Win The Edo State Election by Yorubasarecurse: 3:27pm On Aug 10, 2020
Very interesting
Re: How Governor Obaseki Can Win The Edo State Election by Anyiamaka: 3:28pm On Aug 10, 2020
Godwin will win....God no go shame am

3 Likes

Re: How Governor Obaseki Can Win The Edo State Election by jamesope04(m): 3:32pm On Aug 10, 2020
Anyiamaka:
Those are free of charge strategies up there. Apply it and see if it won't favour you. Shouting Obaseki will win is not going to work

2 Likes

Re: How Governor Obaseki Can Win The Edo State Election by obasekimustwin: 3:44pm On Aug 10, 2020
Anyiamaka:

All the points I raised must be noted and dealt with or else.....Godwin will not win!
Re: How Governor Obaseki Can Win The Edo State Election by WATCHOVER(m): 3:54pm On Aug 10, 2020
Nice epistle.
Re: How Governor Obaseki Can Win The Edo State Election by obasekimustwin: 12:36am On Sep 12, 2020
As it stands now, His Excellency is coasting to victory but among the various hurdles left, one is extremely important on the election day proper!

Advising people to collect money from the APC and vote the PDP is good but note that the APC are very scientific about this by following the steps below

(1) Voters will thumbprint
(2) Voters will stylishly show their thumb printed ballot paper to an APC agent
(3) Voters will get paid

So note that the APC pays after confirming the vote and not before. If they are able to do this successfully, its bye bye for the PDP

WATCH OUT GOVERNOR OBASEKI
Re: How Governor Obaseki Can Win The Edo State Election by obasekimustwin: 10:32am On Sep 12, 2020
One week to Election

Obaseki is leading...
Re: How Governor Obaseki Can Win The Edo State Election by Johnnyessence(m): 10:47am On Sep 12, 2020
obasekimustwin:
As it stands now, His Excellency is coasting to victory but among the various hurdles left, one is extremely important on the election day proper!

Advising people to collect money from the APC and vote the PDP is good but note that the APC are very scientific about this by following the steps below

(1) Voters will thumbprint
(2) Voters will stylishly show their thumb printed ballot paper to an APC agent
(3) Voters will get paid

So note that the APC pays after confirming the vote and not before. If they are able to do this successfully, its bye bye for the PDP

WATCH OUT GOVERNOR OBASEKI
obaseki and PDP already knows their political tactics and gimmicks. obaseki will surely coast to victory next Saturday by the grace of God.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Trouble Looms As PDP Group Kicks Against Obaseki’s Fresh Appointment / Bye-election: Agi Emerges APC C/river North Senatorial Candidate / #ENDSARS Protest: Abuja Version (pics).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.