Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,244 members, 7,880,905 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:58 AM

How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? (38783 Views)

How Guys Use Marriage To Plunge Themselves Into Perpetual Poverty. / How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? / Six Ways Men Can Escape Poverty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by Ruthy7: 5:34am On Aug 27, 2020
very much interested.
Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by Darestc2k12: 7:49am On Aug 27, 2020
MONEY247:
Bro....I won't start laying blames... But you failed to invest at one time ....
Nevertheless I Will show you a way, Learn digital stuffs e.g mini importation, Forex trading and so on. Buy shares and be patient for some time as you allow Them to appreciate .
I repeat always invest your money in the financial market.

My own 1 mite

Pls tell me more about this investment in financial market. WhatsApp- 08064407549
Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by thelish(f): 8:04am On Aug 27, 2020
fykes:
Brothers... The question is when u look at urself and visualise ur future, what do u see?
What are dreams u want most,
What visions for ur family, ur community, ur parents, for urself do u see?
U see there's something stronger than your reality, infact it creates ur reality. That is the force of faith.
Do u still have hope for something? Do u still believe in something? These things are the important issues of life... Remember, one phone call, one chance meeting, one being at a right place can turn u into a millionaire.
Wealth is not often worked for... It's a gift to them that believe.life Is not about what can see with ur eyes, it's about what u can see with ur mind.

You are asking what a discouraged man sees?
Dear, discouragement blinds.
It kills ur vision.
Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by thelish(f): 8:17am On Aug 27, 2020
chefremy:
Ok you guys are trying to give him solutions, but we are not answering the question being asked here for those of us who need answers

Thank u.
Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by Ofiagu(m): 8:17am On Aug 27, 2020
Supreme145:

pls how can I reach you,I'm having difficulty sending mail from here

There's always a way
Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by Supreme145(m): 8:45am On Aug 27, 2020
Ofiagu:

There's always a way
Baba.....you wan turn me to investigator

1 Like

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by Ofiagu(m): 9:19am On Aug 27, 2020
Supreme145:

Baba.....you wan turn me to investigator

Where are you based currently?
Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by ninodaniel(m): 11:54am On Aug 27, 2020
fykes:
Brothers... The question is when u look at urself and visualise ur future, what do u see?
What are dreams u want most,
What visions for ur family, ur community, ur parents, for urself do u see?
U see there's something stronger than your reality, infact it creates ur reality. That is the force of faith.
Do u still have hope for something? Do u still believe in something? These things are the important issues of life... Remember, one phone call, one chance meeting, one being at a right place can turn u into a millionaire.
Wealth is not often worked for... It's a gift to them that believe.life Is not about what can see with ur eyes, it's about what u can see with ur mind.
Thank u for this piece bro..i have been thinking a lot lately about my life and current situation but I'm telling this your words brought hope. I still believe that better days lie ahead...grace can change everything..

1 Like

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by waploger(m): 1:40pm On Aug 27, 2020
Supreme145:
Good day folks, I have been a visitor on nairaland for a while now so far I have really learnt a lot from here, I had to register so as to share my worries here because I know that I can get useful contributions. Please ignore my grammatical blunders,I'm not really good at writing.

I graduated from secondary school in 2010 at the age of 18 and 10 years later I seem to be moving around in circles. After secondary school I was given two options of going to the university or doing business, I chose business without thinking twice I needed money so school can wait.

Two of my uncles raised the sum of 150,000 for me after I was done learning a trade with the condition that I will pay back at the end of the year without interest. Then the ports were closed so I would travel to cotonu to buy male jeans and sold in Nigeria in wholesale. Business was moving well, I tripled my capital that same year by the age of 20 I had already counted my first million, I felt on top of the world, I spent on my family helped in paying house rent and my siblings school fees (I'm the first child), then tragedy struck.

After the second year my uncle whom I was staying with and contributed majority of my capital asked for an account of how I had been running the business which I gave him, I had already returned the other uncle's money by then. After the audit my uncle said he's going to add another money to my capital then after four years he would settle me, I refused citing that apprenticeship wasn't our agreement initially, the mother caused a big issue to the extent it had to be settled in the village. I had to leave my uncle's house to my parents since we couldn't reach a compromise, as for his capital over the years I had borrowed him money on several occasions which was already more than what he gave me as my capital, I forgot the balance and left.

Three months after I left my uncle, my goods was intercepted by customs in Benin, my agent which coincidentally happened to be that my uncle put my goods ( and that of others) in a vehicle carrying second hand tyres from Lagos to the east and everything in the vehicle was confiscated. We spent 5months trying to get the goods back spending the remaining savings I had, it was released after six months but most of the goods was either stolen or sold by customs, I got only around 10% of my seized goods back. I was back to square one.

After all my attempts to raise another capital proved abortive I gave up and started doing menial jobs to survive,my mom would always encourage me that I'm still young and would rise again. Two years after nothing tangible was fort coming, I was dead broke and depressed, I started feeling pressure at home when I couldn't bear it I relocated to port Harcourt in search of greener pastures. I slept in parks and slums till I managed to get a security job with a 15k salary then,I worked for some years and discovered that I wasn't making any progress in life,I wasn't saving anything and was still stagnant. I decided to venture into education, even though it wasn't my first choice at least I would have a certificate to be proud of after some years.

I got admission in the federal university in Benue in 2017 at the age of 25 to study statistics/computer science (bsc ed) it wasn't my choice but time was not on my side , most of my mates then had graduated and even working. My year one was hell, I resumed school with just my bag of cloths, no accommodation nor food stuffs, I slept in lecture halls and sometimes went for lectures without bathing,one time I called my dad and he said if I can't bear it I should abandon the school and come back,I later managed to get someone to squat me in the hostel, I got home during nuga break to meet the news that my dad just bought a land,so this man had money to buy land and allowed me to suffer in school ( he mind sha ).

Fast forward 3 years later and I'm stuck in 300 level not knowing what to do with my life,just being in school is not enough for me, I need to earn money because I became independent at a young age and depending on my parents now is serious giving me a cause for concern. I stayed back in school during the lockdown so I could think about my life, after reading some threads on nairaland I decided to go into programming since I had a semi abacus laptop on it's last legs,I got links to free courses on udemy and also enrolled for free courses on Alison and pirple.

Learning programming brought my joy back,I loved the critical thinking involved and realized I hated it before because of the way it was taught by our lecturers,I started with web development (HTML and CSS) and I observed I was grabbing it quit fast. Data was a problem but I managed the mid night subscription each time I manage to get airtime. I was happy once more cause I could code for hours on an empty stomach and I wouldn't care then tragedy struck again.

My system developed a fault, vertical lines appeared on the screen and it started having difficulty in booting,it finally gave up the ghost a few days later. I tried to improvise by using my phone to code but it was a horrible experience and I gave up. back to square one again,I had to go home and I haven't gotten myself ever since.

How do I break free from this poverty since I came back I have looked for job without luck, I haven't earned a dime since this year since I parted ways with my boss whom I learnt interlocking and concrete stamping under,the man was using me like a slave. Motivational speakers would say there's light at the end of the tunnel but mine looks like a maze/roundabout tunnel. I got home and yahoo is the trending stuff in the area even my younger ones has joined, my younger brother nearly picked 7million before the aza was killed in the dying minute (whatever he means by that), I seem to be the only one among my set that's still broke, I can't even remember the last time I got anything for my self, now I wear my younger brothers cloths and they recharge my phone for me,how long will I continue like this?? ..... I don't want to follow the yahoo band wagon, I'm beginning to lose hope.

Pls I need your comments and advice

in as much as i know this is bad, i will advice you to try something illegal.
Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by Supreme145(m): 3:11pm On Aug 27, 2020
Ofiagu:

Where are you based currently?
Anambra
Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by SirBen90: 5:57pm On Aug 27, 2020
waploger:

in as much as i know this is bad, i will advice you to try something illegal.

If you see what boys are passing through in Okere Prison in Delta State, you will withdraw this advice immediately.

OP, do not contemplate anything illegal. Get a legit hustle and pray well.

E go better.

3 Likes

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by Darestc2k12: 4:33pm On Aug 29, 2020
Acidosis:

You have something for me?

Yes
Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by Ofiagu(m): 1:11pm On Sep 02, 2020
Supreme145:

Anambra

I will contact you. Kindly drop a contact
Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by Supreme145(m): 9:17am On Sep 03, 2020
Ofiagu:

I will contact you. Kindly drop a contact

1 Like

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by Ofiagu(m): 2:07pm On Sep 08, 2020
Supreme145:

Okay. Noted
Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by franksmith01: 6:34pm On Sep 10, 2020
While the facts confirm that Parc Clematis is definitely not a five-minute leave Clementi MRT Station, it is all things considered arranged between two of Singapore's biggest business hubs; the Jurong Business locale (Jurong Lake District) and one-north, which is close Buona Vista. In addition, Parc Clematis has a fantastic transportation network where there are MRT stations, for example, Jurong East MRT and Clementi transport exchange close by. Moreover, Clementi shopping center shopping center is only a short distance away. Visit www.parcsclematis.com
Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by princecathaaa: 2:10pm On Oct 06, 2020
Residences Condo offers you a chance to encompass your children with a lovely characteristic setting that outcomes from remaining almost a recreation center. Moreover, you don't need your children to invest the majority of their energy in tablets and iPads. Let them take part in different exercises gave by the bounty recreational exercises in these marvelous goals when they get exhausted. The way that The Florence Residences Condo is inside a couple of moments stroll from the parks in the territory implies that your children won't miss a spot to make the most of their ends of the week and evenings, playing different games or simply lolling as they read in the sun. affinity serangoon showflat
Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by livucoinz: 5:42pm On Oct 09, 2020
Livu generator is made by exceptionally experienced engineers who have just evolved many working on the web hack devices like this. In the event that you are anticipating something genuine, at that point disregard everything and utilize our Livu Coins hack and Livu Coins Generator on the web. We should view some basic strides about how to utilize Livu Coins Generator.
Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by fortniteskinz: 8:09am On Oct 12, 2020
Indeed, If you are a genuine Fortnite gamer then no one but you can comprehend the significance of Skins in Fortnite. furthermore, clearly, you will be searching for How to get Fortnite skins free for such a long time. That is the reason we have recently made it straightforward and simple for each Fortnite Skin sweetheart Fortnite Skin Hack.
Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by Abcruz(m): 10:56pm On Oct 13, 2020
Supreme145:

Have you contacted that guy who wanted to give you his DELL core i5 laptop?
Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 14, 2020
Supreme145:
Good day folks, I have been a visitor on nairaland for a while now so far I have really learnt a lot from here, I had to register so as to share my worries here because I know that I can get useful contributions. Please ignore my grammatical blunders,I'm not really good at writing.

I graduated from secondary school in 2010 at the age of 18 and 10 years later I seem to be moving around in circles. After secondary school I was given two options of going to the university or doing business, I chose business without thinking twice I needed money so school can wait.

Two of my uncles raised the sum of 150,000 for me after I was done learning a trade with the condition that I will pay back at the end of the year without interest. Then the ports were closed so I would travel to cotonu to buy male jeans and sold in Nigeria in wholesale. Business was moving well, I tripled my capital that same year by the age of 20 I had already counted my first million, I felt on top of the world, I spent on my family helped in paying house rent and my siblings school fees (I'm the first child), then tragedy struck.

After the second year my uncle whom I was staying with and contributed majority of my capital asked for an account of how I had been running the business which I gave him, I had already returned the other uncle's money by then. After the audit my uncle said he's going to add another money to my capital then after four years he would settle me, I refused citing that apprenticeship wasn't our agreement initially, the mother caused a big issue to the extent it had to be settled in the village. I had to leave my uncle's house to my parents since we couldn't reach a compromise, as for his capital over the years I had borrowed him money on several occasions which was already more than what he gave me as my capital, I forgot the balance and left.

Three months after I left my uncle, my goods was intercepted by customs in Benin, my agent which coincidentally happened to be that my uncle put my goods ( and that of others) in a vehicle carrying second hand tyres from Lagos to the east and everything in the vehicle was confiscated. We spent 5months trying to get the goods back spending the remaining savings I had, it was released after six months but most of the goods was either stolen or sold by customs, I got only around 10% of my seized goods back. I was back to square one.

After all my attempts to raise another capital proved abortive I gave up and started doing menial jobs to survive,my mom would always encourage me that I'm still young and would rise again. Two years after nothing tangible was fort coming, I was dead broke and depressed, I started feeling pressure at home when I couldn't bear it I relocated to port Harcourt in search of greener pastures. I slept in parks and slums till I managed to get a security job with a 15k salary then,I worked for some years and discovered that I wasn't making any progress in life,I wasn't saving anything and was still stagnant. I decided to venture into education, even though it wasn't my first choice at least I would have a certificate to be proud of after some years.

I got admission in the federal university in Benue in 2017 at the age of 25 to study statistics/computer science (bsc ed) it wasn't my choice but time was not on my side , most of my mates then had graduated and even working. My year one was hell, I resumed school with just my bag of cloths, no accommodation nor food stuffs, I slept in lecture halls and sometimes went for lectures without bathing,one time I called my dad and he said if I can't bear it I should abandon the school and come back,I later managed to get someone to squat me in the hostel, I got home during nuga break to meet the news that my dad just bought a land,so this man had money to buy land and allowed me to suffer in school ( he mind sha ).

Fast forward 3 years later and I'm stuck in 300 level not knowing what to do with my life,just being in school is not enough for me, I need to earn money because I became independent at a young age and depending on my parents now is serious giving me a cause for concern. I stayed back in school during the lockdown so I could think about my life, after reading some threads on nairaland I decided to go into programming since I had a semi abacus laptop on it's last legs,I got links to free courses on udemy and also enrolled for free courses on Alison and pirple.

Learning programming brought my joy back,I loved the critical thinking involved and realized I hated it before because of the way it was taught by our lecturers,I started with web development (HTML and CSS) and I observed I was grabbing it quit fast. Data was a problem but I managed the mid night subscription each time I manage to get airtime. I was happy once more cause I could code for hours on an empty stomach and I wouldn't care then tragedy struck again.

My system developed a fault, vertical lines appeared on the screen and it started having difficulty in booting,it finally gave up the ghost a few days later. I tried to improvise by using my phone to code but it was a horrible experience and I gave up. back to square one again,I had to go home and I haven't gotten myself ever since.

How do I break free from this poverty since I came back I have looked for job without luck, I haven't earned a dime since this year since I parted ways with my boss whom I learnt interlocking and concrete stamping under,the man was using me like a slave. Motivational speakers would say there's light at the end of the tunnel but mine looks like a maze/roundabout tunnel. I got home and yahoo is the trending stuff in the area even my younger ones has joined, my younger brother nearly picked 7million before the aza was killed in the dying minute (whatever he means by that), I seem to be the only one among my set that's still broke, I can't even remember the last time I got anything for my self, now I wear my younger brothers cloths and they recharge my phone for me,how long will I continue like this?? ..... I don't want to follow the yahoo band wagon, I'm beginning to lose hope.

Pls I need your comments and advice
I think we are course mate from the same school, B.sc (ed) stat/comp.
My own story is similar to yours but God later saw me throught. DM me privately lets connect and push things together
Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by halloweenspecia: 7:12am On Oct 15, 2020
The climate's getting colder, the leaves are changing, and educators and guardians wherever are being asked, "Is it Halloween yet?!" You're presumably previously being entertained with portrayals of the children's Halloween ensembles, as well, right? I love preschoolers' excitement for sprucing up! Utilize the children's eagerness for all-things-Halloween and plan some overly captivating Halloween exercises for preschoolers Halloween Day Cartoon Activities.
Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by codpointz: 1:15pm On Oct 15, 2020
Presumably you will imagine that why we have made this much extensive heading. Above all else, this equitable to feature things. Furthermore, Keep recalling that one thing Our Free COD Points Generator and Call Of Duty Mobile Hack is the one generator. We have not made a different COD hack generator for each adaptation Call Of duty mobile hack.
Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by pubghackz: 6:35pm On Oct 24, 2020
In the event that you are likewise a PUBG player, at that point you will be unquestionably amped up for it. On the off chance that you figure PUBG Mobile can't be hacked, at that point you may not be right, since we have 100% working and supernatural PUBG Mobile Online Hack. As we as a whole realize that each lock has its own particular key, which can't be open without it. Yet, we ought to always remember that for each lock there is likewise an ace key Free PUBG Mobile UC Generator.
Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 03, 2020
Work your way up.
Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by foodcourtt: 12:11pm On Nov 03, 2020
Residence SP Setia is incredibly very much associated with the remainder of Singapore. Getting back and forth is a breeze with significant interstates and streets with any semblance of Pan Island Expressway(PIE), Bukit Timah Expressway(BKE) and Bukit Timah Road. As the separation to the two freeways passageways are amazingly close, in an insignificant 20 minutes drivers can get to Orchard Shopping Belt by means of PIE leaving Stevens Road, the Central Business District(CDB)/Marina Bay territory by means of Ayer Rajah Expressway(AYE) leaving Marina South Keppel Road and Holland region through Dunearn Road and Farrer Road. parc central residences showflat
Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by omoolababs(m): 11:04pm On Nov 06, 2020
Let me also use dis medium to state my own problem too here maybe my God sent helper(s) is/are on dis particular thread, i am a phone engineer by profession and sells phone accessories, what i need presently is for me to rent a shop or get a container in a busy area and stock it with goods if i can get 180k to 200k will be enough for a starting. i need someone that can borrow or loan that money and there will be written agreement btw us on how to be paying it back. i have a wife and 2 kids to cater for. please assist me.
Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by telldunkin5: 8:55am On Feb 04, 2021
https://propertynews.pk/capital-smart-city-islamabad/

There are around 175+ PCs that are at present used to finish the venture before the expressed dates. 'The site's development status is progressing at an unprecedented rate,' says Beacon Finance, Capital Smart City's jewel accomplices. Peruse more in this blog about the development of Capital Smart City!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy / Woman Fights Husband For Marrying Another Lady In Lagos(video) / Lockdown Could Lead To 7 Million Unintended Pregnancies - UN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.