Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,291 members, 7,923,347 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 12:35 AM

PSA For Those Migrating To 1st World Countries - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / PSA For Those Migrating To 1st World Countries (1281 Views)

Migrating To Germany For Free : The Chancekarte Discussions / The Immigration Invasion: How 3rd World Immigration Is Destroying The 1st World / The True Reality About Migrating To Canada!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PSA For Those Migrating To 1st World Countries by EgunMogaji2: 2:51am On Aug 11, 2020
It’s apparently happened again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHfEPnQFPow

Just a simple word of advices to couples.

Man: there is not here. Regardless if you took her there or she was the perfect obedient and subservient partner in Nigeria, please expect that as a human being she’ll grow and find new directions. Both negative and positive. Your partner will get new outstanding rights in a system that’ll bend over backwards to enforce and protect them.

Woman: there is not here. Please realize that like Nigeria, at least in the USA the police are not really your friend. If you call them, they’ll arrive all pumped up, some on roid rage, not to help you solve family matters but to decide who to arrest and gather the best evidence to present to the courts for prosecution. This is how the pd gets funding. They need to prove their worth.

———

Please do not take the divorce stigma with you abroad. If you can’t work it out then leave each other. Don’t try to finish each other financially. This is the number one reason after infidelity for this violence that I’ve read about. People off each other on top of mortgaged houses and financed cars.

There’s something about female nurses in the diaspora that makes it a common denominator in these violences.

A nurse can easily make over $100,000 in the USA in about 3 to 4 years of arrival. Most men will struggle to make that. I said most. So the probability of a woman making more than the man is inherent. For a man that can’t handle a higher earning wife who certainly is finding her ways in a new country then you need to adjust. Adjust can be interpreted into your own way. Divorce is certainly an option. But don’t stay in a relationship where there’s a grudge.

Anyways, those are my advices. I’ve seen far too many of these needless deaths in the USA over my three decades there that leaved children orphans or lost into the welfare system.

Good luck.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSA For Those Migrating To 1st World Countries by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:01am On Aug 11, 2020
great advice... you only failed to mention that, just because a woman earns more than her husband, doesnt mean she suddenly has to insult/disrespect him. its a journey, and therefore they should view each other the same way, regardless of who makes the most money. many African women in the west start to be disrespectful, ungrateful or simply arrogant to their spouse, the day she starts to make more money than her hubby.

5 Likes

Re: PSA For Those Migrating To 1st World Countries by EgunMogaji2: 3:16am On Aug 11, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
great advice... you only failed to mention that, just because a woman earns more than her husband, doesnt mean she suddenly has to insult/disrespect him. its a journey, and therefore they should view each other the same way, regardless of who makes the most money. many African women in the west start to be disrespectful, ungrateful or simply arrogant to their spouse, the day she starts to make more money than her hubby.

You’re right.

I don’t have all the answers. I just hate seeing these things continue to happen.

If the man or woman is disrespectful then just bounce. I know I’m bringing a shotgun solution but....

2 Likes

Re: PSA For Those Migrating To 1st World Countries by Badgers14: 3:48am On Aug 11, 2020
Goodness me, where do I even start on this issue.

I wouldn't say I have seen it all because people keep surprising me.

People need to understand that marriage, like tango .. it takes two to tango.. not just 2 people.. 2 people with the same mission, the same understand and the same goal.

I know it is not a perfect world, you can't automatically get that "perfect match" but hey you need to have a plan, communicate, don't make issues out of small things.. weather the storm "if it is salvageable " or walk away peacefully if it is not.

Again, my 9ja women yankee is not all that you watch in soap operas on TV.. a typical suit and tie 9 to 5 job , big house in a surbub and a nice car. Some of our men are working fingers to the bones, CNA, construction, taxi driver you name it... so it is not that all gravy.

My men dem .. ehm your wife is not a slave oo .. i know we have a patriarch background in 9ja but the setup in Nigeria is different from America.

Some of these little issues 9ja couples have is a minor issue mismanaged and blown out .but again it is all about understanding and communication.

I once worked with a Laotioan couple a while back, during lunch time, this woman leaves first, goes to the lunch room sets up table for 2 ( for herself and the husband).. warms up their food and the man walks as slowly as you can imagine grin like the king of the forest .. sits down and they eat, jist, laugh... the same table they sit all the time c
was nicknamed the couple's table ( I don't remember their name).. everyone gives way.. no one sits on that table when it is lunch time and these couple drive only one car.. they seem to be happy.. and they have been doing this for a decade plus.. *** I forgot to add** the woman makes more money than her husband.. she's been with the company for 5 years plus before her husband's business went belly up and he joined the company**

Now I am not advocating everyone should be like them but highlighting what understanding and communication etc could get you...

I dont want to bore anyone with examples of petty cases I have seen with my "2 naked eyes".

Stay Blessed every one �

3 Likes

Re: PSA For Those Migrating To 1st World Countries by dasparrow: 4:06am On Aug 11, 2020
Domestic violence is all too common in Nigerian homes and marriages both home and abroad so I am not surprised. It's quite unfortunate because it is the children from this dysfunctional unions that will suffer the most. Many Nigerians are very violent anyways and abusive so what do you expect?

By the way, 1 Corinthians 7:28 says:
But if you do marry, you have not sinned; and if a virgin marries, she has not sinned. But those who marry will face many troubles in this life, and I want to spare you this.

1 Like

Re: PSA For Those Migrating To 1st World Countries by Petyprincess(f): 5:23am On Aug 11, 2020
I noticed Nigerian men are too insecure when their wives earn more.
Definitely you can't expect your wife to be submissive as she was back in Nigeria! Nigerian guys feel since they brought you to abroad you have to serve them nd lick their toes which is usually not the case!! That's why i laugh when abroad base comes home to pick her a wife thinking he can control her but unfortunately things will change when she gets abroad.
Western countries definitely have support system that values and respect women unlike Nigeria!
If a husband cheats in Nigeria you will be hearing "just take heart men are polygamous in nature,stay for the sake of your children" but try that in western country you go pay child support tire and your property might be splited grin
So my dear ladies if you noticed a controlling nd insecure guy just avoid him!! Don't be blinded by obodo oyinbo!

3 Likes

Re: PSA For Those Migrating To 1st World Countries by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 11, 2020
Badgers14:
Goodness me, where do I even start on this issue.

I wouldn't say I have seen it all because people keep surprising me.

People need to understand that marriage, like tango .. it takes two to tango.. not just 2 people.. 2 people with the same mission, the same understand and the same goal.

I know it is not a perfect world, you can't automatically get that "perfect match" but hey you need to have a plan, communicate, don't make issues out of small things.. weather the storm "if it is salvageable " or walk away peacefully if it is not.

Again, my 9ja women yankee is not all that you watch in soap operas on TV.. a typical suit and tie 9 to 5 job , big house in a surbub and a nice car. Some of our men are working fingers to the bones, CNA, construction, taxi driver you name it... so it is not that all gravy.

My men dem .. ehm your wife is not a slave oo .. i know we have a patriarch background in 9ja but the setup in Nigeria is different from America.

Some of these little issues 9ja couples have is a minor issue mismanaged and blown out .but again it is all about understanding and communication.

I once worked with a Laotioan couple a while back, during lunch time, this woman leaves first, goes to the lunch room sets up table for 2 ( for herself and the husband).. warms up their food and the man walks as slowly as you can imagine grin like the king of the forest .. sits down and they eat, jist, laugh... the same table they sit all the time c
was nicknamed the couple's table ( I don't remember their name).. everyone gives way.. no one sits on that table when it is lunch time and these couple drive only one car.. they seem to be happy.. and they have been doing this for a decade plus.. *** I forgot to add** the woman makes more money than her husband.. she's been with the company for 5 years plus before her husband's business went belly up and he joined the company**

Now I am not advocating everyone should be like them but highlighting what understanding and communication etc could get you...

I dont want to bore anyone with examples of petty cases I have seen with my "2 naked eyes".

Stay Blessed every one �
Doe's it have to be this Long angry
Re: PSA For Those Migrating To 1st World Countries by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 11, 2020
I blame America for all this
That's why most women over there will be single for the next 500 years to come
Their women see this as a favour been offered to them by the American government but no
Their indirectly ruining & turning things upside down for them
I spoke to one fûcking bitch about ending of last year she has two baby daddy
And I asked her what happened?
Why did you file for divorce?
Her response made me know that American government has turned their brains upside down and it not helping them
She said nothing I divorce them cause I'll get child benefit from both daddies
Now can you imagine
So when you're now 60+ one Yahoo boy will now scam you of your hard earned money cause you refuse to have sense when you're young
They'll use and play you physically and emotionally
Using you for green card
You see the truth of the matter is if you refuse to have sense when you're younger there ain't no way you gon have it when you're older
American government are doing this things for you just to keep you single but you have no sense of reasoning to know that it's not helping and it's also ruining things for you at the same time

3 Likes

Re: PSA For Those Migrating To 1st World Countries by Badgers14: 9:23am On Aug 11, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Doe's it have to be this Long angry

It could be longer.. i could fill 3 to 4 pages here easily.. but I had to cut it short...

1 Like

Re: PSA For Those Migrating To 1st World Countries by mufutau55(m): 2:52am On Aug 12, 2020
Nothing wrong in marrying Nigerian women. But to avoid stories that touches, marry them in Nigeria and leave them there.
See how much respect you will get then.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PSA For Those Migrating To 1st World Countries by bluestone2015: 4:49am On Aug 12, 2020
Being single is not a crime. We have a number of widows in Nigeria that decided not to remarry and they are fine with their kids. What can be bad is if you are single and you do wrong things.
Again, people misbehave for no good reason. I can tell you that women practice what they learnt from men.
Tell me. What reason do most men have for cheating on their wives. No good reason I guess. Men and women do things for no good reason. It's not peculiar to women.
ZINIBANKS:
I blame America for all this
That's why most women over there will be single for the next 500 years to come
Their women see this as a favour been offered to them by the American government but no
Their indirectly ruining & turning things upside down for them
I spoke to one fûcking bitch about ending of last year she has two baby daddy
And I asked her what happened?
Why did you file for divorce?
Her response made me know that American government has turned their brains upside down and it not helping them
She said nothing I divorce them cause I'll get child benefit from both daddies
Now can you imagine
So when you're now 60+ one Yahoo boy will now scam you of your hard earned money cause you refuse to have sense when you're young
They'll use and play you physically and emotionally
Using you for green card
You see the truth of the matter is if you refuse to have sense when you're younger there ain't no way you gon have it when you're older
American government are doing this things for you just to keep you single but you have no sense of reasoning to know that it's not helping and it's also ruining things for you at the same time

2 Likes

Re: PSA For Those Migrating To 1st World Countries by Nobody: 5:43am On Aug 12, 2020
This topic again. Marriage is not do or die. Everything to be gotten in marriage can still be gotten as a single person. In canada here some marriages are working while some have crashed too just few months on arrival

2 Likes

Re: PSA For Those Migrating To 1st World Countries by Nobody: 6:19am On Aug 13, 2020
Kekereekun123:
This topic again. Marriage is not do or die. Everything to be gotten in marriage can still be gotten as a single person. In canada here some marriages are working while some have crashed too just few months on arrival
grin grin grin
The TOPIC Is really a serious one.
It's as serious as the problem of Nigeria

In Fact such TOPIC should be discussed in Nigeria's Local meetings like the IGBO AUGUST MEETINGS and other tribal meetings like Bini and others too.
The IGBOs are worst hit.
Rage and Killings.
The women suddenly become empowered to disrespect any human on earth with wildfire threats.
The WORST is marrying a LADY that never loved you.
That simply means having a banquet with the Devil.
U hardly find such among INDIAN and CHINESE LADIES in the United States

1 Like

Re: PSA For Those Migrating To 1st World Countries by EgunMogaji2: 6:44am On Aug 13, 2020
Petyprincess:
I noticed Nigerian men are too insecure when their wives earn more.
Definitely you can't expect your wife to be submissive as she was back in Nigeria! Nigerian guys feel since they brought you to abroad you have to serve them nd lick their toes which is usually not the case!! That's why i laugh when abroad base comes home to pick her a wife thinking he can control her but unfortunately things will change when she gets abroad.
Western countries definitely have support system that values and respect women unlike Nigeria!
If a husband cheats in Nigeria you will be hearing "just take heart men are polygamous in nature,stay for the sake of your children" but try that in western country you go pay child support tire and your property might be splited grin
So my dear ladies if you noticed a controlling nd insecure guy just avoid him!! Don't be blinded by obodo oyinbo!

I’m quoting this here so that men can refer to it as they prepare to take wives abroad.

The subtle advices hinted upon in this posts will be ringing in the ears of your wife whenever you have an issue. An issue that could have been calmed down in Nigeria may result in police being called innocently by a neighbor and your wife merely suggesting that she feels threatened by you and before you know it your family is headed down the rabbit hole.

So keep this post above.

2 Likes

Re: PSA For Those Migrating To 1st World Countries by Cousin9999: 7:48am On Aug 13, 2020
There's nothing preventing a man from going to nursing school, or if they don't feel it's masculine, they can be a paramedic or physician assistant.

1 Like

Re: PSA For Those Migrating To 1st World Countries by Johntemmy(m): 1:15pm On Aug 13, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
It’s apparently happened again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHfEPnQFPow

Just a simple word of advices to couples.

Man: there is not here. Regardless if you took her there or she was the perfect obedient and subservient partner in Nigeria, please expect that as a human being she’ll grow and find new directions. Both negative and positive. Your partner will get new outstanding rights in a system that’ll bend over backwards to enforce and protect them.

Woman: there is not here. Please realize that like Nigeria, at least in the USA the police are not really your friend. If you call them, they’ll arrive all pumped up, some on roid rage, not to help you solve family matters but to decide who to arrest and gather the best evidence to present to the courts for prosecution. This is how the pd gets funding. They need to prove their worth.

———

Please do not take the divorce stigma with you abroad. If you can’t work it out then leave each other. Don’t try to finish each other financially. This is the number one reason after infidelity for this violence that I’ve read about. People off each other on top of mortgaged houses and financed cars.

There’s something about female nurses in the diaspora that makes it a common denominator in these violences.

A nurse can easily make over $100,000 in the USA in about 3 to 4 years of arrival. Most men will struggle to make that. I said most. So the probability of a woman making more than the man is inherent. For a man that can’t handle a higher earning wife who certainly is finding her ways in a new country then you need to adjust. Adjust can be interpreted into your own way. Divorce is certainly an option. But don’t stay in a relationship where there’s a grudge.

Anyways, those are my advices. I’ve seen far too many of these needless deaths in the USA over my three decades there that leaved children orphans or lost into the welfare system.

Good luck.

Good advice..
Baba more wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: PSA For Those Migrating To 1st World Countries by EgunMogaji2: 5:53pm On Aug 13, 2020
Johntemmy:

Good advice..
Baba more wisdom.

Thank Sir.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Traveling To Norway Or Poland / Weird And Wonderful Shapes Of The World Most Distinctive Cities Seen From Space / Some People Always Want You To Suffer The Way They Did Abroad(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.