Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,671 members, 7,930,314 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 03:20 PM

Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations (39114 Views)

Lagos Begins Commercial Water Transportation, As Sanwo-Olu Launches Speed Boats / Lagos Begins Night Road Construction Across The State, See Their Timetable / Lagos Begins Test Run Of New BRT Buses With Free Services - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by Solatium(m): 8:44am On Aug 11, 2020
busky101:
Imagine as if the clamp down on opay and the rest wasn't enough and then the hit on logistics companies and now this, this people are bent on making everyone miserable in this country.

it is the policy of LASG,they don't want anything organised,they want that rọfọrọfọ system that open up the place for corruption,the transportation system is tilted towards favoring local agbérós that pay them heavily

2 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 11, 2020
Solatium:

Your analysis is sound and apt,been an operator myself I can't fault a single thing in all you have said.
Me I don pull out,I don carry my cars waka

Me too bro... it's terrible, my friend pulled out last week (all six).. counted his loss rather than the constant heart attacks..

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by BigBashiru: 8:45am On Aug 11, 2020
babzo:

Other countries? Where there is 24 hour light; Near instant response by Police in case of violent crime; stable price of products; GOOD ROADS; 24 hours emergency hospital and ambulance;
Or which countries?

The roads in Nigeria are actually good. It's the citizens that don't drive according to road conditions which results in accidents.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by EnuguUkwu1stSon: 8:45am On Aug 11, 2020
Instead of creating new jobs they are eagerly bent on destroying the already existing ones, what a shame of government we have here in Nigeria.

Christ have mercy!

2 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 11, 2020
Openbusiness4:
like they research well on how agbero collect money at bus stops in America, UK and Germany bah?
Oga,if you didn’t know,Uber and Taxify pay taxes in most countries they operate. The parent company must pay tax. Inasmuch as we hate the Govt so much, we must applaud them when they make the right move. Oya,go to Estonia or USA, make an App and start gaining traction or profit and see whether the Govt wont come for you-considering again that you’re not even a citizen of that country. Just because it’s a faceless company here doesn’t mean they should not pay tax. They know they have to. Let them stop milking us dry all in the name of providing services.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by Pweety3333(f): 8:47am On Aug 11, 2020
I dont know why am always happy each time I hear a politician dies
Their fraudulent act is topnotch
As long they want to make us miserable
They will die one after the other

3 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by PROPAGANDIST(m): 8:49am On Aug 11, 2020
Why can't they pay taxes like other regular companies? This government undecided
Must they pay that amount to register and renew every year and still you want to collect commission. Still you will collect normal tax on top

5 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by Solatium(m): 8:53am On Aug 11, 2020
Esseite:

Me too bro... it's terrible, my friend pulled out last week (all six).. counted his loss rather than the constant heart attacks..

I thank God for this lockdown walahi,it made me realize that I can actually survive without the business.

4 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by Openbusiness4: 8:53am On Aug 11, 2020
MagumForce:

Oga,if you didn’t know,Uber and Taxify pay taxes in most countries they operate. The parent company must pay tax. Inasmuch as we hate the Govt so much, we must applaud them when they make the right move. Oya,go to Estonia or USA, make an App and start gaining traction or profit and see whether the Govt wont come for you-considering again that you’re not even a citizen of that country. Just because it’s a faceless company here doesn’t mean they should not pay tax. They know they have to. Let them stop milking us dry all in the name of providing services.
story for d gods, so u have d infrastructure Estonia has? Does it take 3 hours to drive 10KM journey in USA as a norm where almost everywhere traffic is blocked like inside sardine? Is the road so bad in those countries that ur car will be entering mechanic workshop week in week out? Do they have agberos both licensed and unlicensed harassing and extorting drivers 24/7. Plssssss Iz too early dis morning for me to b hearin bs, daz d way out of my mentions (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞

4 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 11, 2020
Openbusiness4:
story for d gods, so u have d infrastructure Estonia has? Does it take 3 hours to drive 20KM journey in USA? Is the road so bad in those countries that ur car will be entering mechanic workshop week in week out? Do they have agberos both licensed and unlicensed harassing and extorting drivers 24/7. Plssssss Iz too early dis morning for me to b hearin bs, daz d way out of my mentions (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞
Your opinion, your choice.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by Openbusiness4: 9:00am On Aug 11, 2020
MagumForce:

Your opinion, your choice.
my car, my labor, my sweat, my risks, my losses, my reward, my money....Your fu******ing armed robber agbero goverment should take their filthy pilfering hands off it! FYI, if it were possible for all Uber and Taxify and all e-hailing drivers in Lagos State to choose whether to drive their cars in Lagos or Estonia and America that you are making comparison with, 100% of all the drivers will ship their cars abroad and go drive there and leave your evil goverment and their agbero city alone to tax the wind and the birds. Useless thieves. God punish der papa.

4 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by Cousin9999: 9:00am On Aug 11, 2020
Openbusiness4:
daz d way out of my mentions (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞

lol

3 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by Finest641(f): 9:01am On Aug 11, 2020
This government Sha!

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 11, 2020
Openbusiness4:
my car, my labor, my sweat, my risks, my losses, my reward, my money....Your fu******ing armed robber agbero goverment should take their filthy pilfering hands off it! FYI, if it were possible for all Uber and Taxify and all e-hailing drivers in Lagos State to choose whether to drive their cars Lagos or Estonia and America that you are making comparison with, 100% of all the drivers will ship their cars abroad and go drive there and leave your evil goverment and their agbero city alone to tax the wind and the birds. Useless thieves. God punish der papa.
Oga, please direct your anger or whatever to the right authorities. I only tried to explain-I am not their mouthpiece. Take your bitterness somewhere else. Not this morning please, not this morning.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by DAVE5(m): 9:07am On Aug 11, 2020
Esseite:
Talking from experience as a fleet manager:

This is absolute madness, you could have just told new entrants not to even think venturing into the business..this may obviously not be a problem for uber and bolt, but if this eventually has a ripple effect on the drivers via increase of service commission, they can kiss their ass goodbye from Nigerian fleet managers whom are the power house of the ride-hailing companies, of which many are pulling out in droves today..

- Total purchase of a (non-rusted) regular corolla including registrations and starter pack/kit - 2m
- Average income /week (full time) - N100,000
- minimum Fueling/week - N30,000
- Commission remittance (currently) - N25,000
- average e-hail coy commission - 25% - N25,000
- Drivers earning 20k or less per week for being 112hrs on the road out of 168hrs, that is terrible but everyone is trying to survive..

- Fleet managers take home/week - (N25,000)..
Monthly sum - (N100,000)

inevitable expense projections:
Service - (N8,000 monthly)
- Monthly tire change projection (used) (N7,000)
- Monthly repairs projection (dollar rise in parts) - (15,000)
- Fines/levies/impound/tolls provision - (5,000)
- Driver short pays and run-aways - (5,000) or could cost you a whole week if not two.
- Logistics, tracking & follow ups - (5,000)
- Monthly Comprehensive insurance - (7,000)

Average monthly income after deductions - N50,000(madness).. e.g with N10m(5 cars) you barely make 250k monthly on a depreciating asset you dont control prices neither do you have the final decision.(who is that stupid?)

Vehicle replacement - 2m/N50,000 = 40mths (if it's a full-time business, it's impossible to save 100% of that income..4 years approx with all things being equal is almost impossible for a car virtually 18hrs on the road.. it may encounter major accidents, engine change, gear box change, AC issues during the period which does not just cut down massively on the capital recovery or wipe it all out, but inturn increases the capital recovery period of the vehicle aswell, well beyond the projected 40mths..

With this projections alongside increase in dollar /fuel which directly affects repair cost, reduces returns drastically, coupled with the shrinking economy that reduces riders, who in his right senses would remain in such business if a service charge is increased that affects both fleet managers and drivers?..

We go all carry gun las las... bye

Jeez...

The government is just so heartless

7k comprehensive insurance per month?

Like you said

We go all carry gun laslas

The government is over flexing on people's sweat, some idiots say the government didn't take their money so they can't complain when in reality the government is literally coming to our house with guns

Bike services were completely stopped; boom
Now e-ride hailing would be taxed the fūck out which would result in increases of fare prices, and we still sit in our homes being docile as usual

Very soon the government would tax us for even being alive

4 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by BigBashiru: 9:08am On Aug 11, 2020
Openbusiness4:
my car, my labor, my sweat, my risks, my losses, my reward, my money....Your fu******ing armed robber agbero goverment should take their filthy pilfering hands off it! FYI, if it were possible for all Uber and Taxify and all e-hailing drivers in Lagos State to choose whether to drive their cars Lagos or Estonia and America that you are making comparison with, 100% of all the drivers will ship their cars abroad and go drive there and leave your evil goverment and their agbero city alone to tax the wind and the birds. Useless thieves. God punish der papa.

Very well said!!! Nigeria should be even grateful an Estonian company chose to operate in Nigeria. If Bolt was a Nigerian company, it would typically be messed up becos discipline is not a part of Nigerian culture.

3 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by Openbusiness4: 9:11am On Aug 11, 2020
MagumForce:

Oga, please direct your anger or whatever to the right authorities. I only tried to explain-I am not their mouthpiece. Take your bitterness somewhere else. Not this morning please, not this morning.
if you're not their mouthpiece, then please stop defending their criminal heartless extortionist policy. And I'm not directing or venting my anger on you. NO, no, no. Am venting my anger directly @ dis fuc***ers. Dey r on Nairaland. Let dem c ma comment and pepper dia fuc*****g eyes. Agbero murafukaz. Overtaxation keee una papa der grin

2 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by chasamolu: 9:11am On Aug 11, 2020
Esseite:
Talking from experience as a fleet manager:

This is absolute madness, you could have just told new entrants not to even think venturing into the business..this may obviously not be a problem for uber and bolt, but if this eventually has a ripple effect on the drivers via increase of service commission, they can kiss their ass goodbye from Nigerian fleet managers whom are the power house of the ride-hailing companies, of which many are pulling out in droves today..

- Total purchase of a (non-rusted) regular corolla including registrations and starter pack/kit - 2m
- Average income /week (full time) - N100,000
- minimum Fueling/week - N30,000
- Commission remittance (currently) - N25,000
- average e-hail coy commission - 25% - N25,000
- Drivers earning 20k or less per week for being 112hrs on the road out of 168hrs, that is terrible but everyone is trying to survive..

- Fleet managers take home/week - (N25,000)..
Monthly sum - (N100,000)

inevitable expense projections:
Service - (N8,000 monthly)
- Monthly tire change projection (used) (N7,000)
- Monthly repairs projection (dollar rise in parts) - (15,000)
- Fines/levies/impound/tolls provision - (5,000)
- Driver short pays and run-aways - (5,000) or could cost you a whole week if not two.
- Logistics, tracking & follow ups - (5,000)
- Monthly Comprehensive insurance - (7,000)

Average monthly income after deductions - N50,000(madness).. e.g with N10m(5 cars) you barely make 250k monthly on a depreciating asset you dont control prices neither do you have the final decision.(who is that stupid?)

Vehicle replacement - 2m/N50,000 = 40mths (if it's a full-time business, it's impossible to save 100% of that income..4 years approx with all things being equal is almost impossible for a car virtually 18hrs on the road.. it may encounter major accidents, engine change, gear box change, AC issues during the period which does not just cut down massively on the capital recovery or wipe it all out, but inturn increases the capital recovery period of the vehicle aswell, well beyond the projected 40mths..

With this projections alongside increase in dollar /fuel which directly affects repair cost, reduces returns drastically, coupled with the shrinking economy that reduces riders, who in his right senses would remain in such business if a service charge is increased that affects both fleet managers and drivers?..

We go all carry gun las las... bye

You wrote all this or copy and paste ? Well I figured you wrote it . I’m impressed
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by AlphaT1(m): 9:14am On Aug 11, 2020
Olominira:
Correct. It's time govt expands her income capacity especially on multinationals that post billions of dollars in their headquarters and contribute nothing here while making billions of Naira.

If America that benefits revenues from all over the world through activities of its companies like Google, twitter, uber, Facebook, IG, etc could ban other people's APPs then. We must start taxing on money they make here too.

This is a step leading economies (China, India, US) have taken, the world must follow suit and make money from them if we can't ban
You don't even know what you are saying, no worry when e set una go know how far.. shebi Buhari don change 1 dollar to 1 Naira. If I try explain wetin dat policy mean and how poor man go bear the brunt (if at all d companies go still dey business), na insult you go reign on me just like when una insult us when we tell una say PMB no be am.....Una shout mr. integrity, mr integrity, shebi e don set. Dollar go soon hit N500/$..one minister say she share over 2 trillion to Nigerians as covid-19 palliative.

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by Coldie(m): 9:16am On Aug 11, 2020
BigBashiru:

The roads in Nigeria are actually good. It's the citizens that don't drive according to road conditions which results in accidents.
Are u kidding me or ur just joking. maybe the roads in the north are good but not the south

4 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by gnykelly(m): 9:17am On Aug 11, 2020
yahoo seems to be the best thing for youth to go into. all avenues to legal wealth has been frustrated

3 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by owowa145(m): 9:20am On Aug 11, 2020
garriguy:
Before Lagos would bring this policies, be sure they've already researched well on how much they actually pay in other countries.

by the way, check my signature on how to set up a modern garri processing facility
I agree, but the question is... Is the business as lucrative as it is in other countries? Is the taxation on dem this ridiculous? The patronage on commercial bus is higher compared to them due to Nigeria's gdp & finally, do u know uber drivers in naija ain't faithful to d entity itself, im telling u this, first hand?
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 11, 2020
gnykelly:
yahoo seems to be the best thing for youth to go into. all avenues to legal wealth has been frustrated

For real.

This government actually seems intent on making all legal hustle impossible....you'd just be working to fund the lifestyles of politicians and their regulators in the civil service

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by Openbusiness4: 9:23am On Aug 11, 2020
gnykelly:
NO, NO, NO and no. Yahoo is not the best thing. Terrorism is. Na terrorism dey pay pass now. If u don't believe me, ask Boko Haram, killer Fulani herdmen militias and bandits. D 9ja govts dey pay dem well and treat them like kings. Being legit in Nigeria is a crime now. They want everyone to turn to thieves like the chronic accursed thieves like themselves in power. Nonsense and Agbero pipu

2 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by gnykelly(m): 9:25am On Aug 11, 2020
Emmytex5555:
we the Uber drivers are not happy with the Lagos State rules

you better go into yahoo
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by gnykelly(m): 9:27am On Aug 11, 2020
ziddy:

For real.

This government actually seems intent on making all legal hustle impossible....you'd just be working to fund the lifestyles of politicians and their regulators in the civil service

I'm once into ehailing... as it is now fraud seems to be the only way.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by MyExpression(m): 9:36am On Aug 11, 2020
I have 50k to sell to whoever want to fund their online wallet at a very discounted price.
0.8. One. Four. 2.5.5. 2.4.2.4.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by 4tomandchi: 9:45am On Aug 11, 2020
For your standard Fingerlings, Juveniles, Table size and Broodstock.
For consultancy on how to start a farm
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by MyExpression(m): 9:59am On Aug 11, 2020
I have 50k to sell to whoever want to fund their online wallet at a very discounted price.
0.8. One. Four. 2.5.5. 2.4.2.4.

Opay, oride, gokada and co
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by lexy2014: 10:02am On Aug 11, 2020
Olominira:
Correct. It's time govt expands her income capacity especially on multinationals that post billions of dollars in their headquarters and contribute nothing here while making billions of Naira.

If America that benefits revenues from all over the world through activities of its companies like Google, twitter, uber, Facebook, IG, etc could ban other people's APPs then. We must start taxing on money they make here too.

This is a step leading economies (China, India, US) have taken, the world must follow suit and make money from them if we can't ban

Is it tax from Uber that has made Nigeria not be developed like China and d US?

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by expert555: 10:04am On Aug 11, 2020
Olominira:

Where is the money........ I. The pockets of Tifnubu and co......... slaves
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations by Adakintroy: 10:08am On Aug 11, 2020
It's an agbero kind of government.

They can only take and don't know how to creat or give. It's what we ask for it's what we are getting.

However the term they use on high level, it's agbero still.

They want to collect fee from landlords too. Them go find avenue t be collecting from working people but they can't come up with my initiative for creating just jobs.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okada Rider Found Dead In A Flooded Gutter In Anambra (Disturbing Video) / MCC Pedestrian Bridge Upper Iweka, Onitsha Now A Death Trap (Photos) / Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.