Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,592 members, 7,929,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 06:22 AM

Third Face Of Covid-19 Palliative Distribution In Nasarawa State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Third Face Of Covid-19 Palliative Distribution In Nasarawa State (154 Views)

Wike And Fubara Compete Through Bags Of Rice Distribution In Rivers State / Fuel Subsidy: Our Members Are Marginalised In Palliative Distribution – PWDs Cry / 2week-long Sit At Home Palliative Distribution Still Going On, On Low Key - Ekpa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Third Face Of Covid-19 Palliative Distribution In Nasarawa State by Zeegu(m): 2:47pm On Aug 11, 2020
GOVERNMENT OF NASARAWA STATE

Speech Delivered by His Excellency, Engr. Abdullahi A. Sule, the Executive Governor of Nasarawa State on the Occasion of Distribution of COVID-19 Palliatives to Vulnerable People in the State, Lafia: Tuesday, 11th August, 2020

1. His Excellency, the Deputy Governor of Nasarawa State;

2. The Right Hon. Speaker, Nasarawa State House of Assembly;

3. The Hon. Chief Judge of Nasarawa State;

4. Principal Officers and Members of the State House of Assembly;

5. Members of the State Executive and Security Councils;

6. The Secretary to the Government of Nasarawa State;

7. The Representatives of CACOVID;

8. The Head of the Civil Service;

9. Special Advisers;

10. The State Chairman, All Progressives Congress (APC);

11. Permanent Secretaries;

12. His Royal Highness, Hon. Justice Sidi Bage Muhammad I JSC (Rtd) Emir of Lafia and Chairman, Nasarawa State Council of Chiefs;

13. Chairmen and Chief Executives of Commissions, Boards and Parastatals;

14. Executive Chairmen of Local Government Councils and Overseers of Development Areas;

15. Your Royal Highnesses, Emirs and Chiefs present;

16. Gentlemen of the Press;

17. Ladies and Gentlemen.

It is with a sense of responsibility that I address you today on the occasion of the distribution of food items as palliatives to the vulnerable people across the thirteen (13) Local Government Areas of the State.

2. You would recall that the Nasarawa State Government recently received essential commodities worth thirty-five (35) trucks of different food items from Coalition Against COVID-19 (CACOVID), as part of its support to complement Government efforts in cushioning the effects of hunger in this period of COVID-19 pandemic.

3. I commend the Coalition Against COVID-19 (CACOVID) and other philanthropists for this humanitarian gesture, aimed at assisting the less-privileged and vulnerable groups in the society. Indeed, this gesture is worthy of commendation.

4. Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, it would be recalled that Nasarawa State Government in its commitment to cushion the plight of our people during the lockdown period as a result of the need to control the spread of COVID-19, procured twelve (12) trucks of rice and distributed to the thirteen (13) Local Government Areas of the State. Similarly, the Olam Farms Ltd also donated one (1) truck of six hundred (600) bags of rice bringing the total to thirteen (13) trucks.

5. The distribution was carried out by a special Committee of Honourable Commissioners, Special Advisers, Local Government Council Chairmen and other appointees of Government. Today’s event is therefore in furtherance of our commitment to continue to provide succour to the vulnerable households and indeed, the poorest of the poor across the nooks and crannies of the State.

6. Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, let me state that these commodities will be shared across the one thousand, four hundred and ninety-five (1,495) polling units in the State. It is important to note that these food items are to be shared to the poorest of the poor who have no source of income to cater for their daily needs. In this wise, salary earners, businessmen and other privileged people are exempted from this intervention.

7. It is pertinent to note that Government has re-strengthened the palliatives distribution Committees at the Local Government, wards and polling unit levels to ensure transparency in the distribution of the palliatives. Accordingly, the State Steering Committee on COVID-19 will ensure strict supervision and keen monitoring of the distribution process. I need to put on notice that the Palliative Committee at all levels will be held accountable for any anomaly in the distribution of the palliatives.

8. I, therefore, charge you to justify the confidence Government reposed in you by ensuring transparency and fairness in the distribution of these palliatives.

9. Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, as you are aware, Government remained committed in the fight against COVID-19 in the State. In this vein, we will continue to enforce preventive measures with a view to protect our citizens from contracting the virus.

10. Let me use this opportunity to thank individuals and organizations, particularly the CACOVID for their immense contributions towards the fight against the virus. I assure you that Government will continue to support and complement the effort of individuals and groups in turning around the fortunes of our dear State.

11. On this note, it is now my pleasure to flag-off the distribution of food items donated by the Coalition Against COVID-19 (CACOVID) to the vulnerable people across the thirteen (13) Local Government Areas of the State.

12. Thank you and may God bless us all.

(1) (Reply)

Thought For The Week: The War Against Boko Haram / Newsobasanjo Advises Youths To Wrest Power From Older Generation / Scott Bags Yem Africa Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.