Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,654 members, 7,889,126 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 11:54 PM

My Experience doing Physical Labour Work at a Building Construction Site - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Experience doing Physical Labour Work at a Building Construction Site (1421 Views)

"Be Ready!” – Canada-based Nigerian Lady Who Resumes Work At 5am Tells Nigerians / Kindly Share Your Experience Doing Business On Nairaland. / Guys, What Physical Features Can't You Stand In Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience doing Physical Labour Work at a Building Construction Site by GreaterFuture1(m): 9:48pm On Aug 11, 2020
No Jobs, No Money, No Business and I have to survive, so I went to A Building Construction Site About 15Mins walk from my house.
I did concrete work, which is the Only Job that would be always available Steadily. Concrete work is somewhat Different from Regular Bricklaying work. This Labour work is commonly referred to as konkéré or Casting. It is Physically more Demanding and Exhausting than being a Labourer for a the traditional bricklayer. You work with Carpenters and Welders, you work from morning to evenings sometimes late into the night. The workload and Stress is reduced a bit when we have a Machine concrete Mixer on Site (those large revolving drums powered by an electric motor). IMHO I think this is One of the toughest construction Site Jobs even. I have worked at Construction sites in the past, the last time was for a few weeks in mid 2014 and I did more of regular bricklaying labour not Casting work.
This work is Not easy at all. It's not about strength per say, but Endurance, you need real extreme endurance. These men, Ogas and Engineers at the site know that you need work and will usually use you anyhow. As I mentioned earlier you day's work Start from morning till any time, it does not have a Fixed time.
Ladies, Women and Teens work on site, some boys in their mid teens even. Young skinny Short boys doing Physical work that many big hefty Gym Guys can't do.
And after a Long hard day, My wage is 2000 (TWO THOUSAND NAIRA). feeding money dey inside too Some members get 2500 or 3k, a few Longtimers get 3500 naira. I know Some good Sites/Contractors/Companies Pay more. I have heard of some that pay like atleas 5k naira per day -excluding feeding- and have break time with reasonable Working hours. Like some government works, Island Jobs, Road Construction etc. Please If you have Connections to any good paying Construction Site work Pls Link me Up.
This is what some people do to survive even b4 COVID-19. Hmmn life is not easy in Nigeria for many people at all and More have joined since this Corona Situation period.
I saw and better understood another Angle and level to living conditions of people, and how this is normal to many of them. Cos some of these Guys, women and Boys have been doing these work for months and Years. Maybe some other time I will talk about how illiteracy, lack of Exposure and of course Poverty Shapes a Person life with so much Power and influence to very deep extents that the individual does not even realize.
You may Ask me questions pertaining to this and I will try my best to answer them.
Y'all have a good one, #peace

1 Like

Re: My Experience doing Physical Labour Work at a Building Construction Site by Vyzz: 10:25pm On Aug 11, 2020
How much did they pay u
Re: My Experience doing Physical Labour Work at a Building Construction Site by GreaterFuture1(m): 10:35pm On Aug 11, 2020
Vyzz:
How much did they pay u
I mentioned it in the Post, 2K/day
Re: My Experience doing Physical Labour Work at a Building Construction Site by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 11, 2020
D
Re: My Experience doing Physical Labour Work at a Building Construction Site by Enskynelson(m): 10:56pm On Aug 11, 2020
GreaterFuture1, I can imagine how difficult this could be. Indeed the country is hard. I can see from your expression that you are quite educated. I sincerely have nothing right now to offer you but I pray for you tonight that may you find something better very soon. May God raise helpers for you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience doing Physical Labour Work at a Building Construction Site by Zayttoven: 11:06pm On Aug 11, 2020
Keep your head up.
Re: My Experience doing Physical Labour Work at a Building Construction Site by NevetsIbot(m): 11:19pm On Aug 11, 2020
Wow. I tried lifting blocks to help a lady block a place in her compound and I almost fainted... Just five big sized blocks and it was like hell. Hahaha.

I really commend y'all that do this... Honestly.

I hope God takes y'all to better places.
Re: My Experience doing Physical Labour Work at a Building Construction Site by GreaterFuture1(m): 7:48am On Aug 12, 2020
NevetsIbot:
Wow. I tried lifting blocks to help a lady block a place in her compound and I almost fainted... Just five big sized blocks and it was like hell. Hahaha.
You nearly fainted? To put things In perspective, one headpan or bucket of concrete or only gravel would weigh more than two blocks
Re: My Experience doing Physical Labour Work at a Building Construction Site by Deffjam: 8:02am On Aug 12, 2020
Have been there.....
my own is i do any kind of legit hustle but am officially a painter.

recently i have started agent work(i help people look for house ,land,properiest. E.t.c

country no funny!

1 Like

Re: My Experience doing Physical Labour Work at a Building Construction Site by NevetsIbot(m): 9:26am On Aug 12, 2020
GreaterFuture1:

You nearly fainted? Lol I'm sure one headpan or bucket of concrete or only gravel would weigh more than two blocks

I pray I never get to the level where I'd have no choice than to do bricklaying to fend for myself...

This is coming from a guy who works out and it's toned to an extent o... Couldn't imagine lifting blocks for an hour not to talk of a whole day... Yesterday was an eye opener
Re: My Experience doing Physical Labour Work at a Building Construction Site by GreaterFuture1(m): 9:32am On Aug 12, 2020
Deffjam:
Have been there.....
my own is i do any kind of legit hustle but am officially a painter.

recently i have started agent work(i help people look for house ,land,properiest. E.t.c

country no funny!
Incidentally I am a Painter too. I tried agent work in the past with lands only, but I never clicked any deal.
Yeah any legit hustle that pays I'm down. I am thinking of entering Market/traffic to sell Soda and Snacks. I hear those people make cool money.
Re: My Experience doing Physical Labour Work at a Building Construction Site by Deffjam: 9:45am On Aug 12, 2020
[quote tauthor=GreaterFuture1 post=92727515]
Incidentally I am a Painter too. I tried agent work in the past with lands only, but I never got clicked any deal.
Yeah any legit hustle that pays I'm down. I am thinking of entering Market/traffic to sell Soda and Snacks grin I hear those people make cool money.[/quote]all the best bro.....plz avoid girls for now!
Re: My Experience doing Physical Labour Work at a Building Construction Site by GreaterFuture1(m): 9:49am On Aug 12, 2020
Deffjam:
all the best bro.....plz avoid girls for now!
Ok
Re: My Experience doing Physical Labour Work at a Building Construction Site by Drsnives(m): 1:50am On Aug 14, 2020
Hi
Enskynelson:
GreaterFuture1, I can imagine how difficult this could be. Indeed the country is hard. I can see from your expression that you are quite educated. I sincerely have nothing right now to offer you but I pray for you tonight that may you find something better very soon. May God raise helpers for you.

Ameeeeen. Your prayers n encouragement are enough sir

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Glycolysiss, Martinez93 And Most Redpillers On Nairaland Just Do Copy And Paste. / Why Do Women Suffer Penis Envy? / I Need Help Recharging My Solar Prepaid Meter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.