Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,798 members, 7,915,261 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 07:35 PM

I Never Handled Funds For NSIP, Says Vice President Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Handled Funds For NSIP, Says Vice President Osinbajo (359 Views)

Wale Edun’s Company Gets Lucrative Contract Weeks After NSIP Was Moved / Senate Confirms Olukoyede As EFCC Chair, Shehu As NSIP CEO / NSIP: Are They Paying Ghosts? - Ben Kalu Questions Maryam Uwais (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Handled Funds For NSIP, Says Vice President Osinbajo by TheRareGem1(f): 5:25am On Aug 12, 2020
Osinbajo added that the NSIO Steering Committee supervised the implementation of the SIPs under the OVP.

Yemi Osinbajo, Vice President of Nigeria, has disclosed that his office did not handle funds while overseeing the National Social Investment Programme.

Osinbajo stated that funds were being procured by the Ministry of Budget and National Planning when he was the Chairman of the Steering Committee that oversaw the National Social Investment Office between 2016 and 2019.

The revelation by Osinbajo comes after an exclusive report by SaharaReporters that the National Assembly was concluding plans to probe the activities of NSIP under Osinbajo and Maryam Uwais, Special Adviser to the President on the NSIP.

The probe, according to sources, was to divert attention from the series of corrupt activities uncovered under Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management, Sadiya Umar Farouq.

Osinbajo stated that as testament to its far reaching impact on millions of beneficiaries, the Social Investment Programmes under his office was recognised and endorsed by several local and international bodies including the Africa Development Bank, World Bank and the World Economic Forum.

A statement from his office reads, “Osinbajo insisted since 2016 that a full-fledged ministry should undertake everything about financing the programme.

“Since its implementation in 2016 until October 2019, the SIPs was domiciled in the Office of the Vice President, with VP Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, as Chair of the Steering Committee that oversees the National Social Investment Office (NSIO).

“The NSIO provides standard delivery mechanisms, with objectivity, collaboration, synergy transparency, efficiency and pro-active monitoring in mind. To assure of close collaboration and impact, focal persons from each State were nominated by the Governors, to supervise the State’s activities in relation to each of the four programmes.

“The Office of the Vice President WAS NOT involved in financial transactions or the disbursement of funds for the SIPs.

“The Ministry of Budget and National Planning, was in charge of all matters regarding financing, budgeting, procurement and disbursement of funds allocated and released for the N-SIPs.”

Osinbajo added that the NSIO Steering Committee supervised the implementation of the SIPs under the OVP.

The steering committee comprises nine ministers including that of Finance; Education; Health; Agriculture, Trade and Investment, Youth and Sports, Women Affairs; Labour and Productivity; Information; with the Ministry of Budget and National Planning as the Secretariat.

The committee meets regularly for updates, to review, advise, guide and approve the processes of the N-SIPs.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/08/11/i-never-handled-funds-nsip-says-vice-president-osinbajo

Re: I Never Handled Funds For NSIP, Says Vice President Osinbajo by BlowYourMind: 5:27am On Aug 12, 2020
We know
Re: I Never Handled Funds For NSIP, Says Vice President Osinbajo by TheRareGem1(f): 5:31am On Aug 12, 2020
BlowYourMind:
We know

Ahahahahahaahhahaahha. Good.
Re: I Never Handled Funds For NSIP, Says Vice President Osinbajo by kayusely70(m): 5:39am On Aug 12, 2020
Thats Good
Re: I Never Handled Funds For NSIP, Says Vice President Osinbajo by RuddyFusion(m): 5:42am On Aug 12, 2020
We believe.you sir
Re: I Never Handled Funds For NSIP, Says Vice President Osinbajo by realstars: 5:43am On Aug 12, 2020
The Political Hunters Are Hunting The Vp
Re: I Never Handled Funds For NSIP, Says Vice President Osinbajo by helinues: 5:44am On Aug 12, 2020
Not surprised.

Those iyanmi.ri's led by Jackson Ude are only wasting their time

1 Like

Re: I Never Handled Funds For NSIP, Says Vice President Osinbajo by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:45am On Aug 12, 2020
Even me sef, I've never commented on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: I Never Handled Funds For NSIP, Says Vice President Osinbajo by Deputy1111(m): 5:57am On Aug 12, 2020
Jackson Ude, Timi Frank, Sahara Reporter and their mother PDP are too small to tarnish the image of the vice president Yemi Osinbajo.

Re: I Never Handled Funds For NSIP, Says Vice President Osinbajo by okefranci: 6:03am On Aug 12, 2020
everybody knows but there are some haters and enemies of progress like PDP and co that want to tarnish your good reputation

1 Like

Re: I Never Handled Funds For NSIP, Says Vice President Osinbajo by Joylove2324(f): 6:26am On Aug 12, 2020
:
Re: I Never Handled Funds For NSIP, Says Vice President Osinbajo by Joyce95: 6:44am On Aug 12, 2020
This is interesting one, counting on you sir
Re: I Never Handled Funds For NSIP, Says Vice President Osinbajo by OgundeleTeju: 7:13am On Aug 12, 2020
Ofcourse we know it ,we know it’s just a smear on you to divert the people’s attention against 2023
Re: I Never Handled Funds For NSIP, Says Vice President Osinbajo by frankyychiji(f): 7:17am On Aug 12, 2020
Osunbande, your fingers are found in so many cookie jars, keep running upandan like King Pago of Victor Uwaifo's band, the long arm of the law will surely catch up with you.

With your legal expertise, you taught Tinubu to be a maradona, I guess you will be ready to take the rap for him soon.
Abba kyari kept your dossier in a safe deposit box, so stop feeling funky.

1 Like

Re: I Never Handled Funds For NSIP, Says Vice President Osinbajo by ivandragon: 8:02am On Aug 12, 2020
Lol.

The VP is smarter than a ganduje or a farouk.

I guess the tradermoni he distributed was used tissue...

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/306825-obasanjo-attacks-osinbajo-says-tradermoni-an-idiotic-programme-premium-times-nigeria.html

https://m.guardian.ng/business-services/vice-president-yemi-osinbajo-launches-phase-two-of-tradermoni-and-marketmoni-in-anambra/amp/

Not surprised anyway.

PMB was head of ptf yet he said he didn't know how money was being spent, so the VP simply borrowed a leaf from the tree...

1 Like

Re: I Never Handled Funds For NSIP, Says Vice President Osinbajo by Zeesugar(f): 8:57am On Aug 12, 2020
frankyychiji:
Osunbande, your fingers are found in so many cookie jars, keep running upandan like King Pago of Victor Uwaifo's band, the long arm of the law will surely catch up with you.

With your legal expertise, you taught Tinubu to be a maradona, I guess you will be ready to take the rap for him soon.
Abba kyari kept your dossier in a safe deposit box, so stop feeling funky.

Hmmmmmm I love evidence why not give one. "Defender of the cookie jar".
Re: I Never Handled Funds For NSIP, Says Vice President Osinbajo by Shooyie: 10:15am On Aug 12, 2020
By now, every sensible knows the disbursement of funds was handled by BOI, ministry of budget and planning. Their plots will not work.
Re: I Never Handled Funds For NSIP, Says Vice President Osinbajo by frankyychiji(f): 11:20am On Aug 12, 2020
Shooyie:
By now, every sensible knows the disbursement of funds was handled by BOI, ministry of budget and planning. Their plots will not work.
Let's find out if BOI gave him kickbacks.

(1) (Reply)

Rivers State Citizens Residential Tower Proposal (photos) / Mutinying Soldiers Arrest Mali’s President And Prime Minister / Ondo 2020 : Jegede Jinxed By The Choice Of Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.