Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,385 members, 7,891,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 05:25 PM

How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation - Culture (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation (36720 Views)

History : Iduu-eri Kingdom Of The Ancient Igbo People-pics / Ikeja Royal Families Unveil Tajudeen Muritala As New Monarch / Ancient igbo pyramids have been rediscovered (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by TAO11(f): 5:42am On Aug 17, 2020
Thanks MinorityOpinion and LegendHero. The comment has been released and I have been unbanned.

It’s found on page 28 of this thread, and it deals largely with the Ijebu-Ode settlement/kingdom vis-a-vis Ife. I will proceed later to my comment on present Ife settlement, as to how it attained its ancient primacy and imperial status after all the waves of Yoruba (and non-Yoruba) migrations from the earlier Ife settlement to their respective present locations.

Just to confirm again MinorityOpinion; you said I can’t modify the comment again right?? LegendHero, do you also confirm this?? I kind of feel the need to finalize some formatting modification on the comment though. embarassed cheesy

Note to insecure angry birds: If you must say something about the specific comment I’m talking about here, then please do so by simply giving me a “Mention” in your separate comment. You will get banned if you attempt to “Quote” the comment. A word should be enough if y’all are wise.

2 Likes

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Nobody: 6:36am On Aug 17, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

You tag each other because herd mentality is your thing and you guys confuse it with unity. In the end it is lack of self confidence. When left alone in the same turf, the century long Yoruba wars and the wild wild west scenario of 1960s will be repeated. grin

Consistency? I have read many versions of Oduduwa and Ife from you guys that I don't even know which to believe. I have also read so many different version of your link to the Benin kingdom. All of them sound like fable.

Before we talk further about how yorubas surrendered their sovereignty without a fight, I know you read the attached document. Is it true or false?

At the bolded, if truely you are igbo born of Nri and not the other way round, open another thread about Ife-Benin connection. If e sure for you and you are not a coward.

The second bolded, you are a liar, prove it in a new thread too. If e sure for you.
Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Hellraiser77: 8:21am On Aug 17, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Lol U guys said nothing

Y’all have many myths abt oduduwa that u don’t know which is true

Hellraiser77 abeg wey dat article wey another Yoruba historian talk another myth grin
lol..... A.O Adesoji in his paper "The Oduduwa myth and farce of yoruba unity" Adesoji totally exposed how Oduduwa and Ile-Ife story was imposed on all Yoruba people to foster unity and curtail the frequent wars between various yoruba sub-groups.

Ile Ife meant nothing to yoruba people until archeological findings in the early 20th century revealed Ife served a ceremonial purpose till the 15th century, according to A.O Adesoji in the farce of Yoruba unity he said and I qoute "It would seem that the Odùduwà factor was not a dominant issue in the history
and politics of the Yorùbá until the late 1940s when it was revived or perhaps contrived
(Notice how recent Ile Ife and Oduduwa craze is?) grin it's all an elaborate plot intended to unite all the warring Yoruba sub-groups

The emergence of Egbé Omo Odùduwà in the mid 1940s marked the revival of
the Odùduwà factor in Yorùbá history and politics. Founded as a cultural organisation in
London in 1945 by Obáfémi Awólówò and a group of Yorùbá students;( A.O Adesoji; the Oduduwa myth and the farce of yoruba unity) Awolowo was the original con man that wrongly tied all Yoruba people to Oduduwa and Ile ife to unite them cheesy

Cc Tao11

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Hellraiser77: 8:27am On Aug 17, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

grin grin

Your don follow this guy so tey , oga begin open confession.
The guy has been forced to admit modern day yoruba people came from kogi state much to the disappointment of MinorityOpinion and legendhero grin grin

More revelations coming cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Hellraiser77: 8:30am On Aug 17, 2020
BabaRamota1980:
Tao11
Legendhero
Minorityopinion

Guys, I believe the points that Benin is a Yoruba dynasty has already been established beyond any reasonable doubts, in scholarship work, in traditions, in culture and in politics.

It is beneath us at this point to drag forward with an unknown Nri.

If Benin themselves do not see it a point to refute the Nri and Ibo claim of superiority over them, we should not prove beyond what is already established. Afterall Yoruba has never been occupied by Ibo and they do not intend under Ipob and Biafra to enter any Yoruba state. We should not push any more past this point.

You guys have done great and wonderful job! The history of Benin can never be rewritten, Never! Not as long as an Oba dynasty sits on throne.

Lets conclude and go face more pressing issues that we need to guard and preserve for Yoruba future. 2023!
Babaramotu this is exactly why I regard you as an illiterate grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Hellraiser77: 8:36am On Aug 17, 2020
Sammy07:

Thanks for your honorable mention .
I just had to unfollow the thread I was just tired of their baseles claims
You got scared your false belief is being shattered grin
For you information we are now discussing how Yoruba ancestors created the fake Ile-Ife you know today, grin The real Ife in modern day kogi near Idah spoke a proto-igbo language

4 Likes

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Hellraiser77: 9:07am On Aug 17, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

At the bolded, if truely you are igbo born of Nri and not the other way round, open another thread about Ife-Benin connection. If e sure for you and you are not a coward.

The second bolded, you are a liar, prove it in a new thread too. If e sure for you.
MinorityOpinion stop being such an emotional kid grin grin

Tao11 Don't bother bringing Awolowo-era fables and tales of how all yorubas came out of Ile-ife, it has been trashed and discarded, The more plausible view is that yoruba migrations from the confluence region was in waves and it spanned hundreds of years grin

Up next I'm going to prove to everybody that Igbos were already inhabiting the area today known as Ile Ife(this was not it's original name) before the ancestors of yorubas started arriving, Your Ooni himself Elaborated on this, but you don't like it grin grin

Truth is never measured in mass appeal

2 Likes

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by gwafaeziokwu: 9:14am On Aug 17, 2020
Hellraiser77:
You got scared your false belief is being shattered grin
For you information we are now discussing how Yoruba ancestors created the fake Ile-Ife you know today, grin The real Ife in modern day kogi near Idah spoke a proto-igbo language

He is not up to date. The Ife stuff has been long busted. It was a fable created by Awo and Co to unite the ever warring Yorubas who are at each others throat. In the new emerging Nigeria of that time with many regional interest, disunity will be suicidal. They needed the story of a fallen angel without parachute grin

So, we are already in Kogi to get the real gist.

@hellraiser77, These guys will have to pay you at the end of this lecture. You are really helping them understand whom they are.

grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by gwafaeziokwu: 9:16am On Aug 17, 2020
Hellraiser77:
MinorityOpinion stop being such an emotional kid grin grin

grin grin

They are clamouring for a new thread. You should know why.

4 Likes

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Hellraiser77: 9:27am On Aug 17, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

He is not up to date. The Ife stuff has been long busted. It was a fable created by Awo and Co to unite the ever warring Yorubas who are at each others throat. In the new emerging Nigeria of that time with many regional interest, disunity will be suicidal. They needed the story of a fallen angel without parachute grin

So, we are already in Kogi to get the real gist.

@hellraiser77, These guys will have to pay you at the end of this lecture. You are really helping them understand whom they are.

grin
Honestly they need to pay me grin

I have taken them back to their kogi state origins, Next is to make them understand what they call ile-ife was originally populated by an Igbo stock of people called Ndi-gboo(the old ones in Igbo language) The activities of this ancient Igbo stock was captured in the well known Moremi story of IFE grin.....Even the Ooni made mention of this very recently grin

I will shatter all erroneous beliefs before this thread ends

4 Likes

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Etinosa1234: 11:56am On Aug 17, 2020
This is surprising....The Yorubas are running away...

One even unfollowed the thread

Hellraiser77 and ur brother...this thing wey una do nor fair ooo

BabaRamota1980...nor do me like this...

I was learning from u

Even Tao come dey drop one comment instead of article

6 Likes

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by TAO11(f): 2:15pm On Aug 17, 2020
Just to give the insecure folks something to worry about regarding their Awolowo straw, the following was recorded by David Hinderer when he visited Ife in the 1850s:

“Ife is famous as being the seat of idolatory; all the multiple idols of this part of the country are said to emanate from the town; from there the sun and moon rises where they are buried in the ground, and all people of this country and even white men sprung from this town.”

— David Hinderer: “Diaries”, Ibadan, Christian Mission Society (CMS).

Awolowo, however, wasn’t born until the year 1909. Hmmm! Great Awo has been uniting the Yorubas to Ife even before his own birth. Interesting.

PS: It’s kind of unfortunate that I’m very busy with other things lately, there are too much historical information to share to debunk this AwOlOwO-straw.

The Edos seem to be the ones who enjoyed me the most as I was very much available during the gone era of their bold lies.

cc: LegendHero, BabaRamota1980, MinorityOpinion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by gregyboy(m): 2:32pm On Aug 17, 2020
Etinosa1234:

The last sentence Sha.. even supported by a Yoruba person

Yorubas contend that Oduduwa came from the sky , some say he came from Middle East

The Benin believe that he was the son of the last Ogiso Owodo and he went to Ife where it was prophecied that their king will come from the bush

Ur article says that it was believed Oduduwa came from the far east...and Benin happens to be East

Taking this article into consideration it can be that the Oduduwa might be Benin after all..

And Middle East doesn't have any record of any prince leaving their city to faraway africa

This is just my biased opinion tho... until someone proves otherwise

Gregyboy wtf77 Areafada2

Lumoing ife to benin or eveb bring life to oduduwa is wring bro

I don read yoruba, history read benin history

Bro you need to be varse in both history to see all of this are myth

Oduduwa was an idol not a human being, the worship gained prominence among the yoruba people

Just like every diety they attribute it to their origin

2 Likes

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by AreaFada2: 2:51pm On Aug 17, 2020
gregyboy:

Lumoing ife to benin or eveb bring life to oduduwa is wring bro

I don read yoruba, history read benin history

Bro you need to be varse in both history to see all of this are myth

Oduduwa was an idol not a human being, the worship gained prominence among the yoruba people
Just like every diety they attribute it to their origin
Fact is nobody knows 100% how Oduduwa came about. Same applies to most other ancient figures in African history.

Oduduwa and Ife as cradle of Yoruba was a political theme to unite Yoruba.

But even at that many people in Oyo, Ugbo land, Modakeke and other places strongly dispute it.

Yoruba cannot come from Oduduwa who came like 800 years plus ago. The various groups that came to be called Yoruba by Muslims like 200 years ago are way more ancient than that.

I think claiming to be 800 years old is actually a baffling insult for a people who flaunt education and sophistication.

4 Likes

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by gregyboy(m): 3:38pm On Aug 17, 2020
AreaFada2:

Fact is nobody knows 100% how Oduduwa came about. Same applies to most other ancient figures in African history.

Oduduwa and Ife as cradle of Yoruba was a political theme to unite Yoruba.

But even at that many people in Oyo, Ugbo land, Modakeke and other places strongly dispute it.

Yoruba cannot come from Oduduwa who came like 800 years plus ago. The various groups that came to be called Yoruba by Muslims like 200 years ago are way more ancient than that.

I think claiming to be 800 years old is actually a baffling insult for a people who flaunt education and sophistication.

Oduduwa origin become popular amongst the yoruba after d creation of nigeria for political reasons, ife in acient was a religious town not ancestral town, and it was not religious to every part of Yoruba, like the eastern Yoruba, it was mostly western yorubas like oyo

Benin lumping themselves with yoruba history is what annoys me, oba eweka11 nor try for dat one, he should have left those statements he made as diplomatic statements

Benin-ife history never happened na scam

6 Likes

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by gwafaeziokwu: 4:02pm On Aug 17, 2020
gregyboy:

Oduduwa origin become popular amongst the yoruba after d creation of nigeria for political reasons, ife in acient was a religious town not ancestral town, and it was not religious to every part of Yoruba, like the eastern Yoruba, it was mostly western yorubas like oyo

Benin lumping themselves with yoruba history is what annoys me, oba eweka11 nor try for dat one, he should have left those statements he made as diplomatic statements

Benin-ife history never happened na scam

grin grin

And it gets hotter.
Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by TAO11(f): 4:21pm On Aug 17, 2020
Just to continue giving the insecure folks something to respond to, while informing real humans (the Yoruba Nairalanders):

We have already seen, in my preceding, comment how AwOlOwO (born 1909) was uniting the Yorubas to Ife before his own birth. /s

The following is a declaration by an Ijebu man in response to the modern Oyo-hegemonic tendencies to shift the Yoruba capital from Ife.

This Ijebu man made the declaration in 1901 — again before AwOlOwO’s birth:

“In 1901 an Ijebu man found it necessary to make an emphatic declaration on Yoruba History:

I deny that Oyo is the capital city of Yoruba land. Ife, the cradle home of the whole Yorubas and the land of the deified Oduduwa has been recognized by every interior tribe (including Benin and Ketu) for all intents and purposes as the capital city.*

Williams was replying to a speech previously given by Obadiah Johnson, the brother of Samuel Johnson, affirming all that Williams was denying.”

— B.A. Agiri, “Early Oyo History Reconsidered”, History in Africa, 1975, Vol. 2 (1975), p.1.
In case the grammar was a problem, the use of the word “deified” in this context indicates that a human being (Oduduwa) was admitted into a pantheon after his life.

So, apparently the Yoruba people (both of Nigeria and the Republic of Benin) always believed this about Oduduwa, of course before AwOlOwO’s parent met each other. grin

Or may be AwOlOwo did his magic again before his own birth. grin

I wonder how an Anglophone Nigerian politician would have been the reason why many people of the Francophone Republic of Benin believe Oduduwa to be their ‘father’.

The straws from our insecure bvsh-men at this point are a true testament to the fact that a truly dvmb person could not possibly have any limit to expressing his dvmbness.

cc: LegendHero, MinorityOpinion, BabaRamota1980

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by TAO11(f): 5:28pm On Aug 17, 2020
On top of that, AwOlOwO is an Ijebu man.

This foregoing fact alone makes my above argument a three-in-one killer.

In other words, (1)AwOlOwO was already shown above to be magically uniting all Yorubas (including those of Benin Republic) to Oduduwa/Ife, before his own birth. /s grin

AND

(2) Being an Ijebu man, he would obviously have done the uNiTinG thingy to his own Ijebu town (or any Ijebu town for that matter) — before his birth of course. /s grin I mean, why Ife?? cheesy

AND

(3) This single fact again also further demolishes the already demolished joke of Ijebu having nothing to do with Ife. Again, why Ife of all places an Ijebu man could think of from heaven?? grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by TAO11(f): 5:38pm On Aug 17, 2020
A gentle reminder below:
TAO11
@OfoIgbo

In case you still care further for truth (as I noticed you’ve lately began sharing my posts), then the following is a British Museum documentary which affirms the same information.

It is affirmed positively and emphatically from time-stamps 48:22 — 48:38 that the kings of Benin kingdom pay homage to the Oonis of Ife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQY_Jd--pwI

cc: LegendHero, MinorityOpinion, BabaRamota1980.
Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Hellraiser77: 6:46pm On Aug 17, 2020
[s]
TAO11:
Just to continue giving the insecure folks something to respond to, while informing real humans (the Yoruba Nairalanders):

We have already seen, in my preceding, comment how AwOlOwO (born 1909) was uniting the Yorubas to Ife before his own birth. /s

The following is a declaration by an Ijebu man in response to the modern Oyo-hegemonic tendencies to shift the Yoruba capital from Ife.

This Ijebu man made the declaration in 1901 — again before AwOlOwO’s birth:

“In 1901 an Ijebu man found it necessary to make an emphatic declaration on Yoruba History:

I deny that Oyo is the capital city of Yoruba land. Ife, the cradle home of the whole Yorubas and the land of the deified Oduduwa has been recognized by every interior tribe (including Benin and Ketu) for all intents and purposes as the capital city.*

Williams was replying to a speech previously given by Obadiah Johnson, the brother of Samuel Johnson, affirming all that Williams was denying.”

— B.A. Agiri, “Early Oyo History Reconsidered”, History in Africa, 1975, Vol. 2 (1975), p.1.
In case the grammar was a problem, the use of the word “deified” in this context indicates that a human being (Oduduwa) was admitted into a pantheon after his life.

So, apparently the Yoruba people (both of Nigeria and the Republic of Benin) always believed this about Oduduwa, of course before AwOlOwO’s parent met each other. grin

Or may be AwOlOwo did his magic again before his own birth. grin

I wonder how an Anglophone Nigerian politician would have been the reason why many people of the Francophone Republic of Benin believe Oduduwa to be their ‘father’.

The straws from our insecure bvsh-men at this point are a true testament to the fact that a truly dvmb person could not possibly have any limit to expressing his dvmbness.

[/s] Tao11 what significance does the opinion of an anonymous Ijebu man from 1901 have? grin, Is that how low you have descrended? undecided undecided

All evidence keep pointing to the fact that Ile Ife was not sacred to majority of yoruba groups prior to the archeological excavations of the early 20th century which suggested it may have served a ceremonial purpose till around the 15th century This Archeological findings coupled with the need to present a united yoruba front prompted a frenzy of fairy tales where all yoruba groups tried to connect to Ile-ife to foster an artificial unity grin grin

According to A.O Adesoji (The myth of Oduduwa and the Farce of Yoruba unity) The impression which the Yorùbá elite wanted to create and foster in
the contemporary period is that the Yorùbá nation is a united and indivisible group,
notwithstanding the glaring differences between the various Yorùbá sub-groups and their
perception of one another. Besides, the manner in which the elite went about it polarised
Yorùbáland
(he is talking about the Ooni Vs Alaafin fight grin).

Prior to this attempt by the Yoruba elite to form one United front, Only a few yoruba communities claimed descent from the sky(Oduduwa), According to A.O Adesoji(the myth of Oduduwa and the farce of Yoruba unity) this communities were Òbà-Ilé near Àkúré,
Òbà-Ìgbómìnà and Igbó-Ìdáìsà in the present-day Republic of Benin.

What Awolowo and his Egbé Omo Oduduwa group collaborated with Yoruba traditional rulers of the early 20th century to do is now quite glaring to Historians like A.O Adesoji grin grin

The myth of Oduduwa and Ile-ife as being the source of the yoruba people has been Disproven time with out numbers, I can give you instances from now till 31st December grin cheesy

Finally Tao11 are you in doubt on the fact that there where an ancient stock of Igbos(the Obatala igbos), living in and around Ile-ife before the arrival of some early yoruba ancestors from kogi state, Ooni ogunwusi expressly stated this and I have countless proof of ancient Igbo activities in the Ile-ife area to support him and prove it beyond any reasonable doubt grin grin.

Honestly i like you cos you a bit teachable unlike most yoruba wannabe-story tellers that like to think they are Historians grin grin

NB: Igbos might be lots of things but they are not at all insecure cheesy, infact they have a Superiority aura and overconfidence which I personally dislike.

4 Likes

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by OfoIgbo: 7:15pm On Aug 17, 2020
TAO11:
A gentle reminder below:

Monday work responsibilities have sabotaged my attempt to put together a reply.

However, as you and the other people wait for my reply. Please listen to what Benin people are saying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPFuOlZSfM4

Please also watch the one below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAQh7mTaAjc

Please learn your history and how Ooni of Ife, Alaafin of Oyo and Oba of Benin are ranked

4 Likes

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Hellraiser77: 7:25pm On Aug 17, 2020
TAO11:
On top of that, AwOlOwO is an Ijebu man.

This foregoing fact alone makes my above argument a three-in-one killer.

In other words, (1)AwOlOwO was already shown above to be magically uniting all Yorubas (including those of Benin Republic) to Oduduwa/Ife, before his own birth. /s grin

AND

(2) Being an Ijebu man, he would obviously have done the uNiTinG thingy to his own Ijebu town (or any Ijebu town for that matter) — before his birth of course. /s grin I mean, why Ife?? cheesy

AND

(3) This single fact again also further demolishes the already demolished joke of Ijebu having nothing to do with Ife. Again, why Ife of all places an Ijebu man could think of from heaven?? grin

Tao you are Disappointingly beginning to sound more incoherent and Disillusioned as this arguement wears on, No more phony oyibo fairy tales to qoute?.....we are now in the realm of currently verifiable facts and Yoruba History does not fare well here grin grin

I will Reiterate a few facts for your clearity;

1- It was very convenient for Awolowo and the elite of the time which includes Yoruba traditional rulers to tell elaborate and Baseless stories linking all yoruba to ile Ife (At a point you even claimed Ile Ife was the cradle of all civilizations in the world, What a jokecheesy grin) Because it already had an exalted status based solely on archeological findings of the time(early 20th century) grin

2-Ask yourself, If Ile-ife was really divine and sacred to all Yoruba people why did Oyo a very young yoruba kingdom founded in 1400 challenge it for the title of yoruba cradle of civilization? cheesycheesy, isn't this because They knew the title was an elaborate Con-job and not at all based on true history history? grin grin

3-About the yoruba community in Benin Republic, A.O Adesoji clearly stated that prior to the 20th century only three communities of Òbà-Ilé near Àkúré,
Òbà-Ìgbómìnà and Igbó-Ìdáìsà in modern day Benin Republic believe their founder fell from the sky(Oduduwa) grin, So your arguement that Awolowo couldn't have influenced the History of Yoruba in Benin Republic is corrected by the fact they were One of only three original communities That truly claim Ife Prior to the antics of Awolowo and his Band of con men grin grin

By implication ife is the Cradle of only three communities in the entire yorubaland cheesy

4 Likes

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Etinosa1234: 7:51pm On Aug 17, 2020
Quick question Tao...why is it that this books u are always quoting...no one can access it..The link na another problem on its own...

Pls next time be helping us with screenshots of the page and links if necessary

1 Like

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by LegendHero(m): 8:00pm On Aug 17, 2020
OfoIgbo:

Monday work responsibilities have sabotaged my attempt to put together a reply.

However, as you and the other people wait for my reply. Please listen to what Benin people are saying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPFuOlZSfM

Please also watch the one below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAQh7mTaAj

Please learn your history and how Ooni of Ife, Alaafin of Oyo and Oba of Benin are ranked

The video is just nonsense. The second video showed the narrator is just one uninformed propagandist saying rubbish.

You can check the comment section of the video, he was roasted in the comment section.

The below is 1937 showing the pictures of all Yoruba Obas with the governor of Nigeria. Oba of Benin was also included in the Yoruba Obas and you can see him seated.

At the centre is Ooni Aderemi, to his left is Oba Akenzua of Benin and Alake of Egbaland Oba Ademola. To Ooni’s right, Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Oladigbolu and Oba Adesanya Gbelegbuwa the Awujale of Ijebu Ode. The white man in the picture is the Governor of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Etinosa1234: 8:05pm On Aug 17, 2020
LegendHero:

The video is just nonsense. The second video showed the narrator is just one uninformed propagandist saying rubbish.

You can check the comment section of the video, he was roasted on the comment section.

The below is 1937 showing the pictures of all Yoruba Obas with the governor of Nigeria. Oba of Benin was also included in the Yoruba Obas and you can see him seated.

At the centre is Ooni Aderemi, to his left is Oba Akenzua of Benin and Alake of Egbaland Oba Ademola. To Ooni’s right, Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Oladigbolu and Oba Adesanya Gbelegbuwa the Awujale of Ijebu Ode. The white man in the picture is the Governor of Nigeria.

I don't understand u but are u then claiming the Ooni was bigger than the white man..

If no, then pictures don't prove anything
Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by OfoIgbo: 8:12pm On Aug 17, 2020
LegendHero:

You can check the comment section of the video, he was roasted on the comment section.

Meaningless response. The Benin oba has spoken. And proper Benin people have spoken.

Both the Ooni of Ife and the Alaafin of Oyo were originally from Benin and definitely not greater than the Benin oba.

I haven't sent in my reply. Once I do, you will be in no doubt as to who the Portuguese explorers were referring to.

Oba Benin will never challenge Eze NRI, as he properly told us how the OONI came to be.

Please still wait for my reply to TAO11. I want to lecture you guys, so you will stop spilling trash all around

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (58) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin Gets 117-Year-Old Tortoises As Gifts / Alaafin Of Oyo Embarks On Work Out Session, Boxing Ring Fight (Photos) / Ooni Of Ife Visits Oldest African Temple In Brazil Which Used To Be A Church.pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.