Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,470 members, 7,891,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:22 PM

Hip-Hop Beefs: Real Stuff Or Commercial Gimmick? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Hip-Hop Beefs: Real Stuff Or Commercial Gimmick? (1982 Views)

Modenine Opens Up On Ruggedman Beefs + He Beefs Saucekid Not! / Beefs You Would Love To See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hip-Hop Beefs: Real Stuff Or Commercial Gimmick? by Bigtee(m): 9:53am On Feb 01, 2006
HI,

There as been alot of beef scenerios in the music industry, some innclude: 2Pac Vs Notorious Big, Nas Vs Jay-z, Nelly Vs Krs One, Dmx Vs Ja Rule, 50 Cents Vs The Game, Lil Kim Vs Foxy Brown(the ladies are not left out), Rugged man Vs Eedris Abdulkareem (over Nigeria Artiste self dey show colour) e.t.c the list goes on and on.

But what comes to my mind is that this beef thingy is just a commercial stunt to raise awareness and sell records.
Jay-z Vs Nas Came back after the "beef show" and did concerts together, Krs One Vs Nas, Krs one doesn't know Nelly(but because of the beef Thang, Nelly sold over 2 Million copies of his album).

Need i say more? The final verdict is that BEEF is not REAL. The only bad case was that 2Pac and Notorious BIG were victim of circumstances to have passed on while their beef stunt was on ( for your information they did a track together!!)

Holla Back

Succeschild
Re: Hip-Hop Beefs: Real Stuff Or Commercial Gimmick? by Scorpio(f): 2:48am On Feb 02, 2006
Sometimes me thinks it's abt d sales n errything, but it can also b serious. e.g d beef between Cannibal n LL Cool J..their's started because of LL's Tattoo(d mike) around his arm. this topic reminds me of the Beef's series on BET. did anyone see it? I would say it's about 75% real, dem playas need to watch their mouf(e.g 50).
Re: Hip-Hop Beefs: Real Stuff Or Commercial Gimmick? by Seun(m): 4:42am On Feb 02, 2006
An article from the web on this topic:
The hip-hop world is at war. Vicious rhymes are flying between 50 Cent and Ja Rule, both products of the mean streets of southeast Queens. Bullets are flying, too—50 was famously shot nine times—though no one can prove who’s shooting. All this violence has helped to sell records. But when is the price too high?
http://newyorkmetro.com/nymetro/news/features/n_9562/

The last five years have been the battle era of hip-hop. Of course beef has always beef has historically been a watermark of our music, but the last half decade has seen it go to new heights (or lows, depending on your frame of reference).
http://www.hiphop-blogs.com/hiphop/2004/12/the_battle_era_.html
Re: Hip-Hop Beefs: Real Stuff Or Commercial Gimmick? by spikelord(m): 8:32am On Feb 02, 2006
Those beef sh!ts can never go down. Ja and Fiddy's beef started because of the kind of jealous fellow we have in 50.
Re: Hip-Hop Beefs: Real Stuff Or Commercial Gimmick? by wills(m): 10:20am On Feb 02, 2006
NOW!!!, That’s what am Talking about, some real Topic…. Thank U Bigtee...

Hip-hop Biffs… is both a stunt to sale records and also real in some cases… (Pac and big).

Hip-hop , originated from the streets, and thus is based on street culture, In the early days what they had was street battle, rappers trying to diss (disrespect) each other and show who’s game was tight, but that’s just plain and simple battle.. it never got to the point of pulling out their nines!.

Eazy E and Dr Dre.. had their little thang back then, but that was just for record sales, even if it looked kinda real.

But then game, got tough…..Gangster rap, gangs (creeps and blood)… The scene changed people wanted to live their lyrics, so that others wont call them studios gangsters, and thus the stake got higher, cus if you say on your tracks, that you are a killer then you have to prove that its not bugs and little stuff you kill, you can leave somebody lying cold on the street walk .

The biff is real and if not checked, will be Hip-hop greatest challenge yet ever. They best way to take out any creature is to kill its ability to reproduce it self, and gangster rap and Hip hop beef helps the black communities in the inner cities to achieve this. Hip-hop has out lived all critics since its inception in the mid/late70s, and it’s grown like wild fire, world wide… form Africa to Asia and The EU nations, with different shades and style to suit local people.

I can’t say I know what took, the live of JMJ cry, of the legends RUNDMC, but if I am allowed to guess, I would say it’s the whole Hip-hop thang…

So Our concern should be, lets not copy the bad part of this culture, Hip-hop is a wonderful and undying Art form and I believe Nigeria is the Next stop after the US,
So Young Bloods, let our record industry, records executives and Artist especially Hip-hop artist, Live and learn. PEACE!
Re: Hip-Hop Beefs: Real Stuff Or Commercial Gimmick? by dude(m): 5:53pm On Feb 02, 2006
Artist are are fighting either over public money, copyrights infringement, or some socially mudane things.no doubt, beef between hip-hop artist is merely gimmicks to raise record sales. no one mentioned eminem and his "use to be" arc enemy Benzino. they reconciled after realising they were being used as camels while the record company sit back and made cool money off them. check the story out on

www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.2881

but i still cant find definition for naija's hip hop scenario. there own is on a whole different level
Re: Hip-Hop Beefs: Real Stuff Or Commercial Gimmick? by luridguy(m): 9:11am On Feb 03, 2006
i still wonder what biglo and 2short are fighting over it dont make sense to me

anyway 50 cent seems to always be fighting with someone and he just finished an abulm called "He aint rich he is still lieing" beefing game tongue after game realsed a track beefing gunit where he called them g-unut grin
Re: Hip-Hop Beefs: Real Stuff Or Commercial Gimmick? by dejiolowe: 10:09am On Feb 03, 2006
it is pure stunts. those guys just want to be in the news any how. but some really v some real beef like jayz and rkelly
Re: Hip-Hop Beefs: Real Stuff Or Commercial Gimmick? by dude(m): 1:48pm On Feb 03, 2006
yeah!! but i really think the artist most times are Just victims of the Record Company's stunts. i think and really believe the Labels have a way of Engineering these beefs without the Artist them selves knowing they are being Remote controlled to beef each other while the companies sit back to feed on the returns the beef will generate. and the amazing thing is that the beefs most times usually emerge from very very Lame issues, but end up flying. i think most of those artist need to be schooled a little. but what the Heck? it's always been their way. The other Name for Hip-Hop is Beef!!
Re: Hip-Hop Beefs: Real Stuff Or Commercial Gimmick? by wills(m): 1:56pm On Feb 03, 2006
dude:

yeah!! but i really think the artist most times are Just victims of the Record Company's stunts. i think and really believe the Labels have a way of Engineering these beefs without the Artist them selves knowing they are being Remote controlled to beef each other while the companies sit back to feed on the returns the beef will generate. and the amazing thing is that the beefs most times usually emerge from very very Lame issues, but end up flying. i think most of those artist need to be schooled a little. but what the Heck? it's always been their way. The other Name for Hip-Hop is Beef!!

Anit that something @ dude... These record company's act like the The chicken masters, (They place a bet, and then watch two Chickens fight to death), just to make money... some s**t
Re: Hip-Hop Beefs: Real Stuff Or Commercial Gimmick? by eveseh(f): 10:40pm On Apr 26, 2006
dude:

wink wink wink wink
Re: Hip-Hop Beefs: Real Stuff Or Commercial Gimmick? by auwal(m): 8:38pm On Apr 27, 2006
eminem's beef wit ja rule and benzino is real
have u guys listened to nail in the coffin at benzino
and hailies revenge at ja rule

(1) (Reply)

Any nigeria based Upcoming Musical Artistes In The House? / Help With These Native Songs / DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Humblesmith Ft. Olamide – Abakaliki 2 Lasgidi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.