Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,643 members, 7,878,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:32 AM

After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike (66626 Views)

After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? / I Never New After My Nysc I Can Make This Far With This Business / When You Took Loan From Lapo To Buy Bike(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by NYCnextStop(m): 10:52am On Aug 13, 2020
OkCornel:
Pursue a scholarship and leave the country.

See the bigger picture. Don’t give your best years to a country whose economy is horribly managed.

Further your studies on a scholarship outside the country. Nail down a decent job, earn some forex and then set up export oriented investments in Naija.

I’ll always say this, with the current arrangement of things in Naija, you only need to see 4 different faces serve two terms each as President (and governors at state level) and before you know it, 32 years of your life is gone. The picture below explains it better.

My two cents. Peace
Do you know the different scholarship opportunities right now one can apply for?
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Catchfirez: 10:55am On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

Thanks for your suggestion, but have weighed my options bro and I think it's little bit okay n I have equally prayed about it. It's just for a while let's say from now till December let me raise like 250k then I'll start up something come January

When you start, you won't stop. There is nothing like being your own boss, except you find something more better

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by ImaIma1(f): 10:55am On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:
Need Your Prayers On My New Adventure

Hello guys I don't want to bore you with a long epistle, I recently came back from service (nysc) and found my guys those that didn't even go to school buying lands n building for themselves structures especially the ones riding okada. Most of them do have savings of 10k weekly aside other expenses like feeding,rent etc despite having wife/girlfriends n children.

Though I learnt mason work before going to the university but mason work is seasonal especially during the raining season, have been at home for almost 3wiks doing nothing just spending the little savings I had from service.

With that been said I decided to get myself a bike with the remaining money I have pending on when things sterblize (federal/state job or when HV gathered enof Moni for business). If those with family can save 10k weekly, I think I can save 15k weekly since am single and still staying with my parents. I prayed to God for direction Sha but hope my decision isn't bad?

A lil prayer for me won't be bad

What were your plans when you went to the university? You studied a course for at least four years.

Was your plan to finish all that only to come be an okada rider? At least try to apply for jobs and improve your skills.

Your friend's destinies and choices are not yours. The fact that they are making it through okada riding doesn't mean that is the way you have to make it.

Think twice before you go into it because it shapes you from here on out...your mentality, your mindset, your ambition and expectations.

When you start riding, just have it at the back of your mind that it is what you might end up with. What skills will you develop riding okada that will be of help for you to secure a job later.

Please think of the future before making a decision. Stop letting friends' lifestyles entice you. Live your own life.

3 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Positiveme2020: 10:55am On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

Hello guys I don't want to bore you with a long epistle, I recently came back from service (nysc) and found my guys those that didn't even go to school buying lands n building for themselves structures especially the ones riding okada. Most of them do have savings of 10k weekly aside other expenses like feeding,rent etc despite having wife/girlfriends n children.

Though I learnt mason work before going to the university but mason work is seasonal especially during the raining season, have been at home for almost 3wiks doing nothing just spending the little savings I had from service.

With that been said I decided to get myself a bike with the remaining money I have pending on when things sterblize (federal/state job or when HV gathered enof Moni for business). If those with family can save 10k weekly, I think I can save 15k weekly since am single and still staying with my parents. I prayed to God for direction Sha but hope my decision isn't bad?

Buy your bike and start your hustle before you spend all your savings. Goodluck to you.

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:55am On Aug 13, 2020
Empresski:
God bless your hustle but don't be carried away with the daily income, save up money and invest in something tangible. Don't make it a long time thing cos of your health

Well said.

2 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by PotatoSalad(m): 10:55am On Aug 13, 2020
Motivational speaker. Someone is seeking for advice and you're looking for means to take the little he has. Lookatu

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by EgunMogaji2: 10:55am On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

I don’t believe this.

CNN says Nigerians are poor grin cheesy
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by lordess(m): 10:56am On Aug 13, 2020
GOD will bless the work of your hands

Create and Produce Value. Offer it to the right people.
Offer it to lots and lots of people.

Take a leap of faith and make the move.

Never start comparing yourself with/to others.

Do well to educate yourself on practical financial
management.

Read books on entrepreneurship, business, money,
finances.

Build mental capacity. Build performance capacity.

Nothing happens just like that.

Take massive actions. Take responsibility for your life.

Stay Blessed.

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by kingxsamz(m): 10:56am On Aug 13, 2020
seunmsg:
So what? There is no big deal about your friends buying land while you were doing your NYSC. Just get a good job and in less than two years, you will surpass all their achievements.

If you want to hustle until you land your dream job, please do. There is no crime in legit hustle. But please, don’t ever think that your education is a waste. Even if you decide to go into business, your education will stand you out and give you an edge.

Lol, just get a good job.
See how easy it was for you to say.

Where the jobs dey? Is it the one where they'll be paying you 30k monthly, or the one you need long leg(connection) to enter, or the one where you'll be owed salary?
Let's be honest here. There's nothing like good job for you if you don't know someone or if you aren't very smart, as far as Nigeria is concerned. The best thing is to acquire a skill or start a business. Good thing the internet exists, one can easily make money these days despite the situation of the country.
And it's not all about surpassing one's achievements, or feeling proud that you went to school, or being the richest amongst your mates. It's all about living comfortably and being able to afford whatever you want, without worrying where the next meal will come from.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Mekanus(m): 10:56am On Aug 13, 2020
bestboo001:
small small I don dey believe say this life no balance at all oo
You been no know say life no balance before?? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by jaxxy(m): 10:57am On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

No crime in doing a hussle bt make sure Ure seeking for a job the proper way and keep seeking for one whilst doing whatever it is u want to start for now. U may also want to learn sm lucrative skills too. U can also look for Smtn ure passionate about, smtn u can do for free, then convert it to a business if it’s of value. Cheers

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by OgogoroFreak(m): 10:58am On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

You are a man because you are bold enough to jump into the right track. That's Nigeria for you today. White collar jobs is gradually turning into slavery.

You are already on the success path. All you need now is serious savings to get there faster. Don't joke with savings bro.

2 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by NofiuFade(m): 11:05am On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

hope you are not in Lagos Sha because Lagos state govt/task force were seriously clamping down on bike riders, and consider the risk involve' can you try figure out other business??

Those friends of yours don hammer taytay from bike business, it's no more lucrative police and task force will just turn you to their normal ATM, or they will just seize the bike. They even go to an extend of arresting private bike riders...

Don't go that lane bro!

3 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Unklekelvin: 11:05am On Aug 13, 2020
Psalmistproject:
I'm a graduate for over 8yrs now and can't still get a good stable job.

What I've learnt recently is, the world is shifting to skills specialization or viable handwork.

This will sustain you at all times.

Only me HSE, PM, HR certifications still no job, managed hotels and schools still nothing to show.

Now the scary part, I just enrolled for a 1yr training in automobile mechanical Repairs.

Be wise o, time no dey.
The automobile mechanical repairs sound good.. Can I pm you to know more about this

2 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by kingxsamz(m): 11:05am On Aug 13, 2020
dannywest:

Most people that "hustle" make a lot of money for a few years & gas out,
They mostly end up as old semi broke landlords.

Lies!!!

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by bizzibodi(m): 11:05am On Aug 13, 2020
This school of a thing sometimes make us pompous to defend low,bros follow your heart,dnt spend your lives time looking for scarce job.

3 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by AgentGoat: 11:06am On Aug 13, 2020
Damnn niggarrr!!!
Issorite

I must commend your zeal to hustle.
You are a real niggarr. Get it up!

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Futurejoy(f): 11:07am On Aug 13, 2020
Kingluqman:
You may buy the Okada but please don’t be the one to ride it. Give it to someone, I think the weekly delivery money � s 10k/week depending on your location. Why not POS business after getting the okada.

I know how you feeling but my brother.. every body get en own time ooo. Ma wo ago alaago shishe ooo!!!
So that the person will be giving him stories that touches the heart every week

2 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Annychibest(f): 11:11am On Aug 13, 2020
It is well, las las

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Writercruze: 11:13am On Aug 13, 2020
My guy, I perfectly understand what you are going through, it can be frustrating. But you are a million times better than your guys who are buying lands and building houses through their every day Okada riding business.

You aren't alone on this, there are several other graduates out there who are facing the same problem. But it's not your fault. It's not your fault that after graduation you are contemplating on becoming an OKADA rider. It's our unrealistic and unorganized educational system I blame.

That's why you will see a graduate of Mechanical engineering who can't even open an engine or tight a bolt. Similarly, I have seen electrical engineering graduate who couldn't fix a ceiling fan. Some computer science graduates in Nigeria can't operate system very well.

So, it's a systemic issue.

But I advise you not to get an OKADA, trust me, it's not what you should be thinking right now.

Let me ask you a quick question; What did you study in school?

Why don't you learn skills like programming, computer engineering, software engineering, mobile engineering, content writing, graphic design etc.

With these skills, you can easily become a freelancer. Talking of freelancer, here's a resources on how to become a freelance ===> https://sidehustlepoint.com/how-to-become-a-freelancer/

If you need more guidance or assistance, drop a comment after reading the article on how to become a freelancer. I will genuinely teach you how you can earn enough to achieve all the things your friends have achieved within a year. And I will teach you FREE of CHARGE. But you must be willing to learn...

I know life after graduation is very tough. But be optimistic, nothing good comes easy. Las las God Nor go shame us ooo.

5 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Cradle007: 11:17am On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

First of all, don't be pushed by what your illiterate friends have acquired as you don't know the source of their income completely. Also focus on using your savings on something that will profit you well and not what will become a liability to you later on.

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by AntiWailer: 11:19am On Aug 13, 2020
Mchew ordinary land now ?
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by femi4: 11:20am On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

Run your race. Stop using your friends as yardstick, you can draw experience and motivation from them.

It took Burna boy about 6yrs to blow after introducing himself to the music scene.

Run your race bro

3 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Btruth: 11:21am On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

Thanks for your suggestion, but have weighed my options bro and I think it's little bit okay n I have equally prayed about it. It's just for a while let's say from now till December let me raise like 250k then I'll start up something come January
I like your courage. And the Lord will see you through all your endeavor in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by toprealman: 11:24am On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

Lol......so because it is mango season, cashew will now want to change to mango abi forgetting that for everything, there is a season......and the TIME and CHANCE factor too.
How possible is it that Usain Bolt will set several records by monitoring other people's progress without focusing on himself?
You need to recalibrate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

And what exactly do you want to start with 250k?
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by oladipuposadeeq(m): 11:25am On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

i like your optimism just thread on that path, it can only get better.

2 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by merits(m): 11:25am On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:

Blessings come from above not abroad,Bros never rush everybody has his or her own time to shine, yours is around the corner.

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 13, 2020
So it’s not an exaggeration when they say Some okada riders are graduates! Wow... This country can kill dreams!

2 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by OkCornel(m): 11:27am On Aug 13, 2020
Wonderboy1:

Scholarship as a relocation route is not easy to come by.... Covid damaged loads of things..

Schools preferred offering to their citizens

ALEX182:

Most countries are not accepting people at this time.

Hi guys, I hear you loud and clear. Very true, it's just a disruption in the scheme of things for now, and not that scholarship opportunities are permanently closed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by AntiWailer: 11:27am On Aug 13, 2020
Mcheww

Land.
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by AdeMoss: 11:27am On Aug 13, 2020
Follow your hustle. A friend just completed a 5-week new recruit training after Service. He was paid ₦800,000 by the company and this is not an Oil/Engineering company. Monthly salary is more than than and this is a 22 years old we are talking about.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others / 5 Under 30 Youngest Successful Nigerian Tech Entrepreneurs / Joseph Ebosa 'Young Don', Meet Delta State Young Multi Millionaire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.