Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,308 members, 7,940,239 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 08:23 PM

MORNING DEVOTION, Part 2 With Adinma Somadina - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / MORNING DEVOTION, Part 2 With Adinma Somadina (254 Views)

MORNING DEVOTION, Part 5, With Adinma Somadina / MORNING DEVOTION, Part 1 With Adinma Somadina / The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MORNING DEVOTION, Part 2 With Adinma Somadina by EPublishers: 5:46pm On Aug 12, 2020
‘I don’t know why you children of nowadays are very lazy towards studying. In my days, I read from morning till night, I burnt the midnight candle and used the sun as my lamp in the day.’ I teased my baby-sister.
‘Hmmmm, who is this one trying to deceive, you are using Daddy’s lines to come and worry me, abeg, abeg, you that almost had an F last semester.’
‘Shhhhh.’
‘Ehe, because the lecturer do you Pharaoh let my people go, Daddy hasn’t seen your result abi.’
‘Weaver-bird, he has, if you like keep sharping your mouth.’
‘Heeeh, so you are now tired of the topic, come and help me and read.’
I laughed and laughed to my fill, ‘I should help you and read, sister, answer your papa name.’
‘But we dey answer the same papa name na, oooooohm, I just wish I can burn these textbooks and drink the ashes.’
‘Hahahahahahahaha, you are really crazy, spoilt baby-sister, continue your reading and leave me out of it.’
We heard a knock at the gate, I jumped out of the girls’ room to get it. I knew who it might be. My elder sister, Atoo, was already there.
‘Yes, who are you looking for?’
I rushed in, ‘She is…she is looking for me. Sandra welcome.’ I opened the gate and ushered Sandra in, my sister had walked away, she had no time for anything in this world, still, I took Sandra to the kitchen for her to greet my sister properly after introducing her as my friend. She did and we headed for the boys’ room. My baby-sister, Behkeh, peeped through her ajar door and waved ‘hi’ to Sandra, showing too much burnt front teeth.
Well, Sandra was my girlfriend, maybe, maybe not. I have not concluded if she accepted me or not, somehow, she wanted to see me, she forsook the one lecture she had that day for me, it was my own lecture-free day. Girls were too difficult to be construed, in fact, I thought they just used me and dumped me about nine times before I met Sandra. I will buy lunch for them, do their assignments, even pamper them, I tried yet I got dumped. DUMPED! Sandra seemed cool but I should warn us, a woman’s heart is desperately wicked. Mean creatures, charming you with their eyes while wrecking your life. My brothers had left home for the day so we bounced in, I had tidied the room massively. Sandra sat down gently with one part of her buttocks like girls are wont to on their first visit to their boyfriends’ houses. She flashed her eyes around and smiled widely at me. The room was rich, four guys occupied it and she didn’t know. I have not really told her about my family. She thought it was solely my room, seeing how she admired it, seemed like I might lie to her. She was still sitting carefully like that when I sent Behkeh to go and buy juice and Short-bread biscuits. That was what she cared for. I also promised to make fried noodles for her and she laughed widely towards it.
‘So you can make fried indomie.’
‘Yes, I am a hero in the kitchen.’
‘Really? And you ain’t a chef yet, how can you be wasting talent.’
My eyes widened, she must not win. ‘Ehem, you see? That is why .... https://egbechopublishers..com/2020/08/morning-devotion-part-2-with-adinma.html

From your very own celebrities story plug-

(1) (Reply)

Spotlight: Ayomide D'great Set To Release His Long-awaited Virtual Poetry Series / Talented Romance Writers Get In Here!! / Let Me Write For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.