Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,835 members, 7,886,233 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 06:16 AM

Adamawa Reps Gives Empowerment To 800 Constituents - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Adamawa Reps Gives Empowerment To 800 Constituents (118 Views)

MOK Foundation Extends Empowerment To More Residents In Offa / Primate Ayodele Doles Out Cars, Tricycles, Cash, Other Items As Empowerment To M / Empowerment To Succeed - Yhuki Peters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Adamawa Reps Gives Empowerment To 800 Constituents by TGNEWS(m): 4:06pm On Aug 13, 2020
House of Representatives Lawmaker representing Mubi North, Mubi South and Maiha of Adamawa Federal constituency in the National Assembly, Honourable Ja'afar Magaji empowered not less than 8,000 persons with 40 motor vehicles, 250 sewing machines, 250 Grinding machines, 140 water pumps to boost irrigation farming and Car wash businesses.

The second phase empowerment program, Magaji also mentioned that 2,400 farmers benefited from the empowerment program with fertilizer sprayers and 12 carry Go Tricycles and 30 BAJAJ Motorcycles.

Magaji, while distributing the items in Mubi Wednesday said, the gesture was aimed at restoring means of livelihood of his people affected by Insurgency attack

According to him, 1000 selected women are to enjoy cash disbursement, in addition to 600 capacity ICT centers for training of 10,000 youths on periodic scale is to be built in Lamurde Mubi-South and Mayo-Nguli towns .

The APC party lawmaker has sponsored bills and moved motions such as on the urgent need for completion of the construction of Yola -Song -titled, Gombi-Mubi -Gulak 132KV D/C Transmission Line, one of the successful motion in the NASS and the project at the verge of completion.

“A bill for an act to establish federal medical centre in Mubi, has passed the second reading, as well an act to establish the college of Agriculture and animal husbandry to boost agriculture and livestock production in my zone was also sponsored.

“My office engaged 230 youths and women to serve as ‘Be My Eyes’ at their respective wards as SSA’s And SA’s were placed on monthly salaries for a stipulated period of time.

“I facilitated a modern and standard secondary school, through the UBEC, known as vocational school Boloko in Belel, and renovated GJSS Wuru-Harde in Digil, Kolwa primary school at Sorou, classrooms were built as well as 18 students benefited from a scholarship intervention to further their education in various institutions across the country.

“On portable drinking water for human, animal consumption, and irrigation purposes, I jointly with Sen. Isiyaku Abbo facilitated the construction of three dams from through the federal ministry of water resource, to ensure availability of water in Muchala, Kwaja and Manjekin villages and 29 powered Solar Boholes sunked and completed in these communities, while two others are currently under construction in Jamtari Maiha and Lamurde Mubi-South.

“240 youths and women through the SMEDAN last week were empowered and 11 youth have been employed in permanent jobs at various ministries and agencies of government such as FCDA, Universities, FIRS.”

The lawmaker lauded President Muhammadu Buhari, for setting up the Presidential Task Force committee on Covid-19 (PTF) under SGF Boss Mustafa, an indigene from the state which has taken series of proactive measures in addressing the pandemic.

He also urges youth to avail themselves to various empowerment programs of the federal government, particularly in areas of agriculture and SMSE as he reiterates quality representation at all times.

Jennifer Lokuwa and Musa Salihu, beneficiaries in their separate remarks promise to make good use of the items to mitigate their hardship.

Similar intervention gesture was organized by the lawmaker in February where many people were empowered.

(1) (Reply)

Finance And Banking World Conference / US Poll: I Could Only Lose To Bide And If The Election Is Rigged- Trump / Looking For Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.