Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,587 members, 7,975,311 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 09:35 PM

Should I Cut Contact With My Step Sister? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Cut Contact With My Step Sister? (4497 Views)

I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? / Unusual Behavior Between My Step Brother And My Wife / Should I Cut-off My Parents? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Cut Contact With My Step Sister? by femi4: 6:27am On Aug 14, 2020
Ginaz:
I have a step sister who happens to be my only sibling, who I have shown nothing but love since we were kids. She lives with our dad’s family but has gone to live on her own .

I remembered when we were kids , I would give her money to school, and whatever I have I would give. Shared my toiletries , clothes And would give her sisterly advise, never wanted her to feel down cos my dad never liked her . So whatever my dad gave me I would share with her .

There was an accident that happened and she said “I’m not her sister “. It hurt me so much cos I don’t have any siblings apart from her and thought she had my back .

I forgave her though .

Now the issue is , she had a child out of wedlock. When she put to birth I was supportive, I sent her money. She only Calls me when she needs something from me . If anything is going on she doesn’t confide in me, I am always the last to know .

She doesn’t make me feel like I am needed except when she wants money. Her boyfriend died, she didn’t even let me know, I heard from our grandma after 3months. embarassed

I’m so exhausted, I feel like cutting her off. I’m emotionally drained from her lack of concern towards me. Am I at fault for wanting her to include me in her life ? ?
Cut the ties. A step will always be a step especially if the link to the family is the father.

She does not hold you in high esteem

1 Like

Re: Should I Cut Contact With My Step Sister? by SirWhiteFish: 8:02am On Aug 14, 2020
Ginaz:

I’ve told her countless times but she laughs it off.

Well , I will mind my own business. Seems like I’m forcing her . If I had more siblings maybe I wouldn’t been this hurt .

why not tell her how you feel? She probably don't want to trouble you with some issues.
If she had told you that her boyfriend died, what I would you have done. Nonetheless,she is supposed to tell you things but not her entire affairs.
You can cut her off for the time being and observe tho
Re: Should I Cut Contact With My Step Sister? by SirWhiteFish: 8:03am On Aug 14, 2020
Ginaz:

Well , I will mind my own business. Seems like I’m forcing her . If I had more siblings maybe I wouldn’t been this hurt .

why not tell her how you feel? She probably don't want to trouble you with some issues.
If she had told you that her boyfriend died, what I would you have done. Nonetheless,she is supposed to tell you things but not her entire affairs.
You can cut her off for the time being and observe tho.
Re: Should I Cut Contact With My Step Sister? by Acidosis(m): 8:52am On Aug 14, 2020
Ginaz:

All I wanted is for her to feel loved. That I have her back no matter what. Well, I’ve tried my best and God knows I mean well . I’m older than her and I’m trying to be the best big sister anyone could ask for but she shuts me out . It hurts.

She doesn’t tell me anything going on in her life till I call. If I don’t call for months she won’t either . But when it comes to money she wakes me up with calls as early as 7.am.

Your efforts are commendable to be honest. But I feel your dad has done too much to her in the past. Staying too close to you and your father may be her way of getting over the past.
Re: Should I Cut Contact With My Step Sister? by SweetCuntess: 9:24am On Aug 14, 2020
Ginaz:

All I wanted is for her to feel loved. That I have her back no matter what. Well, I’ve tried my best and God knows I mean well . I’m older than her and I’m trying to be the best big sister anyone could ask for but she shuts me out . It hurts.

She doesn’t tell me anything going on in her life till I call. If I don’t call for months she won’t either . But when it comes to money she wakes me up with calls as early as 7.am.

Your type gets dealt with. It's a hard world. Forget her. I'm sure she won't think twice to maltreat u or kids. Baba no give am money again jor

1 Like

Re: Should I Cut Contact With My Step Sister? by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 14, 2020
So you think your step sister will love you like a sister would? Didn't you state she didn't live with your parents? She may have been jealous of the love and care you received all her life.
Leave her be. Don't expect her to confide in you or anything. If you want to give, give, don't loan. Be careful with her, let you your good heart not lead to your downfall.
Some friends are far better than siblings.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Cut Contact With My Step Sister? by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 14, 2020
Ginaz:

I don't understand how you feel since I've always been surrounded by siblings. But I'd tell you that even siblings, same father and mother can be cruel to their blood, how much more a step sister? You didn't live under the same roof, you lived with your parents, she lived with extended family. She may have grown to hate your mom and you by extension. You never can tell her true intentions towards you.
Leave her be!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Cut Contact With My Step Sister? by Ginaz(f): 10:55am On Aug 14, 2020
Chii59:

I don't understand how you feel since I've always been surrounded by siblings. But I'd tell you that even siblings, same father and mother can be cruel to their blood, how much more a step sister? You didn't live under the same roof, you lived with your parents, she lived with extended family. She may have grown to hate your mom and you by extension. You never can tell her true intentions towards you.
Leave her be!

She didn’t live with my mom . We share same father not mother . She stays with our dad in his town while I in my mom’s town . We stay wide apart not same place .

She just sees me as irrelevant I think.
Re: Should I Cut Contact With My Step Sister? by Ginaz(f): 11:01am On Aug 14, 2020
Acidosis:

Your efforts are commendable to be honest. But I feel your dad has done too much to her in the past. Staying too close to you and your father may be her way of getting over the past.

Our dad is hot tempered and has done things to me but I have forgiven him. Even that my sister has said some things to me too which I forgave .

She keeps malice which I’ve told her to change . If you tell her something, she would keep it in her mind for years to remember you what you said . Infact I can’t type all she has done as it would be too much . Our dad and her don’t agree at all and it’s not my fault .

I only see her when I goes to visit our dad in his town . That’s where she stays even though she live on her own now . She’s 22yrs old and she has made mistakes I’m trying my best to be there for her but the way she treats me like I’m nothing and all my efforts are in vain is very hurting .

I just wanted a sister bond cos when I see my friends and their siblings I get sad and feel this inner emotional pain.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Cut Contact With My Step Sister? by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 14, 2020
Ginaz:

She didn’t live with my mom . We share same father not mother . She stays with our dad in his town while I in my mom’s town . We stay wide apart not same place .

She just sees me as irrelevant I think.
She doesn't like you that much, if she does at all. See, I'm a lady but I'll say, it's preferable to have a step bro than step sis. Ladies hearts has too many layers.
Just give her space, don't pry, don't be bothered about the details of her life. I believe she's an adult. She can take care of herself. And try to limit the frequency and amount of money you send. I hope you don't feel responsible for her financially. Let it pass a message to her that you are giving her the space, both you and your purse.

1 Like

Re: Should I Cut Contact With My Step Sister? by Ginaz(f): 11:05am On Aug 14, 2020
Chii59:

She doesn't like you that much, if she does at all. See, I'm a lady but I'll say, it's preferable to have a step bro than step sis. Ladies hearts has too many layers.
Just give her space, don't pry, don't be bothered about the details of her life. I believe she's an adult. She can take care of herself. And try to limit the frequency and amount of money you send. I hope you don't feel responsible for her financially. Let it pass a message to her that you are giving her the space, both you and your purse.

Alright. Thanks dear. I’ve heard . At least I have a childhood friend that has been more than a sister to me .

1 Like

Re: Should I Cut Contact With My Step Sister? by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 14, 2020
Ginaz:

Alright. Thanks dear. I’ve heard . At least I have a childhood friend that has been more than a sister to me .
God always has a way of compensating one.
Sometimes we underestimate friends simply because there's no blood link, but some friends are worth more than 5 siblings rolled into one.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Cut Contact With My Step Sister? by archsaints8429(m): 11:10am On Aug 14, 2020
relationship is very important and no matter what anybody might have done to you, you have to forgive then and life is said to be about relationship, get theis amazing ebook that will exposed you to secret to build and revive your relationship.

see it below>>>>>>>>

How To Revive Your Dying Relationships With This Proven Techniques Guaranteed!!!

Spark The Flames Of Love All Over Again And Again With These Relationship Revival Tools

Fix Your Relationship Today!

“Discover How You Can Rekindle The Feelings Of Love And Live Life Like It Used To Be Back Then!”
These Hidden Techniques Will Teach You How To Spice Things Up Again And Get Her/Him Back To You!
From The Desktop of Omotunde samuel

RE: Rekindling The Magic

Dear Friend,

Do you yearn for that old feeling again? Do you want things to return back to like it was last time?

Let’s face it, almost everyone in the world is going to say that it is impossible.

But if you learn and apply certain techniques to patch things up, even impossible tasks become easy.

Here’s the fact:

If you don’t tap into these tools for mending relationships, you'll live a life of regret forever!

Ask yourself, have you ever faced any of these problems in your life?

-Feeling totally helpless when it comes to lost love?
-Things never work out the way you want...
-You've been heart broken one too many times...
-You are totally clueless when it comes to mending old and existing relationships?

Well, you are not alone. I’ve once walked down this lost path and I told myself that I would do whatever it takes to figure out the key to fixing things.

And after years of research, I’ve finally come up with the ultimate solution.

Introducing…
Revive Your Relationships

Spark The Flames Of Love All Over With These Relationship Revival Tools
Here’s an overview of this relationship mending guide:

-With these tools, you’ll be able to rekindle the old feelings of love.

-You'll learn the secrets of getting him/her back into your arms again.

-You'll also tap into the secrets of strengthening your soul to face the hardships of relationships.

Let me shed some light on some things that may be on your mind:

Will this help me get results fast?

Short answer: Absolutely! This manual is all about helping you effectively progress fast using tested and proven techniques!

Will I be able to implement these strategies easily?

Most definitely! The steps to these proven goal setting strategies have been mapped out clearly in this guide so that anyone – whether a novice or beginner can start using and achieving results fast!

Wow, this is too good to be true! Will this cost me a bomb?

Here’s the good news, NO.I want everybody to be able to have access to these great relationship mending tools because I knew what it was like struggling as a heart broken person, struggling to get my lover back.

If you’re still sitting on the fence, here’s 5 great reasons to invest in Revive Your Relationships

You’ll never have that feeling of loneliness ever again.
These secret techniques for mending relationships are only known by a select few top relationship gurus.
Thousands of hours are wasted just because people fail to utilize the power of these tools to jump start their progresss. Isn't it time you changed things?
Your friends will be begging you to tell them your secrets to success!
With your new found love, you'll feel empowered to face life once again!
So how much will this cost you?

REAL WORLD VALUE = N10,000

But hey, like I said. I want EVERYBODY to be able to afford this amazing lover's manual.

So, I’ve decided to lower the costs of this product.

Hence, your total investment in Revive Your Relationshipsis:

Not even N5,000
but the fast 20 action taker will only pay just

N3,000 Only

After the 20 people is reach, i will increase the price to 10,000 flat and wont accept begging. take action now when you can get if now at discounted price.

(This is a digital download. You will instantly be directed to the download page upon purchase)

Best Wishes,

Omotunde Samuel

To get yours today, click on the link below to place order now
hppts:///09047236467

P.S. Hurry! This Offer is only up for the next 50 fast action takers! We don’t want you to miss out on this amazing opportunity!

P.P.S Remember, It’s not how much you stand to gain, but how much you stand to lose out by not taking action.

P.P.P.S If you’re sick of others telling you that you can’t succeed in your love life, It’s high time you showed them whose boss!

Re: Should I Cut Contact With My Step Sister? by PeacenLove2: 3:28pm On Aug 14, 2020
Ginaz:

Some people have that irritating behaviour of acting obtuse to how their choices make other people feel. Roles reversed, they wouldn't entertain that. Personally, I refuse to play along as I find it inexcusable.

If you have told her how you feel several times and all she can do is laugh, then you might want to stop being available everytime she comes crawling back. Obviously it's taking a toll on you, no one likes to feel used. I am a blunt person by nature, I would tell it to your face clearly so there are no misunderstanding that, Riskat, you only remember that you have a sister when you need something. I have been nothing but good to you except maybe I did something to you that is unforgiveable. If I have, please tell me today so I know how to make amends but if there is nothing and you still treat me like some frenemy, it's better for you to maintain your lane and I maintain mine. God will look after all of us and I wish you well." Simple.
Re: Should I Cut Contact With My Step Sister? by Nobody: 2:45am On Aug 15, 2020
Talk a lil more
Love a little more
Give a little more
Expect nothing, no change at all why praying she actually does change
Zero expectations from her
Get you a friend, a confidant, Holy Spirit +...
You've got a good heart, don't let it go...
Re: Should I Cut Contact With My Step Sister? by I888(m): 2:08am On Aug 19, 2020
Ginaz:

You cant force someone to love you if they dont want to love you. You cant force someone to like you, if they dont want to like you. You cant force someone to be close to you if they dont want to be close to you.

I am surprise this hurts you. You have done your best. Leave her alone. Remember you came into this world alone, you will leave alone eventually.

It is not that she hates you but you didnt grow up together and that bond isnt there. You cant force it, you cant buy it, Just live your life and be happy. Your happiness comes first.

1 Like

Re: Should I Cut Contact With My Step Sister? by Ginaz(f): 8:53pm On Aug 19, 2020
I888:
You cant force someone to love you if they dont want to love you. You cant force someone to like you, if they dont want to like you. You cant force someone to be close to you if they dont want to be close to you.

I am surprise this hurts you. You have done your best. Leave her alone. Remember you came into this world alone, you will leave alone eventually.

It is not that she hates you but you didnt grow up together and that bond isnt there. You cant force it, you cant buy it, Just live your life and be happy. Your happiness comes first.

It hurts me , this is my only blood sibling, I wouldn’t have cared much if it wasn’t so. Well thanks for your encouraging words.

1 Like

Re: Should I Cut Contact With My Step Sister? by I888(m): 9:03pm On Aug 19, 2020
Ginaz:

It hurts me , this is my only blood sibling, I wouldn’t have cared much if it wasn’t so. Well thanks for your encouraging words.
Alright. I understand how you feel but these things happen. My half brother is a medical doctor in the U.S. he grew up there and no matter what we did to draw close to him, he never reciprocated. The reason is simple: We didn't grow up with him and we are more or less like aliens to him; no bond and nothing. This we tried for more than 6 years until we gave up and let him be.
Re: Should I Cut Contact With My Step Sister? by kenwills(m): 9:14pm On Aug 19, 2020
Ginaz:

Trust me I know how it feels when you truely desire to be united with your sibling but she acts indifferent and unconcerned.

I am currently experiencing the same thing with my elder sister. I tried calling her to order and making her see reasons that we're one family and not enemies but she got angry the more so I kept my distance.

Do not cut her off just let her be and give her the space she craves for. As time goes on you'll discover a friend that sticks closer than a sibling so move on.
Re: Should I Cut Contact With My Step Sister? by Ginaz(f): 9:26pm On Aug 19, 2020
kenwills:

Trust me I know how it feels when you truely desire to be united with your sibling but she acts indifferent and unconcerned.

I am currently experiencing the same thing with my elder sister. I tried calling her to order and making her see reasons that we're one family and not enemies but she got angry the more so I kept my distance.

Do not cut her off just let her be and give her the space she craves for. As time goes on you'll discover a friend that sticks closer than a sibling so move on.

I’ve already let her be. All the stuffs I was planning to get her December by God’s grace would give someone else . I won’t even call her to let her know I’ve arrived my dad’s town . The grandkids all meet at my grandparents house yearly cos they are old and lonely so we spend time with them . I don’t want to hear a word about her anymore, nor would I make her life my priority or ask her what’s going on in her life.
Re: Should I Cut Contact With My Step Sister? by Ginaz(f): 9:28pm On Aug 19, 2020
I888:
Alright. I understand how you feel but these things happen. My half brother is a medical doctor in the U.S. he grew up there and no matter what we did to draw close to him, he never reciprocated. The reason is simple: We didn't grow up with him and we are more or less like aliens to him; no bond and nothing. This we tried for more than 6 years until we gave up and let him be.

Sorry dear . I and my sister we are close in a way though . Or perhaps I thought wrong . sad

1 Like

Re: Should I Cut Contact With My Step Sister? by I888(m): 9:52pm On Aug 19, 2020
Ginaz:

Sorry dear . I and my sister we are close in a way though . Or perhaps I thought wrong . sad
Yeah, you thought wrong. Perhaps, her mother told her something that you may not be aware of. while growing up, was there any time you spent at least some years together in same house?
Re: Should I Cut Contact With My Step Sister? by Ginaz(f): 10:44pm On Aug 19, 2020
I888:
Yeah, you thought wrong. Perhaps, her mother told her something that you may not be aware of. while growing up, was there any time you spent at least some years together in same house?

We have spent 5months with each other in the same house and kept in touch yearly while we were kids at my grandparents house. Ate from the same bowl every night. So it’s not like I am starting a bond with her all of a suddenly. We had a family foundation.

1 Like

Re: Should I Cut Contact With My Step Sister? by I888(m): 12:58am On Aug 20, 2020
Ginaz:

We have spent 5months with each other in the same house and kept in touch yearly while we were kids at my grandparents house. Ate from the same bowl every night. So it’s not like I am starting a bond with her all of a suddenly. We had a family foundation.
I see. But 5 months is kinda short but that notwithstand, it is still a permissible timeframe to build some relatively moderate relationship.

I was expecting to see something like 1 year, though.

Anyway, she may come around. You have tried. Just focus on yourself, build your dreams and goals.

I hope and pray she understand that you mean well for her. The thing is most people rarely see when we are genuinely concerned about them or they don't value those gestures, no matter how humanly geniune, they don't see it. That is why it is best you let her be.

I cant tell you to stop allowing her use you as an ATM options like one who only remembers your existence when she needs money cos you are trying to be a big sister which is good but at the same time, that is not a good sign IMO cos she wont stop doing that as long as you keep allowing her.

Anyway, I need to hug my pillows now. It is 12:57 a.m. Goodnight/goog morning
Re: Should I Cut Contact With My Step Sister? by Rawhumper(m): 10:02pm On Sep 02, 2020
Am sincerely interested in knowing how far you have gone with your sister.

I could remember whete u said she joined bad friends as a teenager and now she has a child.

Never you leave her, but dont try to suffocate her as you try to be part of her life.

Well i pray and hope you guys have recovered.

Hope to hear from you.

Ginaz:
I have a step sister who happens to be my only sibling, who I have shown nothing but love since we were kids. She lives with our dad’s family but has gone to live on her own .

I remembered when we were kids , I would give her money to school, and whatever I have I would give. Shared my toiletries , clothes And would give her sisterly advise, never wanted her to feel down cos my dad never liked her . So whatever my dad gave me I would share with her .

There was an accident that happened and she said “I’m not her sister “. It hurt me so much cos I don’t have any siblings apart from her and thought she had my back .

I forgave her though .

Now the issue is , she had a child out of wedlock. When she put to birth I was supportive, I sent her money. She only Calls me when she needs something from me . If anything is going on she doesn’t confide in me, I am always the last to know .

She doesn’t make me feel like I am needed except when she wants money. Her boyfriend died, she didn’t even let me know, I heard from our grandma after 3months. embarassed

I’m so exhausted, I feel like cutting her off. I’m emotionally drained from her lack of concern towards me. Am I at fault for wanting her to include me in her life ? ?
Re: Should I Cut Contact With My Step Sister? by PROPHETmichael: 10:35am On Sep 15, 2020
Ginaz:

I forgave her though .

In the journey of life and in destiny, you forgive weakness and cut off wickedness. Your step sister is wicked and will do you one if she gets the chance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don't let this happen to your child! (Pics) / Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. / What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.