Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,798 members, 7,972,854 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 08:21 PM

What Is The Purpose Of Life? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Purpose Of Life? (857 Views)

The Duration Of Courtship And Purpose Of Courtship In Christian Marriage. / Mazaje, State The Purpose Of Your Life! / The Purpose of Life (why were we created?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Purpose Of Life? by rover321: 7:41am On Feb 15, 2011
source: http://www.myweku.com/2011/02/what-is-the-purpose-of-life/

At this moment, the stencil of life as we go about it today has succeeded, to a large extent, to blur the general framework under which we can all find the purpose of life. In a sense many of us are resilient enough to endure a pitch black midnight in the pursuit of our dreams, knowing that morning will come. However, we waken into a blurry morning whose dense fog cloaks our determination even further.

When we are in the midst of this misty morning we lose sight of this ultimate question whose answer inspired men and women alike to do extraordinary things. What is the purpose of life?

I would like to pen a fragment of enlightened that I have acquired some time ago. Let me begin by sharing the source of this enlightenment.

A wise man asked me a question one afternoon. ”How does a baby know when to laugh and when to cry?” I could not help by conclude to myself that there is something about the baby that seems to be older than the baby itself. It seems that our individual viscosity drains into a single pot of destiny that cooks towards a greater harmony.

As I continued to interrogate the question I stumbled upon another realization. When somebody dies we speak of that person’s body; implicitly implying that that person is not his body. This means that there is something magnificently great about all of us than the bodies we rent from the landlord of death. Therefore it is something of an insult to the Creator to limit our aspiration of life within the perishable confines of our physical lives.

What is the purpose of life?

When our ultimate purpose of life stretches well beyond the borders of THIS LIFE we quickly see that this life is nothing but a tailor made arena to prepare us for something more. This is an important fact because too many of us have lost our claustrophobia and, in a sense, have accepted to live within a shoe box reality whose rules are defined by a constitution or judicial framework that was written over a cup of coffee by men who also seek enlightenment.

I would like to draw to a conclusion now, but before I do that I like to stop by the apex of Giza and watch the Egyptians stand on the landscape of their future to plant with their own hands, the trees whose shade will be enjoyed by their children. In their numbers they have proven once again that their pyramids are not a miracle but rather a sign of unshakable determination that can only be fathomed by people that have discovered the purpose of life!

I imagine if I were to ask an Egyptian this question. What is the purpose of life? He would chant with a government shattering voice, the true purpose of life is to find freedom! Once we discover freedom quickly find that the ultimate purpose of life is to Love. Indeed it was that Love that brought down the hand of God to tilt the bodies of Christians to shield their Muslim friends from gallons of water as they practiced their faith.

The complex nature of life can only be simplified by Love, because with Love there is no wrong or right, but there is what there should be. In Love there are no superior and inferior people, but there are people whose contributions are equally important for the advancement of all men.

Let me conclude by submitting that finding Love is the answer.

When we love, we cannot be fathomed by hate. When we love, we cannot be beaten by poverty. When we love, we will find it easy to acquire knowledge. When we love, leaders will be able to humble themselves knowing that they must also be led. When we love no child shall be an orphan because all children will be our children. When we love, medicine will be more effective because the seed of well being grows in the fertile soil of love. When we love, our jobs will transform into fulfilling careers and our economies will sprout in a way that this world has never seen before. When we love we will recycle “the-art-of-war” and produce the “the-art-of-peace”.

When we love we will have the right to call ourselves Africans once again.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Life? by fstranger3(m): 8:00am On Feb 15, 2011
To Kpansh each other till eternity
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Life? by benodic: 9:48am On Feb 15, 2011
@ rover321

wonderful post. i salute you.

but unfortunately far from reality. the ideals of love has been destroyed by religious bigotry and the gospel of my God is bigger that your God and the doctrine of God has sent me to kill all unbelievers and infidels.

but there is still hope for humanity. as one candle is lighted in the middle of the gloom it will gradually spread its light and light up other candles until the darkness of ignorance, hatred, envy, bitterness and divisions are gradually swept away from from our reality.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Life? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:53pm On Feb 15, 2011
@OP. the truth is, we all claim to know to some degree (some claim to know with certainty) why we are here and what we are here to do and where we are headed. The truth is, No one knows, not even the anointed Men of God or Scientists at NASA or You nor Me, that we can always say we know for sure when we don't. it is a good exercise though. wink
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Life? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 15, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

@OP. the truth is, we all claim to know to some degree (some claim to know with certainty) why we are here and what we are here to do and where we are headed. The truth is,  No one knows, not even the anointed Men of God or Scientists at NASA or You nor Me, that we can always say we know for sure when we don't. it is a good exercise though.  wink

No, somebody knows. Olaadegbu said it's because of his God. Who are you to doubt that, when it says so in the bible.angry

I agree with your post though.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Life? by Nobody: 12:26am On Feb 16, 2011
Near Death Experiencers - those who have been to the other side and back - will tell you we are here to Love.

To, figuratively, bring heaven to earth.

In the REAL WORLD, ie the 'spirit world' or 'heaven', where we came from, Love is like the air we breathe on earth. There is no animosity, no hatred, no envy, no want, no poverty among the billions of souls emanating from the Source of all Life we call God.

As immortal souls experiencing a brief life as 'humans', we are here to bring the Love of heaven to earth.

Any act, philosophy, social order, personal thought, or religion, that deviates from that path is contrary to existence and invariably brings chaos, grief, disorder and turmoil.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Life? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:05pm On Feb 16, 2011
Yep!
ROSSIKE:

Near Death Experiencers - those who have been to the other side and back - will tell you we are here to Love.

To, figuratively, bring heaven to earth.

In the REAL WORLD, ie the 'spirit world' or 'heaven', where we came from, Love is like the air we breathe on earth. There is no animosity, no hatred, no envy, no want, no poverty among the billions of souls emanating from the Source of all Life we call God.

As immortal souls experiencing a brief life as 'humans', we are here to bring the Love of heaven to earth.

Any act, philosophy, social order, personal thought, or religion, that deviates from that path is contrary to existence and invariably brings chaos, grief, disorder and turmoil.

Re: What Is The Purpose Of Life? by manmustwac(m): 7:38am On Feb 17, 2011
Firstly, the purpose of life is to survive because if we don't survive we die and if we die we won't have a life and the main way to survive is to eat food hence my username man must wack

Secondly if we do manage to survive our next main purpose of surviving is to pass our genes to our next generation which is the main purpose of the male and female sex organs because the only way the cycle of life continues is if we can pass on our genes is by making babies. If our ancestors didn't do the same (regardless of their belief system) we wouldn't be here making comments on nairaland.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Life? by mabell: 10:05am On Feb 17, 2011
@manmustwac,
in essence the reason we are here is to eat and make babies?!? shocked
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Life? by manmustwac(m): 11:27am On Feb 17, 2011
mabell:

@manmustwac,
in essence the reason we are here is to eat and make babies?!? shocked
Of course it is.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Life? by 10cirenoh: 11:37am On Feb 17, 2011
So we only came here to eat and make babies? make babies for who? eat for who? undecided
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Life? by manmustwac(m): 4:02pm On Feb 17, 2011
10cirenoh:

So we only came here to eat and make babies? make babies for who? eat for who? undecided
when people decide to get married or live together as a couple do they make babies for themselves or do they make babies for other people?

10cirenoh:

eat for who? undecided
Don't you think your quesstion is silly? Can you eat food for anybody else other than yourself? Is it possible for you to eat for a hungry man? Is only pregnent women who can eat for someone else.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Life? by Jenwitemi(m): 4:13pm On Feb 17, 2011
The purpose of life is to learn and evolve. This life is an institution and we are all in classes, and the classes are still in session.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Life? by Jenwitemi(m): 4:19pm On Feb 17, 2011
Excellent article, btw. smiley
rover321:

source: http://www.myweku.com/2011/02/what-is-the-purpose-of-life/

At this moment, the stencil of life as we go about it today has succeeded, to a large extent, to blur the general framework under which we can all find the purpose of life. In a sense many of us are resilient enough to endure a pitch black midnight in the pursuit of our dreams, knowing that morning will come. However, we waken into a blurry morning whose dense fog cloaks our determination even further.

When we are in the midst of this misty morning we lose sight of this ultimate question whose answer inspired men and women alike to do extraordinary things. What is the purpose of life?

I would like to pen a fragment of enlightened that I have acquired some time ago. Let me begin by sharing the source of this enlightenment.

A wise man asked me a question one afternoon. ”How does a baby know when to laugh and when to cry?” I could not help by conclude to myself that there is something about the baby that seems to be older than the baby itself. It seems that our individual viscosity drains into a single pot of destiny that cooks towards a greater harmony.

As I continued to interrogate the question I stumbled upon another realization. When somebody dies we speak of that person’s body; implicitly implying that that person is not his body. This means that there is something magnificently great about all of us than the bodies we rent from the landlord of death. Therefore it is something of an insult to the Creator to limit our aspiration of life within the perishable confines of our physical lives.

When our ultimate purpose of life stretches well beyond the borders of THIS LIFE we quickly see that this life is nothing but a tailor made arena to prepare us for something more. This is an important fact because too many of us have lost our claustrophobia and, in a sense, have accepted to live within a shoe box reality whose rules are defined by a constitution or judicial framework that was written over a cup of coffee by men who also seek enlightenment.

I would like to draw to a conclusion now, but before I do that I like to stop by the apex of Giza and watch the Egyptians stand on the landscape of their future to plant with their own hands, the trees whose shade will be enjoyed by their children. In their numbers they have proven once again that their pyramids are not a miracle but rather a sign of unshakable determination that can only be fathomed by people that have discovered the purpose of life!

I imagine if I were to ask an Egyptian this question. What is the purpose of life? He would chant with a government shattering voice, the true purpose of life is to find freedom! Once we discover freedom quickly find that the ultimate purpose of life is to Love. Indeed it was that Love that brought down the hand of God to tilt the bodies of Christians to shield their Muslim friends from gallons of water as they practiced their faith.

The complex nature of life can only be simplified by Love, because with Love there is no wrong or right, but there is what there should be. In Love there are no superior and inferior people, but there are people whose contributions are equally important for the advancement of all men.

Let me conclude by submitting that finding Love is the answer.

When we love, we cannot be fathomed by hate. When we love, we cannot be beaten by poverty. When we love, we will find it easy to acquire knowledge. When we love, leaders will be able to humble themselves knowing that they must also be led. When we love no child shall be an orphan because all children will be our children. When we love, medicine will be more effective because the seed of well being grows in the fertile soil of love. When we love, our jobs will transform into fulfilling careers and our economies will sprout in a way that this world has never seen before. When we love we will recycle “the-art-of-war” and produce the “the-art-of-peace”.

When we love we will have the right to call ourselves Africans once again.

Re: What Is The Purpose Of Life? by Nobody: 2:21am On Feb 18, 2011
jenwitemi said:

The purpose of life is to learn and evolve. This life is an institution and we are all in classes, and the classes are still in session.

This guy, you must have been to the Other Side and back.  cool

What you wrote is VERY accurate.

It is said that in the 'spirit world', this life is a virtual reality holodeck which some students in a classroom decide to take as part of the lesson.

They could live a full life of 80 years as 'humans' on earth and emerge from the holodeck in what is the equivalent of 5 minutes THEIR TIME, to continue with their classes.

Time is greatly accelerated in that dimension of existence.

I have actually had a vivid dream in which I found myself sitting at the back of the class there observing a lesson in progress.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Life? by manmustwac(m): 1:13pm On Feb 18, 2011
ROSSIKE:

jenwitemi said:

This guy, you must have been to the Other Side and back.  cool

What you wrote is VERY accurate.

It is said that in the 'spirit world', this life is a virtual reality holodeck which some students in a classroom decide to take as part of the lesson.

They could live a full life of 80 years as 'humans' on earth and emerge from the holodeck in what is the equivalent of 5 minutes THEIR TIME, to continue with their classes.

Time is greatly accelerated in that dimension of existence.

I have actually had a vivid dream in which I found myself sitting at the back of the class there observing a lesson in progress.

So believe in the spirit world. Is there any difference between someone who believes in the spirit world or the heaven world and the hell world?
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Life? by abdulg: 6:13pm On Feb 18, 2011
THE PURPOSE OF CREATION

Though different people, on account of their shortsightedness or lack of courage, appoint various types of objectives for their lives and stop short at worldly purposes and desires, yet the purpose that God Almighty has specified in His Holy Word is: I have created jinn and men so that they should worship me (51: 57) . According to this verse the true purpose of human life is the worship and understanding of God Almighty and devotion to Him. It is obvious that it is not open to man that he should himself appoint the purpose of his life by his own authority inasmuch as man does not arrive in the world of his own will, nor will he depart from this world of his own will. He is a created being and He Who created him and bestowed upon him better and higher faculties than those bestowed upon other animates, has appointed a purpose for his life. Whether anyone comprehends that purpose or not, without doubt the purpose of man's creation is the worship and understanding of God Almighty and to lose himself in Him (Islami Usul ki Philosophy; Now printed in Ruhani Khazain (London, 1984), Vol. 10, p. 100).

We offered the Trust to the heavens and the earth and the mountains, but they refused to undertake it and were afraid of it. But man undertook it. Indeed he is capable of forcing himself to obey, disregardful of consequences (33: 73). This means that the Divine Trust, by which are meant the love of God and complete obedience to Him, was offered to the angels and the whole of creation and the mountains, all apparently full of strength, but they all refused to undertake it, being afraid of its grandeur. But man undertook it for he possessed two qualities, that he could force himself in the cause of God Almighty and could advance so far in love of Him as to forget altogether everything else .

The real purpose of all the external and internal limbs and faculties that have been bestowed on man is understanding and worship and love of God. That is why, despite a thousand occupations, man does not find his true well being except in God Almighty. Having acquired great wealth, or achieved high office, or having become a great merchant, or having acquired governing authority, or become a great philosopher, he departs in the end from these worldly involvements with a sense of frustration. His heart rebukes him all the time about his deep concern with the world and his conscience never approves his wiles and deceits and wrongful actions. This problem can be appreciated in another way. The purpose of the creation of a thing is determined by its highest achievement beyond which its faculties cannot rise. For instance, the highest a bullock is capable of is ploughing, or irrigation, or transportation, and therefore these are the purpose of its life and it cannot rise above them. But when we take stock of man's faculties and powers to discover his highest capacity, we find that he is invested with the faculty of seeking after God so much so that he desires that he should become so devoted to God's love that he should have nothing of his own and that everything should become God's. He shares his natural needs like food and drink and rest with other animates, and in industry some animals are ahead of him; for instance, the bees produce such excellent honey from every type of flower that man has so far not been able to compete with them. It is clear, therefore, that the highest capacity of man is meeting with God Almighty and thus the true purpose of his life is that the window of his heart should open towards God.

(1) (Reply)

Atheists Best Informed About Religion! / In Love With Someone Who Hae Not Approach U For Marriage, Plx Help Me Out / If U Are Observant.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.