Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,899 members, 7,918,925 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 05:37 PM

Siasia Threatens To Quit. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Threatens To Quit. (4144 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / FG Threatens To Stop Oliseh’s Unveiling On Wednesday / Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siasia Threatens To Quit. by Highvotage: 2:24pm On Feb 15, 2011
SUPER EAGLES head coach Samson Siasia has threatened to resign if the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) decides to take the next African Nations Cup qualifying match against Ethiopia to Kaduna. According to the former international, Kaduna has never been in his programme and nobody had ever discussed that with him.

"No one can push me around on that, it is either Abuja or nothing else," Siasia stressed.

The coach noted that the chairman of the technical committee of NFF, Christopher Green should have consulted with him before making such pronouncement.

"I have never seen the Ahmadu Bello stadium before and would never take my team to play there," SiaOne thundered. On the Green Bowl Invitational Tournament in the United States, the China Olympics silver winning coach said while they await the issuance of visas to the team, the organisers have decided to make it a four-nation tournament of Nigeria, Mexico, Kenya and Panama. The tournament will now begin on February 26th.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/football-golf-boxing/27975.html

Until public officials are ready to discharge their duty without fear or favour, Nigeria will continue to crawl and go no where. The era of impunity should not be allowed to continue.
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by montelik(m): 8:58am On Feb 16, 2011
What took so long. I have been expecting this treat since he took d job.
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by otokx(m): 2:14pm On Feb 16, 2011
SIASIA should learn to say things without threatening.
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 16, 2011
otokx:

It may be the only language that they (NFF) understand. smiley
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by Ihengote: 2:51pm On Feb 16, 2011
they should live siasia alone,
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by damola1: 3:02pm On Feb 16, 2011
Is someone making more money by taking it to kaduna,
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by Ibime(m): 3:05pm On Feb 16, 2011
SiaSia sef. Stronghead no be everytime o!
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by edey2real: 3:13pm On Feb 16, 2011
damola1:

trust them now or someone may be aspiring for a post like they did during the qualifier for world cup against Angola.
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by edey2real: 3:17pm On Feb 16, 2011
damola1:

Trust them now or someone may be aspiring for a post like they did during the qualifier for world cup against Angola.
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by dbigrod(m): 3:21pm On Feb 16, 2011
siasia feeling like jose mourinho
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by OWOLAYEMO: 3:40pm On Feb 16, 2011
@ Bigrod siasia feeling like jose mourinho

He is ! Damm good at doing his stuffs!
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by tyson55(m): 3:48pm On Feb 16, 2011
Siasia is right to hold his ground, if not those NFF official will just be pushing him here and there. Somebody want to make money by wanting to take the match to Kaduna. Crooks in glass house. Smh! This NFF people never ceases to amaze me.
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by amumex: 4:43pm On Feb 16, 2011
What do you expect from NFF officials most of them do not do their administrative work instead they want to do another persons own.it is very bad.Super eagles can play in any part of this country, Siasia anger is that he was not consulted before the pronoucement so for this he should not accept it from NFF. He should be allowed to choose any stadia of his choice.

It high time those in the glass house allow the coach to work for a collective result, not for personnel benefit.
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by alldone(m): 5:38pm On Feb 16, 2011
he is trying to tell them that he can quit. others beg for the job and kudos to him it is not biz as usual for NFF.
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 16, 2011
when will we go egypt style on the useless NFF
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by ofala(m): 6:29pm On Feb 16, 2011
One thing some people that are currently criticizing Coach Siasia should know is that if Super Eagles fail, he is the ONE that will take majority of the blames so it is better he is given every needed support INCLUDING CHOICE OF VENUES,
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by ofala(m): 6:39pm On Feb 16, 2011
milehigh06:

when will we go egypt style on the useless NFF

SECONDED! The sooner, the best for Nigerian football. Enough of these hangers-on,
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by ikennahill: 7:10pm On Feb 16, 2011
they will take him where he will loose and blame him.

The man know why he is shouting.it happened to xtain chukwu
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by andyanders: 8:07pm On Feb 16, 2011
USELESS NFA. MUST WE STILL HAVE THESE OLD ID-IOTS CALLED NFA? ABUJA OR NOTHING. SIA ONE, STICK TO YOUR POINT. USLESS OLD FOLKS
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by 12large1: 8:45pm On Feb 16, 2011
what have they done now abeg who arranges where england and brazil should play their friendlies fa, sometimes their fa even takes the match to qater. what they has given siasia no homebase coach has ever ever ever ever gotten it good like dat u can't keep saying ur quiting because of any disagreement
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by niyimat(m): 10:25pm On Feb 16, 2011
I think NFF' objective is never to repeat a fucking mistake they have been making all years, thats why they hired siasia in the first instance. Then i will ask which one is all this doing another man's job when you've not achieve any of the objective for which he was hired? Then, they nff should tell the nation that they can play a duo role, a manager and a couch.
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by mensdept: 1:24am On Feb 17, 2011
Well while the world is changing and people are fighting for their rights, Naija leaders still think the people are all complacent and daf

Usually a coach of a national team would pick players and a VENUE suitable for himself, that is, one that favors his team. Look at Bolivia, Mexico, and U.S. Those teams have stadia all over their countries, but for certain matches they choose altitude, pitch, crowd, or a region that suits the team. Not like Naija where one Hausaman wants to bring a important match to Kano or Kaduna. I mean, 4 what?
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by mamagee3(f): 1:31am On Feb 17, 2011
d bigrod:

siasia feeling like jose mourinho
grin grin grin
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by 1025: 1:57am On Feb 17, 2011
what have they done now abeg who arranges where england and brazil should play their friendlies fa, sometimes their fa even takes the match to qater. what they has given siasia no homebase coach has ever ever ever ever gotten it good like dat u can't keep saying your quiting because of any disagreement

@12large slowpoke,
what did u call them? england and brazil. what game did u say? friendlies. siasia is playing a must win qualifier. he has to consider a lot of things before choosing stadium. remember, under jonathan, the north has been a killing ground so have u thought of how many of our players will travel to north to play the game?
these players are money making machines in their various clubs and as such will give u one or two excuses to stay away from the game.
what is the rationale behind the kaduna stadium? i guess quota system?
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by ifyalways(f): 9:24am On Feb 17, 2011
otokx:

Cause and effect.
NFA seems to be a house full of mad men he has to act mad to communicate effectively. wink
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by segunjowo(m): 10:47am On Feb 17, 2011
ifyalways:

Cause and effect.
NFA seems to be a house full of mad men he has to act mad to communicate effectively. wink
grin
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by Jencejyde(m): 10:53am On Feb 17, 2011
All these selfish thugs running our football, na wah oh! After all the heartachce we suffered at the last world cup, now this again

Because someone here has a useless political agenda, so 150 million Nigerians must bear disgrace again! Shame, big shame, where a country like South Africa has hosted the Wc and is planning to host the Olympics, we are here going from Z to A, Haba

Nice one Sia, i tot he was going to chicken out and keep quiet.

Lets see the lie they would come up with now
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by vislabraye(m): 4:19pm On Feb 17, 2011
Sia sia knows his onions. He understands the Nigerian Football theatrics because he was once a footballer.

However, i hope he's not bluffing.
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by Jencejyde(m): 4:58pm On Feb 17, 2011
vislabraye:

Sia sia knows his onions. He understands the Nigerian Football theatrics because he was once a footballer.

However, i hope he's not bluffing.
for the sake of millions of football lovers in Nigeria, lets hope he's not truly
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by Kcwarren: 7:29pm On Feb 17, 2011
does match venues counts?
Hope ds dude is wt hs ryt senses oh.
www.twitter.com/kcbenneth
Re: Siasia Threatens To Quit. by tlops(m): 8:19pm On Feb 17, 2011
^^^it does, atleast when u have a choice.

1025:

@12large slowpoke,
what did u call them? england and brazil. what game did u say? friendlies. siasia is playing a must win qualifier. he has to consider a lot of things before choosing stadium. remember, under jonathan, the north has been a killing ground so have u thought of how many of our players will travel to north to play the game?
these players are money making machines in their various clubs and as such will give u one or two excuses to stay away from the game.
what is the rationale behind the kaduna stadium? i guess quota system?

in the case of Nigeria that is also worth considering.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yakubu Booed At Kanu's Testimonial / Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? / SHOCKER: Victor Moses Parents Alive In Edo State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.