Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,199 members, 7,887,495 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:43 AM

What Breed Is This - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / What Breed Is This (1274 Views)

What Breed Is This Dog / Please What Breed Is This / Which Dog Breed Is This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Breed Is This by ojehmario1969(m): 10:28pm On Aug 14, 2020
I want to buy a dog and I don't know if this is a pure GSD as presumed by the owner.

Is this a pure breed German Shepherd
Ur advice is highly welcomed.

1 Like

Re: What Breed Is This by dawnomike(m): 10:37pm On Aug 14, 2020
Not a pure GSD but the dog looks cute all the same
Re: What Breed Is This by Acehart: 10:43pm On Aug 14, 2020
It isn’t purebred. Usually, breeders keep the pictures of the parents to prove they are giving you the real deal. If this isn’t the case for you, they have something to hide. GSD are usually hairy when they are pups and all nails are pure black. Please check for those features.

1 Like

Re: What Breed Is This by ojehmario1969(m): 10:45pm On Aug 14, 2020
Acehart:
It isn’t purebred. Usually, breeders keep the pictures of the parents to prove they are giving you the real deal. If this isn’t the case for you, they have something to hide. GSD are usually hairy when they are pups and all nails are pure black. Please check for those features.

Okay thanks
Re: What Breed Is This by ojehmario1969(m): 10:45pm On Aug 14, 2020
dawnomike:
Not a pure GSD but the dog looks cute all the same

The price is 40k do u recommend I buy it
Re: What Breed Is This by dawnomike(m): 12:50am On Aug 15, 2020
ojehmario1969:

Not worth the price please... That dog should not be more than 15-20k.

Be patient... I am sure you will see a better GSD for that price soon especially on the pet section but beware of scammers

1 Like

Re: What Breed Is This by ojehmario1969(m): 6:42am On Aug 15, 2020
dawnomike:

Be patient... I am sure you will see a better GSD for that price soon especially on the pet section but beware of scammers

Okay. Thanks
Re: What Breed Is This by laluski(m): 7:11am On Aug 15, 2020
ojehmario1969:
I want to buy a dog and I don't know if this is a pure GSD as presumed by the owner.

Is this a pure breed German Shepherd
Ur advice is highly welcomed.

Don't EVEN try to buy it
With 40k you see a very good Gas..trust me
Re: What Breed Is This by chukskafor(m): 4:41pm On Aug 15, 2020
Acehart:

What you posted down here are long coat gsd; check for coat variance in gsd
Re: What Breed Is This by chukskafor(m): 4:42pm On Aug 15, 2020
ojehmario1969:

40k is a fair deal on that dog bro but negotiation is still allowed
Re: What Breed Is This by ojehmario1969(m): 6:02pm On Aug 15, 2020
chukskafor:
40k is a fair deal on that dog bro but negotiation is still allowed

Really
Re: What Breed Is This by Acehart: 7:05pm On Aug 15, 2020
chukskafor:

Hh
Re: What Breed Is This by Acehart: 7:11pm On Aug 15, 2020
chukskafor:

You are right there are coat variances in GSD, but is it noticeable when they are puppies? Since we have medium and long coat GSD, don’t you think that this one the OP wants to buy doesn’t qualify in any of those categories?
Re: What Breed Is This by Haroldjunior: 12:59am On Aug 16, 2020
Acehart:

You are right there are coat variances in GSD, but is it noticeable when they are puppies? Since we have medium and long coat GSD, don’t you think that this one the OP wants to buy doesn’t qualify in any of those categories?
That's a short-haired german shepherd. Plus, you can't determine the purity of the puppy from just viewing pictures. That dog is a fine sable gsd. I'd advice the OP to buy the dog, it looks like what would turn out good in the future.
Re: What Breed Is This by chukskafor(m): 3:18pm On Aug 16, 2020
Acehart:

The one op posted is a mutt ( i mean a mixed breed) and a short coat; yes the variance is coat can be detected at puppy hood but what you posted are pure bloodlines of long coat
Re: What Breed Is This by Haroldjunior: 5:04pm On Aug 16, 2020
chukskafor:
The one op posted is a mutt ( i mean a mixed breed) and a short coat; yes the variance is coat can be detected at puppy hood but what you posted are pure bloodlines of long coat
Sorry bro, how you take know say na mutt? You shouldn't jump into conclusion when you don't know the dog's ancestry. Most dogs are pure bred, but look like mutts as puppies. Stop judging the book by it's cover. Chill and let the puppy grow first. If OP takes your advice and the puppy turns out great, he will be in regret. Plus that pup has all the characteristics of a sable short-haired gsd Sir. Google the characteristics.
Re: What Breed Is This by chukskafor(m): 10:02pm On Aug 16, 2020
Haroldjunior:

Sorry bro, how you take know say na mutt? You shouldn't jump into conclusion when you don't know the dog's ancestry. Most dogs are pure bred, but look like mutts as puppies. Stop judging the book by it's cover. Chill and let the puppy grow first. If OP takes your advice and the puppy turns out great, he will be in regret. Plus that pup has all the characteristics of a sable short-haired gsd Sir. Google the characteristics.
I never in any way condemn the puppy bro, as a matter of fact, read all the comments, i was the only one who opined to the op that he should go ahead and buy even at the price that others are saying is too expensive.....
Secondly, sable gsd you said...yeah of course it is a sable in did, no contending....
Lastly, did i hear you say pure bloodline; bro take a chill pill, how many backyard breeders keeps a pure bloodline, all you see around are diluted gsd which i'm not saying are bad, as long as you know the history...chikena; pedigree and pure bloodlines are for topnotch breeders who at times have to import either the male or the puppy from oversea, at which a pup cost over 400k.
Long story short, @op, buy your dog if you like it, people's opinion don't matter cos they are not the ones paying your bill; just care and show it love and you are good to go.
I rest my case now
Re: What Breed Is This by ojehmario1969(m): 9:08am On Aug 17, 2020
dawnomike:

A friend of mine shows me this dog. Do u recommend I buy it. He said it's German he sent me pics 15k

Re: What Breed Is This by Nastymarz(m): 9:30am On Aug 17, 2020
Abeg buy the first one
Re: What Breed Is This by PAQ(m): 10:27am On Aug 17, 2020
When buying a puppy, lookout for the parents to know what the puppy will grow into. If parents are not available, then the puppy's build is very important. Puppies with big boned legs and paws tend to grow larger.
Re: What Breed Is This by dawnomike(m): 11:48am On Aug 17, 2020
ojehmario1969:

A friend of mine shows me this dog. Do u recommend I buy it. He said it's German he sent me pics 15k
Buy for just 10k biko
Re: What Breed Is This by Haroldjunior: 11:18pm On Aug 17, 2020
ojehmario1969:

German nii, Brazilian ko! That's not German Sir.
Re: What Breed Is This by bantamx: 10:39am On Jan 30, 2021

(1) (Reply)

GSD Mix With Large Bone Caucasian, Puppies Available At Give Away Prize / Dog Breedin Business. / Rott Pups Now Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.