Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,341 members, 7,888,079 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:47 PM

Is Ashawo Work By An Adult Legal In Nigeria ? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is Ashawo Work By An Adult Legal In Nigeria ? (807 Views)

Nigerians To Strategies Ways To End Prostitution In Nigeria: Ashawo Work No Good / Lady To Beggar: 'Go Do Ashawo With Your Big Nyash, Ashawo Na Good Work' (Video) / Ashawo Work Is Very Profitable- Nigerian Girls Speak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Ashawo Work By An Adult Legal In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 15, 2020
Is sex work in Nigeria legal ?
Is running a brothel in Nigeria legal ?
Someone based in Europe wants to know because she wants to start one in Nigeria
My legal Nairalanders please give insight on the topic .
Re: Is Ashawo Work By An Adult Legal In Nigeria ? by Simplyleo: 11:30am On Aug 15, 2020
Well, it depends on part of the country.

I understand some prostitutes are bread winners in their villages.

For instance, someone once announced the lingua franca of brothels in Nigeria.

If you know you know. wink
Re: Is Ashawo Work By An Adult Legal In Nigeria ? by Exmilitant(m): 1:44pm On Aug 15, 2020
Iloverevenge:
Is sex work in Nigeria legal ?
Is running a brothel in Nigeria legal ?
Someone based in Europe wants to know because she wants to start one in Nigeria
My legal Nairalanders please give insight on the topic .
why not use olosho or ashawo work instead? No, it is not legal in Nigeria but there are thousands of such business all over the country provided you are greasing the palm of the D.P.O at the nearest police station. Not forgetting the presence of the rugged niggars in the area too. I have plots of land at a good location to lease for that business at Portharcourt.
Re: Is Ashawo Work By An Adult Legal In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 15, 2020
Exmilitant:
why not use olosho or ashawo work instead? No, it is not legal in Nigeria but there are thousands of such business all over the country provided you are greasing the palm of the D.P.O at the nearest police station. Not forgetting the presence of the rugged niggars in the area too. I have plots of land at a good location to lease for that business at Portharcourt.
I just read this article online.
The summary is that mobile or online adult prostitution is not a crime but owning a brothel is a crime.
In other words, Nigeria permits adults to turn themselves into online or mobile brothels but frowns against physical structures being put up as brothels .Is that not hypocrisy ? "Jus saying to myself "

*PROSTITUTION IS NOT A CRIME IN ALL PARTS OF NIGERIA AND POLICE CANNOT ARREST PROSTITUTES.*
DAILY LAW TIPS (Tip 324A) by Onyekachi Umah, Esq., LLM. ACIArb(UK)

A crime or an offence is never created by morals but by law. So, an act can be a SIN but not a crime and you cannot arrest any person for committing SIN in any part of Nigeria.
There is no Federal/National law against PROSTITUTION in Nigeria. Although, owing to Sharia Law in Northern states in Nigeria, prostitution is prohibited. In all the Western, Eastern and Southern states in Nigeria, prostitution is not a crime. Hence, police or security agencies CANNOT arrest prostitutes in such states.
Note that owning/running a brothel, being a love-vendor, trafficking persons for prostitution, use of children as sex slaves and other similar acts are criminal in all parts of Nigeria.

My authorities are sections 223, 224 and 225 of the Criminal Code, section 15, 16, 17 and 18 of the Trafficking In Person (Prohibition), Enforcement and Administration Act, 2015 and sections 30 of the Child’s Right Act, 2003.

#DailyLawTips
#SabiLaw
#LearnNigerianLaws

Feel free to reach the author, ask questions or make inquiries on this topic or any other via info@LearnNigerianLaws.com or onyekachi.umah@gmail.com or +2348037665878.

NOTE: Sharing or modifying or publishing this publication without giving credit to Onyekachi Umah, Esq. and “LearnNigerianLaws.com” is a criminal breach of copyright and will be prosecuted. Please share this publication till it gets to those that need it most. Save a Nigerian today!

1 Like

Re: Is Ashawo Work By An Adult Legal In Nigeria ? by loadedvibes: 2:32pm On Aug 15, 2020
Lol.. hahahaha.. abeg no tell me say that someone is from Benin o
Re: Is Ashawo Work By An Adult Legal In Nigeria ? by Olabode971(f): 3:45am On Aug 16, 2020
Eginrin ote, bi asepakan nikan ruwe...
#hmmm

(1) (Reply)

FLASH: Helicopter Has Crash-land In Opebi, Ojota Area In Lagos. PHOTOS / Lady Gangs Up With Her Friends To Beat Up Their Friend For Snatching Boyfriend / NDLEA Officers Kidnap Youths, Demands N2 Million Ransom (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.