Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,486 members, 7,968,336 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 03:50 AM

Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221m Equity Funding From China Harbour - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221m Equity Funding From China Harbour (1343 Views)

Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) / Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO / Calabar Seaport Receives 1st Container Vessel In 13 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221m Equity Funding From China Harbour by Ikinternational: 6:20pm On Aug 15, 2020
myboy2111:
We need more loans and equity capital for development. Nigeria is a poor country , all necessary capital must be harnessed to develop Nigeria.

The highest holder of US Treasury Bills and Bonds is China. Is China holding US to ransom? NO.

The number 1 country indebted to China is US.

But can China ever bully US or even attempt?
Think rationally my guy

The energy/temperament is different when somebody you can beat up owes you money
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221m Equity Funding From China Harbour by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 15, 2020
Ikinternational:

But can China ever bully US or even attempt?
Think rationally my guy

The energy/temperament is different when somebody you can beat up owes you money
Stop Wailing.
Don't carry another man's headache based on illusion and imaginary negative thinking. Give me
example of one country that has been colonized because of debt?

Are we not owing Paris Club, IMF and World Bank before ? What happened?
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221m Equity Funding From China Harbour by NGpatriot: 6:36pm On Aug 15, 2020
Guestlander:

Same reason one of them would demolish the airport fence.
Sometimes you need to think about the majority rather than your own narrow interests.

What dumb and irrelevant rubbish is this one talking about?

It is not by force to comment or even be in the internet.
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221m Equity Funding From China Harbour by Ikinternational: 6:47pm On Aug 15, 2020
Simplyleo:
Citizens of online country right now

The same you that will deny tomorrow Chinese money did anything for yoruba land. As if we don't know the playbook

Why would that region that gives you daily headache be against a better run seaport with good facilities and good roads around it...I'm sure they welcome the development. Na only you like carry headache
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221m Equity Funding From China Harbour by Ikinternational: 6:51pm On Aug 15, 2020
myboy2111:

Stop Wailing.
Don't carry another man's headache based on illusion and imaginary negative thinking. Give me
example of one country that has been colonized because of debt?

So this means Nigeria is of equal footing with US with capability to stand up to China?...okay copy. I've heard you. No wahala
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221m Equity Funding From China Harbour by NGpatriot: 6:54pm On Aug 15, 2020
Ikinternational:

So this means Nigeria is of equal footing with US with capability to stand up to China?...okay copy. I've heard you. No wahala

Give me example of one country that has been colonized because of debt??

He asked you a question, answer the question.
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221m Equity Funding From China Harbour by Guestlander: 6:56pm On Aug 15, 2020
NGpatriot:

What dumb and irrelevant rubbish is this one talking about?

It is not by force to comment or even be in the internet.

You are barking at the wrong tree.
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221m Equity Funding From China Harbour by TheGladiator: 6:56pm On Aug 15, 2020
Guestlander:

It is myopic to say China is taking over. China also developed with a lot of foreign investors. The chinese gained a lot of new technology and expertise from this experience, Nigerians should learn from this rather than shouting china is taking over! Are they taking over the presidency or the national assembly?
Not true. Not the same. China is taking equity ownership upandan. China is dishing out loans on seemingly innocuous terms, albeit draconian small print. They prey on the continent‘s desperation for infrastructure capital. They exploit insidious corruption of our visionless elite. We are entering into an era of slavery unbounded by chains.

China did not develop the way you suggest. They largely paid their way to development. Technology transfer was rife with substantial controls over foreign ownership of assets. Loans were not collateralised on key national Infrastructure assets and were mainly from supranational organisations. China’s development is not accidental. It’s a decade(s) long plan of deliberate global domination

Africa, and the world indeed, must be vigilant and must deal cautiously with the subterfuge of this ambitious, voracious Tiger from the east!
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221m Equity Funding From China Harbour by NGpatriot: 7:03pm On Aug 15, 2020
[s]
Guestlander:

You are barking at the wrong tree.
[/s]

Please, go away with your ignorance.
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221m Equity Funding From China Harbour by Guestlander: 7:42pm On Aug 15, 2020
TheGladiator:

Not true. Not the same. China is taking equity ownership upandan. China is dishing out loans at seemingly innocuous terms, albeit draconian small print. They prey on desperation of the continent for capital to develop. They exploit corruption of our visionless leaders. We are entering a new era of slavery without chains.

China did not develop the way you suggest. They largely paid their way to development. Technology transfer with serious controls on foreign ownership of assets.

Africa, and the world indeed, must be vigilant and deal cautiously with this ambitious, subterfuge superpower from the east!

You don't know what you are talking about. Do you know how much foreign capital in China? Do you know how foreign capital is still going to china even now?
Keep on deceiving yourself by creating the Chinese boogeyman who is out to get you.
The Japanese, the Koreans, Americans, Europeans all have massive investment in China.
If you care you care to find out you are free to do so.
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221m Equity Funding From China Harbour by googi: 7:43pm On Aug 15, 2020
One country?

What about the whole of Africa!

myboy2111:

Stop Wailing.

Give me example of one country that has been colonized because of debt?

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221m Equity Funding From China Harbour by Guestlander: 7:44pm On Aug 15, 2020
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Please, go away with your ignorance.

Ignorance is when you take a bulldozer to demolish an airport. Idiocy is when you defend such action.
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221m Equity Funding From China Harbour by Ikinternational: 1:49am On Aug 16, 2020
NGpatriot:

He asked you a question, answer the question.

Wtf...I said okay no problem. That means I'm done
Fuvck you tagging me for di.ck.head
A small boy like you can't bully me

(1) (2) (Reply)

From Today, If You Kill Us, We Will Kill You – Nnamdi Kanu Tells Nigerian Police / Edo Election: Former PDP Lawmaker Leads Defectors In Uhunmwode To APC / Obaseki Join And Back #endsars Protesters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.