Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,106 members, 7,933,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 11:32 AM

Is Guardiola Afraid Or Just Playing A Mind Game? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Is Guardiola Afraid Or Just Playing A Mind Game? (630 Views)

Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager / Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England / Pep Guardiola Set To Step Down As Barcelona Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Guardiola Afraid Or Just Playing A Mind Game? by BabaIbada: 1:16am On Feb 16, 2011
Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola has admitted he does not expect the first leg of their Champions League last 16 tie against Arsenal to be decisive.

The Spanish manager also admitted that while he admires Arsenal's style of play, he does not relish coming up against them for a second successive season.

"I do not expect a game tomorrow that is going to be comfortable, or that the tie will be resolved here," Guardiola stated during a pre-match press conference. "If we are defeated by a big margin, we will go out on the attack to win.

"I like Arsenal, but do not like playing against them. The reason behind this is what they do with the ball. They do not run when they possess it.

"I also imagine they will tighten up compared to last year and try to do better."

The tactician hopes his counterpart Arsene Wenger plays Frenchman Samir Nasri, as Guardiola is impressed by the 23-year-old.

"I hope Nasri can play," he added. "I always prefer it because he can influence the team and a match.
"We have a very tough tie - possibly the hardest and most complicated we have ever had. We must be very prepared, very strong and do well in the competition. I think that we play better in the quarter and semi-finals rather than the Round of 16.

"We must try and play well, take control of the ball and score, which is vital to do away from home in Europe. I have a lot of respect for Arsenal. I have some idea on them from last season's matches.
source: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2914/champions-league/2011/02/15/2354254/barcelona-coach-pep-guardiola-we-cant-win-champions-league
Re: Is Guardiola Afraid Or Just Playing A Mind Game? by zerocool(m): 2:55am On Feb 16, 2011
He's definately playing mind games. This won't av an effect on Arsene Wenger & his players.
Re: Is Guardiola Afraid Or Just Playing A Mind Game? by 1025: 2:06am On Feb 17, 2011
that pep idiot that insulted eto's personality must get his reward. i think he will soon face the exit door. a nonsense recist.
Re: Is Guardiola Afraid Or Just Playing A Mind Game? by RuuDie(m): 2:43pm On Feb 19, 2011
Baba Ibada:

"I do not expect a game tomorrow that is going to be comfortable, or that the tie will be resolved here," Guardiola stated during a pre-match press conference.

He absolutely got that one right!

(1) (Reply)

REFEREES THREATEN TO BOYCOTT CHELSEA OVER CLATTENBURG CLAIM / UCL:Chelsea Vs Sporting Lisbon-7:45pm Today / Is Lionel Messi Now Controlling Barcelona FC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.