Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,940 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:02 AM

Tinie Tempah (nigerian)wins Two Brit Awards - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tinie Tempah (nigerian)wins Two Brit Awards (1160 Views)

Tiwa Savage Attends BRIT Awards After-party (photos) / Tinie Tempah Gushes About Olajumoke '' Ex-Agege Breadseller" (photo) / Tinie Tempah Arrives Abuja, Poses With Armed Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tinie Tempah (nigerian)wins Two Brit Awards by yommyuk: 2:30am On Feb 16, 2011
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12463741

Tinie Tempah walked away with two prizes at this year's Brit awards, claiming best British breakthrough act and best single for Pass Out.The coveted best British album gong went to Mumford and Sons for Sigh No More and Take That scooped the best British group trophy.

Plan B was named best British male and Laura Marling won the prize in the best female category.

There were also prizes for Rihanna, Cee Lo Green and Arcade Fire.

The Canadian band's record, The Suburbs, won them the prize for best international album.

They also took home the award for best international group.

Tempah - real name Patrick Okogwu - was the most nominated artist of the night with four nods.

Picking up his first award, the star said: "I want to big up God and my family for sticking by me when times are hard."

Rihanna, who performed on stage, landed the best international female artist trophy and Cee Lo Green picked up the male international award

The rapper and singer said told the audience that his "heart is racing".

He added: "I'm so excited. Thank you so much for this honour. Such a pleasant surprise."

'Pleasant surprise'

Justin Bieber took home the gong for best international breakthrough act.

Speaking on stage the 16-year-old, who rose to fame on YouTube, thanked his fans for the honour.

Take That kicked off the show, which was hosted by comedian James Corden, with a performance of their new single Kidz.

All five members of the band took the stage with an army of dancers dressed like riot police.

The group, who reunited with Robbie Williams last year, beat Biffy Clyro, Mumford and Sons and Gorillaz in the best group category.

On stage Mark Owen paid tribute to Williams and said: "Can I say thanks for coming back mate. Appreciate it. It's a real pleasure for the five of us to be up here."

They had also been up for best British album, along with Plan B, Tempah and The xx.
Re: Tinie Tempah (nigerian)wins Two Brit Awards by Pweety4me(f): 2:33am On Feb 16, 2011
Aww good for him, my wonderman! cheesy smiley

(1) (Reply)

Keke Kenny And Dayo D1 Breaking Up? / Ragae Star,vybz Kartel Escapes From Prison After Holding Officer At Gunpoint / Monica Wins Project Fame West Africa Season 4!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.