Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,132 members, 7,896,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 11:23 PM

Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. (1192 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu’s Family May Sue UK Govt Over "Illegal Rendition" Of IPOB Leader / Akwa Ibom Rejects Covid-19 Results. / Akwa Ibom Rejects Police Anti-terrorism Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by Hunchogee: 8:36am On Aug 16, 2020
The Akwa Ibom State Government has rejected the National Bureau of Statistics report which listed it as the second state with the highest unemployment rate in the country.

A statement by the state Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Ini Ememobong, on Saturday, described the NBS report as unacceptable.

The statement read, “The attention of Akwa Ibom State Government has been drawn to the ‘Labor Force Statistics: Unemployment and Underemployment Report’ by the National Bureau of Statistics, wherein it listed Akwa Ibom as the state with the second-highest unemployment rate in the country. This conclusion, which calls for serious scrutiny, is unbelievable.

The Akwa Ibom State Government has rejected the National Bureau of Statistics report which listed it as the second state with the highest unemployment rate in the country.

A statement by the state Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Ini Ememobong, on Saturday, described the NBS report as unacceptable.

The statement read, “The attention of Akwa Ibom State Government has been drawn to the ‘Labor Force Statistics: Unemployment and Underemployment Report’ by the National Bureau of Statistics, wherein it listed Akwa Ibom as the state with the second-highest unemployment rate in the country. This conclusion, which calls for serious scrutiny, is unbelievable.

“The reality on ground in our state is in contradistinction to the Bureau’s report.

“A juxtaposition of the said report with the reality of the existence and operation of the numerous industries in our state, the recruitment into the civil and public service, Public-Private Partnership initiatives, the award of direct Labour contracts, our airline and general aviation businesses, qualitative cash support and interest-free loans to entrepreneurs, financial and input support to farmers; the obvious conclusion will confirm that indeed the current administration has created quality jobs in an unprecedented manner.

“This reality is not attempting to deny the existence of unemployment-which is a global phenomenon worsened by the COVID-19 pandemic.

“As a responsible government, we intend to engage the National Bureau of Statistics, to ascertain the veracity of their processes and results, particularly, we will seek answers to the following questions:

“What was the sample size used in the survey? What was the spatial spread of the sample? What population figure did they use to obtain the percentage recorded for Akwa Ibom? What quality assurance mechanisms did they employ? What was the temporal spread of the data used in the analyses?”

Governor Emmanuel Udom unemployment report..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/akwa-ibom-rejects-nbs-unemployment-report/%3famp=1

Mynd44...
Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by ThatFairGuy: 8:37am On Aug 16, 2020
This is welcome. I'm of hope they're ready to defend themselves as well

“As a responsible government, we intend to engage the National Bureau of Statistics, to ascertain the veracity of their processes and results, particularly, we will seek answers to the following questions:.

6 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by Kriss216: 8:39am On Aug 16, 2020
Unemployment is a national problem. No one should personalize unemployment in Nigeria.
Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by Simplyleo: 8:40am On Aug 16, 2020
And I just saw one report about Akwa Ibom in which this governor appears like a leader who has brain. angry

So instead of focusing attention on how to better the lives of ibomites, you want to commit some money into litigation because of one inconsequential report?

Why do we always like chasing after nonsense in this country? Okay, you prefer the report had said the unemployment rate in Akwa Ibom is zero, even though it is a big fat lie?

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by Hunchogee: 8:43am On Aug 16, 2020
Kriss216:
Unemployment is a national problem. No one should personalize unemployment in Nigeria.
Please elaborate your message more
Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by ThatFairGuy: 8:44am On Aug 16, 2020
Kriss216:
Unusual of you! Osun doesn't slip off your mouth, whereas the index is there

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 16, 2020
Lol...

Akwaibom ranked highest in unemployment nationally..

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by Hunchogee: 8:47am On Aug 16, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

“As a responsible government, we intend to engage the National Bureau of Statistics, to ascertain the veracity of their processes and results, particularly, we will seek answers to the following questions:.

Yes bro.. How can someone seat at Abuja to be cooking falsehood about places they haven't visited for a long while..
Somebody once ask me last week if Akwa Ibom as an airport.. Imagine the louver
Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by Kriss216: 8:47am On Aug 16, 2020
Hunchogee:

Please elaborate your message more

Unemployment and Underemployment Report’ by the National Bureau of Statistics, wherein it listed Akwa Ibom as the state with the second-highest unemployment rate in the country. This conclusion, which calls for serious scrutiny, is unbelievable.
Akwa Ibom State Government should first tell us how many industries, companies, and job opportunities they created before trying to sue NBS.
These politicians, after liquidating our funds, they always try to find means to divert our attention.
They're all crooks!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by Kriss216: 8:47am On Aug 16, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Unusual of you! Osun doesn't slip off your mouth, whereas the index is there
We don't talk about Osun again. Osun is already in penury. My conscience can't allow me to make fun of someone bedridden.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by NaijaDonCast(m): 8:50am On Aug 16, 2020
I live all my life in Akwa Ibom apart from when I went for service, I want to tell you NBS are 80% correct in some Local government like they one I'm currently in the only major means of survival is bricklaying work, followed by Bet9ja employees and underpayed secondary school teaching job of about 7 to 15k salary every month, while the major rich guys are politics inclined personnel parading all over Uyo with different tinted Toyota spider

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by Hunchogee: 8:51am On Aug 16, 2020
Simplyleo:
And I just saw one report about Akwa Ibom in which this governor appears like a leader who has brain. angry

So instead of focusing attention on how to better the lives of ibomites, you want to commit some money into litigation because of one inconsequential report?

Why do we always like chasing after nonsense in this country? Okay, you prefer the report had said the unemployment rate in Akwa Ibom is zero, even though it is a big fat lie?
My brother false information do sometimes affect the psychological state of a person's mind, further making it feel as if the government are not trying at all.. Especially when you are trying.. So thier response is not out of place..
Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by Cosbyrich: 8:54am On Aug 16, 2020
This is good but trust me,they will trash the matter after a while because Akwa Ibom governor will come to terms with the truth which is NBS's stats.
I want to 75% believe NBS because when their stats about the poorest states in Nigeria 2019 came out it was in tandem with the World bank and UNDP stats.
No stats is perfect.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by allthingsgood: 8:55am On Aug 16, 2020
Instead of them to face reality and do their job. Smh

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by allthingsgood: 8:56am On Aug 16, 2020
Hunchogee:

My brother false information do sometimes affect the psychological state of a person's mind, further making it feel as if the government are not trying at all.. Especially when you are trying.. So thier response is not out of place..

U said all these just because u hate buhari. Have u been to akwaibom recently
Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by Hunchogee: 8:56am On Aug 16, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Lol...

Akwaibom ranked highest in unemployment nationally..

Clap for yourself and where is your state listed?
Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by Hunchogee: 8:59am On Aug 16, 2020
allthingsgood:

U said all these just because u hate buhari. Have u been to akwaibom recently
No, why will I hate anybody the same people that are complaining voted.. .
You will never see any thread I insulted Buhari or supported any political party honestly..
Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by Hunchogee: 9:01am On Aug 16, 2020
allthingsgood:
Instead of them to face reality and do their job. Smh
And accept falsehood abi?
Next time NBS will say hunger kills everyday in Akwa Ibom.. Let them answer to thier falsehood..
Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by allthingsgood: 9:03am On Aug 16, 2020
Hunchogee:

And accept falsehood abi?
Next time NBS will say hunger kills everyday in Akwa Ibom.. Let them answer to thier falsehood..

How is it falsehood
Ok produce your own statistics let's examine.
Lubbish
Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by allthingsgood: 9:04am On Aug 16, 2020
Hunchogee:

No, why will I hate anybody the same people that are complaining voted.. .
You will never see any thread I insulted Buhari or supported any political party honestly..

So how did u arrive at your falsehood claims Or it's just your "feeling"?
Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by ThatFairGuy: 9:13am On Aug 16, 2020
Kriss216:

We don't talk about Osun again. Osun is already in penury. My conscience can't allow me to make fun of someone bedridden.
Joke on you!
How when it's still better off any of your State in terms of human capital?
You've forgotten the best of your States is 3tms worse than Osun

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by Kriss216: 9:14am On Aug 16, 2020
Jobless, unemployed and lazy youths up there are arguing States with the highest unemployment rate. What do we call this now? Iberibe
Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by Kriss216: 9:16am On Aug 16, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Joke on you!
How when it's still better off any of your State in terms of human capital?
You've forgotten the best of your States is 3tms worse than Osun
Okay.

If that will make you feel better.

Osun state human capital is better and greater than Hong Kong and South Korea.
Osun is more civilized than Alaska and Budapest.
Osun has the best university in the world.
Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by rottennaija(m): 9:22am On Aug 16, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

The same way they rejected Covid-19 cases from NCDC only to accept it moments later. The same way they rejected having the highest HIV infection rate in the country.

Nonsense. Which reality on ground? These people don't even interact with the common people, let alone know what is happening in the streets.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by Hunchogee: 9:23am On Aug 16, 2020
allthingsgood:

So how did u arrive at your falsehood claims Or it's just your "feeling"?
Which one is falsehood claim bro..
A state government is asking questions and I posted it for wimb like you to read and comprehend but you conspicuously resulted to ignorance..
Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by ThatFairGuy: 9:24am On Aug 16, 2020
Kriss216:
Okay.
If that will make you feel better.
Osun state human capital is better and greater than Hong Kong and South Korea. Osun is more civilized than Alaska and Budapest. Osun has the best university in the world.
Whatever, don't run from the fact though undecided
Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by Hunchogee: 9:25am On Aug 16, 2020
rottennaija:

The same way they rejected Covid-19 cases from NCDC only to accept it moments later.
There is nothing wrong asking questions if in doubts..
And NBS should be ready to answer if truly thier data's are not fake..
Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by rottennaija(m): 9:28am On Aug 16, 2020
Hunchogee:

There is nothing wrong asking questions if in doubts..
And NBS should be ready to answer if truly thier data's are not fake..

And who said there is anything wrong? But the fact is, govt in Akwa Ibom State are always fast to reject any unfavourable news only to accept it later. Covid-19? HIV infection?
Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by Hunchogee: 9:37am On Aug 16, 2020
rottennaija:

And who said there is anything wrong? But the fact is, govt in Akwa Ibom State are always fast to reject any unfavourable news only to accept it later. Covid-19? HIV infection?
But you agree they have every right to seek for clarifications?
Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by Hunchogee: 10:43am On Aug 16, 2020
NaijaDonCast:
I live all my life in Akwa Ibom apart from when I went for service, I want to tell you NBS are 99% correct in some Local government like they one I'm currently in the only major means of survival is bricklaying work, followed by Bet9ja employees and underpayed secondary school teaching job of about 7 to 15k salary every month, while the major rich guys are politics inclined personnel parading all over Uyo with different tinted Toyota spider
So if the major rich are politicians, what about guys working in Oil companies and its relative services companies in the area?
Secondly so according to you Katsina is richer than AKS, since is not a major unemployment spot. You really get sense at all??

Do you know what Ibeno, Mbo & eastern obolo trawler Fishermen earns in a day??

Please get sense oo ok

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by rottennaija(m): 10:57am On Aug 16, 2020
Hunchogee:

But you agree they have every right to seek for clarifications?
Which clarification? Unemployment in Akwa Ibom is so bad. If you are not there, I am. I walk the street of Akwa Ibom State every single day. I know the situation.

But the truth is, Akwa Ibom State govt don't like any news that is negative. Such news reveals the truth about their propaganda.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom Rejects NBS Unemployment Report And May Sue NBS.. by Hunchogee: 11:19am On Aug 16, 2020
rottennaija:

Which clarification? Unemployment in Akwa Ibom is so bad. If you are not there, I am. I walk the street of Akwa Ibom State every single day. I know the situation.

But the truth is, Akwa Ibom State govt don't like any news that is negative. Such news reveals the truth about their propaganda.
You still don't answer my question.. Is it bad for a father to seek clarification from is own son tag thief before prosecution??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu To Akeredolu: Extend Hand Of Felowship To Those Who Contested Against You / We Switched Off Lekki Toll Gate Billboard On Sanwo-olu’s Order – Seyi Tinubu / Nigerians It's Time To Start Having Charms And Weapons With You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.