Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,034 members, 7,987,692 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 02:46 PM

Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season (19635 Views)

Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021 / Kelechi Iheanacho Wins Premier League Player of the Month for March / Mohamed Salah Wins Premier League Player Of The Year Award(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by pretyval: 8:21pm On Aug 16, 2020
Well deserved.

Check out my profile for affordable home and office interior...
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by pretyval: 8:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
OfficialJayy:
The fact that this is the first time a player from man city is winning this award despite dominating the best part of the last decade in epl is nothing but a mystery

I'm a man utd fan but I gotta admit that this award is the least de bryune deserves.. He's committed, hardworking, skillful and a joy to watch on the field... infact he's everything I wished paul pogba would be when we signed him

Kudos to De Bruyne, although the portugese magnifico(bruno fernanadez) will be coming for this award next season

Fernandez will come close when he starts creating more assists and not scoring from 6yards
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by OfficialJayy: 8:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
pretyval:

Fernandez will come close when he starts creating more assists and not scoring from 6yards

What is this one even saying sef.. Fernandes has 12 goals and 10 ASSISTS since he joined man utd
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by pretyval: 8:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
12 Penalties ....
OfficialJayy:

What is this one even saying sef.. Fernandes has 12 goals and 10 ASSISTS since he joined man utd
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by OfficialJayy: 9:36pm On Aug 16, 2020
pretyval:
12 Penalties ....

So the free kick he scored against Bournemouth was a penalty abi? The long range effort against everton was also a penalty right?

Anyways, I am not too surprised at this post sha.. this is the kind of comment you make when you read all your match reports from goal.com instead of watching an actual football match
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by uunwanaobong3: 10:51pm On Aug 16, 2020
The media says that In Europe Messi and Muller got 21 assist for Barcelona and Bayern Munich respectively as the best assist Kings in Europe while debryune got 20 assist.

BUT what the paper and the media does not tell you is that Messi got 21 assist from 68 big chances created ..... And Muller got 21 assist from 61 big chances created....... WHILE de-bruyne got 20 assist from 156 big chances created...

If you want to convert the chances to expected goals ratio using the standard set by both Bayern and Barcelona (21 assist from 68 chances), you will find out the their chances conversion to assist is at a ratio of 1:3 ( 1 assist for every 3 chances created) for both Muller and Messi................. If you want to use the same 1:3 standard conversion ratio on debryune at 156 chances, u will find out that at 1:3 ratio, debryune should be having 52 assists this season...................... So the problem with mancity (apart from defence ) are the strikers, mancity strikers are so wasteful in front of goal.... That is why debryune is not getting the right accolades he deserves

1 Like

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by pretyval: 11:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
Lmao, an award was given to a far deserving footballer, you use style carry sentiment enter the matter. One free kick and like you said one long range EFFORT.... Effort and goal na d same thing... I dont need to read goal dot come cos I watch every football game... Even Steven Gerald said it that the only time you see Fernandez in a game is when he is standing to take a PK, Pogba by every standards has more influence on games. The funny thing is that I like Bruno,
I dey tackle you because all you could have said was congratulations to Kevin not talking about a season wey Neva come.....
OfficialJayy:

So the free kick he scored against Bournemouth was a penalty abi? The long range effort against everton was also a penalty right?

Anyways, I am not too surprised at this post sha.. this is the kind of comment you make when you read all your match reports from goal.com instead of watching an actual football match
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by OBA117(m): 11:40pm On Aug 16, 2020
Congratulations! Kelvin

Learn how to use your phone to of professional business logo, animation videos, flyers, website etc. contact 07056785055
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by OfficialJayy: 12:51am On Aug 17, 2020
pretyval:
Lmao, an award was given to a far deserving footballer, you use style carry sentiment enter the matter. One free kick and like you said one long range EFFORT.... Effort and goal na d same thing... I dont need to read goal dot come cos I watch every football game... Even Steven Gerald said it that the only time you see Fernandez in a game is when he is standing to take a PK, Pogba by every standards has more influence on games. The funny thing is that I like Bruno,
I dey tackle you because all you could have said was congratulations to Kevin not talking about a season wey Neva come.....

Actually, fernandez 'scored' the long range 'effort' against everton... the fact that you dont know this simply proves me right that all you do is check up match reports on goal.com instead of watching an actual game

Pogba has more influence on games than fernades? hahahahaha, you see what goal.com have done to you... I doubt if you have ever seen fernades play before

And also, the free kick and the goal from long range are not the only ones fernandes has scored from open play since he came to man utd... of course I don't expect you to know this because of goal.com

First, you brought up the assist talk, I tackled you there.. then you brought up the 12 penalties talk, again, I tackled you.. Why all this hatred towards one player, e steal your babe??

Next time learn to read well before jumping onto other people's mention, bcuz if you did, you would have seen where I showered praises on kevin de bruyne, as well as congratulate him

Lastly, pls can you provide me a link to the video where Gerald made that statement..I would like to see for myself
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by PropertyBuying(f): 1:23am On Aug 17, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
He deserve am
Kevin is a wonderful guy, a fine player and an intelligent hustler on the pitch.
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by pretyval: 7:16am On Aug 17, 2020
You showered praises and ended with another praises..... Bros abeg have a blessed week. Fernandez good but make him wait for him turn.... There are better midfielders in the EPL.
Them plenty.
OfficialJayy:

Actually, fernandez 'scored' the long range 'effort' against everton... the fact that you dont know this simply proves me right that all you do is check up match reports on goal.com instead of watching an actual game

Pogba has more influence on games than fernades? hahahahaha, you see what goal.com have done to you... I doubt if you have ever seen fernades play before

And also, the free kick and the goal from long range are not the only ones fernandes has scored from open play since he came to man utd... of course I don't expect you to know this because of goal.com

First, you brought up the assist talk, I tackled you there.. then you brought up the 12 penalties talk, again, I tackled you.. Why all this hatred towards one player, e steal your babe??

Next time learn to read well before jumping onto other people's mention, bcuz if you did, you would have seen where I showered praises on kevin de bruyne, as well as congratulate him

Lastly, pls can you provide me a link to the video where Gerald made that statement..I would like to see for myself
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by Ayobami7(m): 8:33am On Aug 17, 2020
congrats
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by OfficialJayy: 8:40am On Aug 17, 2020
pretyval:
You showered praises and ended with another praises..... Bros abeg have a blessed week. Fernandez good but make him wait for him turn.... There are better midfielders in the EPL.
Them plenty.

If I pour the kind of things when dey my mind out here bros, I nor sure whether any of us go comot here

congrats to de bruyne, but fernades will be coming for the award next year... abeg tell me what is wrong with this statement...

And please ehnn, list the other better midfielders you're talking about...

After fernandes joined man utd,he won two epl player of the month award(out of a possible three), all these better players you are talking about, where dem go when e dey win am??

Even if there are other better midfielders, does that mean that fernandes is not allowed to win... Henderson that won the FWA player of the year, is he better than de bruyne?? when modric won the ballon dor, was he better than de bruyne?? by your way of reasoning, it means if they were to award the ballon dor this year, then lewa would miss out because the likes of messi, cr7 are better than him
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by pretyval: 8:53am On Aug 17, 2020
Like I said bro, have a blessed week. Stick to what you know

OfficialJayy:

If I pour the kind of things when dey my mind out here bros, I nor sure whether any of us go comot here

congrats to de bruyne, but fernades will be coming for the award next year... abeg tell me what is wrong with this statement...

And please ehnn, list the other better midfielders you're talking about...

After fernandes joined man utd,he won two epl player of the month award(out of a possible three), all these better players you are talking about, where dem go when e dey win am??

Even if there are other better midfielders, does that mean that fernandes is not allowed to win... Henderson that won the FWA player of the year, is he better than de bruyne?? when modric won the ballon dor, was he better than de bruyne?? by your way of reasoning, it means if they were to award the ballon dor this year, then lewa would miss out because the likes of messi, cr7 are better than him
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by OfficialJayy: 10:08am On Aug 17, 2020
pretyval:
Like I said bro, have a blessed week. Stick to what you know

Have a blessed week too boss... and please stay away from goal.com
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by otobasin2323(m): 11:52am On Aug 17, 2020
AlexMahone:
KDB!! They always fare better, when they leave us for other clubs. From Mo Salah ( oh...you've forgotten so soon that Mo, was once our player? ), to Lukaku, to KDB...the list is endless. Question ; With the above information provided, which team do i support?
my fellow blue na
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by pretyval: 12:02pm On Aug 17, 2020
Ok Sir

OfficialJayy:

Have a blessed week too boss... and please stay away from goal.com
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by Mikeangelo0433: 12:35pm On Aug 17, 2020
uunwanaobong3:
The media says that In Europe Messi and Muller got 21 assist for Barcelona and Bayern Munich respectively as the best assist Kings in Europe while debryune got 20 assist.

BUT what the paper and the media does not tell you is that Messi got 21 assist from 68 big chances created ..... And Muller got 21 assist from 61 big chances created....... WHILE de-bruyne got 20 assist from 156 big chances created...

If you want to convert the chances to expected goals ratio using the standard set by both Bayern and Barcelona (21 assist from 68 chances), you will find out the their chances conversion to assist is at a ratio of 1:3 ( 1 assist for every 3 chances created) for both Muller and Messi................. If you want to use the same 1:3 standard conversion ratio on debryune at 156 chances, u will find out that at 1:3 ratio, debryune should be having 52 assists this season...................... So the problem with mancity (apart from defence ) are the strikers, mancity strikers are so wasteful in front of goal.... That is why debryune is not getting the right accolades he deserves
People see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear. Kevin is a beast and the best midfielder in the world presently.
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by Abdulkatcha(m): 1:58pm On Aug 17, 2020
KDB Aways the best fully deserve
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by Icon79(m): 3:12pm On Aug 17, 2020
This BS upon BS! The best player in the Premier League this last season was Sadio Mane. Anything else is Bosh it!

They just didn’t wanna give it to Mane. Gosh, they even gave the other award to Jordan Henderson. All these individual awards in a team sport is a joke anyway.

O pari

EbukaHades10:
Manchester City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne has been named Premier League Player of the Season for the 2019/20 campaign.

The Belgian playmaker beat Liverpool trio Jordan Henderson, Sadio Mane and Trent Alexander-Arnold, Southampton striker Danny Ings, Burnley goalkeeper Nick Pope and Leicester's Golden Boot winner Jamie Vardy to the award.

De Bruyne was the only Manchester City player to be nominated for the prize after they relinquished their Premier League title to Liverpool following two seasons as champions but even if City's domestic campaign fell short of their previous lofty standards, De Bruyne enjoyed his most productive season since arriving at the Etihad in 2015.

As well as recording 20 assists - equalling the league record set by Thierry Henry in 2003 - he also scored 13 times to help City finish as the division's highest scorers for the third successive season.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/12049266/kevin-de-bruyne-wins-premier-league-player-of-the-season
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by EbukaHades10(m): 5:43pm On Aug 17, 2020
Icon79:
This BS upon BS! The best player in the Premier League this last season was Sadio Mane. Anything else is Bosh it!

They just didn’t wanna give it to Mane. Gosh, they even gave the other award to Jordan Henderson. All these individual awards in a team sport is a joke anyway.

O pari

Mane has been awarded the PFA fans player of the season

1 Like

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Wins Premier League Player Of The Season by Icon79(m): 9:51pm On Aug 17, 2020
Very well deserved. All the other awards were jokes.

That’s why I am not a big fan of those individual awards in a team. It sometimes ends up being a popularity contest.

O pari

EbukaHades10:
Mane has been awarded the PFA fans player of the season

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Checkout These Throwback Photos Of Nigeria's First National Football Team / Wife's Witchcraft Destroyed Richard Kingson's Career / Man United's Champions League Hopes Are Over After Arsenal Defeat - Rangnick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.