Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,369 members, 7,900,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:48 PM

7 Realities Of Life After NYSC - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC (34706 Views)

Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys / Kaduna Corper Battling For Life After Soldier Assault In NYSC Camp. / Struggles After NYSC ... (Welcome To The Real World) - Meme Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Harrykn: 9:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
When your parents saw that your monthly pay is 33+, your sister said she needs exams fee. Life hard

1 Like

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by ezechi24(m): 9:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
All of una just dey say start business, start business... No be money them take dey start business?... No be money dem take dey register for skill acquisition?... Most people where just lucky to have family members that would help but for some people that does not have anyone to help how do you want them to start ...op dey say him shame for the guy wey wan buy okada...do you know how much okakda men make a day?...do you know that with good plans and peinciples in a year that guy would have made enough money to start up a good business?... See let's face reality squarely and stop beating around the bush...Nigeria school na biiiiggggg scam....atop all those your unnecessary praise for school... Education is the key but not in Africa...na only English we dey learn finish.

13 Likes

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Angelfrost(m): 9:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
maasoap:

My kids won't be victims of the Nigerian deceptive educational system. I will make sure that they're equipped with skills (most especially entrepreneurship skills) before graduating from the higher institutions. They need to be running their businesses before graduation

Same thoughts here... Makes no sense graduating and searching frantically for employment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Ryan03(f): 9:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
24hoursreporter:
OP you try. But do you expect me to read the entire article? angry grin undecided
lazy banana tongue
Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by ayanbaba2(m): 9:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
Coldie:

Not even that. During University/nysc days there are normally boys who parade themselves as big boys, wear clothes, wear sunglasses up and down even at nights, after nysc u would be surprised that plenty of those boys if u see them u would be like oboy everything dae ok

like this!

but, Nigeria condition is worrisome oooo!

if you want to work; no work... if you find one; the pay is...hmnnn

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Cblessing(m): 9:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
Mad o!

Emotional currency eats away a good chunk of ones time. Meanwhile, TIME is money.

Pavillon:
Very true write up,

but for me, I dumped my girlfriend few months after nysc, I couldn't afford extra baggage.. like i just sat down and i observed everything, Me that i cannot even fend for myself, still struggling hard to even get money to attend interviews and you expect me to be show love and care. Even tho shes not a demanding girl, but she was demanding for my time and attention which was all concentrated on finding and a job... and sometimes she always wants us to hangout,
Hnagout when I've calculated that in a week i will get an interview to attend, will i use my tfare to now hangout>

I just summoned courage and did the needful.

although some other factors are attached.

But my own is, if you are mentally,emotionally and financially not capable to keep a relationship after service, just end it and focus on yourself. Life after service is not funny.I thank God for life anyway
Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by jujhsa269: 9:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
Writercruze:

Source: https://sidehustlepoint.com/realities-of-life-after-nysc/

Greetings sir, I'm a student of UNIPORT. reading this article felt like you were talking directly to me.

Your message is awesome. You've seen life and I'll like to more from you because there's no better person to guide me other than one who has taken that route before

Also, I'll like to know the 6 skills you mention and how one can go about it.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Bluehill1051: 10:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
Riele:

LMAO. see your mouth.

What do you have to offer a 21-25 year old girl?

I love #4 . Yes of course your girlfriend just have to leave you, no one can tolerate a broke nigga even you won't tolerate yourself.
Waec starts tomorrow. You should be doing some revisions not here quoting adults post

2 Likes

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by maasoap(m): 10:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
Angelfrost:

Same thoughts here... Makes no sense graduating and searching frantically for employment.

My degree has been under my bed for the past ten years, I have learnt to survive without using it to work. People still tell me every now and then to go for master, master my left yansh.
I took 500k loan last week from Coop, 220k from NIRSAL and hopefully another 500k from Coop next week (there was delay already). They want me to go for master and come back and still be roaming the streets for jobs?
I took 1.2m loan two months ago from the Coop and 170k has been made in return already

3 Likes

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
ednut1:
Welcome to Nigeria where 90% of graduates are on instagram selling hair, bitcoin, shoes and bag. grin. Op is shading someone for thinking about okada, but the mini importation self is not easy when customs and customers deal with you eye go clear. People wey no go school dey also import. So let him do his okada in peace
leave am make e Dey speak English. Na so importation easy UNA go just Dey talk any how e easy na people Dey do seminar everywhere. Let the guy hustle e thing from bike to bus from bus to buses let him start something.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by darfay: 10:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
BrainRider:
Op Thank you for this piece.
I'm an undergraduate. I always wonder when I see a graduate return home to share same roof with his parents.

I've been saying I won't return home after graduation, right from 100l. I would rather remain where I am, receiving little help they can render while I face life.
Returning to my town makes no sense to me after spending 5yrs+ outside my state.
May God help me

Please stay in your state, Lagos is already overpopulated.
Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Angelfrost(m): 10:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
maasoap:

My degree has been under my bed for the past ten years, I have learnt to survive without using it to work. People still tell me every now and then to go for master, master my left yansh.
I took 500k loan last week from Coop, 220k from NIRSAL and hopefully another 500k from Coop next week (there was delay already). They want me to go for master and come back and still roaming the streets for jobs?
I took 1.2m loan two months ago from the Coop and 170k has been made in return already

That's exactly how it should be!!!... These are things no school will ever teach you.

Matter of fact, seems universities here are designed to actually waste the productive time of young people... Cos, I can't understand how a nation with so many raw materials, untapped resources, etc, will have able bodied individuals scrambling for remnants called salaried jobs.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Karleb(m): 10:40pm On Aug 16, 2020
Why is this post tailored towards guys? undecided
Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Kanoski(m): 10:41pm On Aug 16, 2020
Well.
I started learning plumbing immediately b4 my 100l even though the learning process is really slow.
I also learnt how to do laundry business though I left it cus of the high level of competition in my area.
Am also thinking of learning electrical/electronic repairs cus thats what am studying in the university sef.
Whenever I go to sites to learn plumbing with my oga, n maybe the site engineer or contractor finds out that am student studying electrical engineering, the will be like wat am I doing as a plumber grin since plumbing is under mechanical.

Well I just believe that no knowledge is a waste, n am still interested in learning more skills.

The plan is to not depend on anyone for anything after my NYSC.

I also will like more contributions on other skills that I could venture into . Thanks

4 Likes

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by maasoap(m): 10:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
Angelfrost:

That's exactly how it should be!!!... These are things no school will ever teach you.

Matter of fact, seems universities here are designed to actually waste the productive time of young people... Cos, I can't understand how a nation with so many raw materials, untapped resources, etc, will have able bodied individuals scrambling for remnants called salaried jobs.

Nigerian Higher institutions should be mandated to include Entrepreneurship skill acquisition in their courses for all students.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 10:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nice One, you can start blogging Business and I promise you one thing, you will thank me later.
Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by senatepresido: 10:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
Fmlao:
Nice one OP.
I have a story to share about my the timeline of my life after nysc. I collected my discharge certificate by march this year.
If someone wants me to post how i have been living

Pls, quote me
share bro... I collected mine same time
Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by maasoap(m): 10:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
Kanoski:
Well.
I started learning plumbing immediately b4 my 100l even though the learning process is really slow.
I also learnt how to do laundry business though I left it cus of the high level of competition in my area.
Am also thinking of learning electrical/electronic repairs cus thats what am studying in the university sef.
Whenever I go to sites to learn plumbing with my oga, n maybe the site engineer or contractor finds out that am student studying electrical engineering, the will be like wat am I doing as a plumber grin since plumbing is under mechanical.

Well I just believe that no knowledge is a waste, n am still interested in learning more skills.

The plan is to not depend on anyone for anything after my NYSC.

I also will like more contributions on other skills that I could into. Thanks

Well, I have a brother who was leaning terrazzo, tiling, cement works and POP before gaining admission to study Physics Electronics at a federal University. He started going to sites to work on Saturdays and Sundays, then he would return to his boss during holidays. Today, he's a boss and winning big and small contracts everywhere with his apprentices doing most of the work. Stay focus

1 Like

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by osejie17(m): 10:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
#4 is certain
Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Kanoski(m): 11:02pm On Aug 16, 2020
maasoap:

Well, I have a brother who was leaning terrazzo, tiling, cement works and POP before gaining admission to study Physics Electronics at a federal University. He started going to sites to work on Saturdays and Sundays, then he would return to his boss during holidays. Today, he's a boss and winning big and small contracts everywhere with his apprentices doing most of the work. Stay focus

Thanks 4 ur response man.
Ur brother is really doing well.

My only issue is that av gone deep into plumbing cus I started learning b4 I got admission even though I had always wanted to be an electrical engineer.
Picking up another skill is not really an issue bt u know wat the say na..
U can't serve two masters at a time.
:-

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Gideon283: 11:07pm On Aug 16, 2020
I know that more than 2million Nigerians don't have anything doing at all to bring food to the table. In fact most them have taken it as a norm to eat just 2 Square meals daily.

As a graduate; haven't gone through the huddles in the university, went to NYSC, you'll then park your bags to stay with your parents. Days, months and even years passes by, yet you haven't left your house to go anywhere for work.

At a point your parent will start considering you to be fruitless because you haven't put in any effort to be industrious enough to provide for yourself talk more of fending for the family which they are expecting from you. You still leave with them just like your junior ones in secondary school.

Worst part is that you'll still be expecting money from them of which they won't give you again unlike before. Dreams seems to be lost on you.

Most times you might find yourself thinking about your predicament without arriving at a solution.

Look, if you're passing through all these, you better take action now because by next year you'll be older and probably be seen as more useless than now.

I have taught everything (A-Z) about mini importation on this thread I created, all what you need to do is save up to N30,000 and start immediately to get yourself out of the mud of poverty.

Angel won't fly from heaven to deliver you on earth, but through taking advantage of opportunities. WE ONLY SEE CHANGES WHEN ACTION IS TAKEN!

https://www.nairaland.com/5928560/ship-goods-1688-nigeriasell-online

1 Like

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Youngsenate1993(m): 11:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
Las las God no go shame us
Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Flows001(m): 11:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
maasoap:

Nigerian Higher institutions should be mandated to include Entrepreneurship skill acquisition in their courses for all students.
The school I graduated from offers it as a compulsory course for all faculties(where students re given the liberty to pick a skill out of the diverse skills under the scheme and learn). The discouraging thing there is that one doesn't get enough time to really master any skill he/she has chosen due to the short timing (one year) and it's not easy to dedicate one's attention learning a skill while attending hectic lectures at the same time but it's a foundational start though. At least I can brag about having a foundational knowledge on paint making now, all one needs to do is to expand such knowledge in any given opportunity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Coldie(m): 11:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nuttella:
cheesycheesycheesy
Babe e be like say u know d matter
Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Fmlao: 11:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
senatepresido:
share bro... I collected mine same time
I ve shared it. I ve modified my previous post
Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Fmlao: 11:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
AIT1:

Oya share

Check the post that u quoted. I have modified it
Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Fmlao: 11:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
I quote u ... Now tell us
Check the post u quoted
I have modified it
Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by vheckthor1: 11:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
Skill is very important in life, no one will pay you a dime for being alive if you don't have any value to offer.

1 Like

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Respect55(m): 12:02am On Aug 17, 2020
24hoursreporter:
OP you try. But do you expect me to read the entire article? angry grin undecided
No. Why would you since it's not about Ericca and kiddwaya undecided

1 Like

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Yamleg: 12:24am On Aug 17, 2020
Fmlao:
Nice one OP.
I have a story to share about my the timeline of my life after nysc. I collected my discharge certificate by march this year.
If someone wants me to post how i have been living

Pls, quote me

My post has been quoted
Let me share my timeline
I collected my certificate by march 5. I served in Ogun state. Ijoko to be precise.
The certificate collection was on Thursday, i comot reach ogbomoso the next day.

By Monday, I resume to a nursery and primary school in my area. Though, I once worked with the proprietor b4. I was given yoruba teacher for primary 4&5...as a hustler, I didn't argue.
I had to look for another sch looking for emergency teacher, i became phe teacher, part time in another sec sch in the area
Boom, on the 23rd of march, school closure. I sha go collect half salary jejely.

As a sharp guy, i started lesson for waec students in my area and pry sch pupils
500 naira per week for ss class students
30 naira per day for pry pupils
Sometimes, I have like 8k per week after settling my feeding and d teachers.

Oh, i have some savings b4 i went for nysc. I entered cooperative.. Young nigga, borrowed loan. Find a land in a new area. Cheap land tho. I started the sch building. Now I have a nursery and primary school to call my own which will resume when the new session starts.
I dey enter from house to house to canvass for pupils but d parents have nt really show interest.

People have applied for a teaching job here. I only interviewed a lady, she has nce. I told her to resume with the sch.

I sat down and think abt my life.
God is indeed wonderful

I just pray my new sch get blessed and being able to repay the loan.

Please after this never take loan to start a business.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by paul100(m): 12:34am On Aug 17, 2020
maasoap:

I took 500k loan last week from Coop, 220k from NIRSAL and hopefully another 500k from Coop next week (there was delay already). They want me to go for master and come back and still be roaming the streets for jobs?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina / ABUJA-FCT NYSC B'15. Let's Meet Here / Automatic Employment If You Marry An Indigene- Gov Al-Makura Tells Corpers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.