Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,599 members, 7,941,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 10:55 PM

Let Us Talk Audi’s - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Let Us Talk Audi’s (2318 Views)

Checkout How This Audi R8 Was Transformed In Nigeria (photos) / Audi Ditches Russian Doll Car Design So That You Can Differentiate All Its Model / Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by weyreypey: 6:10pm On Aug 17, 2020
AutoshalomUSA:

Abuja has a lot of unorganized and underground street racing , Thanks to the good roads there .
Motorsports could be another form of entertainment and leisure for Nigerians , because of our love for cars, we could be racing, breaking and rebuilding cars to go faster and louder , but this culture isnt popular yet in Naija .

Izzit the same Abuja people perish anyhow on the roads? Or the airport road that you pull pieces of car parts from errytime? Be realistic and responsible.... Audi is dead in Nigeria. kapish
Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by AutoshalomUSA: 2:44am On Aug 18, 2020
Progress Photos of the Allroad restoration project .

Disassembly begins ..... Enter the “ loafer mechanic “

P.S - I am not a professional mechanic, but an ardent machine enthusiast! (Hobbyists)

Here at AutoShalom USA, we have professional auto mechanics that works on clients vehicles as well as a full auto body shop .

This Allroad project is my personal project ..... Follow along

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by AutoshalomUSA: 2:52am On Aug 18, 2020
Degreasing procedure , and more disassembly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by kingreign(m): 6:34am On Aug 18, 2020
Your post reminds me of Siena in UK. cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:55am On Aug 18, 2020
kingreign:
Your post reminds me of Siena in UK. cry cry

This is the kind of content we need here.

4 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by AutoshalomUSA: 5:18pm On Aug 18, 2020
Just a fresh read about the All new 2020 Audi S4 - A disruptive luxury sport sedan ( saloon ) . Check it out .

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by GCFR696(m): 5:18pm On Aug 18, 2020
AutoshalomUSA:

Abuja has a lot of unorganized and underground street racing , Thanks to the good roads there .
Motorsports could be another form of entertainment and leisure for Nigerians , because of our love for cars, we could be racing, breaking and rebuilding cars to go faster and louder , but this culture isnt popular yet in Naija .

Because "this culture" isn't pocket friendly; strictly for enthusiasts.
I'm a Honda person but have always had a thing for Audis (2013 A4 to be specific) but the complex nature of it's operation has always made me skeptical about the brand.
Take a look at that all-roader you pulled apart, see where them hide alternator abeg shocked

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by AutoshalomUSA: 6:00pm On Aug 18, 2020
Audi is well known for its complex engine designs . Their engineers are able to integrate advanced mechanical , electrical ,computer, and more recent digital technologies into a 5ft x 3ft engine bay .

Their design capabilities are impeccable, but it does have a draw back in maintenance and repair situations.
Thanks to advances in engine designs, newer Audi’s are a lot easier to access the components their in.

Audi is an engineering and design wonder. It screams high tech, sophistication, class, agile and yet comfortable.

If you would buy any used Audi , please save yourself future mechanical headaches and bring the car into a shop for one or some of these maintenance steps.

Timing Belt and Serpentine Belt Replacement —— Sluggish driving
Spark Plug and Coil Pack Replacement. - Cylinder misfire ( jerking)
Valve Cover Gasket replacement —— Oil leaks
Camshaft and Crankshaft Seal Replacement —— Oil leaks
Thermostat and Water Pump Replacement — Overheating

These maintenance procedures are usually the most common repairs done to most Audi’s as reported by mechanics .

Doing any of these will help give you an almost new car, just our thoughts

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:25pm On Aug 18, 2020
Audi mechanical design is...well, the less said the better. grin
Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by weyreypey: 7:26pm On Aug 18, 2020
Only a madman will buy this car with the hidden alternator.

In fact a very madman

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by weyreypey: 7:28pm On Aug 18, 2020
AutoshalomUSA:
Degreasing procedure , and more disassembly.
Is it not the same VW Audi engine that you have the timing chain between engine and transmission?

Talk of mindless madness

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by GCFR696(m): 9:07pm On Aug 18, 2020
weyreypey:

Is it not the same VW Audi engine that you have the timing chain between engine and transmission?

Talk of mindless madness
You are not being fair oooo grin grin
#weloveAudi
Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by AutoshalomUSA: 12:59am On Aug 19, 2020
Audi’s are complex cars , it’s not a car for everyone . It isn’t cheap to maintain either. But if you treat it well , it will serve you .

Benz has prestige and class , but lack performance, hence AMG , mclaren’s and brabus specs.
The Benz C , E and S class models are usually compared side by side with the Audi A4 , A6, and A8 models , the results are usually impressive on the side of the Audi , but Benz wins the price contest for being too expensive.

Ofcourse Benz trucks deliver a level of class . But these are not pocket friendly models.

See pics of the Allroad progress .

Engine has been set to Top Dead Center (Cylinder 1).
Cam bar support attached to ensure proper timing.
Timing/Serpentine belt and components removed.
Water pump and thermostat removed .

Hang In tight

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by AutoshalomUSA: 1:13am On Aug 19, 2020
Following up removing most components on the Allroad.
Valve cover removed , cylinder heads looks good .
Removing the passenger side valve cover was a pain , it fought back so much that I broke the EGR ( Kombi) Valve stem. So I’ll order a new valve stem ..

New parts arrived so far
Gaskets, seals, belts, pulleys, WP , etc.

It’s a Work in Progress !

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:40am On Aug 19, 2020
AutoshalomUSA:
Audi’s are complex cars , it’s not a car for everyone . It isn’t cheap to maintain either. But if you treat it well , it will serve you .

[b]Benz has prestige and class , but lack performance, [/b]hence AMG , mclaren’s and brabus specs.
The Benz C , E and S class models are usually compared side by side with the Audi A4 , A6, and A8 models , the results are usually impressive on the side of the Audi , but Benz wins the price contest for being too expensive.

Ofcourse Benz trucks deliver a level of class . But these are not pocket friendly models.

See pics of the Allroad progress .

Engine has been set to Top Dead Center (Cylinder 1).
Cam bar support attached to ensure proper timing.
Timing/Serpentine belt and components removed.
Water pump and thermostat removed .

Hang In tight

Bold statement. AMG has been dominating RS for years.
Audi's fastest car, the R8, doesn't touch Mercedes' fastest, the GTR Black Series.

The E63s and GT63s are both leagues faster than the RS6 and RS7. The S4 isn't faster than the C43. Very curious how you got to that conclusion.

I do admit that Audi has better interiors these days, though. But Mercedes has the better engines and chassis by far.
Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by oginga: 11:39am On Aug 19, 2020
Think Audi if you want luxury, speed, comfort and durability. I have used Audi TT and I currently have A6 as my back up car, I can categorically say that it's a nice car and pocket friendly.
Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 27, 2020
How much for fixing the oil leaks?
Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by TRYGO(m): 10:05pm On Aug 27, 2020
I'm not an Audi fan, bit I love/like your thread.

What do you think about an Audi A6 2011 sedan.

Its a V6 3.0l. Has awesome HP, and torque even at low end.

I'm considering using that vehicle as a donor, for an engine swap on a non Audi brand.

Is that engine a rear wheel drive, or FWD?

Thanks for shedding more light sir.

Regards,
Joseph
Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by harqinhola(m): 6:28pm On Mar 14, 2023
have a Nigerian used Audi A4 2008/09 model .

Engine - 70%
Body - 80%
Ac. - 90%

Defects
Needs servicing
Minor body work (first body)
Shock absorbers
Battery replacement

PRICE - 1.1 m BUY AND DRIVE

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's The Real Issue With Nissan Murano? / Problem With Honda Pilot 2004 / Mercedes Ml350 2010 Vs Lexus Rx 350 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.