Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,448 members, 7,947,825 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 09:26 AM

Benin influence on yorubas part 2 - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Benin influence on yorubas part 2 (2561 Views)

The Ijebu, The Yoruba And Their Influence On The Bible And Judaism / Benin Influence On Yorubas / How Islam Came Into Yoruba Land And It's Influence On Their Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by Nobody: 4:40am On Oct 15, 2020
hhhh
Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by gregyboy(m): 5:07am On Oct 15, 2020
Mrbillionaire:
@Gregyboy
Forget about Ado Benin whatever. Were the heads of deceased Oba of Benin used to be cut off and taken to Ile Ife for burial?

Second, The two empires then were Oyo and Benin empires; so the Oyo used to address the Benin as Ado e.g Ado Ekiti because the Benin empire was once dominant in Ekitiland.

Though 'Yoruba' is just a coinage from the Hausa used to address people under the old Oyo Empire; they all still came from Ile Ife with the exception of Ijebus; Ijebus are good friends to Oduduwa descendants and have become part of them; that's why you'd hear Ijebu -Ijesa, Ijebu-Owu, Ijebu-Remo etc.

Oga, you cannot divide us, if you don't want to be part of us, stay in your small village for Ijaws to later conquer your land. please, don't remember that you're related to Oduduwa people when it happens o.

Finally, Oduduwa nation does not even need criminals, armed robbers and prostitutes like you people, to excel.

Yoruba muslim still pokenosing into issues that doesn't concern them, your attention should be faced to the northern history not southern

Anyway no, benin-ife myth was a political stunt oba eweka11 made up for diplomatic purpose for the edo people who were recovering from the war the empire had with the British joining the emerging country nigeria he needed some support politically, in return he had accepted he was an oduduwa son to get the political favour the edo needed,

Same way yoruba entity was a made up political group to strengthen the various speakers of yoruba people for political benefits in nigeria there was a need to claim one ancestory oduduwa, who probably never existed but was just a mere idol in ife, then they made the chief priest of thiz idol ooni of ife a king which was done by awolowo, after removing the alafin of oyo who was against is political ambitions

See yoruba muslim, we, the binis or our oba has no business historically with ife or oyo, especially ife, ife and benin never crossed part until the creation of nigeria, so get that fact at the back of your mind, except you want to prove me wrong
Which i would allow you first we will make a bet to make it interesting

Oyo also was not an empire, if you insit it was then prove it.....

muslim boy abi afonja go meet your masters in the north the sultan is your king

I rather be a prostitute than be the second largest tribe in nigeria and yet the biggest coward in the country

You sell us and sell yourself cheaply to your masters in the north, by 2050 majourity of yorubas will be Muslim just in a bid to enjoy political favours from their masters, up north

If you're to take statistics of people committing crime in edo or benin you will see most of them are not edo or benin, i watch the news everyday, so please get your fact right, before you disgrace yourself beyond this
Re: Benin influence on yorubas part 2 by gregyboy(m): 5:14am On Oct 15, 2020
Mrbillionaire:
I know you people problem; because Oranmiyan came all the way from Ile I've and conquered your land, that's why you're still pained.

Oranmiyan said when he died, he must be buried Ile Ife; that's why your kings' head were buried there before it was stopped just to obliterate history.

Na by force? Baba say carry my body go home.

Oranmiyan, the conqueror of Igodomi..... abeg finish am.

I tell history from a research perspective unlike you, who swim on made up shit

Can you even prove oyo and ife had a close relationship historically....

Lets start with that

Because i have read were yoruba kings were pointing that alafin had no connection to oduduwa stool, at all

If you can prove this, then we can now talk if oromiyan came to benin

I will be waiting for your fact not myth

Lets begin to tell history the way it is, not the way they said

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladi Kwali, Nigeria's Famous Potter / Cats / I Have Sex Only With Dead Bodies – Mortuary Attendant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.