Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,836 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:49 AM

Killings: Southern Kaduna Leaders Want Brown Envelopes, Says El-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Killings: Southern Kaduna Leaders Want Brown Envelopes, Says El-rufai (179 Views)

Arewa Leaders Want North, South West Political Alliance To Grow / Femi Adesina: Past Political Leaders Want To Overthrow Government / Godfatherism: My Comment Not For Tinubu, Says El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Killings: Southern Kaduna Leaders Want Brown Envelopes, Says El-rufai by Joshuam1(m): 10:53am On Aug 17, 2020
Kaduna State Governor , Nasir el - Rufai, says Southern Kaduna leaders accusing him of taking sides want to be “ appeased ” but notes that his administration will not grease the palms of trouble - makers . “ I have no time for nonsense . I will not appease criminals . I will not appease idle people who have nothing to do but to raise a spectre of genocide . They do that to get money into their bank accounts and get donations from abroad instead of standing up , ” the governor said during an interview on Channels Television’ s programme , Sunday Politics . The southern part of the state has experienced the worst form of carnage in recent times with hundreds of residents murdered by bandits and other enemies of peace .
But the governor , on Sunday evening , said the crisis rocking the region has a 40 - year history and past and present governments have tried to stabilise it . El- Rufai, however, countered the claim by Magaji that he is taking sides , saying , “ Anyone that is moderate anyone that is promoting peaceful co - existence between various ethnic groups is considered a sellout . And a governor like me, who does not appease them because they are used to being appeased , they cause troubles , they organise these killings and then , their leaders are invited by the governor , they wine and dine and they are given brown envelopes . That ’ s what they have been doing for 20 years . “ And we came into office and we said no more , nobody who does not encourage peaceful co - existence will have access to the governor or the Government House. I have no time for them . I am using the security agents to carefully mark them and when we accumulate enough evidence , we will get them and put them before a judge . ” He added , “ Most of the people saying that have no means of livelihood; they were living off the governments . The governments before us were paying them money every month , they called it peace money . We stopped it . This is why they say I am taking sides . Whatever they say , I take it . I am the governor of the state . If they don’ t abuse me, who will they abuse ? “ But let the facts speak for themselves . Let them contradict any fact that we say . We have the facts . We have the security agencies . We have information more than any of them and we know what we are doing and we know what we are spending to try keep Southern Kaduna safe . “ For years , every Commission of Inquiry said there should be a permanent military base in Southern Kaduna. We established it . There have been service chiefs from Southern Kaduna in the military base .
Re: Killings: Southern Kaduna Leaders Want Brown Envelopes, Says El-rufai by Mynd44: 10:58am On Aug 17, 2020

(1)

Three Years After, Osinbajo Praised For His Unflinching Loyalty, Dedication / He Has Not Built A Kiosk For Any Person, Udom Taunts Buhari’s Aide / Akwa Ibom APC And Their Regular Display Of Psychosis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.