Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,429 members, 7,950,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 06:33 AM

2023: Build Bridges With Other Parts Of The Country - Fani-kayode To Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Build Bridges With Other Parts Of The Country - Fani-kayode To Igbos (579 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra / Femi Fani-Kayode To Emir Sanusi: You Are Reaping What You Sowed / Femi Fani-Kayode To Okorocha: 'Judas Of Igboland, Stop Crying' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Build Bridges With Other Parts Of The Country - Fani-kayode To Igbos by IamHeWrites: 12:22pm On Aug 17, 2020
Femi Fani-Kayode, the former Aviation Minister has urged Igbos to build bridges with other parts of the country to enable them win the presidential seat of Nigeria in 2023.

This appeal was made by the former Aviation Minister while speaking with journalists in Onitsha, Anambra State during a visit to the governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano on Sunday, where he expressed hope that Igbo Presidency was realisable, Igbere TV reports.

Fani-Kayode said the presidency is not too much of a position for the people of the South East region to ask for, considering their contributions to the country.

He said the realization of the project would give Igbo people a sense of belonging in the Nigerian nation and serve as compensation for their loss during the civil war.

“Igbo man has never led the country and it is a sad thing for some of us that no Igbo man has ever ruled the country. It is one of the things that should be done to ensure stability

“It is realisable, and it is incumbent on the people of the South East to ensure they win the support of people of other regions. A lot of work needs to be done. It (Igbo presidency) is due and will go a long way to stop agitations and make the Igbo feel they are part and parcel of Nigeria.

“We can ameliorate the pains of the past and make up for it. No part of Nigeria has ever lost over three million people in a crisis, so it can serve as compensation. If it is going to be achieved, we must ensure we win support in all parts of the country,” he said.

Igbere TV reports that the former minister said he was in Anambra as part of a tour of some states in the country he scheduled to visit since after the COVID-19 lockdown.

“We were in Enugu yesterday (Saturday) and will be going to five other states before going back to Abuja. I am here to see what has been going on in Anambra, interact with the governor and see things that are going on here.

“I am here as a member of the PDP and for me, it is not about party, but about how well the state governor has been able to take the state. I can confess that I have seen a lot of what your governor is doing here. Before now, the state was rife with kidnapping and other violent crimes. I urge Anambra people to remember what the state was before Obiano came, and appreciate him.

“We should encourage Obiano. I have seen good development in terms of the international airport being constructed by the governor. We just ran down the runway and it is the longest runway in the country. And it is the biggest in the country so far.

“The project will dwarf every other airport in the country and also draw development to the state. I am a former aviation minister, and I should be able to tell you about the project I saw on the ground. I am sorry that the governor is packaging it (airport) as a surprise, and I have let the cat out of the bag.”

He urged Obiano to ensure that the right person succeeds him, to ensure that his legacies are maintained.

https://igberetvnews.com/1361626/2023-fani-kayode-urges-igbos-push-presidency/

Lalasticlala

Re: 2023: Build Bridges With Other Parts Of The Country - Fani-kayode To Igbos by helinues: 12:23pm On Aug 17, 2020
grin

Me Singing Ire by Adekunle Gold

The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side
That’s What I Thought, Before I Took The Ride
I Burned My Bridges, So I’d Never Look Back
But, If I Had Known

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Build Bridges With Other Parts Of The Country - Fani-kayode To Igbos by JAMO84: 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2020
2023: Burn down bridges with other parts of the country - JAMO84 to Igbos

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Build Bridges With Other Parts Of The Country - Fani-kayode To Igbos by laiperi: 12:48pm On Aug 17, 2020
FFK take your time o, traitor.

Igbo are going to force and threaten them into submission.

Just watch! grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Build Bridges With Other Parts Of The Country - Fani-kayode To Igbos by Ezeama400: 12:54pm On Aug 17, 2020
Stories..

How many bridges did Yoruba build in 1999 ?..
They were given presidency to compasate them due to Abiola's stolen mandate despite not being their preferred candidate...

In 2007, Yaradua came in because North believed it's their turn to rule and Jonathan was made his running mate inorder to reduce the tension in ND region... So which bridge is this man talking about ?

What is good for Funke is Is also good for Adobi..

I have said this several times and I will say it again, If by 2023 the presidency doesn't come from Igbo extraction, expect Igbo leaders to join the IPOB movement which is even what IPOB is praying for... Only God knows if Nigeria will survive it or not..

And to those saying that Igbos should demand the presidency From PDP, what happened to Igbos of APC ?, don't they have the right to contest election under the political party they belong to ?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Build Bridges With Other Parts Of The Country - Fani-kayode To Igbos by longetivity(m): 1:04pm On Aug 17, 2020
This is hilarious
Re: 2023: Build Bridges With Other Parts Of The Country - Fani-kayode To Igbos by SpecialAdviser(m): 1:06pm On Aug 17, 2020
Nonsense people be making noise about building bridges. I don't blame them anyway, I blame useless Igbo leaders that have in the past supported candidates from other regions without a clears cut agreement on how they will reciprocate such support.
Re: 2023: Build Bridges With Other Parts Of The Country - Fani-kayode To Igbos by BlowYourMind: 1:11pm On Aug 17, 2020
If they like they should not build bridge, 2023 - 2035 is gone but 2039 can be theirs if they are wise

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Build Bridges With Other Parts Of The Country - Fani-kayode To Igbos by MsAllison(f): 1:14pm On Aug 17, 2020
the worst thing that can happen to you as a freedom fighter is to include an afonja or partner with an afonja man

They can sell you out any day any time for a plate of gbegiri
Re: 2023: Build Bridges With Other Parts Of The Country - Fani-kayode To Igbos by festacman(m): 1:16pm On Aug 17, 2020
IPOB adviser.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Build Bridges With Other Parts Of The Country - Fani-kayode To Igbos by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 17, 2020
Very true
The hate must stop
United South is all we want
Re: 2023: Build Bridges With Other Parts Of The Country - Fani-kayode To Igbos by techmo(m): 1:43pm On Aug 17, 2020
MsAllison:
the worst thing that can happen to you as a freedom fighter is to include an afonja or partner with an afonja man

cool

Why not sell useless Ipobians for a plate of delicious gbegiri? Even their kerosene Governors proscribed them for less

Fani Kayode the Zamfara and Ibo chief spoke well, even with intense party politics Abba Kyari was his pal, school mate, Oxford class mate, till the end, and his women included Bianca Ojukwu, and his Ibo wife

Fani just gave Ibos advise, and even tried help build the bridge

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Build Bridges With Other Parts Of The Country - Fani-kayode To Igbos by QuotaSystem: 2:01pm On Aug 17, 2020
FFK has misled, used and dumped IPOB yewts into political irrelevance by inciting them into extreme hatred of the North, while he smartly trots to Zamfara to collect a chieftancy title and instead of telling them how to achieve their aim, returns to start preaching that they build the same bridges he deceived and led them to burn.

FFK might actually be smarter than we thought cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Build Bridges With Other Parts Of The Country - Fani-kayode To Igbos by techmo(m): 2:15pm On Aug 17, 2020
Ezeama400:
Stories..

How many bridges did Yoruba build in 1999 ?..
They were given presidency to compasate them due to Abiola's stolen mandate despite not being their preferred candidate...

In 2007, Yaradua came in because North believed it's their turn to rule and Jonathan was made his running mate inorder to reduce the tension in ND region... So which bridge is this man talking about ?

What is good for Funke is Is also good for Adobi..

I have said this several times and I will say it again, If by 2023 the presidency doesn't come from Igbo extraction, expect Igbo leaders to join the IPOB movement which is even what IPOB is praying for... Only God knows if Nigeria will survive it or not..

And to those saying that Igbos should demand the presidency From PDP, what happened to Igbos of APC ?, don't they have the right to contest election under the political party they belong to ?

Abiola from Ogun State died for democracy suffering months of incarceration leaving his billions and comfort to fight, he lost his wife while she was fighting hard

Gen Shehu Yar'Adua died in custody for democracy even as a military General, a Fulani man from Katsina he stood by Abiola , and Democracy till the end all General Yar'Adua needed to say was I support you Abacha and his status would had been returned

What has any Ibo man contributed to merit a consensus candidate? What sacrifice? Ogbonaya Onu contested against Olu falae, Dr Alex Ekwueme contested against Obasanjo in 1998 election

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Build Bridges With Other Parts Of The Country - Fani-kayode To Igbos by NGpatriot: 2:23pm On Aug 17, 2020
Crackhead cocaine addict, you want them to build bridges after leading them astray with your ignorant and devisibe rhetorics...

Even self, building bridges is not part of their DNA, their prefered methods are insults, abuse, bigotry and tribalism,

Bunch of clowns..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Build Bridges With Other Parts Of The Country - Fani-kayode To Igbos by Guestlander: 5:04pm On Aug 17, 2020
MsAllison:

Coming from people who demolish each other's properties with bulldozers. Who wants to partner with you in the first place?

Face of hypocrisy �

Signature: dear nairalanders let's shun tribalism and hatred and move on as one family.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Build Bridges With Other Parts Of The Country - Fani-kayode To Igbos by goodnessme1(f): 6:06pm On Aug 17, 2020
Build bridge with hateful beings.

Who does that?

(1) (Reply)

Edo2020: Between An Obaseki And Ize Iyamu Supporter (pic) / ‘21’ IPOB Members, Two DSS Operatives Killed In Enugu Clash (see Video) / See What This Politician Was Caught Doing In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.