Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,126 members, 7,887,255 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:40 AM

Lauretta Onochie To Oyedepo Over Rejection Of CAMA: Build Your Own Country - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lauretta Onochie To Oyedepo Over Rejection Of CAMA: Build Your Own Country (64239 Views)

Onochie To Peter Obi: You Failed Anambra; Go Home, You Can't Be President / "Don't Make More Enemies For Buhari" - Lauretta Onochie To 'Name Droppers' / Continue Praising Buhari – Onochie To Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lauretta Onochie To Oyedepo Over Rejection Of CAMA: Build Your Own Country by TheOgaBoss: 8:31pm On Aug 25, 2020
authority2006:

There is freedom of association and speech in Nigeria to a large extent. Our problem is that we don't know when our freedom start to constitute security threats. Imagine calling and protesting for revolution, self determination and all that craps which can easily snowball into chaos, crisis.
Back to the topic, let us all abide by the law so that it can get better. It doesn't make sense when you surrendered to law and scrutiny in UK but screaming to heaven in Nigeria and threatening fire and brimstone
because UK govt is responsible, Nigeria govt is irresponsible
Re: Lauretta Onochie To Oyedepo Over Rejection Of CAMA: Build Your Own Country by authority2006(m): 4:58pm On Aug 27, 2020
TheOgaBoss:
because UK govt is responsible, Nigeria govt is irresponsible

That's why we shouldn't try to do the right again? Are we now making things better or worse for ourselves if continue believing this misconceptions and acting accordingly?
Re: Lauretta Onochie To Oyedepo Over Rejection Of CAMA: Build Your Own Country by ddeola: 6:49am On Aug 28, 2020
Mumu. You need to go and receive lecture from Reno. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Lauretta Onochie To Oyedepo Over Rejection Of CAMA: Build Your Own Country by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 28, 2020
sexylassie2:

Churches do not pay tax, they are NGOS or not for profit making
grin but we all know it's a lie (I speak for Pentecostal churches not orthodox please)
Re: Lauretta Onochie To Oyedepo Over Rejection Of CAMA: Build Your Own Country by TheCork(m): 4:52pm On Sep 04, 2020
janeedema:
Those quoting that the Church should obey all of the government's instruction against it, because the Bible says so, are grossly misinformed.

The Bible also states to give to God what is God's and to Caesar what is Caesar's.

The monies we give as donation and offerings have already been taxed for Christ's sakes.

What's the government doing with all the monies in their coffers? Except bagging the poverty headquarters of the world, with huge debts on its neck.

The Church was the primary means of livelihood for most homes during this pandemic, whilst the government orchestrated plans to siphon funds that could have made the lives of the masses better.

How much more money does the government need? VAT increased with no increment in salary amidst the aggravated hardship.

Take it or leave it: the Church is the most functional entity in Nigeria. Their employees are paid on time, and you hardly hear of a church that has gone bankrupt.

This should tell the state something:

In the Bible, the Prophet Daniel of old upheld God's Word and was ready to burn in the stakes instead of obeying a government's injunction.

So, daring the audacity of the government by Papa Oyedepo wouldn't be anything strange-- for the state is overstepping its boundaries.

If these mega churches had squandered the monies received by members, the government will have nothing to be eyeing.

Lazy government. Kindly go and take a long sleep for on this one, you have failed.

Lauretta and co, should go and imbibe the ways of the Church and be wise, for a progressive Nigeria. Envying affluent men of God is completely unnecessary.

If it's easy to get people to be gullible, everyone would have a thriving church.

Nevertheless, I believe that until the church rises up as one and speak with one voice, the state may keep advancing.

I truly wish we had more Christians like Papa Oyedepo and Pst. Chris-- with audacity.

When the state started dictating how services should be run all in the name of COVID19, I knew there would be more stringent rules coming, as they have been tasting their might.

Christianity isn't "zombiesm". No! It's not.

If you're a Christian and you're applauding this move, I am truly sorry for you.

Know this: persecuting God's church is tantamount to persecuting Christ, and there is the warfare dimension of the God we worship.

We shall surely overcome.

^^^story

Anyways, babes I have 200 naira, cash ready for u for juss 1 minutes important jobs. I am a Londoner & I hav moiney. Are u intarested? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Yoruba Youths Hoist Oduduwa Republic Flags In Lagos / Bola Tinubu Novelty Birthday Match At Onikan Stadium / “life As President Muhammadu Buhari’s Daughter” – 20-year-old Zahra Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.