Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,034 members, 7,949,526 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 12:14 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (411374 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 10:25pm On Mar 27, 2011
Those things are electrical fittings for the house, shavers in the bath, tv/radio faceplate (as all rooms will be wired the hotel style), door access control (for the master suite. This is 21st century who needs a key).

I told you that I've been off the site for some months now attending to other businesses while gathering momentum for the next stage. The roof pic is on my digital cam which is not here with me.

The pic below are the Dimmer Switch for the Lobby, Bedrooms and the Original Ceiling Rose (unlike the N50 type being sold in Nigeria).

OLUWA CHAMPION!!! AT THIS LEVEL, SPEND LIKE NO MAN BUSINESS. THIS IS WHERE THE BEAUTY OF YOUR PROJECT COMES OUT. I LIKE TO SHOW OFF,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 11:25pm On Mar 27, 2011
^^ Confirma!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by benimeogu(f): 3:12am On Mar 28, 2011
my Plumbing quotations

The Plumber is charging me N180K for piping only. It is an 8 bedroom duplex, about 10,000 sq feet.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 3:41am On Mar 28, 2011
^^ For the plumbing work, I believe I got the best price anybody can boast of
My plumber is charging me 50k for 4 toilet/bathroom. Including the kitchen work
and funny enough, the 50k is for the piping and the finishing/fixing of the accessories!!!

Also base on your quotation quotation, I think you are not getting the best pipes.
My plumber gave me a quoation of about 67,000 for the piping work.
But when we got to the market, I spent 135k for the piping materials only
Reason; the quotation he gave me was just for a normal piping.
When I started taking the original stuffs, the price had to increase
But you bet, I won't have to buy them again!!!!
Like for example, I bough 35 PVC pipes just like you,
and it cost me N57,750 @ 1650 per pipe and they are
3mm tick. I stood on it, and the thing didn't even com-press!
The one you are giving quotation for is the N800 own sha!
My advice is that, you go there with him to buy those things
and also, 120k should be him workmanship for the piping and
fixing of the accessories. Or you get some other persons!!!!!!!
Again, another plumber gave me a qoutation for 155k for the piping pipes(though I told him i want the originals pipes and all)
and him workmanship was 100k.
But i went for the 50k own
since him too and give me the perfect job!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by ACL(m): 9:12am On Mar 28, 2011
hello guys

u guys are 2 much with this building stuff. u are motivating me beyond control with those pictures.

1. can u pls tell me how much it cost for an architectural drawing plus structural toghether.
the guy they introduce to me is charging 125k .
good deal or not?

cos i want to grow up like u guys and wish to start the structure as soon as i can get the survey approved.

2. sruvey was charted yesterday and was told it takes like one month for approval.
also was told i can go ahead with d building cos C of O takes like kingdom come b4 approval
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Demainman1: 9:47am On Mar 28, 2011
@Am Alone, I beg make you invite me when the time to open your house reach oooo. I can imagine the big fat original cow(s) man pickin to chop. And all the no cost spared wines and food grin grin grin.
Keep up the good work. More blessings.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by llucky: 10:24am On Mar 28, 2011
@ACL i know someone dat can do the architectural and structural drawings for you at a lower price,you can call him on 08025312437 or 08060233359 his name is Tayo,he's an architect,tell him you got his no from lucky.
spyder ,amalone ,brabus thumbs up to u guys
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by superde: 10:29am On Mar 28, 2011
@ Am alone,

Can you please share with me where you intend to Buy your security doors? I need original seucrity doors ( 4 ft and 3 ft).

Thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by ACL(m): 10:40am On Mar 28, 2011
@ ilucky
thanks.

i learnt plan approval could b backdated to lik 2003, then what happens to d date on your survey wc is current , like mine is march 2011.

can plan approval date b earlier than survey date?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by llucky: 11:21am On Mar 28, 2011
@ACL call his second no 08060233359, it can
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by eros(m): 12:15pm On Mar 28, 2011
To add to the wonderful work being done here by Am Alone, Brabus and Spyder880. I have a property for sale located at Oko-Modo Origan, Araromi-Ale, off Badagry expressway.

ASKING PRICE: 3.4 Million Naira Only.

For more pictures and details, please go to the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-633103.0.html#msg8001703

For enquiries and questions, please call Eros 07081106105 / 08037517597 or send an email to emee30384@yahoo.com

NOTE THAT: I am not an estate agent. I am the owner of this property, so we can negotiate on price and i will sell immediately if the price is right.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by ACL(m): 12:20pm On Mar 28, 2011
@ lucky
thanks just spoke with him.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by nosmas: 12:58pm On Mar 28, 2011
am alone, brabus great  inspiration you guys are giving us and spyder880 God bless you for starting this eye opening tread. pls am alone, could you introduce or give me contacys of your alausa surveyor to me i want to follow your footpath. thanks for your quick response,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 5:46pm On Mar 28, 2011
Demain_man:

@Am Alone, I beg make you invite me when the time to open your house reach oooo. I can imagine the big fat original cow(s) man pickin to chop. And all the no cost spared wines and food grin grin grin.
Keep up the good work. More blessings.

Bros, No wahala,
You go chop, drink, sleep, chop again, drink again, sleep, and again, and again!!!!
Blessings too you too!!!!
Peace!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:08pm On Mar 28, 2011
This is what my roof look like as at today(right view!)
I bought a total of 131 woods today for the carpenters
to complete the noggins with. They have done more than
50% of the nogins, and have finished the roof(remain the facing boards)
The plumber have started his own work
and the electrician will continue with his own work tomorrow
the A/C man is through with the piping of the a/c
and the Bricklayers will be at the site tomorrow to start with the plastering
of the designs.
I ask the company that want's to roof the house to come an measure the
total square meters of the roof. They have taken the measurement,
and are yet to get back to me with the total square meters.
And by the GRACE OF GOD ALMIGHTY, I will start the fixing of the roofing sheet
next week.
Please
PEACE!!!!

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:13pm On Mar 28, 2011
superde:

@ Am alone,

Can you please share with me where you intend to Buy your security doors? I need original seucrity doors ( 4 ft and 3 ft).

Thanks

Bros, please be a bit patient. So that I can give you the perfect place to buy. First is Mushin

But I heard of some other place which I cannot remember its name. So if I find out, I will holla here on NL
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:35pm On Mar 28, 2011
I want to use this as a means to educate some of us who may not know.

PLEASE I STRONGLY ADVICE YOU NOT TO USE HAND MOLD BLOCKS. IT
IS NOT GOOD/ADVICE-ABLE FOR A SOLID HOUSE. EVEN IF YOU WANT TO
MOLD YOUR BLOCKS BY YOURSELF, PLEASE US MACHINES. MACHINES FABRICATED
BLOCKS ARE THE BEST FOR YOUR HOUSES.

This is my simple explanation.
after mixing of sand with cement, those people who do mold blocks with hands
will just use wood to hit the sand in the mold(the iron that cast out the block)
and they will go and lay it to count as one. The force they use in forcing the sand
to compress in the mold that mold the block is very little. Because it is just a man's
strength.
   But compared machine mold blocks, after the mixing of the sand and cement, the molder
pack the sand into the mold, and a machine, vibrates and compress it. As a result, because of the
force of a machine cannot never be compared to that of the average or 'super human' it force and
really compress the sand, making the block stronger and more long lasting,
Another example is this.(this is a simple example, and this will be like our experiment!! grin  grin tongue)
Take two empty tin can or dip plate, fill the both of them with wet sand(not very wet sand)
then call first tin A and second tin B. For tin A, just use light force to compress the sand, in the tin.
it it reduces below the brim, add some more and compress only will a light amount of force. then for
tin B add sand, and compress is a great amount of force. you can jump on it if possible, or say use a
very big wood or iron to force the sand into the can. If the san reduce below the brim, kindly add some more
and repeat the process till it can take no more sand. First use your hand to weight the two thing, then secondly
turn the empty tin upside down, like you are baking the sand. To allow the sand out(try not to destroy the shape
the sand will come out with) and closely study the two product of A and of B.

Result; you will notice that B is more compress with almost no space of any kind, but A is a less compress and may
not be able to hold it new shape of long.

This I believe is common sense,  And it does applies to building as well. Hand mold blocks are not advicable,
Another one you can experiment is this;
Get one hand mold block, and one machine fabricated block
keep the two blocks in open space(but out of reach where people can break any of them)
and leave it for say 5 to 6 months. By then rain and sun must have storm them these two blocks.
Go back to the blocks and check out the block that is still in good shape.
The hand mold blocks would had really tear away,  But the machine fabricated blocks
will be in its perfect shape!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:53pm On Mar 28, 2011
This is for educational purpose, not to cause any arguments or disrespect my man SPYDER(the olorogun of this thread)!!!
This is not to challenge him but to air the truth and advice the people!!!!

Below are two set of blocks. The first ones are hand mold blocks, and they are just 6 weeks old.
But the second picture are machine fabricated blocks and the are 4 months old till today
Please kindly check and compared the two pictures of machine fabricated and hand mold blocks,

house is a life time investment. Please build them in a way you are sure
it will last that long,  And don't get it wrong that things like this don't matters
because they sure do! Because with time, the walls will crack up or the sand will begin to fall of the blocks
because they were not tightly packed. Even if the house is plastered. It can still crack up!

PLEASE ALSO CHECK OTHER PARTS OF THE BLOCKS OF THE 2 PICTURES
PEACE!!!!

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:20pm On Mar 28, 2011
I just paid a hand block moulder to mould an additional 13 bags of cement for my blocks. He moulded them between friday till today, very solid blocks indeed. I love my house and will upload pictures tomorrow, its now very tall indeed. God is great.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 11:42pm On Mar 28, 2011
Another N41,140 was paid out today to get my house built up to lintel levels. They will start covering the woods from tomorrow and I expect to be pouring concrete to stand my columns before we do the lintels later this week. The expenses are as follows.
Mr. Hand block maker N5200 for 13 bags used.
I bought 100 pcs of blocks to complete todays work N11000
my bricklayers laid 497 blocks and accepted N20 from me per block (counting, am surprised of the price and at that height?) N9940
labourers N3000
my engeneer's supervision fee N12000
total is around N41,140, bringing the cummulative total to about N828,490.00
my house is now very tall, nine coaches of block tall from the german floor, I felt like Emperor Caesar walking through the coloseum during its construction. It shall be well with us, may God give us the grace to enjoy our sweat.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by egin(m): 12:49am On Mar 29, 2011
spyder880:

Another N41,140 was paid out today to get my house built up to lintel levels. They will start covering the woods from tomorrow and I expect to be pouring concrete to stand my columns before we do the lintels later this week. The expenses are as follows.
Mr. Hand block maker N5200 for 13 bags used.
I bought 100 pcs of blocks to complete todays work N11000
my bricklayers laid 497 blocks and accepted N20 from me per block (counting, am surprised of the price and at that height?) N9940
labourers N3000
my engeneer's supervision fee N12000
total is around N41,140, bringing the cummulative total to about N828,490.00
my house is now very tall, nine coaches of block tall from the german floor, I felt like Emperor Caesar walking through the coloseum during its construction. It shall be well with us, may God give us the grace to enjoy our sweat.

I really like the way you ignored the so called study or whatever above. This thread should remain what it is- The real cost of Building------------
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 4:44am On Mar 29, 2011
The Company that wan't to fix the roofing sheet for me sent me a text yester-night
It seem they are not very honest at all.
I purposely did not mention that my carpenter who introduced me to them
went behind me to do some 'collabo' with the manager of that they should
tell me the stone roof sheet is N3,900 per square meter.
But I went ahead to do some findings and discovered it was N2,800 per square meter
and I called the manager to ask him why he told me it was N2,800
and he was said it was this it was that, blah blah blah!!!
Check out the quotation
435 square meter @ 2800 = N1,218,000(First I wonder how the roof go even take enter 435 Square meter!!!)
ridges 94pcs of ridges by 1.45 length each @2000=N188000(this same manager don tell me say ridges na N1,600 and say the length na 2meter each)
gutter we used alunimium 20mts sheet @ 1250=N25,000
Installation @400 per square me = 174,000
accessorie 40kilo of nail@3000= 12,000
paint power 3 pcs@3000 = N9000
transportation #30,000
Grand total = N1,656,000

It seems this so called people are not very serious
there is no way my roof will be more or up to 300 square meters
that is why it is very good for one to be smart. and always shop around
I will talk to the man on phone, maybe i cancel the contract with themn
I may go and get some other people for the job. This may delay the roof
as I will have to take my time again to look for another company that
can be honest with moi and give me the perfect job!!!!

My own extimate for that roof is around a million!!!!
That is why I strongly recommend builders to wise up!!!!
[size=5pt]SO F.U.C-K PEACE!!!![/size]
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 5:01am On Mar 29, 2011
egin:

I really like the way you ignored the so called study or whatever above. This thread should remain what it is- The real cost of Building------------

Man, I tell you fact up there. It may make no sense to you, but I am very sure it does makes some sense to some other ppl
I no get urges for anyone. And mind you, that statement above is not off-topic! Stuffs like this are very essential when it come
to construction! Na my honest contribution. You can always ignore it bros!!!

Now e pain you say when you ask me question regarding where I buy my toilet pipes and accessories I no answer you abi?
You need to know how to ask something from people. No try to make am look like you dey do the person favour by asking
them for something!!!!

PEACE!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 5:50am On Mar 29, 2011
I sent the manage of the company a text
that they should forget the job because of their dishonesty
and he called back and started apologizing!!!
He has agreed to do the roofing for N300 per square meter firstly
and the ridges, he agreed that it will go for 1600 per 2meter length
but he still insist the square meter is 435. In my text, i told him some
other company measured less than 300 square meter. So he said
we should just buy according to the company and it if is enough,
then I won't have to buy again!!!

I will be at the site today to do my own finding sha about the total number of
ridges that will be need. And the total square meter of my roof(another person/persons
will be there to do that for moi!)

GOD HELP ME MAKE I NO LOOSE ANY MONEY TO THIS PPL
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 6:04am On Mar 29, 2011
@Am Alone, AMEN you will never lose, God is with YoU.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:17am On Mar 29, 2011
timothy001:

@Am Alone, AMEN you will never lose, God is with YoU.

Thank you Broderly,

I like to point all this things out so that people who read them
will understand how thievery all this people can be,
Before I begin this project, I prayed for GOD's INTERVENTION
and of course, that is why this people no just fit dupe me easily
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:46am On Mar 29, 2011
The carpenter that will work for me today is always slow. I am calling another carpenter to join him so as to ensure they finish covering all the columns and if possible, also do the lintels today. Price for covering one column here is N250-N300 and my house has 27 columns minus the outer ones. Window lintel or doors also goes for same price with columns.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by nosmas: 10:49am On Mar 29, 2011
nosmas:

am alone, brabus great  inspiration you guys are giving us and spyder880 God bless you for starting this eye opening tread. pls Am Alone, could you introduce or give me contacys of your alausa surveyor to me i want to follow your footpath. thanks for your quick response,
@ Am Alone pls waiting for your response. thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 10:57am On Mar 29, 2011
nosmas:

am alone pls waiting for your response. thanks

Bros, how are the bulls and bears?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by nosmas: 11:14am On Mar 29, 2011
spyder880:

Bros, how are the bulls and bears?
oga spyder880. you dey there? cool cool
anyway bear soon to die due to eating disorder and bull are still in gestation
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 11:49am On Mar 29, 2011
nosmas:

oga spyder880. you dey there? cool cool
anyway bear soon to die due to eating disorder and bull are still in gestation

Its all good, I was there yesterday in SMN and will be there again today. I dey gbadun the moderators there, keeping things very mature. EIC always gladdens my heart the way he maintains some good discipline among our intelligent folks out there. This forum is full of ruly kids.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 2:17pm On Mar 29, 2011
nosmas:

@ Am Alone pls waiting for your response. thanks

Man it was an architect that did it for me and he charged 160k
its being 3 months and am yet to get it!!!!(though he asked me
to follow him to town planning to collect it, but I refused, because
I don't want to spend any extra money).
So I am yet to get it!!! Do you still want his contact?
Your email then.

--- This topic is for educational purpose. When you embark on a something worth dying for,
it is best you know what is good and what is bad to avoid ,
The truth is bitter but most be told!
So Falck Peace!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.