Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,198 members, 7,880,738 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:06 AM

What Went Wrong & What Would You Do Differently? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Went Wrong & What Would You Do Differently? (216 Views)

Boy Who Went Viral At The Aba Fashion Week 2023 Becomes Adidas Ambassador (Pics) / Nigerian Model Shows How Her Face Was Damaged After She Went For Facial (Video) / Princess Chinenye Of Awkuzu: Australian Women Went Gaga For My Attire In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Went Wrong & What Would You Do Differently? by martwayne001: 8:47pm On Aug 18, 2020
When I see these images, I analyse both before making a conclusion. Rather than just laugh and move on, I try to think through what could have been done differently. ⁣

Most times as designers dealing with end users, we are meant to be their consultants. We should advise on what will work for them and what won't taking into consideration many factors like their body shape, the texture and the quantity of fabric. ⁣

This is different from @garmentproductionhouse where we simply do the designer's bidding and even then, I tend to give them some advice on their designs if I believe it will not work out. ⁣

In this situation, something went wrong. And someone out there is probably about to make this same mistake. So I ask: ⁣

a) what went wrong?⁣
b) what would you have done differently?⁣

For me:⁣

1. I would not have advised on this jumpsuit. If she insisted, ⁣

2. I would have put that seam line elsewhere, a bit higher, or made it asymmetric. Its current position draws emphasis on the mid section, which I am certain she is trying to draw attention away from. And ⁣

3. I would not have made the pants fitted. ⁣

Your turn! What went wrong and what would you have done differently?⁣

PS. NO body shaming! ⁣

Image from @distinctvendors ⁣

Thanks a lot @jullietmorgan for sending this to me⁣

www.martwayne.com

(1) (Reply)

Lustre Beauty Place Rolls Out Mother Of All Discounts On Essential Beauty Treatm / How To Plait A Flower Design / Size 13, Female Kid Wedge Shoes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.