Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,167 members, 7,977,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 07:32 AM

Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval (14538 Views)

Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos / Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. / Building Plan Approval Process And Cost In Lagos State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 4:10pm On Sep 27, 2007
@ All, the one now is at lekki, a government scheme for 35 millionwith CofO.But am working on some that will be in the range of 500k to 1 million with Cof O.that could be available to the masses and average class.
. all you do is just do building plan approval.
keep in tauch when you need other info.
NB: there are various schemes in lagos i will find out from the office and post cheap ones of considerable amount.chears grin
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by hakir(m): 8:01pm On Sep 28, 2007
folks u may also want to know about building approval in abuja. well, abuja is computerized in terms of land documentation which could be ascertained in AGIS (abuja geographical information system ).

while the building approval is done at DEVELOPMENT CONTROL UNIT, and there are basic guide lines to follow in order to avoid hitches.

YOU CAN CHECK THE NEW INNOVATION COMING SOON IN MY RECENT POSTING (E-BUILDING APPROVAL IN ABUJA) as well as 3D AUTOCADD sample

FOR MORE CLARIFICATION:

onivehu2000@yahoo.com
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 2:39pm On Sep 30, 2007
@All, there are land at
LEKKI SCHEME 1 ,
(1)blk4 plot21, size 2110m2-price- N45m
(2)blk 40 plo21, size 1100m2, price N35m
(3)blk 24, plot 2 size 2000m2 and plot 13 size 1999m2 price N67m each

ISHERI NORTH SCHEME
2Plots @ N3.5m each
NB: ALL PLOTS COMES WITH CofO, Survey,and all documents. its a Government scheme.
call sahid. 08083308588 or 017429269, sahidlateef@gmail.com
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 4:18pm On Oct 04, 2007
@all, there cheep govt schemes at ikorodu area for 250k and the processing fee 150k, allocation ceartain with CofO and survey and all title document.
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 11:21pm On Dec 05, 2007
@All, sory 4 postin this but a friend need to sell a brand new peguot 307 at a cheap price.
NB Build safely and avoid demolition. cheers
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by ajileko: 3:47pm On Feb 12, 2008
LASYEM, where are you? I need your help. I need to apply for a building permit in Lagos and since this is your area of expertise, I need you.

Thanks.
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 4:59pm On Feb 12, 2008
@ajilkeo, you can give me a call on 017429269 or 08083308588, then we can discus. regards, sahid
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by ajileko: 11:14pm On Feb 12, 2008
Thanks for the urgent reply Sahidi, I will give you a call sometime this weekend.
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by boyelarry: 4:59pm On Feb 13, 2008
Hi nairalanders,
I am a property vendor and a builder. Concerning the issue of buying land and building when it comes to lagos, i am very conversant with. From opinions that i have read, many people are oblivious of the new laws presently in lagos state. Let me enumirate this processes from the point of buying a land. Once the desired land have been located, make a request for a photocopy of the survey and take it to the lagos surveyors office to check if the land is not under acquisition. If it does not have a survey all the same go to this same office and invite the surveyor to take cotrdinates from the site this will cost you about 30k. with this they will be able to tell you the condition of the land. After this make further investigation about the authenticity of the sellers. after you are convinced, you can then pay and do the survey and make sure that the red copy is submitted at the lands registry b/cos so many surveyors are fond of not submitting the red copy and they would have collected the money. going to developing of your building, the next thing is to call an architect or construction company which may have a resident architect to design for you. if it is a bungalow you dont need a structural drawing but if it is a raised building from 1 storey it is needed. the new law that am talking about comes in here. b4 now from this stage you can go ahead and obtain your approval, nayyy, you cant do that any more. you have to initiate the process of your c of o and when the publication comes out you can then go for the process of your building approval once the approval is out you can go ahead and start your construction even if the c of o is not out. There is something i forgot to mention earlier. once your red copy has been submitted it is always advisable to obtain your land information. If all this processes are followed thoroughly you can be rest assured of security on your investment. For more information and if you need our services you can come to our office at 21 ladipo kuku crescent off allen, ikeja. you can call me, 08029478202 or mail me to seggs.partners@yahoo.com
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by BAC: 3:35pm On Feb 21, 2008
We have updated our site again more info added www.nairainvestors.com
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 11:43pm On Feb 22, 2008
@Ajileko, have not heard from you for a while, send me a mail. cheers
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 11:44pm On Feb 22, 2008
@Ajileko, have not heard from you for a while, send me a mail. cheers
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by ajileko: 2:56pm On Feb 25, 2008
@LASYEM. you can check your mail now. Please reply as soon as you can.

Thanks.
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 7:15pm On Mar 18, 2008
@All, there is a lagos state sheme land at isheri north for 3.8m with all documents. pls send a mail to sahidlateef@gmail.com if you are interested. and if you have any land issue, cheers
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by Nobody: 4:22am On Mar 19, 2008
@LASSYEM,

I am waiting for the "affordable" land you promised for Lekki.

Cheers

Kunlef
www.lekkilinks.com
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 11:41pm On Jun 05, 2008
@all, hi guys,
It been a while. there new trends in physical planning in lagos that we need to the discus. Due to the resent collapse of building, the lagos state has made it amandatory that before any approval the property must have a Cof O , governor concent, certified deedv of assignment, and other legal document signed by the governor or any person delegated to do so.
Does this have anything to do with colapse of building?
Is it a must for approval of building plan even in the rural area?
what of the situation of after approval, as in the case where most building with approvals are collapsing.
do the government have to supervise development from setting out?
what of the issue of form-c that comes with the approval?
how many complete structures have have satisfied the stage certification process the form-c is meant to tackle.
please share your views, expirence and contribution as related to issues above. cheers cheesy
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by ajileko: 7:04am On Jun 09, 2008
Lasyem, what I heard is that you can apply for and get your building permit and start building provided you have applied and start the processing of your c of o / governor consent. Is this not true any longer ? Let us know.
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 5:56am On Jun 10, 2008
@ajileko, it is not allow in thaqt way, you must have completed the process and gotten a CofO or cosent before you can apply for approval. except whan it comes to government scheme, when you have gotten a letter of allocation first, all you need is a clerance letter from New Towns Development Authority-NTDA. then you use it for approva. But for private schemes you complete the process first. Cheers grin
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by ajileko: 6:38am On Jun 10, 2008
Thanks for your valuable knowledge on this issue, Lasyem.
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 3:59pm On Aug 24, 2008
@All, hi guys, its been a while. its seem most people are finding it hard perfecting their land title, as well as the latest trend with the approval process, i.e no C of O or Governor's consent no building plan approval.
Also, the stage that is, the operation 30-30,which is not visible, is it for the good to curb the prevalent building collapse or just a format used by the government to extort money from the people.

What do you think is the way forward about:
The prevalent collapse of building in Lagos state?
The awareness of the people about development of buildings and what it entails?
The role of the government in educating the public and their responsibility on making land available to those that needs them?
The issues of 'omo onile' ,government land, aqusition, ratification, excision (excised land) and other confusing terms used to bamboos the people?
Views, opinion, expirence and education/enlightenment is required from fellow nairalanders to educate one another.
its good to be back.
Cheers grin
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by lawyer(m): 4:52pm On Aug 24, 2008
LASYEM:

@All, hi guys, its been a while. its seem most people are finding it hard perfecting their land title, as well as the latest trend with the approval process, i.e no C of O or Governor's consent no building plan approval.
Also, the stage that is, the operation 30-30,which is not visible, is it for the good to curb the prevalent building collapse or just a format used by the government to extort money from the people.

What do you think is the way forward about:
The prevalent collapse of building in Lagos state?
The awareness of the people about development of buildings and what it entails?
The role of the government in educating the public and their responsibility on making land available to those that needs them?
The issues of 'omo onile' ,government land, aqusition, ratification, excision (excised land) and other confusing terms used to bamboos the people?
Views, opinion, expirence and education/enlightenment is required from fellow nairalanders to educate one another.
its good to be back.
Cheers grin

The real issue Mr. LASYEM is that people or prospective purchasers of land or property dont want to do the right thing and spend money. Time and time again, i have written links on nairaland on how to get a c/o both cheaply and speedily but the typical nigerian psyche is that since they have heard rumours from others that it cant be done quickly, then what is the use?

That is totally false. The aim of forums like this is to meet like minds that can assist each other in our various businesses and lifestyles.

I dont understand how someone is able to cough out more than one million naira to buy a land but is finding it difficult to pay roughly N80,000 to acquire a C/O that can make you have rest of mind for life? Isnt that penny wise, pound foolish?

I dont understand why someone would go the whole hog to buy properties from agents and wouldnt investigate the title before it is bought just because they are not willing to shell out N20,000 OR N30,000 to pay a lawyer to conduct a valid search report on that property.

It totally befuddles the mind when you see prospective purchasers, haggling with agents over agency fees that could probably run to Hundreds of thousands of Naira but cant shell a paltry amount to get a c/o and other documents.

Tomorrow, when the property is almost completed, they will now hear either the land is under government acquisition, it is under a pipeline or the place is mapped out for a road or bridge plan or the land doesnt belong to the person who sold it to them or omo-onile has sold them a defective land and so on and so forth, thereby leading to a long and windy law suit and the amount the purchaser will pay to the lawyer might even triple the amount used to buy the land in the first place.

Would the agent give you his commission back?
Would the omo-onile be ever found?
For every day you delay to acquire a proper C/0, the boys in Alausa will continue to increase the price.

All because a purchaser of land or property is either too stingy or skeptical about dealing with government officials. If that be the case, why not contact or go through the proper channel? Even though it might take donkey years at least you are doing the right thing.

The number of houses and lands Fashola is about to destroy and take over from land owners this year and the next, is going to come as a rude shock to many of them just because of a paltry sum of N80,000.

Future buyers of land and property, a word is enough for the wise. That money can be used to buy shacks for all your friends or a good shoe to boast to your friend, but that same money can make your childrens children pray for you and praise your foresight 200 years from now!
How SAD undecided
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by bluehorizo(m): 5:16pm On Aug 24, 2008
The Law i sent you an email last night and i hope you got it. Pls get back to me if you did. Thanks for the good contributions.
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by nairamar(m): 6:16pm On Aug 24, 2008
Lawyer, watch out for an email from me soon.
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 10:06pm On Aug 25, 2008
That quite a contribution 'the Law', I agree with you all the way, most people are pound foolish, someone building a house worth over tens of millions or buying land over millions of naira find it difficult to spend some few thousand of naira to perfects his document. There is a saying that 'give whats to Ceaser to Ceasar and whats to God to God'.
Have had an experience with a client once that require me to process an Approval with C of O, when I gave him the brake down and what i had to do concerning land information and other findings. And i gave him my bill, he said its too much for just paper, he went ahead to build, now he is having problems cos the land sold to him s under acquisition and he has reached the 4th floor.
he as asking for my help which if its posible will cost him over times 5 or more and if not he will loose his property. that is kobo wise naira foolish.
Other peoples expirence and contribution needed. cheers
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by edward16: 7:49pm On Aug 26, 2008
I AM INTERRESTED IN THIS GOVT LAND AT LEAST WE CAN BE ASSURED THAT IT IS SAFE AND NO PROBLEM IN FUTURE MY EMAIL IS bigadedeji@yahoo.com if you want to get in touch
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by abujabooks(f): 4:03pm On Aug 29, 2008
@LAsyem,

What's up with the land in Lekki?

Do you have any lands for sale?
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 2:49pm On Dec 06, 2008
@abujabook, you can apply for govt land allocation through the lands ministry at Alausa, ikeja. or those willing to sell their allocations. grin
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 2:17pm On Apr 27, 2009
hi ekenea,
there are govt. scheme available at badagry area and ikorodu area, call or mail me before offer ends. regards grin
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 2:19pm On Apr 27, 2009
@abujabook,
which part of lekki are you intrested in? lekki scheme 1 or what?
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 11:51am On Jun 09, 2009
@all, as anybody ever thought of approval requirement for installation of mast in Lagos state, its requirements and standard. what are the impact on the environment and society at large. please need reasonable contributions. regards grin
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 7:53pm On Aug 06, 2009
@edward, you can call me now, am in Lagos now, the form for the govt scheme are still available. cheers grin
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 9:36am On Dec 25, 2009
@All, hey guys it been a while, i just got a little information to share with you all, All those that have properties on Govt scheme should try develop it because there are plans going on revocating those that have been left yet undeveloped due to speculators on land. Especially Lekki scheme 1. cheer and it good to be back. merry Xmas to you all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Portharcourt Duplex With Water Fountain / competed!!.. Cctv, Dstv, & Whole House Audio Installations / Office Partitioning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.