Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,648 members, 7,878,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:56 AM

I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father (3175 Views)

Nasarawa Woman: "Why I Allowed My Teenage Son To Impregnate Me" / My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us / Father Asked His Son To Have A Haircut. Then The Son Did This (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by ThothHermes: 12:44pm On Aug 19, 2020
Amotolongbo:
If you really love your son, and wish to see him being successful in life, reap the labor you sowed on him then better you let your son be with you and raise him by yourself.

Let your son see and know his father for future sake, but let the son continue being with you. Like you said, the father has always been promising and failing, won’t that same man fail to raise the son in the right way you want?
Fatherly responsibility is an act, the man may not be in the state of being responsible for now. Probably due to his financial capability or naturally being determined not to be responsible.

Every son needs a father figure in his life, not just a father but a responsible one. If the man appears responsible later while bringing the child up, you may send him to the father o. But for now, continue to strive to make ends meet for the son ma.

Men like that are bad, they will just come after the “soup is done” to claim ownership of the son they didn’t labor on
The single biggest predictor of delinquence is absence of a father figure.
Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 19, 2020
If you are stressed and need some space for sometime, taking him to his dad is ok. You aren't the only one that gave birth to the child. Take him to his father and get the space you need. Bring him back when you think your energy is refilled. Don't carry all the burden of raising the child by yourself.

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by spiralwedge(m): 1:59pm On Aug 19, 2020
Why did you leave him? How long ago? Does he know where you and his son?
Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by LadySarah: 4:03pm On Aug 19, 2020
Senoritaluvy:
He feels so relax because I'm doing everything. Paying school fees, Taking care of him all round without his contributions.

Fast fast. Alternate. Holidays to him, school period he stays with you.Send the school acc no to him. If he cries for money pls cry too. Every male child needs a fatherly figure pls.

If you want be doing it all alone. He will continue to be laid back. When he grows, the father will now come and claim fatherly role and want to reap where he didn't sow.

Don't even send him to any relative before they will turn the boy to a help.

Graxie, pls come.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by LadySarah: 4:16pm On Aug 19, 2020
Senoritaluvy:
Thanks for all the advice. I will gather courage, take him out for shopping and Tavel with him to his father. I'm emotionally so down because I've never been apart from my son.

It's normal. As you continue to do it you will get more relaxed.
Let them bond!

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by Senoritaluvy: 4:33pm On Aug 19, 2020
I talked with him today about his son spending some time with him before school resumes and he said it's fine.
The guy has no job, but I don't mind. Even if it's gari he's going to feed my son, he can go ahead. I want my son to get to know them more, be used to that environment. Probably, learn their language.

This is one of the greatest thing in my life, I want to give a try.
One thought wants me to let my son go and another can't just stop worrying if he's going to be alright.
Thanks everyone for your advice and encouragement.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by Luak(m): 5:06pm On Aug 19, 2020
Good your family is not putting you under pressure cos of your son. You will reap plenty, if you stay strong. Definitely, a man who is willing to commit to you will find you someday. Cheers

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by Graxie(f): 7:30pm On Aug 19, 2020
LadySarah:

Fast fast. Alternate. Holidays to him, school period he stays with you.Send the school acc no to him. If he cries for money pls cry too. Every male child needs a fatherly figure pls.

If you want be doing it all alone. He will continue to be laid back. When he grows, the father will now come and claim fatherly role and want to reap where he didn't sow.

Don't even send him to any relative before they will turn the boy to a help.

Graxie, pls come.

my sister, you have said it all. Let her starts with the holiday, as time goes on the boy will be used to his dad.
That child needs to know the father to make up his mind as per fatherhood.

Finally op, I hope your baby father is living a good life, don't expose the child to a father that anything goes. Be sure of the character you are exposing him to.

Being a single mother is never an easy job; you just have to brace yourself.
Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by JoshOxborn: 10:04pm On Aug 19, 2020
Don't make any stupid mistake to return him to his irresponsible father or else you want him to suffer and become rebellious. My mother almost did the same but I thank God she didn't do it. That would have been her greatest mistake. I thank God for my mother! She's the greatest person in my life.

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by Amotolongbo(f): 10:27pm On Aug 19, 2020
Lalasticlala, this thread needs the homepage attention
Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by Maneq: 10:46pm On Aug 19, 2020
Palema007:
people have kids and they make pointless sacrifices, it do not always end as they plan. Mothers can make sacrifices for their kids but they shouldn't always
Because you have sense. Just because you have sense. I reduce it to 600 years

Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by mariahAngel(f): 11:04pm On Aug 19, 2020
Maneq:

grin
Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by Senoritaluvy: 3:03am On Aug 20, 2020
JoshOxborn:
Don't make any stupid mistake to return him to his irresponsible father or else you want him to suffer and because rebellious. [b]My mother almost did the same but I thank God she didn't do it. That would have been her greatest [/b]mistake. I thank God for my mother! She's the greatest person in my life.
But did you grow up a loving person not hating your father?
Not returning him to his father, but taking hime to him to spending little time to get to know each other. I just need that man in his son's life.
Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by Mindlog: 6:10am On Aug 20, 2020
Senoritaluvy:
Not returning him to his father, but taking hime to him to spending little time to get to know each other. I just need that man in his son's life.

I can sense you feel drained and burnt out, there is nothing to feel guilty about wanting to have the space to get in touch with self, again as you can't pour from an empty cup.

It is good you are thinking of seeing that your son establishes a physical relationship and bond with his father irrespective of his financial situation. It gives your son the opportunity to directly experience his paternal side of his existence, so that it eliminates most of the "what ifs" when he becomes an adult.

Your son's growth and development should be a shared responsible between you and his father, so that you can be in the right headspace. It would also help your son's father to work on getting a better grip on parenting, providing both materially and emotionally.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by LadySarah: 8:22am On Aug 20, 2020
Senoritaluvy:

Of course he didn't or can't you see that he calls his father irresponsible. It means he still bears heavy grudge.
What you are doing is good. Fostering that healthy male rshp is important.

Even if doesn't go well. Atleast you tried and nobody will blame you in the future but I pray it goes well.
My neighbor is bonding with his 15yrold daughter who he met for the 1st time.
Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by Dainy1(m): 8:27am On Aug 20, 2020
Amotolongbo:
If you really love your son, and wish to see him being successful in life, reap the labor you sowed on him, it is better you let your son be with you and raise him by yourself.

The best way to raise children is having both parents together, but if there is a separation between the father and the mother, it is always good for the children/child to be in the custody of the mother.

Let your son see and know his father for future sake, but let the son continue being with you. Like you said, the father has always been promising and failing, won’t that same man fail to raise the son in the right way you want?
Fatherly responsibility is an act, the man may not be in the state of being responsible for now. Probably due to his financial capability or naturally being determined not to be responsible.

Every son needs a father figure in his life, not just a father but a responsible one. If the man appears responsible later while bringing the child up, you may send him to the father o. But for now, continue to strive to make ends meet for the son ma.

Men like that are bad, they will just come after the “soup is done” to claim ownership of the son they didn’t labor on
@op, you see the above comment, read it severally and make use of it.
A man who does not care for 7yrs can not do that just of a sudden. Your boy will suffer. What you should do is, look for human rights and involve them.
Today I looked backward and I thank God for my mother, she did all to make sure my elder brother and I had a good life. When I lost my father yrs ago, I felt nothing, because he was never there for us. See my dear life is wide. You feel all these because no man is truly in your life loving you and your son yet, but trust me, that man will come.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by Dainy1(m): 8:29am On Aug 20, 2020
LadySarah:

Of course he didn't or can't you see that he calls his father irresponsible. It means he still bears heavy grudge.

Even if doesn't go well. Atleast you tried and nobody will blame you in the future but I pray it goes well.
Thank God you said 15yrs. @op baby is just 7yrs.
Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by LadySarah: 8:35am On Aug 20, 2020
Dainy1:
Thank God you said 15yrs. @op baby is just 7yrs.

Better early than late. What are you saying sef! This is the father not a stranger.He won't kill him nor maltreat him. That boy needs his father he's not dead! She's burning out.

This woman needs to breath!
Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by JoshOxborn: 8:59am On Aug 20, 2020
Senoritaluvy:

yeah i hate my father! He's most irresponsible man i have ever seen. A lazy full grown ass man who can't take care of his children. He can't even feed us alone that he had to take me and my younger brother to eat at his Elder sister house, he never he bought me a single cloth or pay my school fees, I'm sure if i grow up living with him, I will a rebellious Yahoo boy. My mother is so loving, she provided almost everything i ever wanted! Few weeks ago when i returned back to my mother's place after spending 7months with him, I didn't call him or send my regards to him. He was furious i didn't call him, so he started bluffing and saying gibberish. What made me hate that stupid man is that he told us "if he dies now, he won't will his uncompleted house to us." His house is not even worth it but the way he decided to give his only property to his wife over us. That shows how irresponsible he is. This same man never send an child support to my mother for 15years.

smiley angry Mothers are best! No woman should give his child to back to his ex-husband, I'm sure that child will go rebellious and will be maltreated my his stepmother.

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by JoshOxborn: 9:01am On Aug 20, 2020
Senoritaluvy:

He can visit him but never let him live under his roofs. His stepmother can be vicious
Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by Dainy1(m): 9:13am On Aug 20, 2020
JoshOxborn:

yeah i hate my father! He's most irresponsible man i have ever seen. A lazy full grown ass man who can't take care of his children. He can't even feed us alone that he had to take me and my younger brother to eat at his Elder sister house, he never he bought me a single cloth or pay my school fees, I'm sure if i grow up living with him, I will a rebellious Yahoo boy. My mother is so loving, she provided almost everything i ever wanted! Few weeks ago when i returned back to my mother's place after spending 7months with him, I didn't call him or send my regards to him. He was furious i didn't call him, so he started bluffing and saying gibberish. What made me hate that stupid man is that he told us "if he dies now, he won't will his uncompleted house to us." His house is not even worth it but the way he decided to give his only property to his wife over us. That shows how irresponsible he is. This same man never send an child support to my mother for 15years.

smiley angry Mothers are best! No woman should give his child to back to his ex-husband, I'm sure that child will go rebellious and will be maltreated my his stepmother.
Why begging him to love his own son? If he doesn't, what's the point of taking the innocent boy to him to suffer?
Most Nigerian father's are useless.

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by SmileDance(f): 9:36am On Aug 20, 2020
Op, what if the boy's father is dead? Because from what you described I think the man is just as good as dead
Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by JoshOxborn: 9:44am On Aug 20, 2020
Dainy1:
Why begging him to love his own son? If he doesn't, what's the point of taking the innocent boy to him to suffer?

Exactly! That is what I'm trying to tell her.
Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 20, 2020
Maneq:

Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by Senoritaluvy: 12:30pm On Aug 20, 2020
JoshOxborn:

Sad
Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by Senoritaluvy: 12:32pm On Aug 20, 2020
Dainy1:
I am not begging him.
Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by Senoritaluvy: 12:33pm On Aug 20, 2020
SmileDance:
Op, what if the boy's father is dead? Because from what you described I think the man is just as good as dead
It would have been well understood.
Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by Unnerve: 3:51pm On Aug 20, 2020
Senoritaluvy:
I talked with him today about his son spending some time with him before school resumes and he said it's fine.
The guy has no job, but I don't mind. Even if it's gari he's going to feed my son, he can go ahead. I want my son to get to know them more, be used to that environment. Probably, learn their language.

This is one of the greatest thing in my life, I want to give a try.
One thought wants me to let my son go and another can't just stop worrying if he's going to be alright.
Thanks everyone for your advice and encouragement.
You made a good decision, and your son will be fed with more than just garri. Lol

Always call to check up on him so you know how he's doing.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by mariahAngel(f): 3:51pm On Aug 20, 2020
LadySarah:

Well typed.
Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by Senoritaluvy: 7:07am On Aug 21, 2020
Thanks for all the advice, suggestions
Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by Luak(m): 4:33pm On Aug 21, 2020
Luak:
Let your son's father indicate genuine interest in wanting to take responsibility for his child's well-being before you start exposing your child to what you'll regret later. Best wishes
Let your son's father indicate genuine interest in wanting to take responsibility for his child's well-being before you start exposing your child to work you'll regret later. Best wishes

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning On Taking My Son To His Father by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 21, 2020
Dainy1:

@op, you see the above comment, read it severally and make use of it.
A man who does not care for 7yrs can not do that just of a sudden. Your boy will suffer. What you should do is, look for human rights and involve them.
Today I looked backward and I thank God for my mother, she did all to make sure my elder brother and I had a good life. When I lost my father yrs ago, I felt nothing, because he was never there for us. See my dear life is wide. You feel all these because no man is truly in your life loving you and your son yet, but trust me, that man will come.
Only simps marry single mothers, after getting pumped and dumbed by the so called "irresponsible Alpha male bad boy" , after deliberately refusing good men that were willing to make you there wife. You now want a good man to come and wife her up abi and take care of "Irresponsible Alpha bad boy" child and the mother. When there are fresh young blood on the street...na wa for you sef

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Husband Has Fallen In Love With This Girl, Trying My Best Not To Confront Her / OUR Female Celebrities Now Celebrate Divorce As A Thing Of Pride / After The Fight I Don't Feel A Spark For My Husband Anymore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.