Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,146 members, 7,880,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:02 PM

Do You Think This Strike Is Neccessary? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Think This Strike Is Neccessary? (892 Views)

Breaking: Doctor's Strike Is Over / PHCN Strike: Is There Light In Your Area? / Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think This Strike Is Neccessary? by ayusman16(m): 6:48am On Jun 19, 2007
Are the unions doing the right thing embarking on strike at this young stage of this regime? Are we suppose to visit the sins committed by the previous administration on this regime? Kai! It's really going to be terrible; imagine feeling the heat of the 'shut down' days before the strike even commenced Obasanjo is really a demon for punishing us with this few days b4 the end of his regime just becos we refused his 3rd term bid, this is a voice of a frustrated Nigerian!!!
Re: Do You Think This Strike Is Neccessary? by kokoA(m): 8:32am On Jun 19, 2007
no strike bro!
Re: Do You Think This Strike Is Neccessary? by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:56pm On Jun 19, 2007
one thing this people should understand is two wrongs can't make a right. the masses would also suffer. i don't know why some Nigerian leaders are so daft. angry
Re: Do You Think This Strike Is Neccessary? by denex: 3:30pm On Jun 19, 2007
Shebi NLC will be on strike as long as they are comfortable.

By the time NEPA goes on strike and the whole country falls into 2 weeks of total darkness, the newspapers go on strike, telephone companies go on strike, water works go on strike, that is when NLC will realise the real meaning of strike and they will come out begging. These people don't know what strike really means. Let security operatives and television stations including DSTV routers, and radio stations go on strike. Let food sellers go on strike, private and public workers go on strike whether NLC will not beg.

All NLC keeps doing all these years have been convenience strikes. They punish the people while staying in their own comfort zone. Let them force all sections of Labourers to go on strike whether they can survive it for one week. BASTARDS!!!
Re: Do You Think This Strike Is Neccessary? by otokx(m): 3:54pm On Jun 19, 2007
Some people have suffered so much they don't know what suffering means anymore.
Re: Do You Think This Strike Is Neccessary? by johnpeace(m): 4:59pm On Jun 19, 2007
The strike is not necessary for now.
It is a true talk to say that Nigeria was running a kleptocracy but democracy now. Infact, i'm ashame that all country has its own constitution; ours was absolution moderated by assassination.
Though, i didn't vote, but now i strongly believe that, if Nigerians can give this present and the first professor to become a president a free hand leadership, he will surely deliver. And not only deliver, but takes Nigeria to her promise land.
In addition, i will not be among Nigerians that will criticise nor takes NLC for granted because they are working ernestly for the growth of this Nation. But, it's not ripe enough to call for a scintilla of strike.
Re: Do You Think This Strike Is Neccessary? by otokx(m): 3:03am On Jun 20, 2007
It has now occured to me that most Nigerians are uneducated by virtue of misreasoning. They look for lies to believe in or how can you explain the way people are misyarning in this place of their own free will. Our press we now know has been bought over. Apart from AIT the rest are all the same sing song. When did Yar Adua become a professor? When will the time be ripe enough for NLC to go on strike? shey it is when we are all in our graves ko?
Re: Do You Think This Strike Is Neccessary? by angel101(f): 2:36pm On Jun 20, 2007
denex:

Shebi NLC will be on strike as long as they are comfortable.

By the time NEPA goes on strike and the whole country falls into 2 weeks of total darkness, the newspapers go on strike, telephone companies go on strike, water works go on strike, that is when NLC will realise the real meaning of strike and they will come out begging. These people don't know what strike really means. Let security operatives and television stations including DSTV routers, and radio stations go on strike. Let food sellers go on strike, private and public workers go on strike whether NLC will not beg.

All NLC keeps doing all these years have been convenience strikes. They punish the people while staying in their own comfort zone. Let them force all sections of Labourers to go on strike whether they can survive it for one week. BASTARDS!!!

what is new? or have u not experienced black out for 2 weeks b4? i know i did for months. police has gone on strike b4, hospitals regularly go on strike, need i continue? and all for what? the same wicked governance that NLC is dtriking for. so my brother i dont see any point in your comment.
Re: Do You Think This Strike Is Neccessary? by denex: 2:49pm On Jun 20, 2007
@angel101

first off, I'm not your brother. I think I'd remember you if I were! lol. Just pulling ya leg.

Anyway, truth be told, I have never witnessed power outage for 2 weeks, and till you mentioned that you had, I thought it was only Tarzan that had that kind of experience.

What am saying is, let everybody bring the country to a standstill. Not even groundnut sellers should work. By the war, NLC is not even striking per se, because they will still demand that the government pays them salaries for the period of the strike or else they strike again. So this actually is just holiday.

In the real world, when workers strike, they forfeit their salaries for the number of days they strike.

Anyway, I rest my case.

(1) (Reply)

Price Increment By Companies Due To Vat Rate Adjustment. / See Nigerian Representatives O! / Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.