Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,915 members, 7,883,183 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 05:20 AM

Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) (91399 Views)

Abdulsalami Abubakar-Led ECOWAS Delegation Arrives Niger To Meet Coup Leaders / Mali Coup: President Bah Nda, PM, Defence Minister Detained By Mutinous Soldiers / Mali Coup: UN Security Council Orders Soldiers To Return To Barracks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by potent5(m): 6:30pm On Aug 19, 2020
Please, what's the name of your country?

grin
NegroAcheiver:
Me thinking of how I can bribe this marlians sorry malians to come and perform this coup in my country.I didn't mention any name ooh before they fine me for hate speech.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by kolmart: 6:36pm On Aug 19, 2020
Nice guys
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by OgogoroFreak(m): 6:36pm On Aug 19, 2020
The heros

1 Like

Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by subcbouy: 6:40pm On Aug 19, 2020
Mercykayy:
The first guy is just 25 years old. I stand to be corrected thou
I have to read again. This can be true.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by zoezoelogistics(m): 6:41pm On Aug 19, 2020
Mercykayy:

And you believe this grandpa is 25 years.

You can believe anything oh.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Lordkross(m): 6:41pm On Aug 19, 2020
That guy dey use football age.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by michazy(m): 6:42pm On Aug 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

Chief of Staff has Nothing to do with this.

This was a Pure Military coup.

The COS Mentioned there is not the COS to the President. He is COS of a Military formation

Whichever way, the implication of this in this part of the continent is #5,000,000.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by mvem(m): 6:45pm On Aug 19, 2020
Mercykayy:
A colonel can never be 25
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by subcbouy: 6:45pm On Aug 19, 2020
Africans still haven't grown. In this modern age, we still operate a coup whereas the same tumult is happening now in Bella-Russia.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Unified07: 6:50pm On Aug 19, 2020
politicsng:
You see why you need trusted chiefs of staffs. Same reason Buhari refused to change his loyal CoSs
Shut up if he is doing will they overthrew him
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by sonofElElyon: 6:52pm On Aug 19, 2020
so people should continue to die in hundreds because of fear of mutiny?

apart from that, I believe that it is pure planlessness for any govt not to have other loyalists that can head the armed forces apart from the service chiefs

kindly also note that it wasn't the service chiefs that mutinied in Mali..
politicsng:
You see why you need trusted chiefs of staffs. Same reason Buhari refused to change his loyal CoSs
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Johnrake69: 6:54pm On Aug 19, 2020
UdechiHD:
Military did what? Aside from Gowon who had money from oil windfall the rest took us backwards. Gowon and Murtala/Obasanjo era should pushed us into a first world country but the clowns used our money for useless decolonization efforts of other African countries. Most of you are indomie generation and want to get thing easy. You don't want to work hard for it. You don't want to get involved in the political process and win your country over from the hands of corrupt leaders.

Shagari time as civilian President for only 4 years dwarfed all the military that ruled till Abacha. Imagine a military that ruled and yet, power infrastructure remained the way Balewa left it. We were grappling with 2000 megawatts from Kainji Dam until President Umaru Yar’adua. We had just the Tincan port with no additional one again, the railways was left to rot until Babangida began another carriageway but built with woods as that of the British. The only improvement of Babangida was starting the concrete carriage from Warri to Itakpe which was finally abandoned till Yar’dua. And also the third mainland bridge. Yes, the military built refineries but they also sabotaged it as well. They also built a few roads here and there but there were dwarfed in performance by their civilian.

Nigeria began making economic and infrastructural progress from 1999 till now. That is why anybody wishing for military rule in Nigeria should be caught, castrated and publicly executed. Let him go to hell and enjoy proper military rule with Satan.

You have made your point but your conclusion was rather unnecessary. And from your statement I couldn't pinpoint how the performance of the civilian government dwarfed that of the military government. Colonization was the challenge of that time. Would you also call Fidel Castro a fool for getting involved in the Decolonization efforts in Africa?

Is it not a shame that we are signing away our future on loans? The civilian government experienced oil booms, what was the money used for? Since you mentioned that the infrastructural development achieved during the military government was as a result of the oil boom.

What exactly do you expect from Youths? When the civilian government has weaponized poverty against the people? And your so called generation did absolutely nothing. Tell me how you expect the youths to take back the country through the electoral process? Sowore has learnt the hard way. You don't change a system by working within the same system because at the end the system will make you conform to it.

In as much as we continue with this current system, there is no election that can produce credible leaders. You can take it to the bank.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by sonofElElyon: 6:57pm On Aug 19, 2020
I suspect Russia's involvement. one of the coupists just arrived from training in Russia and we all know that Russia has been trying to influence elections and government change in several countries...

LatestTori:

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/08/19/faces-of-malis-coup-leaders/
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by DelphiOracle(m): 7:05pm On Aug 19, 2020
Mercykayy:
wow.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 19, 2020
Birdeyeview:

I'm surprise surprised you didn't mention God here

1 Like

Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by vineyardfarms: 7:08pm On Aug 19, 2020
politicsng:

So the killings, Kidnappings, Rapes and insecurity in the Nations continues while they smile to the bank .
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Gr8amechi: 7:26pm On Aug 19, 2020
kikero:

1.Many 25 year olds speak against this government.

2.You...go and form a party. You could be just what Nigeria needs.
This your post is rubbish, form a party and fund elections with which money??

We need to start afresh, we need a fresh constitution and a complete overhauling of the current political arrangements
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Nik77: 7:32pm On Aug 19, 2020
politicsng:

The person mentioned is not the Chief of Army Staff but the Chief of Staff of the 3rd Military Region of Kati.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by QMNIX: 7:46pm On Aug 19, 2020
NegroAcheiver:
Me thinking of how I can bribe this marlians sorry malians to come and perform this coup in my country.I didn't mention any name ooh before they fine me for hate speech.

I see juvenile delinquency at play; total lack of wisdom. The worst democratic government is better than the best military government. No matter the good intentions that drives the coup.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by mankan2k7(m): 7:46pm On Aug 19, 2020
Only if we can borrow these able bodies men to help salvage our situation in Nigeria
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by lomprico(m): 7:49pm On Aug 19, 2020
Mercykayy:

if he is 25, I am still in my dad's scrotum!

1 Like

Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by DisLifeSha: 7:52pm On Aug 19, 2020
It cannot happen again. There's corruption in the military. Where is the money for ammunition spent on? We don't have the kind of military in Mali. Corruption in all sections of the country
baby124:

It can happen. They just need to have a coup with officers from each region and game over. No Nigerian will fight for the present set of politicians. They are on their own at that point.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by yongg: 7:53pm On Aug 19, 2020
miketayo:
Our soldiers don't have the balls
k

Believe or not, with this kind of taunting long and frequent enough, boom! You might just wake up to the news of attempted coups, even multiple ones with backups that have their corresponding backups, sigh.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by zudozz: 7:57pm On Aug 19, 2020
when will our own happen. God ps help us..we are suffering..
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Abbeylanre15(m): 8:23pm On Aug 19, 2020
Little wonder BUBU dey pump money into military...
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 19, 2020
Johnrake69:

You have made your point but your conclusion was rather unnecessary. And from your statement I couldn't pinpoint how the performance of the civilian government dwarfed that of the military government. Colonization was the challenge of that time. Would you also call Fidel Castro a fool for getting involved in the Decolonization efforts in Africa?

Is it not a shame that we are signing away our future on loans? The civilian government experienced oil booms, what was the money used for? Since you mentioned that the infrastructural development achieved during the military government was as a result of the oil boom.

What exactly do you expect from Youths? When the civilian government has weaponized poverty against the people? And your so called generation did absolutely nothing. Tell me how you expect the youths to take back the country through the electoral process? Sowore has learnt the hard way. You don't change a system by working within the same system because at the end the system will make you conform to it.

In as much as we continue with this current system, there is no election that can produce credible leaders. You can take it to the bank.
I’m actually in my early 30’s so I'm not old. As a matter of fact we began making electoral progress from the time of President Umaru Yar’adua may God bless his soul. However the emergence of the power hungry Buhari took us backwards messing up all efforts to improve our democracy. Now guess who this Buhari was (an ex-military), and who brought him to power (Nigerians).

Until Nigeria bans the involvement of past and new military leaders in our political affairs we'll never get it right. You mentioned Sowore as an example of youth involvement in politics. But sorry to burst your bubble. Sowore, the dude should never be mentioned as a role model. He's a bad role model who knew about the military actions in Nigeria before hand, has been arrested as an SUG leader under Abacha, save for the US who saved his life and gave him succor's to the states, and yet, foolishly convinced other youths in 2011 up to 2015 to support the candidature of General Buhari. And it was this same Buhari that enjoyed the dictatorship of Abacha as the PTF chairman He never for once resigned his post in protest against Abacha’s killings and still speak good of Abacha till date. If Sowore means well, he should join hands to remove Buhari in 2019 election, by rallying the youths to support another alternative. But what did he do, he selfishly ran for Presidency and when he lost, called for a revolution to enthrone himself.

As a matter of fact, despite how bad GEJ government was, we had democracy growing in truth and in act. However, a lot of lazy people who wanted a quick fix (same way a lot of you are calling for the military) went to the home of a retired coupist to select him for Presidency.

Where they saying that they never knew Buhari’s antecedent as a former dictator, or that they was nobody in the north fit enough to defeat GEJ? So please spare me the sermons, most Nigerians are as culpable as the problem we faced since the coming of democracy in 1999. We made bad choices by electing the wrong persons in our federal and state elections. If we are looking for some fake Messiah to save us, then we are wasting our time. When we are tired of the nonsense happening in this country, we'll come together, drop our difference and take back our country from vandals and turn it to a great place. And that can only happen either through the ballot box or a civilian sponsored revolution. The military as an option is a good solution for those who enjoy backwardness. And their place belong in hell.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by miketayo(m): 9:22pm On Aug 19, 2020
yongg:
k

Believe or not, with this kind of taunting long and frequent enough, boom! You might just wake up to the news of attempted coups, even multiple ones with backups that have their corresponding backups, sigh.

Oinnn not these ones
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by engrchykae(m): 9:36pm On Aug 19, 2020
What we have in Nigeria military is coward job seekers.
Shame of a country.
No patriotic soldiers.
Gone are the days of patriotic soldiers like murtala,the original buhari,ojukwu,Yar adua (shehu)
Now we have idiots who can't go out of their way and terminate Boko Haram.
20 patriotic soldiers can terminate Boko Haram and face the consequences of their disobedience,all die na die after all.
Finally Nigeria army is the shame of africa.still west Africa frontier force waiting for orders from London.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Tinocosta17(m): 9:41pm On Aug 19, 2020
Strong men...
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Bluffly: 9:45pm On Aug 19, 2020
politicsng:
Na lie. His own is cluelesness
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Timblaze(m): 9:57pm On Aug 19, 2020
wink2015:
COUP WILL STILL HAPPEN IN NIGERIA.

It is just a matter of time.

The Khaki boys are watching.

They are never tired.
Hmm, Nigeria! Where our military Generals are politician..
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 19, 2020
Military coup is better as far there is good intentions..
But there is no form of government that is not better than Nigerian democracy!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

US Politics Today! / Students In Kenya Having Group Sex Caught (Photos+Video) / Joe Biden: Secret Service Displays Biggest Motorcade Procession In History(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.