Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,160 members, 7,890,930 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:47 AM

A Save Our Soul Message To Gov. Fashola From Ogun Citizens! We Need You As A Part Time Governor. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Save Our Soul Message To Gov. Fashola From Ogun Citizens! We Need You As A Part Time Governor. (940 Views)

Ogun State At 40: List Of Dignitaries From Ogun / Happy Birthday To A Great Visionary Of Our Time. Governor Nyesom Wike / An Sos(save Our Soul) Message To Gov Anayo Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Save Our Soul Message To Gov. Fashola From Ogun Citizens! We Need You As A Part Time Governor. by seanet02: 6:06am On Feb 17, 2011
Dearest Gov. Fashola, it is with deep sadness and sorrow we am writing this S.O.S.  to you. We have travelled through the whole length and width of Nigeria looking for a Sitting Governor who can save us from a plaguing disease that is currently ravaging our dear OGUN state. The situation in our state is so tensed up that we dont know where we will all end up. We fear we could be sold as slaves in our own fatherland. Sir, we want you to come to our rescue in OGUN state even if its on a Part time basis as we will not like to derail the developmental revolution Lagos state is going through. Sir, for the Past 8 months, the Gates of Olabisi Onabanjo University has been under lock despite the Fact that students were made to pay over N160,000 as School fees while the Medical students pays as much as N400,000.  Our government have good into total abeyance. The students of the state owned Tai Solarin University of Education just returned to School from a four month old strike due to non payment of a year salaries of staff running into billions of Naira. Yet the state government generates an average of 4.2 billion Naira monthly both in IGR and allocation. For the past 4 months the state government have not remited the cooperative deductions of the state workers to the Appopriate Quaters which is just like saying the government have not paid three months salary since the deductions is almost 80 percent of the salary. The state workers future is in jeopardy as the government have not paid the deducted 7.5% of the workers salary it deducted for the past two years not to even talk of remiting its own 7.5% statutory part payment. The mortuary in the state hospitals have been leased out to private cronies. The secondary schools have not been paid running costs from 2009. The state hospital does not have a functional Stand by generating set, and if you think this is a lie get in touch with the Rotary club and ask what was their experience at the hospitals when they came to conduct a free eye surgery for the masses. Sir our roads have now turn to death traps due to non challant attitude of the government. The security situation of the state is so bad that Armed robbery incidents is now a regular occurence in the major towns due to the state governments distribution of arms to rogues and cult groups. We have not have a functional House of Assembly since september last year. This have never happened in the history of democracy in Nigeria even though majority of our assemblies are mere rubber stamps. You will note i have not mention a governor as i dont believe there exist one. Please come to our rescue. We need you on part time in OGUN state as governor. Help before it is too late
Re: A Save Our Soul Message To Gov. Fashola From Ogun Citizens! We Need You As A Part Time Governor. by EkoIle1: 6:15am On Feb 17, 2011
Very sad read,
Re: A Save Our Soul Message To Gov. Fashola From Ogun Citizens! We Need You As A Part Time Governor. by Ismail0071(m): 6:41am On Feb 17, 2011
The situation in the state is disheartening. I am of the opinion that this is the worst governor nigeria has ever had. Go and ask residents of mowe and ibafo. They would tell you better.
Re: A Save Our Soul Message To Gov. Fashola From Ogun Citizens! We Need You As A Part Time Governor. by texazzpete(m): 7:27am On Feb 17, 2011
What a whiny letter!
There are elections in April to vote in new leaders. Instead of the OP to start sensitizing the people in his/her environs to vote for credible leadership, they'd rather waste their time on useless writeups.

If the Ogun people need change, let them troop out en masse to vote out PDP and all the rascals in power. Any other course of action is sheer foolishness.
Re: A Save Our Soul Message To Gov. Fashola From Ogun Citizens! We Need You As A Part Time Governor. by Nobody: 7:33am On Feb 17, 2011
ROTFL @ part time gov. oh gosh grin grin grin
Re: A Save Our Soul Message To Gov. Fashola From Ogun Citizens! We Need You As A Part Time Governor. by fstranger3(m): 7:42am On Feb 17, 2011
OGD is not as bad

Dont forget that OGD is one of the best administrators in Nigeria. One of the very few home made successes. He is self made and that says a lot about his administrative skills. I have been to his company with its HQ on Ikorodu road, and I tell ya, it is as good as any one any where in the world. The Ogunstate problem is not just OGD's alone, we have to take a deeper look at other arms of government and prominent people in the state like Kuye and OBJ.

I know some one has to be held responsible, but putting all the blame on him, ignoring his political detractors, is just laughable.
Re: A Save Our Soul Message To Gov. Fashola From Ogun Citizens! We Need You As A Part Time Governor. by seanet02: 7:57am On Feb 17, 2011
texazzpete:

What a whiny letter!
There are elections in April to vote in new leaders. Instead of the OP to start sensitizing the people in his/her environs to vote for credible leadership, they'd rather waste their time on useless writeups.

If the Ogun people need change, let them troop out en masse to vote out PDP and all the rascals in power. Any other course of action is sheer foolishness.
did you ask whether this letter was also printed physicaly and distributed among the citizenry before jumping to a dumb conclusion?
fstranger3:

OGD is not as bad

Dont forget that OGD is one of the best administrators in Nigeria. One of the very few home made successes. He is self made and that says a lot about his administrative skills. I have been to his company with its HQ on Ikorodu road, and I tell ya, it is as good as any one any where in the world. The Ogunstate problem is not just OGD's alone, we have to take a deeper look at other arms of government and prominent people in the state like Kuye and OBJ.

I know some one has to be held responsible, but putting all the blame on him, ignoring his political detractors, is just laughable.
okay lets put the blame on me.
Re: A Save Our Soul Message To Gov. Fashola From Ogun Citizens! We Need You As A Part Time Governor. by fstranger3(m): 8:01am On Feb 17, 2011
^^^

you should have thought about that before posting your arrant tripe
Re: A Save Our Soul Message To Gov. Fashola From Ogun Citizens! We Need You As A Part Time Governor. by seanet02: 9:53am On Feb 17, 2011
fstranger3:

^^^

you should have thought about that before posting your arrant tripe
Oti n Pae olodo
Re: A Save Our Soul Message To Gov. Fashola From Ogun Citizens! We Need You As A Part Time Governor. by texazzpete(m): 6:05pm On Feb 17, 2011
seanet02:

did you ask whether this letter was also printed physicaly and distributed among the citizenry before jumping to a dumb conclusion? okay lets put the blame on me.

Even worse! Instead of egging on the citizenry to go out and vote out these monsters, you're actually distributing this? Foolishness upon foolishness!

Why should i have 'checked whether it was printed' before commenting? Perhaps i should also have asked you how much Indian Hemp you smoked first before posting this nonsense abi?
Re: A Save Our Soul Message To Gov. Fashola From Ogun Citizens! We Need You As A Part Time Governor. by Nobody: 12:32am On Feb 19, 2011
fstranger3:

OGD is not as bad

his skills as an engineer have not translated kinto development in ogun state. and when you consider his flagrant abuse of the rule of law, what with the house shenanigans and the desperation to force a bond in the twilight days of his tenure -

the man cannot be defended. he has failed woefully
Re: A Save Our Soul Message To Gov. Fashola From Ogun Citizens! We Need You As A Part Time Governor. by seanet02: 10:24am On Feb 19, 2011
texazzpete:

Even worse! Instead of egging on the citizenry to go out and vote out these monsters, you're actually distributing this? Foolishness upon foolishness!

Why should i have 'checked whether it was printed' before commenting? Perhaps i should also have asked you how much Indian Hemp you smoked first before posting this nonsense abi?
Dumbest i have ever seen in nairaland!! How did you expect us to convince people against voting for PDP, Is not by enlightening them on the various areas PDP has failed in governance? Do you just tell them dont vote for PDP? You can only enlighten them through this type of things. You are such a dumb poster. Dont let me see you post this type of trash on any thread on nl again. You bloody simpleton
Re: A Save Our Soul Message To Gov. Fashola From Ogun Citizens! We Need You As A Part Time Governor. by fstranger3(m): 10:29am On Feb 19, 2011
seanet02:

Dumbest i have ever seen in nairaland!! How did you expect us to convince people against voting for PDP, Is not by enlightening them on the various areas PDP has failed in governance? Do you just tell them dont vote for PDP? You can only enlighten them through this type of things. You are such a dumb poster. Dont let me see you post this type of trash on any thread on nl again. You bloody simpleton

You are definitely Sagamite!
Re: A Save Our Soul Message To Gov. Fashola From Ogun Citizens! We Need You As A Part Time Governor. by 10cirenoh: 11:07am On Feb 19, 2011
texazzpete:

Are you this silly? get a brain mr man, you are just too stupid to think on your own.
Re: A Save Our Soul Message To Gov. Fashola From Ogun Citizens! We Need You As A Part Time Governor. by seanet02: 11:29am On Feb 19, 2011
fstranger3:

You are definitely Sagamite!
how? Mo ro bi o ti mu oti yo?

(1) (Reply)

Bode Ge*orge / Governor- Sgf, Fct Minister Are Closet Acn Members! / Buhari Cancelled Rail Projects - Jonathan Is Building Rail Projects. Vote Wisely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.