Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,088 members, 7,939,398 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 02:44 AM

Great/famous People From Your State! - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Great/famous People From Your State! (72819 Views)

States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. / I Q of Famous People / Famous People From Nigeria By Adeola Aderounmu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by PhysicsMHD(m): 9:30pm On Feb 25, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Isiekenesi in Imo state. Olaudah wrote that he came from Essaka. Though some say he is Delta Igbo from Ishaka in Ukwuani area.

What I mean is that the reference he made with regard to the "King of Benin" and the tributary status of his village to the king of Benin precludes an Imo state location and suggests a Delta Igbo location. Also, Isiekenesi sounds nothing like Essaka.
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by AndreUweh(m): 9:38pm On Feb 25, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

What I mean is that the reference he made with regard to the "King of Benin" and the tributary status of his village to the king of Benin precludes an Imo state location and suggests a Delta Igbo location. Also, Isiekenesi sounds nothing like Essaka.
Isiekenesi is also called Isieke and pronounced as Iseke. Hence Iseke could be Essaka.
The Delta Igbo one looks credible as well but researchers are needed to solve this issue.
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by Eziachi: 9:43pm On Feb 25, 2011
otokx:

^ ^ yeah rite; impressive on paper with nothing to show for it on ground.

I take it, you haven't visited towns like Awka Etiti, Ojoto, Uruagu Nnewi, Amichi etc and see the kind of edifice this guys build and lives in?
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by cau: 9:51pm On Feb 25, 2011
Eziachi:

I take it, you haven't visited towns like Awka Etiti, Ojoto, Uruagu Nnewi, Amichi etc and see the kind of edifice this guys build and lives in?

Exactly, you just spoke my mind. I was wondering what he meant by Anambra has nothing to show. Well, I can rightly say that Anambra villages/towns are the most developed in Nigeria no state even comes close none at all.
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by PhysicsMHD(m): 9:53pm On Feb 25, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Isiekenesi is also called Isieke and pronounced as Iseke. Hence Iseke could be Essaka.
The Delta Igbo one looks credible as well but researchers are needed to solve this issue.

Right, but the Benin reference is very unambiguous so unless you know of a place in Imo that was ever under Benin, he would almost certainly have been describing a Delta Igbo village.
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by Eziachi: 9:54pm On Feb 25, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

I'm pretty sure that the geographical area that that guy claimed could not have been in Imo state. Just pointing that out.
Olaudah Equiano is from Imo state town called Isseke in the present day Orsu local govt area. The town is sandwiched between Awo Idemilli and Ihialla local govt area of Anambra state.
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by ezeagu(m): 9:58pm On Feb 25, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Right, but the Benin reference is very unambiguous so unless you know of a place in Imo that was ever under Benin, he would almost certainly have been describing a Delta Igbo village.

Some say Olaudah was from Ashaka in Ukwuani (Delta State), but his focus on the story of the sacred python suggests that he came from the Anambra/North Imo area, I'm not sure if the python is that sacred in Ukwuani. Again Equianio could have been, like some are suggesting, a slave who was never born in Africa and overheard these stories from his fellow slaves in South Carolina. But the amount of things he wrote on Igbo culture and with the accuracy was too much. There's also an Essaka in Ebonyi, but that is way off.
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by PhysicsMHD(m): 10:04pm On Feb 25, 2011
Yeah, I know of the theory of him actually being born in America, and what I was saying to them is that you can't place him in a place that completely contradicts his Benin statement unless you think he was just making stuff up; in which case he wasn't born in Nigeria at all but in South Carolina like some scholars believe. It's possible that he was just overstating the extent of Benin's influence, but the way he stated it was quite clear about Essaka being one of the remotest "provinces" of Benin.
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by ezeagu(m): 10:15pm On Feb 25, 2011
Okay, I re read what he wrote, and it's definitely not anywhere over the Niger. He identifies as a citizen of Benin.

This kingdom is divided into many provinces and districts: in one of the most remote and fertile of which I was born in the year 1745, situated in a charming fruitful vale, named Essaka.

And he says he was far from Benin or the coast, which makes the Ashaka case stronger. The only thing that does not match up if it is Ashaka is the absence of the Niger in The Narrative, even though it had not been fully explored by Westerners, he still would have mentioned it, unless his community ignored the mile wide river right next to them. It doesn't sound right.

The distance of this province from the capital of Benin and the sea coast must be very considerable : for I had never heard of white men or Europeans, nor of the sea ; and our subjection to the- king of Benin was little more than nominal.

Wait, but he says he was kidnapped by a very large river with many canoes and remembered being scared. I think Olaudah Equiano was form Ashaka.
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by Obiagu1(m): 11:39pm On Feb 25, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Ess[b]a[/b]k[b]a[/b] is must more likely to be Ish[b]a[/b]k[b]a[/b] than Is[b]e[/b]k[b]e[/b].
'e' and 'a' are not the same.

His reference to Benin Kingdom nailed it to Ishaka.
Olaudah is not from Imo but from Delta. This shouldn't even be an argument because it's clear as water except Imo was under Benin Empire.
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by chiogo(f): 2:44am On Feb 26, 2011
Nnamdi Azikiwe
Chinua Achebe
Chimamanda Adichie
Dora Akunyili (I think)

grin
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by cau: 4:14am On Feb 26, 2011
Also from Anambra

James Nwoye Adichie: Nigeria's first professor of statistics

James Nwoye Adichie was born on March 1, 1932 in Abba, Njikoka Local Government Area of Anambra State. After passing the Advanced Level General Certificate of Education ('A' level GCE) examinations in Pure mathematics, Applied mathematics, English and Latin, he was admitted into the University College Ibadan (UCI) now the University of Ibadan (UI) in 1957 to read mathematics. In those days when the UCI was a college of the University of London and was the only university institution in Nigeria, it was a remarkable achievement for a student to be admitted into the College. He graduated B.A. Mathematics of the University of London in 1960 among the top three students in a class of 13. At that time a student was awarded the B.A. degree if his/her A-Level subject combination included arts subjects in addition to the mathematics subject; and the B.Sc degree if his/her subjects combination consisted of mathematics and science subjects.

Soon after graduating, he went on to lecture first at the Nigerian College of Science and Technology, Enugu, and later at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) until September 1963, when he proceeded to the prestigious University of California at Berkeley, USA. This is one of the greatest centres of statistical excellence in the USA if not in the world. In a record time of three years he earned a Ph.D. degree in statistics in 1966, the first Nigerian to do so. He promptly returned to the UNN and 10 years later, in October 1976, he was promoted a Professor of Statistics, the first of his kind in Nigeria.

Adichie's main area of research is Non-Parametric Methods of Statistical Analysis. These methods seek to develop new methods of analysis that are valid under realistic assumptions. He was such a renowned scholar in this field that he was invited by some leading British universities to deliver a series of lectures on his work. The universities are Cambridge, London (Imperial College), Aberystwyth, Birmingham, Sheffield, and Glasgow. At different points in his brilliant academic career, he was a visiting fellow at the University of Sheffield, England and a visiting professor at the San Diego State University, California, U.S.A.

Apart from delivering many brilliant academic papers at several workshops, conferences and seminars locally and abroad, Adichie has published numerous scholarly papers in reputable learned journals and has served as a reviewer for some of them including the Journal of the American Statistical Association, the Annals of Mathematical Statistics, the Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series A, etc. He is a member of many learned societies including the International Statistical Institute (ISI) of which he was the first Nigerian to be elected a full ordinary member in 1978; the Institute of Mathematical Statistics, the Mathematical Association of Nigeria of which he was once the general secretary, to mention a few. Incidentally, the ISI with headquarters in The Hague, Netherlands, is the world apex statistical organization. He was the first editor of the Journal of the Statistical Association of Nigeria and at one time an associate editor of the ABACUS - Journal of the Mathematical Association of Nigeria.

At the UNN where he was a distinguished teacher of statistics for 33 years, he was the supervisor of the first post-graduate student to obtain a master's degree of the UNN in 1971 and in 1973; helped in the establishment of the department of statistics, one of the first two such departments in Nigeria, the other one being that of the UI. As the first head of that department, Adichie spent the next six years nurturing it to enviable heights. He was again made the head of the department from 1985-1988. He served as the Dean of the Faculty of Physical Sciences and as the Deputy Vice-Chancellor of the Nsukka Campus of the university.

As an elected member of Council of the University, he made tremendous contributions to the progress of the university through his activities in the various committees of the Council and some other non-Council Committees. His activities are not limited to the UNN. He served as external examiner in mathematics and statistics at various Nigerian universities. Apart from his contribution to the development of statistics in the Nigerian university system, he played a key role in the development of the National Mathematics Centre (NMC). He, with three others, prepared for the Federal Government in 1987/88 a proposal for setting up the NMC. He later served as member of a Representative Group of Mathematical Scientists that met the Technical Expert Committee Visitation Panel for the upgrading of the NMC to the status of an International Centre for Excellence. He served the Centre in various capacities. He was a member of its academic board, a member of two of its strategic committees, and professor and coordinator of its statistics programme, He organised the Centre's first Foundation Post-Graduate Course on mathematical statistics and the first Foundation Post-Graduate Course on Exact and Asymptotic Statistical Inference.

Adichie took to the international fora his passion for giving statistical education a pride of place in the curricula of Nigerian and indeed of African countries. On several occasions, he delivered papers relating to Statistical education and training not only in Nigeria but also in the whole of Africa. .In the administration of statistics in the Nigerian public service, Adichie's name will also feature prominently. He was a member of the National Advisory Council on Statistics and served as the Chairman of the Committee for the Reorganisation of the Federal Office of Statistics (FOS) which is now called the National Bureau of Statistics.

It is interesting to note that Adichie is not the only one in his family to have scored a first in his chosen career. Ifeoma, his wife of 46 years was the first female registrar of the UNN while his fifth child, Chimamanda, is the first young female Nigerian literary voice to be world-acclaimed. She has received many international awards and nominations for her literary works. Having demonstrated the main reason for writing about Adichie - that of giving honour to whom honour is due, I have two other reasons which, though, may appear personal, do speak volumes about the personality and integrity of the man. .As already mentioned, Adichie and I first met and became friends at the UCI. In fact, one of our lecturers, Chike Obi, who became famous for being the first Nigerian holder of a doctorate degree in mathematics, used to call us brothers because he thought that we looked so much alike,

Since graduation, we have crossed each other's path at the professional level on various occasions. I will mention only two of them. Adichie was one of the sponsors of my nomination in 1980 for election as a member of the ISI. With my election, I became the second Nigerian to be so honoured, he having been elected in 1978.

When I was the Chief Statistical Training Adviser at the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) in Addis Ababa, he requested some information needed for the preparation of a paper to be presented at an international conference on the teaching of statistics. I gladly obliged. Lo and behold, he included my name as a co-author of the paper. What a mark of intellectual integrity? My last, but by no means the least important reason is that every now and then I get embarrassed when I am introduced in public as the first Nigerian Professor of Statistics. Let Nigerians now be informed - James Nwoye Adichie is the first Nigerian Professor of Statistics! He is now retired and lives in Nsukka.

Afonja, the second Nigerian professor of statistics, lives in Abeokuta, Ogun State

1 Like

Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by Dawgpound: 4:51am On Feb 26, 2011
Rivers (OGONI)

Ken Saro Wiwa

1 Like

Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by Metalgoong(m): 8:40pm On Feb 26, 2011
ANAMBRA STATE continues

Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce a self made billionaire and the highest private employer in Anambra state, NICHOLAS UKACHUKWU. Tne chairman and CEO of Snecou Group of companies. ( http://snecougroup.com/subsidiaries-princeandprincess.html )

HON. C.N UKACHUKWU PROFILE

It is often said that world stands apart for those who know where they are going . Thus it has been for this diligent ,intelligent and highly patriotic Nigerian was pregnant with sole vision of providing houses for all Nigerians irrespective of their status ,standing in life or pedigree in fairness ,caution must be considered in the cause of revealing the crowded list of achievement of this great Nigerian leader. Hard work loyalty ,philanthropic commitments and dedication to duty and vision especially providing homes for all Nigerians.

He is a corporate giant highly respected in the Real estate sector,Extremely gifted articulated vision driven. intellectually engaging purposeful ,self motivated and compulsive visionary that is affecting many lves in Nigeria and world beyond.

Hon. C.N Ukachukwu is an embodiment of audacity of hope which is captured as follows:

1.i. The hope a rejected confused man dwelling under the bridge with no hope of getting his own.
2.ii. The hope of the poor or averaged salary earner in Nigeria who believes that they will forever feed under the roof of a retched landlord
3.iii. The hope of poor widow in our society .
One may ask who is the veriable and patriotic Nigerian endowed with a god public imager,great zest and commitment at providing affordable accommodation for teeming Nigerian population.

Hon. C.N Ukachukwu is a wise observer of human condition ,a figure who possesses perseverance that has flashes of grandeur .

Fifty years ago a dynamic and remittable leader was born in Osumenyi ,Nnewi South Local government area of Anambara state .From that time he has had the blessings of God ,now climbing the ladder of success with a midas touch.

Prince C.N Ukachukwu has always been a man of positive multilateral parts extremely sound and vision driven .He started his formal education at Omigwe primary school ,Osumenyi Nnewi South (FSLC),he later gained admission into Dennis Grammer school ,excelling with top grades in all his subjects ,he subsequently moved to higher academic ladder bagging a diploma and certificate in business administration from the university of Calabar.

A Cursory glance at Prince C.N Ukachukwu will reveal not only an embodiment of good conduct but also a distinguished Nigerian .He has left in the sand of time for generation to come ,indelible giant , successful politician and evangelist of God .

He was the former Igbo representative for AMAC/BWARI Federal constituency Abuja .He has been chairman of different committees in Federal Para status.

Prince C.N Ukachukwu ‘s company Prince and Princess properties has developed averagely 2000 housing units for Nigerians at Abuja metropolis

POLITICAL POSITIONS HELD IN THE PAST

•Hon. Member House of Representatives AMAC/BWARI federal constituency.
•Chairman House of Representative committee on Federal Capital territory
•Chairman House of Reps Committee on Oil and Gas.

OCCUPATION

Businessman, Politician, Industrialist, and Estate Developer.

Companies

•Prince & Princess Properties Limited.
In line with monetization policy, and in collaboration with FCT and Federal Government, Prince and Princess Properties Limited built 1750 housing units in Abuja which are fully occupied.

•Niccus Industries Limited.
The company is a manufacturing Concern and has over 12 product lines, some of which include the following. Can and Juice Processing Ladies sanitary towels. Baby Diapers. Pencils. Medicated, Antiseptic, Toilet and Bar Soap. Plastic bottles and bottled water. Instant Noodles. Jute sack and Ghana must go bags. Converted papers and cartons. Polythene, shopping and packing bags. Niccus Industries Limited is located at Nkpor junction Onitsha. With a direct employment capacity of 6000 persons and indirect labour of 1000 persons, also the company has a positive and strong community relations initiative which has changed the immediate environment of the community where the industry / factory is located and a very strong economic boost of the community.

•Riok International Company limited.
The company is also into Roads, Bridges, Culverts and other Heavy civil engineering works.

•Phil-Tech Oil and Gas Services Limited.
Provides various services ranging from Marketing of Oil and Gas to Supply of vehicles.

•P & P Construction Limited
The outfit is into road, bridges and culvert construction.

•Henry & Nick Associates Limited.
Professionals in Medical Equipment installation and supplies.

•Integrated Royal Oil and Gas Limited.
The company is into oil prospecting.

•Prince & Princess Pharmaceutical Company Limited
The company is located in Abuja and is into marketing of drugs.

•Prince & Princess Savings and Loans Limited.
The company is involved in Mortgage financing.
He is also Board Chairman of:

Royal Trust Fund (PFA).

British Nigeria Academy, International School, Abuja.

PHILANTROPHISM

SCHOLARSHIPS:
About 125 students are on his scholarship payroll ranging from secondary to tertiary institutions.

EMPLOYMENT:
He has provided permanent employment for over 25,000 persons. He has also provided temporary jobs (contracts) for over 20,000 persons.

SUPPORT:
He has empowered over 80 youths financially, by upgrading their trading status. He has assisted and encouraged widows by building houses for them and giving them monthly feeding allowances. He founded Prince C.N Ukachukwu International Outreach Ministries to rehabilitate and reform stray youths, touching lives and saving souls.

SPECIAL SKILLS:

•Ability to manage Turnkey Projects
•Ability to harmonize Materials and Human Resources/appraisal of unique qualities.
•Ability to negotiate group interest.
•Ability to mobilize Grass root support.
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS MEMBERSHIP

Member, International Institute of unipolarism and hegemony.

Fellow of Royal League of Buckingham

Fellow of Royal Dutch Institute.

AWARDS EXCELLENCE.

•National achievement award by Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
•Award as Eastern Ambassador in the house of representative by Anambra State Counselors forum
•Recognition of Exceptional Achievement Award by the state of Ohio.
•Award by Entrepreneurial and Merchantalistic Excellence by World Trade Organization.
•National merit Award by Federal Road safety commission.
•Gold Honors Award by Northern Federation of Osumenyi Town Assembly.
•Grand Star Friend by St Andrew’s Anglican Church.
•Merit award by Scripture Union Nigeria
•Lions Award of excellence by the students union government University of Nigeria, Enugu campus.
•The Giant by Students Union Government Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka, Anambra State.
•Millennium Estate Developer Cum Industrialist Award, Federal Polytechnic Oko Alumni Association.
•Fellow of Chaplains Corps, Divine Institute of Chaplaincy Corps Int’l Inc.
•NUJ Man of the year award. ( 2006)
•House of Representatives United States of America.
TRADITIONAL TITLES HELD

•Mmaejigbuagu of Igboland.
•Owelle of Osumeyi
•Ikukuoma of Ezinifite
•Ebube Agu of Awka
•SarikinYakin Jiwa
•Sarduanar Shere
PATRON OF THE FOLLOWING ORGANIZATIONS

Patron South East Cacaus (AMAC)

Patron of Police Community Relations

Patron of Police Community Relations

South East Asia front on Globalization

Patron of Amnesty International

Grand Patron South East Students Union

Grand Patron National Association of Polytechnic Students (NAPS)

Grand Patron South East Students Union

Grand Patron South East People’s Assembly

PROFILE SUMMERY

Ukachukwu is a Patron of South East Cacaus (A.M.AC), Patron of South East Asia Front on Globalization, Patron Police Community Relations, Patron of Amnesty International, Grand Patron National Association of Polytechnic Students (NAPS), Grand Patron South East Students Union, Grand Patron South East Peoples Assembly, Grand Patron Nigerian Youth Organization Nnewi South. He enjoys Philanthropy, Reading Christian Books, Evangelism and Traveling; he is widely traveled both on business and evangelic purposes locally and internationally. Prince Ukachukwu Prince Chukwujekwu Nicholas has touched so many lives in his immediate community, Nation and the World at large, through his scholarship awards, especially to the less privileged, housing development schemes, job creation and provision of basic infrastructure and economic empowerment for widows. He has helped in redirecting the energies of the youths into meaningful activities by affording them the opportunities to be educated and gainfully employed. His philanthropic disposition is something to admire. Prince Ukachukwu is the founder of Prince C.N Ukachukwu Outreach Ministries International, for touching lives, saving souls, a devout evangelist spreading the word of God, with an ultra modern camping facility at Kwali, Abuja, called ALONE WITH GOD, for spiritual upliftment and edification.
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by Natasha2(f): 3:01pm On Feb 27, 2011
fstranger3:

Sorry to break it to you, you are not great. At best, mediocre, but truly, a nonentity. cool cool

did i talk to you? why did you have to insult me? i think between us you are the nonentity since you cannot identify a joke . You are a crazy fool and a BIG GUY WITH A MINIATURE BRAIN UNABLE TO COMPREHEND I don't need anyone to tell me i'm great cos i already know unlike you bozo . And since when did we become enemies that you have to insult me this way? now you have made me loose my temper but i don't regret it. LOUSY FOOL
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by davit: 2:13pm On Sep 24, 2012
[b]ANAMBRA STATE
[/b]Hello peeep. I am not from Anambra State, but i think it has more great people and places than any other state of the nation. You can dispute me here:
http://zodml.org/h7sw or

http://www.zodml.org/Nigeria/nigeria_geography_content_articles.php?article_id=nmzvrotkusoxwlyjrqp.

I recently stumbled on so many articles about all the states in Nigeria from the site.
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by ROYALD(m): 1:42am On Jun 27, 2013
Ikengawo: IMO

Osita Iheme
Uche Okafor
Genevive Nnaji
Stephanie Okereke
Naeto C
Arthur Nzeribe

Kanayo O Kanayo
Rita Dominic
D.ick Tiger
Maurice Iwu
Leonard Nnamdi Ekeh (founder Zinox Technologies, first computer company in Nigeria)
Onyeka Onwenu
Bright Chimeze
Catherine Obianuju Acholonu
Evan Enwerem
Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu
Kingsley Ozuomba Mbadiwe
Samuel "Sam" Onunaka Mbakwe
Frederick Nnabuenyi Ugonna
Obed Chukwuma Ariri
Obinna Eregbu
Oby Kechere
*Forest Whittaker
*Danny Glover
C. Paschal Eze
Oby Kechere
Munachi Abii
Michael Joseph Chukwudalu Echeruo
Celestine babayaro
Rose Uzoma former Nigeria Comptroller General Of Immigration,
Sir warrior
Rochas Okorocha
EZIKEL izugwu
Dig tiger
Augustin Ezeani orange drug

Chioma Ajunwa OLYMPIC MEDALIST
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by EzePromoe: 2:33am On Jun 27, 2013
Ikengawo: IMO

Osita Iheme
Uche Okafor
Genevive Nnaji
Stephanie Okereke
Naeto C
Arthur Nzeribe
Nwankwo  Kanu
Kanayo O Kanayo
Rita Dominic
D.ick Tiger
Maurice Iwu
Leonard Nnamdi Ekeh (founder Zinox Technologies, first computer company in Nigeria)
Onyeka Onwenu
Bright Chimeze
Catherine Obianuju Acholonu
Evan Enwerem
Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu
Kingsley Ozuomba Mbadiwe
Samuel "Sam" Onunaka Mbakwe
Frederick Nnabuenyi Ugonna
Obed Chukwuma Ariri
Obinna Eregbu
Oby Kechere
*Forest Whittaker
*Danny Glover
C. Paschal Eze
Oby Kechere
Munachi Abii
Michael Joseph Chukwudalu Echeruo
Seun is crazy cheesy
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by ChuksUNited: 9:58am On Dec 24, 2013
@ikengawo point of correction, Bright Chimezie is from Umuahia not IMO state. pls do your research well before you spread wrong info.
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:11pm On Dec 24, 2013
Una node taya grin
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by SonOfEl(m): 3:31pm On Dec 24, 2013
abia state Gen. Aguiyi-ironsi, Dr. Michael Okpara, Gen. Ike Nwachukwu, Gen. Ebitu Ukiwe, abraham godson (first black polish MP), nwankwo kanu, nnamdi asomugha( american quarterback superstar), basketmouth, OC Ukeje, Prof. Eni Njoku(first VC, unilag, and first black VC UNN), Lt. Gen. Ihejirika, Prof. Iweala(US based neurosurgeon and Dr. Okonjo-iweala's husband), uzodinma iweala( M.D and author of acclaimed novel 'beast of no nation'), Bright Chimezie, etc etc, the list is endless.
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by meccuno: 4:38pm On Dec 24, 2013
alj harem1:

philph emeaguli is a fraud have you not read about him, he is a 419 haba well in anambra he is not great nor famous because he has disgraced us

ojukwu killed millions of us so what are you talking about

please poster think before you post
why not you post about your own state before checking others.......
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 24, 2013
You failed to put
S.L Akintola [ past premier governor of western region]
King Dr Saheed Osupa
late Mufutau Lanihun ( a business mogul)
Mutiu Adepoju( Former Super Eagles footballer)
Lere Paimo ( Veteran nollywood actor)
Abiola Ajumobi

All liars shall go to Hell. Mahatma Ghandi is from Okeho, I know his father compound very well

[size=18pt]Oyo[/size]

Alao-Akala -Ogbomoso
George Walker Bush - from Olori compound Fiditi (The senior is from Texas)
Adedibu -Ibadan
Hosni Mubarak - From igbo-ora
MC Elewe-Omo
Alhaji Tokyo
Dayokanu
Ahmedinejad - from Igbeti
Obesere
Michael Jackson - From lanlate
Barrister
Ghandi - From Okeho
Lady Gaga (Originally known as Ganiya Oseni from Lalupon)[/quote]
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by aumeehn: 8:10pm On Dec 24, 2013
ATIKU ABUBAKAR FROM ADAMAWA!!!!! OBJ GHOST... grin
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by peleson: 8:51pm On Dec 24, 2013
Guyman02: Kano State
Sani abacha
mohammed Abacha
Maitama Sule (Eloquent speaker of queens english)
Musa Dan Kwairo
Rabiu Kwankwaso
Ibrahim Shekarau
Isyaku Rabiu
Rabiu (designer of GM car)
etc
I don finish? And una dey dey worry everybody for this country
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by glamj94: 12:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
A mistake was made in my post ume slip my second name was written as my surname then my surname as my second name.in the hall I was told by one of the inviligators to write it as it is in my post ume.I just checked my result and its invalid,here is my reg 47012187IB.pls I really need u guys to help me kos am going crazy
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by tpiadotcom: 2:16pm On Jul 16, 2015

x
fstranger3:
^^^^

O ma n seye

O de ma n se mi gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Instead of the crap you wrote above: It should be "Any state that has not produced President, Vice President, Senate president or Speaker of the House should excuse us first."

Where you dey sef?

Always used to hold forth as if nairaland na the internet.

Very nasty mouth too
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by tpiadotcom: 2:38pm On Jul 16, 2015
hercules07:
@fstranger

See your mouth, Adedibu alone equals your yeye list, not to talk of Adelakun, I will search for a list of prominent Oyo people.

You didn't format your list properly, you have to add first and last names and maybe a short bio as well, even if its only one line.

In addition, you did not research at all.
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by tpiadotcom: 2:43pm On Jul 16, 2015
Natasha2:
embarassed we don't have any cry cry

That's a very negative confession.

Are there a lot of witches and wizards in your area?

Like, more than what usually obtains?
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by tpiadotcom: 3:02pm On Jul 16, 2015

I'd think Ekiti was in the same league with Lagos or Ogun state.

Yeah, maybe.
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by tpiadotcom: 3:04pm On Jul 16, 2015
SEFAGO:
^ So what you want to say ekiti people now own half of lagos

excuses

yeah ekiti is bottom with ondo. While Lagosians like Bank-anthony were raking in millions you guys were still into subsistence agriculture

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adeola_Odutola

http://www.onlinenigeria.com/people/ad.asp?blurb=57

See eminent lagosians and ogun people

Subsistence agriculture you say.
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by tpiadotcom: 3:16pm On Jul 16, 2015
cau:

The main idea of this thread is to respect and admire the great men produced by  different states of the country, after reading their achievements, it surely motivates someone.  But one state that has really not lived up to expectation is Oyo, I dont know why , despite its close proximity to Lagos,Ogun and even the lagoon through which the white man enter the country.

Oyo people tend to keep low profiles I think. Check the wiki page for their list of famous people.

In addition, the yoruba girl on america's next top model, was from oyo state. She was the second nigerian to be on the show. Kase Lawal, the richest Nigerian man in America, is also from Oyo state

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Simon Ekpa Shares Shirtless Photo Of Himself, Warns Critics / Photos: Presidential State Car Being Prepared For The Inauguration Ceremony / Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.