Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,352 members, 7,974,470 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 05:10 AM

Our Agenda Was To Completely Exploit You - Says British Colonial Officer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Agenda Was To Completely Exploit You - Says British Colonial Officer (1206 Views)

"Our Agenda Was To Completely Exploit Africa". -harold Smith / PDP - 2015 Is Not Part Of Our Agenda Yet / Our Agenda Was To Completely Exploit Africa. Nigeria Was My (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Agenda Was To Completely Exploit You - Says British Colonial Officer by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 17, 2011
[size=20pt]''Our agenda was to completely exploit Africa. Nigeria was my duty post''[/size]

Harold Smith Speaks About British Conspiracy To Keep Nigeria Down

The man Harold Smith is not new in Nigerian history. He is one of the architects of the colonial structure that midwifed Nigerian independence in 1960.

Hear him:

‘Our agenda was to completely exploit Africa. Nigeria was my duty post. When we assessed Nigeria, this was what we found in the southern region; strength, intelligence, determination to succeed, well established history, complex but focused life style, great hope and aspirations… the East is good in business and technology, the west is good in administration and commerce, law and medicine, but it was a pity we planned our agenda to give power “at all costs” to the northerners. They seemed to be submissive and 'stupi.d' of a kind. Our mission was accomplished by destroying the opposition at all fronts. The west led in the fight for independence, and was punished for asking for freedom.
(We said) 'They will not rule Nigeria!'

Harold Smith confessed that the Census results were announced before they were counted. ''Despite seeing vast land with no human but cattle in the north, we still gave the north 55 million instead of 32 Million. This was to be used to maintain their majority votes and future power bids.''

He stated that the West, even without Lagos was the most populous region in Nigeria at that time, ''but we ignored that''.

The north was seriously encouraged to go into the military. According to him, they believed that although the south may attain western education, the future leaders would always come from a military background. The northerners were given accelerated promotions both in the military and civil service to justify their 'superiority' over the south.

''Everything was to work against the south. We truncated their good plan for their future''.

“I was very sorry for the A.G. (Action Group). it was a great party. Too great by African standards (in our view). We planned to destroy Awolowo and Azikiwe, the west and the east, and sowed a seed of discord among them”.

''We tricked Azikiwe into accepting to be president having known that Balewa will be the main man with power. Awolowo was to go to jail to cripple his genius plans for a greater Nigeria.''

FRAUDSTERS

However, Harold Smith justified the British agenda of colonialism in Nigeria, which he believed was originally to help build Africa after the ruins of the slave trade, but lamented that the British only looked after themselves and not after Nigerian interests. ''The British really let Nigeria down. When I see Nigerians being accused of fraud today, and from what I saw on the streets of Lagos, the British were the worst fraudsters.''

According to him, Nigeria, a great nation, was crippled not because of military juntas or corrupt leaders alone but by the British and American fear of Nigeria's great future. He confessed, “The fear of the place that was to be our ‘dumping ground’ really occupied our minds”.

Some of the things he said were not new to Nigerians or to the whole world, but hearing it from the horse’s mouth is quite revealing. He finally submitted that the colonial masters caused havoc while they were in Africa, and planted time bombs when they finally left. 

He added that: ‘It was my duty to carry out all of the above and I was loyal to my country. Nigerians should try to be loyal to their country - leaders and followers alike. Love your country. You have got the potential to be great again and the whole world knows this’.

''I am sorry for the above evil done to Nigeria. I can’t say sorry enough……"

http://haroldsmithmemorial./tv-interview/
Re: Our Agenda Was To Completely Exploit You - Says British Colonial Officer by Nobody: 7:58pm On Feb 17, 2011
Bump
Re: Our Agenda Was To Completely Exploit You - Says British Colonial Officer by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 17, 2011
One can imagine the psychological turbulence and turmoil afflicting the minds of the ''doom and gloom'' Naijo-pessimists.

This set of people put the colonial ''masters'' on such a high pedestal, you have some even calling for them to return! (perhaps to orchestrate another diabolical plan to last a further 100 years). Such that when a thread like this emerges, it shatters everything they thought they knew about their beloved white British colonial ''masters''.

The result? A big fat silence on their part, hence the need to constantly bump this thread, till one of them grows the balls to actually say something.

Here's what I say though: We need to understand that there is nothing inherently wrong or bad about the Nigerian people. We are in fact, a very great people, with a great and established history of achievement. It's just that we were SET UP. It was actually a piece of cake for the British, as well as a no-brainer. The last thing they wanted was to see us develop and not need them. Not need their manufactures. This was why in 70 years of misrule they did not establish a national grid for electricity, did not establish a single university, and left our illustrious progenitors with a 7% literacy rate at independence.

That figure is now up to 72% courtesy of Nigerian rule. We are making progress however 'slowly'.

In many ways, we're doing quite well considering the diabolical social engineering by the British which set us up to fail. But we shall not fail. We will show that a great people can never be put down by Johnny Come Latelys to civilization, who were cave dwellers when we built the pyramids, the temples, and established the foundations of  human civilization.

Here's to the British: You cannot keep a blessed people down. Whom God has blessed, no man can curse.

Here's to Nigerians: Keep your chin up, fight for what is right, reduce your trust in western governments, do not believe for a second that you are less than any people or race, because that was what those who tried to destroy you wish you to believe. Do not grant them their wish. Move your nation forward, and God will be your guide.

Thanks  cool
Re: Our Agenda Was To Completely Exploit You - Says British Colonial Officer by PhysicsRND(m): 10:15pm On Feb 17, 2011
"The 50% Northern fix was only stage one of the master plan. Stage two was to keep the Southerners out of the North and to collect the maximum legitimate vote for the NPC. What that vote was we shall never know, because the win was essential and the numbers were juggled when and where necessary. Stage three was to destabilise Zik and place him under the control of Okotie Eboh. This was the stage at which I came in. It was my job to guarantee the safety of Okotie Eboh's Warri seat. My colleague Charles Bunker's job was to funnel large sums of money from British multinationals like Shell and BP to Okotie Eboh, who used the money to keep the bankrupt NCNC on the road. (He also funnelled vast sums to a Swiss Bank through middle men in the City of London). Okotie Eboh was the vital link man between the NCNC and the NPC. Stage four in 1962 was to destroy Awolowo, and the final stage was intended to remove Zik from the largely ceremonial post of President and scatter the NCNC to the wind." - Harold Smith, Excerpts from Harold Smith's unpublished memoirs, 12 March 1992

http://www./harold_smith/harold_smith_frm.htm

^^^^^

Bizarre statements like this are why Harold Smith is not taken seriously by people who know a little bit about that era.

Harold Smith is basically just a fringe guy and can't be relied upon to state the unequivocal truth or to even accurately know or understand the events he describes in his writings.

So when he says other things, whether they might have an element of truth in them, the British government just sits back and chuckles because they know he's made himself look like a loon.
Re: Our Agenda Was To Completely Exploit You - Says British Colonial Officer by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 17, 2011
I see nothing ''bizarre'' in what he said. Kindly educate us pls.

And please drop the irritating line on 'what the British govt thinks of him'. Quite apart from its irrelevance, you cannot claim to know what the British govt thinks of him, no matter how much they ''chuckle''.

1 Like

Re: Our Agenda Was To Completely Exploit You - Says British Colonial Officer by PhysicsRND(m): 10:33pm On Feb 17, 2011
And please drop the irritating line on 'what the British govt thinks of him'. Quite apart from its irrelevance, you cannot claim to know what the British govt thinks of him, no matter how much they ''chuckle''.

True, but if he had had any really compromising info MI5 or some other British agency would have acted on it and dealt with him, since, according to Harold Smith himself, the British government was not above threatening and blackmailing people as they supposedly did to him and Michael Crowder. (I'm not saying the British government is above threatening, blackmailing, or worse. I'm just pointing out that by this man's own claims and reasoning, he shouldn't even have been allowed to write so many articles and talk so much).

I'll describe what's wrong with that statement in my next post.
Re: Our Agenda Was To Completely Exploit You - Says British Colonial Officer by Nobody: 10:37pm On Feb 17, 2011
Why exactly would M15 bump him off? He's just one person. Just one squealer. He's no Malcolm X that holds rallies or draws huge public attention. The whole Nigeria is not talking about his accounts. So he is not seen as a threat by the British enough to be murdered.

And calling him a ''fringe guy'' is quite ludicrous. Hear him:

''When I suggest that the British Government meddled with the democratic elections in Nigeria, I write as an authority. I was chosen by his Excellency the Governor General, Sir James Robertson, to spearhead a covert operation to interfere with the elections. The laws of Nigeria were a sham and largely window-dressing to conceal, not mirror, the reality of where power lay. I drafted some of those laws.''

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/the-british-violation-of-nigeria-i-adapted-from-harold-smith/

This man knew more about what was going on behind the scenes than Awo, Zik, and Balewa put together.
Re: Our Agenda Was To Completely Exploit You - Says British Colonial Officer by karlmax2: 10:41pm On Feb 17, 2011
@rossike don't expect to be educated by PhysicsRND: he can't am sure he is from the north.that's how they called wole soyinka names on the post "THE CRIMES OF BUHARI.and called a great authur frederick foresight.great people who wrote the truth in exposing their secret with the british.in the whole entire north who has a noble prize for writing none only in looting and scheming to be president by force.
Re: Our Agenda Was To Completely Exploit You - Says British Colonial Officer by PhysicsRND(m): 10:46pm On Feb 17, 2011
karl max:

@rossike [b]don't expect to be educated by PhysicsRND: he can't am sure he is from the north.[/b]that's how they called wole soyinka names on the post "THE CRIMES OF BUHARI.and called a great authur frederick foresight.great people who wrote the truth in exposing their secret with the british.in the whole entire north who has a noble prize for writing none only in looting and scheming to be president by force.

?

What did I say about Soyinka? You mean this: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-605402.0.html#msg7736632

undecided

Don't let Me_Aboki see this claim in bold. He might bark at ya.
Re: Our Agenda Was To Completely Exploit You - Says British Colonial Officer by PhysicsRND(m): 11:25pm On Feb 17, 2011
ROSSIKE:

Why exactly would M15 bump him off? He's just one person. Just one squealer.

That's precisely why they could just take him out, Mossad style, if they felt it was serious. Or at least blackmail him into the ground. He's a nobody. Who's going to care? Who's going to find out? Who's going to do anything?
Re: Our Agenda Was To Completely Exploit You - Says British Colonial Officer by Nobody: 1:45am On Feb 18, 2011
PhysicsRND said:

Not fine. It's true that Okotie Eboh had a strong Northern connection politically, but the rest, especially the conjecture about "British multinationals like such and such" has no supporting evidence and he doesn't even seem to know any specifics, just vague assertions.

Sorry, but we do not feel the need to demand that Harold Smith produce ''evidence'' of Okotie Eboh receiving funds through the multinationals. Such things are not given to ready paper trails. His position as somebody ordered by the Governor General to subvert the political process grants him sufficient authority to make certain claims without us demanding he produce ''evidence'' to back everything he says.

What exactly would be this man's motives to falsify stories? Why should he care at all?

If he says the British had it in for Awo, I believe him 100%.

Awo, even according to Ojukwu, was ''the best president Nigeria never had''. Why would the British not do everything to stop him, given their policy of subverting Nigeria? By whatever means, they would have stopped him, with or without his problems with Akintola. Who knows what the British role was or wasn't in getting Awo to embrace the military option, as a set-up?

Even if he had somehow become executive president, they would likely have engineered his assassination.

And no, Harold Smith would not get bumped off by the M15, because that's really not how they operate all the time. You must have seen too many Bond movies. What the British establishment do to 'silence' people like Smith (and there are MANY people like him) is by getting the various media houses which they surreptitiously control, to ignore him, and refuse to publiish his articles, or interview him on tv etc. A simple media blackout is all they require to shut him out. Interestingly enough, Mr Smith has written that this is exactly what has happened. He's been snubbed by every major mainstream news organisation in the UK and its ''allies''.

That's really all the ''evidence'' we need.
Re: Our Agenda Was To Completely Exploit You - Says British Colonial Officer by Becomrichn: 2:22am On Feb 18, 2011
see pic

(1) (Reply)

Anenih Foils Edo Bank Robbery / Remi Tinubu Booed At “fela!” Show In Lagos / First Lady Don Do Am Again, Gbagaun, Gbosa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.