Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,187 members, 7,887,439 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:55 AM

Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review (26311 Views)

Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album / Grammy: Burna Boy Reacts As “Twice As Tall” Album Gets Nomination / Burna Boy’s "Twice As Tall" Album Launched In London (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 20, 2020
EarthKing:
From the negative comments up there about this album (Twice As Tall), you'd wonder less why our artists keep churning out kpangolo music with wide acceptance.

This album can be liking to classical music. It is for the matured minds. Sometimes one wonder why Kendrick Lamar keep winning the Grammy, but when you look at his lyrics, they are so deep from the average mind.

Exactly what Burna has done on this album. from the cover picture to the songs, intro and outro has a story to tell. #TwiceAsTall.

mekleelex200:
What a humor of comments, I was going through the comments as a guest but I have to log in to address something and make my submission.
Firstly, I don't blame anybody that said the album no sweet because most Nigeria love mediocre (look at our government; no pun intended), it is their choice and I respect that but please "make una stay for una mediocre lane".

Secondly, coming to the album, I was afraid of the release of the album because I felt it will be an art that will drag his reputation down and my love for him, so I was sceptical about listening to it but thank goodness I listened.
Oh my world! the first day I listened to TIME FLIES was project to the beyond, the vibes and melody in that sound is out of the world. Then I listened to BANK ON IT, I experienced OBE instantly, the way the song comes in strata is out of the world, I was praying that it will not end.

LEVEL UP was another good sound, NO FIT VEX made me realize how selfish and sentimental I was for my friends. I love all the songs with all my love except 2 songs produced by Zlatan producer (may be except COMMA because of the massage).
Then come to MONSTER YOU MADE, it is a classic of Burna, just like ANOTHER STORY AND DIFFERENT in AG, so I was not surprised because he is way too smart for a typical Nigeria to digest.

Finally, this album cut it off for be plus it is a Sequel of AG, since Burna Boy discorved his mojo in Outside album he came through in AG but this album is a classic.
I was surprised no one talked about the artwork (very outstanding), ooh I remember it is very difficult for a Nigerian to understand.
Drop mic. Peace!

I respect both of you for this

these are the most sensible and reasonable comments here
honestly it'll take one with a good taste in music to enjoy and understand this album

Nigerians are more concerned with the vibe and rhythm than the wordings
you'll see people vibing to songs like "amaka body sweet pass hot EBA " like WTF!!
see artistes like j.Cole and Kendrick Lamar
these are people that write songs with deep meaning
gosh
majority of Nigerians don't know music
Re: Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review by opebiboy: 7:28pm On Aug 20, 2020
Everyone talking rubbish here is less than 25yrs. This is the best album ever released in the history of music in Nigeria. This album will win at least two grammies and countless intetnational awards

5 Likes

Re: Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review by FamousMonk: 7:54pm On Aug 20, 2020
odibills:
All I want is for Burna to bring Grammy home... SA's need to be taught a lesson

ODIBILLZ

I AM A PROFESSIONAL TAILOR WITH OVER 8 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN MAKING BOTH MALE AND FEMALE WEARS OF ALL KINDS

1. TIMELY DELIVERY

2. EXCELLENT FINISHING

3. NEAT PACKAGING

4. BUDGET COST

WE DON'T REST UNTIL U LOOK GOOD AND SATISFIED

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12166659_screenshot20200801160518_jpeg37f2cf8aaf7d9c28416fa033dcfa9635

check SIGGY for contact info
I'm impressed by your packaging.
You're doing well.
God will reward you sooner than expected.
Keep it up bro..
Re: Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review by macfish101(m): 7:55pm On Aug 20, 2020
It's an album for men. I never expected everyone to feel the album. But if you do, bless up. You are up there.
Re: Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review by LCMedia(m): 8:07pm On Aug 20, 2020
Burna Boy has sincerely proved himself again to be the African giant with the release of his new Twice as Tall album. Seeing the album topping charts worldwide is a great thing for Burna.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review by korrej(m): 8:42pm On Aug 20, 2020
mattbass:
Most Naija listeners will never love this album just because is not their normal vibe music that's filled with high energy dance tune.
But those who love to listen to lyrics or messages in a music rather than the tune(beat) will testify that this album is epic. It can't be compare to the regular street album in Nigeria.
Music is more than the tune but more of the messages it carries. Messages that will bring about sober reflection, your hustle in life and the future itself. We naija like music that glorifies ladies, drugs, etc but if you are a lover of music get yourself this album and listen to all the messages and you will comprehend life the more.

NB: To win Grammy, your music must be in line with the international audience and not your locality.
I've been listening to Burna since his first album. This album is a project worthy of international award.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review by korrej(m): 8:45pm On Aug 20, 2020
macfish101:
It's an album for men. I never expected everyone to feel the album. But if you do, bless up. You are up there.
Honestly man. I couldn't listen to AG back to back. But TAT is on back to back. He got better with this album!

1 Like

Re: Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review by Rahmanjargo(m): 9:02pm On Aug 20, 2020
jones9ice:

I guess you need a better Dre beat or better car that have a good sound system, as first you will think the album doesn't make sense but if you have a better sound system, you will know the album is spiritual, anyway I can borrow you a good sound system if you need one.
Fr you're right.
He probably listened to it with all these aboki 1500 naira Bluetooth speaker.

Try listening TAT with a mad sound system or get yourself one of the jbl speakers.

The album is dope! Tho i won't deny the fact that African Giant is out of the world!

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review by Queenben(f): 9:36pm On Aug 20, 2020
lemme teach you how to make money via mini importation

Let's talk on zero eight zero 6...3...3...5...6...6...0..0
Re: Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review by Nobody: 11:56pm On Aug 20, 2020
Rahmanjargo:

I'm only jamming to No fit vex for you.

That song is on another level

Try bank on me too
Actually when I Heard the album for the first time I thought the same

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 21, 2020
omenka:
Some of us no wan talk make e no be like say we dey hate.

After all the hype, I decided to listen to the album, and truth be told, I was really disappointed.

Burna is way way better than what that album says.

I'm surprised to hear this from you
Re: Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 21, 2020
mayim:

You sound very well informed about music and apparently you’ve got taste, I’m however wondering why despite all of that, you don’t agree that Twice as Tall is Burna’s best body of work yet. I’ll put it to you that it is. The issue an average Nigerian will have with it is how it has no typical ‘naija hit’.... but that was a quality body of work. I pinch myself to be sure I’m not dreaming anytime I listen to the album. Like yo! A Nigerian made this?
If you’re up for it, I’d analyze African giant album track by track vis-à-vis Twice as Tall album. I’m an unrepentant fan of Burna unlike you that started cozying up to his music recently. Cheers

You cannot make anybody to like this album.
One has to be on certain level to appreciate This piece of works.
It will be hard for someone who knows nothing about struggle or self realization to vibe with twice as tall.
The lyrics is not for the minds that watch bbnaija but for the intellectuals who strives to better themselves and their society.
Track like ban on me and I no fit vex for you get me on different spirit and sober reflection about life

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review by Nobody: 12:20am On Aug 21, 2020
DrayZee:
I know Nigerians don't generally care about lyrical content, all they want is gbedu. But if you didn't enjoy a single song on this album, then there's a problem.
Forget about Zanku first, be at peace, lie down on your bed and listen to this album...allow it sink into your soul. It's an album to be listened to, not vibed to.

I liked just a few songs on the album at first, but listening to it more and more made me discover how much of a masterpiece it was. Now I enjoy almost all the songs.

Same here.
When I listened to the album for the first time I didn't it feel it too.
But after listening more times again, now every song is a favourite

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review by Feadalezchicken: 12:30am On Aug 21, 2020
philipstanley:
Am Waiting for Righteousness89 before I comment
he went to fellowship.. he's coming

1 Like

Re: Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review by Rahmanjargo(m): 12:42am On Aug 21, 2020
papiforreal:

Try bank on me too
Actually when I Heard the album for the first time I thought the same
Yeah been feeling taat also. And also monsters you made and the jam he featured stormzy.

Dope album i must say!

1 Like

Re: Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review by macfish101(m): 4:12am On Aug 21, 2020
korrej:

Honestly man. I couldn't listen to AG back to back. But TAT is on back to back. He got better with this album!
it takes intelligence and bravery to make an album like this. Most naija musicians either lack the intellect or they are scared of not getting playtime. This album separate the men from the boys. It's not for everybody, if you love it, then you are among the choosen ones. Men of vision.

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review by macfish101(m): 4:13am On Aug 21, 2020
papiforreal:

Same here.
When I listened to the album for the first time I didn't it feel it too.
But after listening more times again, now every song is a favourite
same here boss. Every jam on the album is dope. Too good for most Nigerian brain.
Re: Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review by PropertyBuying(f): 6:26am On Aug 21, 2020
Samsimple:
are you really vibing to this album or it's just peer pressure. undecided
Lol... Burna is a great artiste though.
Re: Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review by omenka(m): 7:11am On Aug 21, 2020
papiforreal:

I'm surprised to hear this from you
How do you mean?
Re: Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review by brandmix: 7:24am On Aug 21, 2020
Ironi:
I listened to the music and wondered what the noise was about ..

Just a hype and that’s fine too....but fact is , it isn’t much of a music

But soco soco....soco soco....soco soco soco soco soco soco was a great music right. undecided

As Nigerians everything about us is one directional and monochromatic.

So i completely understand your lack of musical depth and reach.

#love wizkid btw
Re: Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review by Freelane33(m): 12:03pm On Aug 21, 2020
100 percent dope
Rahmanjargo:

You're a real fan bro.
I'm only jamming to No fit vex for you which was produced by leriq.

Leriq always deliver!
Re: Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review by Freelane33(m): 9:49am On Aug 30, 2020
Way too big is a 100 percent hit
Rahmanjargo:

Yeah been feeling taat also. And also monsters you made and the jam he featured stormzy.

Dope album i must say!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unity FM: Radio Station On Fire In Ebonyi (Photos) / What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV / "Bad Girl" - Terry Apala Ft Bisola Of BBNaija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.