Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,727 members, 7,918,235 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 06:19 AM

Why Are We In This World? What Do We Live For In Life? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are We In This World? What Do We Live For In Life? (1082 Views)

You Have Just 30 Seconds To Address The World, What Would Your Speech Be? / Some Men Are Real Wicked: This World We Live In! / Cooking Gas - The Potential Danger We Live With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Why Are We In This World? What Do We Live For In Life? by capnies: 5:25pm On Aug 24, 2020
Unnerve:

You come off like someone with a morbid mentality.
I hope this is not the case here and you're simply curious by trying to dissect the essence of life and what it entails.

A curious mind is one of the most certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect. - Samuel Johnson

What I can tell you for a fact, is that we were all born to die, no one escapes it. What matters is how we live in the short time we have.

Questioning the purpose of life despite the fact that it's all going to end with everyone getting fed on by worms, doesn't mean we shouldn't live - and by "live" I mean, you do what you can, you do what you must... and my personal favourite, have a lot of fun while at it. grin

Biologically speaking, the body of every human being is worth the exact same thing once it's dead. It doesn't matter who the person was, what they owned, or who they were.

Idris Elba spoke these lines in a movie, I found it very funny, informative but also funny:
"... The human body is really not worth that much, maybe 11pence worth of magnesium, a couple pence worth of calcium, a bit of iron, not worth much...all in all its probably about a total of 3pounds (in weight) ..."

The above is what every human is worth once bacteria has done its job.
Few people already know this (and can visualize it), but it doesn't stop them from living their lives...and it shouldn't stop you or anyone else either.

Death is very certain and outside our human sphere of influence, BUT how we live and how much fun we have before the worms come to feast, is totally up to us.

What you said is true but don't forget the resurrection. God will judge us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are We In This World? What Do We Live For In Life? by capnies: 5:32pm On Aug 24, 2020
thesicilian:

All of these things you mentioned could have been done in heaven. You didn't need to be on earth to see God's wonders, or multiply etc.

The truth is, no one really knows why we are here.

If you are alive then you have a chance to own an immortal body that does not die: after the resurrection. A body like that of the resurrected Christ. But you can only achieve this by living righteously now, you won't regret it. That is why we are alive; to qualify for immortal body or be death forever
Re: Why Are We In This World? What Do We Live For In Life? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 14, 2020
Me dey wonder too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need A Job. / An Adopted Child, Can He Inherit From The Adopting Parent's Estate? / Happy Birthday Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.