Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,566 members, 7,978,879 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 04:01 PM

On Risikat, Lady With Blue Eyes, And Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / On Risikat, Lady With Blue Eyes, And Family (479 Views)

Blue-Eyed Risikat Azeez Makes Peace With Her Husband (Photos) / Husband Of Risikat Azeez-Ayegbami: Why I Abandoned My Wife With Blue Eyes / Kwara Blue Eyes Family: Risikat Azeez-Ayegbami Speaks "My Husband Abandoned Us" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Risikat, Lady With Blue Eyes, And Family by Ferebiekunake: 8:46am On Aug 21, 2020
About two weeks ago , we saw a video online about a mother of two who was allegedly abandoned by her husband due to her blue eyes . Her two children have similar blue eyes . In the video , she claims her husband abandoned her because of her blue eyes and because her two children have similar eyes . The story caught my attention as a paediatrician and a mother . My first reaction was to organise a meeting with husband and wife ’ s family to educate them.

However , I had my doubts about the story . This was mainly due to the fact that Risikat had the said eyes from birth and husband married her with the same .And went ahead to have three children . I started to wonder about the initial story more and more as the
husband , Abdulwasiu, was interviewed and he told his own side of the story . Now , what followed was what I didn ’ t prepare for .
The family were turned into stars with all kinds and shades of people trooping to the poor neighbourhood where she lives with her parents . Politics also came in and we have heard all types of promises from the family and social media .

What ’ s the real story ?

The young family of Abdulwasiu and Risikat suffered from financial shocks that arose from the admission of the twins they had close to two years ago . That was her second birth and the babies were born
prematurely. They ended up at the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital neonatal intensive care unit . The family spent all they had and sold practically all they had . Thereafter , one of the twins died . Risikat had difficulties coping with no food and other necessities . She moved back to her parents ’ house . Yes, hubby isn ’ t a saint and his family didn ’ t do their best for the young couple . However , it was the lack of sustainability that led to the crisis. From the stories told , I am sure this is obvious. Both Risikat and her husband are not educated . Risikat ( dropped out of doing her WASSCE because of lack of money ) had a small patent medicine shop which crumbled during the said admission of the twins . The husband is a vulcaniser and owns a bike . Do you see the family dynamics ? There are millions of young families like this in Nigeria without social security .
No health insurance and no support for the children too.

I am therefore surprised at the media hype and story line without anyone stopping to ask questions . I suspected some people wanted to gain from the story and exploitation of the naive lady had started in earnest with someone appointing herself as her manager and another , her lawyer . She has suddenly become a big company that needs to be managed . And percentages are already being discussed . Sad!

What the family needs is a means of livelihood . Get a tricycle (Marwa ) for the husband and get a patent medicine shop going for the wife . Support them with a little cash and foodstuff . If assisting them with accommodation is on the table, do so in an area they
can sustain in the next two or three years.

Some of the most absurd things I have heard in the saga is that the children will be placed in a highbrow school where hundreds of thousands will be spent . By who and for what purpose? Even I won’t send my grandchildren to such schools ! Help the family put the children in a school they can go on paying themselves in the next two years . Don ’ t create a false status in the family and throw them into disarray. Assist them realistically and in a way that is sustainable . Don’ t widen the rift in the family by pulling the lady further from her husband. Talks about relocation to Lagos to model smack of attempts to explore , expose , use and gain from the lady . At the end, she is dumped !

Can you locate the lady and her children? Ordinary people . Let them go on with a better life in peace .

Instead of running to each case that ’ s hyped in the media , my prayer is that government becomes more responsible towards providing basic education , universal health coverage , good housing, potable water and social safety nets for its citizens . This is
not about Kwara State alone but Nigeria as a nation .
Our citizens deserve better deals .

Prof Aisha Ahmed Gobir is a Paediatric Consultant at
the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital
Copyright PUNCH.
Re: On Risikat, Lady With Blue Eyes, And Family by bewla(m): 8:49am On Aug 21, 2020
Nice writer up

..now over to does who take side

help the woman no be front page e suppose to end o
Re: On Risikat, Lady With Blue Eyes, And Family by Ferebiekunake: 8:58am On Aug 21, 2020
I felt there was and should be more to the sensational story of the blue eyed family. These are ordinary people that should be treated with genuine respect and given sincere assistance that's not beyond their world. I was initially concerned about the state of the eyes. I guess my fear over that was baseless. There was no mention of any trouble with the eyes except the unnecessary discrimination that attend their peculiarity.

The family should not be exploited in the guise of helping them.
Re: On Risikat, Lady With Blue Eyes, And Family by Kestolove(m): 9:19am On Aug 21, 2020
Na just for one week she go trend ND sumtin new go cum we go forget her...wia dat bread seller wey turn to model dey? Wia mummy calm down dey?
Re: On Risikat, Lady With Blue Eyes, And Family by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 21, 2020
Ferebiekunake:
I felt there was and should be more to the sensational story of the blue eyed family. These are ordinary people that should be treated with genuine respect and given sincere assistance that's not beyond their world. I was initially concerned about the state of the eyes. I guess my fear over that was baseless. There was no mention of any trouble with the eyes except the unnecessary discrimination that attend their peculiarity.

The family should not be exploited in the guise of helping them.
Risikat said there is nothing wrong with their eyes, they see well with the eyes, they have never given the eyes any medical attention.
Re: On Risikat, Lady With Blue Eyes, And Family by BrainRider: 6:29pm On Aug 21, 2020
Wow! Last last, we've heard the three sides of the story.
The woman's part, the husband's, and the truth.
Re: On Risikat, Lady With Blue Eyes, And Family by armyofone(m): 8:18pm On Aug 21, 2020
Lack of food and basic ?

Why should two people with no financial security marry?
If they were forced to marry, why not use birth control till they are financially secured enough ?
You said there are millions of people are like her in Nigeria, why?
Why do people continue to go around in the cycle of poverty ?
I have met people in the west who decided not to have kids or just have one child because they are not financially strong or don't have the time because they prefer to pursue career - why can't Nigerians adopt such?

Mother land - una well done. Na only African God gave reproduction parts to.

Ferebiekunake:

About two weeks ago , we saw a video online about a mother of two who was allegedly abandoned by her husband due to her blue eyes . Her two children have similar blue eyes . In the video , she claims her husband abandoned her because of her blue eyes and because her two children have similar eyes . The story caught my attention as a paediatrician and a mother . My first reaction was to organise a meeting with husband and wife ’ s family to educate them.

However , I had my doubts about the story . This was mainly due to the fact that Risikat had the said eyes from birth and husband married her with the same .And went ahead to have three children . I started to wonder about the initial story more and more as the
husband , Abdulwasiu, was interviewed and he told his own side of the story . Now , what followed was what I didn ’ t prepare for .
The family were turned into stars with all kinds and shades of people trooping to the poor neighbourhood where she lives with her parents . Politics also came in and we have heard all types of promises from the family and social media .

What ’ s the real story ?

The young family of Abdulwasiu and Risikat suffered from financial shocks that arose from the admission of the twins they had close to two years ago . That was her second birth and the babies were born
prematurely. They ended up at the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital neonatal intensive care unit . The family spent all they had and sold practically all they had . Thereafter , one of the twins died . Risikat had difficulties coping with no food and other necessities . She moved back to her parents ’ house . Yes, hubby isn ’ t a saint and his family didn ’ t do their best for the young couple . However , it was the lack of sustainability that led to the crisis. From the stories told , I am sure this is obvious. Both Risikat and her husband are not educated . Risikat ( dropped out of doing her WASSCE because of lack of money ) had a small patent medicine shop which crumbled during the said admission of the twins . The husband is a vulcaniser and owns a bike . Do you see the family dynamics ? There are millions of young families like this in Nigeria without social security .
No health insurance and no support for the children too.

I am therefore surprised at the media hype and story line without anyone stopping to ask questions . I suspected some people wanted to gain from the story and exploitation of the naive lady had started in earnest with someone appointing herself as her manager and another , her lawyer . She has suddenly become a big company that needs to be managed . And percentages are already being discussed . Sad!

What the family needs is a means of livelihood . Get a tricycle (Marwa ) for the husband and get a patent medicine shop going for the wife . Support them with a little cash and foodstuff . If assisting them with accommodation is on the table, do so in an area they
can sustain in the next two or three years.

Some of the most absurd things I have heard in the saga is that the children will be placed in a highbrow school where hundreds of thousands will be spent . By who and for what purpose? Even I won’t send my grandchildren to such schools ! Help the family put the children in a school they can go on paying themselves in the next two years . Don ’ t create a false status in the family and throw them into disarray. Assist them realistically and in a way that is sustainable . Don’ t widen the rift in the family by pulling the lady further from her husband. Talks about relocation to Lagos to model smack of attempts to explore , expose , use and gain from the lady . At the end, she is dumped !

Can you locate the lady and her children? Ordinary people . Let them go on with a better life in peace .

Instead of running to each case that ’ s hyped in the media , my prayer is that government becomes more responsible towards providing basic education , universal health coverage , good housing, potable water and social safety nets for its citizens . This is
not about Kwara State alone but Nigeria as a nation .
Our citizens deserve better deals .

Prof Aisha Ahmed Gobir is a Paediatric Consultant at
the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital
Copyright PUNCH.

1 Like

Re: On Risikat, Lady With Blue Eyes, And Family by egopersonified(f): 8:51pm On Aug 21, 2020
This happens ALL over the world. It's not only in Nigeria. As much as I support your argument, I don't think we should stop the family from living in luxury for a few years. It will only be their grass to Grace to grass story. Half luxury is better than none.

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Clarification On This Issue. / 2012 Clean Toyota Fortuner For Sale. 5.8m / Need Help Translating This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.