Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,948 members, 7,873,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:04 AM

Lagos Government Considers Public Holiday For Traditionalists - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Government Considers Public Holiday For Traditionalists (16084 Views)

FG Declares Monday Public Holiday For Maulud Celebration / MURIC Condemns January 1st As Public Holiday For Christians To Enjoy / Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Government Considers Public Holiday For Traditionalists by sigiyaya(m): 10:16pm On Aug 21, 2020
kheny12:
Hell fire kill u there,special adviser to God on hell fire matters.That's why I like Indians and those Asian, They worship their Gods and Goddesses but we African na reverse be the case.We have forgotten our ancestors.
bro calm down, I was only making joke out of the nuisance called #Righteousness89, please direct your anger to him because that guy has refused to reason like a human cry

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Considers Public Holiday For Traditionalists by aremuforlife(m): 10:17pm On Aug 21, 2020
FullBlastLight:

Hey, they don't hv any rightful place in any civilised society, except in retrogressive communities!
[quote][/quote]
Godfather exists everywhere, they may be term another name. Just like the way America will call bribing "lobby", meanwhile lobby is not an offence in America

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Considers Public Holiday For Traditionalists by AceRoyal: 10:24pm On Aug 21, 2020
FullBlastLight:

Shun!

U can't be a true Christian & advocate 4 d worship of God & d worship of gods at d same time!

D Almighty God wil neva share His glory wit any god!

I know u made ur comment in order 2 appear pleasing 2 pple, bt I tell u dt u can neva be a pple-pleaser & a God-pleaser simultaneously!
Oh please!
I won't go into any form of argument with you.
You don't know me personally since this is a faceless forum thus I won't engage you or try to prove anything to you.
Public Holiday has nothing to do with the Glory of God, God is love.
We need God, more than He needs us.
Open your heart and mind and not just your mare assumptions of Him to fully understand Him.

Been a true Christian(christ-like) is a daily way of life and not just a religion.
Have a beautiful night rest.
Re: Lagos Government Considers Public Holiday For Traditionalists by FullBlastLight: 10:24pm On Aug 21, 2020
jneutron4000:
Below:
first Pics.
Nigeria Christian Pilgrims In Jerusalem Israel attending A Religious Function.
Sat on the floor in white Attires. See the look on their faces.
Second Pics.
Foreigners Attending Pilgrimage for the Annual "Osun" (Saint of Fertility) in Yorubaland, Nigeria. Eledumare bless Yoruba land

What exactly is ur point?

D Whites were simply CARNALLY there 4 entertainment, hilarity & fun, hence their facial expression!

Whereas, those Christians were there 4 spiritual impartation wit sober reflection!

In fact, I can tell u dt most Christians visit there while observing many days dry fasting 2 tune up their spirit and dt's what accounts 4 d serious look on their faces!

They neither go there 2 catch fun nor 4 entertainment, like d Whites do at d shrine!
Re: Lagos Government Considers Public Holiday For Traditionalists by Zetty177x: 10:33pm On Aug 21, 2020
Good. .it was our heritage first.. before anything else

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Considers Public Holiday For Traditionalists by Rattyville: 10:47pm On Aug 21, 2020
Lagos state should fixed all state and local government road around the state and not public holiday to tradictionalist.

It is a shame that infrastructural development is nothing to write home about while Lagos State house of assembly members are just enriching themselves.
Re: Lagos Government Considers Public Holiday For Traditionalists by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 21, 2020
AceRoyal:
I Love this!
I'm a Christian but as an African, every religion needs to be respected as long as love leads.
Traditionalists should also be given preference.
It's not everything African/black we must demonize!

Let's wake up from mental and religious slavery!

Please let them have their own public holidays like the Christians and Muslims.

Ps: To all those quoting me and saying I'm not a true Christian for supporting this, well we need to embrace a part of our culture and tradition else we forget our history and heritage as a people in some few years from now. We cannot afford to allow full colonialism in the form of cultural, economic and ultimately religious colonialism. We hardly even give our kids African names now a days.

Christianity(I.e been Chris-like) is all about love, it's a daily way of life and not just a religion.
I Love God but I'm also Pro/Pan-African
God Bless Nigeria.
smiley
Are you in Nigeria...?
I don't think so.
Anyway, U don't deserve to be in Nigeria with the kind of sense you have.
PLEASE, do and leave that place.
Its not meant for someone like you.
U have advanced ahead of MILLIONS of NIGERIANS.
Do PLEASE, I don't want anything to HURT you.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Considers Public Holiday For Traditionalists by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:01pm On Aug 21, 2020
Rossinkky:

You are an ignoramus who needs to learn true world and African history, rather than your parochial, Tarzanified rubbish.

You are just a,black slave who will forever look at the arabs and whites as your bastard status fathers
Re: Lagos Government Considers Public Holiday For Traditionalists by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:03pm On Aug 21, 2020
FullBlastLight:

Hey, they don't hv any rightful place in any civilised society, except in retrogressive communities!

U need to visit India,China and Japan

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Considers Public Holiday For Traditionalists by asanwafo: 11:03pm On Aug 21, 2020
AceRoyal:

Can't you guys think beyond party, religious or ethic affiliations.
These guys irrespective of the above mentioned are mortgaging the future of our unborn children.
Open your eyes and wake up.
Corruption is wrong on levels no matter who is involved, the political, religious or ethic affiliations.
Why defend people who don't care about you or the true sustainable development of our nation but only their selfish, greedy and sadistic ambitions to the detriment of our common wealth and future?
Leave Lagos alone and talk about ur own state. In ur state the future of the unborn child has not only been mortgaged but outrightly annihilated.
Re: Lagos Government Considers Public Holiday For Traditionalists by anthropizzy(m): 11:05pm On Aug 21, 2020
etokhana:

https://punchng.com/lasg-considers-traditionalists-request-for-public-holiday/?amp=1

A welcome development. What is good for a crocodile is good for an alligator.
Re: Lagos Government Considers Public Holiday For Traditionalists by jneutron4000: 11:06pm On Aug 21, 2020
[s][/s]
FullBlastLight:

What exactly is ur point?

D Whites were simply CARNALLY there 4 entertainment, hilarity & fun, hence their facial expression!

Whereas, those Christians were there 4 spiritual impartation wit sober reflection!

In fact, I can tell u dt most Christians visit there while observing many days dry fasting 2 tune up their spirit and dt's what accounts 4 d serious look on their faces!

They neither go there 2 catch fun nor 4 entertainment, like d Whites do at d shrine!
[s][/s]Who told you the Whites visits Osun for fun or entertainment, FYI they actually believe and practise the Yoruba religion and many have got good news and testimonies on the wonders Eledumare has done for them.
Re: Lagos Government Considers Public Holiday For Traditionalists by kalu61(m): 1:23am On Aug 22, 2020
Supported
Re: Lagos Government Considers Public Holiday For Traditionalists by butterfly777(m): 6:59am On Aug 22, 2020
aremuforlife:

It's tradition, isese lagba.
They real traditionalists don't kill people just like counterparts in Muslims and Christians. What will you say about some of the alfa and pastor killing their members?
Every religion have their bad and good side, the real traditionalists are good people, their doctrine go against evil doing

What about disturbing people I the name of Oro and other rituals? Is that fair?
When we ask others to be fair to us, we should also be fair to others.
Re: Lagos Government Considers Public Holiday For Traditionalists by didoflex(m): 7:33am On Aug 22, 2020
Yes. Why not. We Africans abandoned our traditional religions and grabbed imported religions that have not really helped us.

Look at the Asians. How many of them practice these imported religions?

We should learn to celebrate our indeginious religions, cultures and traditions.

Let us know more about them, the good and the bad.
Re: Lagos Government Considers Public Holiday For Traditionalists by Midekin(m): 8:04am On Aug 22, 2020
Tobitoo:
Gobe re oo....
please Toilet led light is available @ a very cheap rate....if you are interested hola me on what.sapp 080..550..86.312

It automatically turn on once step into the toilet and turn off when you leave the toilet. This is good for your home to beautify it
how much, call me 08083373302
Re: Lagos Government Considers Public Holiday For Traditionalists by aremuforlife(m): 8:25am On Aug 22, 2020
[/quote]
[quote author=butterfly777 post=93087624]

What about disturbing people I the name of Oro and other rituals? Is that fair?
When we ask others to be fair to us, we should also be fair to others.
What about the loud speakers from the church and hourly prayer from the mosque, directly or indirectly we made to disturb ourselves
Re: Lagos Government Considers Public Holiday For Traditionalists by jrusky(m): 9:09am On Aug 22, 2020
Tobitoo:

Can you contact is on WhatsApp sir (080550..86312) or u drop ur number

Ok. Thanks
Re: Lagos Government Considers Public Holiday For Traditionalists by Senigentle(m): 10:20am On Aug 22, 2020
If and only if it won't promote reckless killings and practice by some traditions
Re: Lagos Government Considers Public Holiday For Traditionalists by butterfly777(m): 4:49pm On Aug 22, 2020
aremuforlife:

What about the loud speakers from the church and hourly prayer from the mosque, directly or indirectly we made to disturb ourselves

No. It's not the same. The idol worshippers also create noise by their drums, singing and shouting when they do their thing. But I am talking about one religion imposing curfew on another. It is wrong. Just take it or leave it.
Re: Lagos Government Considers Public Holiday For Traditionalists by ItsCheeze(m): 6:01pm On Aug 22, 2020
cheesy
Re: Lagos Government Considers Public Holiday For Traditionalists by shagarinews: 8:54pm On Aug 22, 2020
Ogume Day.. niceone.. Benin city, Edo state should followup

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila Denies Comparing IPOB, Yoruba Nation Agitators With Boko Haram / 987 Properties Recovered From Okorocha Returned To Owners, Imo Govt Reveals / ‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.