Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,696 members, 7,889,211 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:08 AM

The Undisputed Champion Of The North Has Been Humiliated - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Undisputed Champion Of The North Has Been Humiliated (3902 Views)

Those That Believed That Lagos Is A "No Man's Land" Have Been humiliated - FFK / Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto / Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Undisputed Champion Of The North Has Been Humiliated by lereinter(m): 9:18am On Aug 22, 2020
The only thing happening in Kaduna south is genocide

Where a predominant non Muslims and non indigene reside

The Fulani jihadist come there to kill them

I rain fire and brimstone unto the generation of elrufia and all involved in the killings

Each and every member will caught by death in the most grevious way

Amen
Re: The Undisputed Champion Of The North Has Been Humiliated by shugabasbn: 9:33am On Aug 22, 2020
El-Rufai problems is nothing but garrulous ways of doing things. When someone talks without apply any pedals he will surely run into problem.
Re: The Undisputed Champion Of The North Has Been Humiliated by PlayerMeji: 9:35am On Aug 22, 2020
Supan, Southwestern Nigeria is surely predominantly Yoruba and when one makes passive statements like

El-Rufai’s Special Adviser on Media and Communication who issues press statements on his behalf is some guy called Muyiwa Adekeye, although there are scores of competent media personalities from Kaduna who can do that job..

El-Rufai also has a slew of well-paid “social media influencers” as his “social media consultants” (which is a polite term for visceral and vicious social media attack dogs), all of whom are from the Southwest.

It is nurtured by his warrant less contempt for northern Nigerians and delimited by the profound inferiority complex he feels before the elites of Southwest Nigeria whose admiration he lives for.

When one makes such passive statements, reverse psychology is what you are playing at..

Subliminal messaging... You are prepping the subconscious of the average SK youth against the South West.

Well, whatever point he was trying to send across, he could have done that without the unnecessary categorization.

Supan:

I have gone through his article again. I sincerely didn't see anywhere he maligned the yorubas.
He just expounded his romance with yoruba elite in the media and...

The effect of it on the war bitter war El rufai is waging against the good people of SK. The media silence about this genocide is one of the many effects.

I agree with you wholesomely.

But his article was too refined to be interpreted as such though. He avoided the using yoruba instead he said southwest. Kperogi understands the subversive terrain of Nigerian politics very well.

Re: The Undisputed Champion Of The North Has Been Humiliated by Subduer: 10:05am On Aug 22, 2020
DonDemu:
It's not Elrufai they hate. He's just a reflection of all they were raised to abhor. How can a Northerner be so smart, suave, and arguably the most competent public servant in the country? How dare he? How dare he, an aboki?
Brilliant men & women abound in Northern Nigeria, but hell-Rufai is just a devil.
Re: The Undisputed Champion Of The North Has Been Humiliated by Ladiesdoctor(m): 10:07am On Aug 22, 2020
No mind am
Re: The Undisputed Champion Of The North Has Been Humiliated by Supan(m): 10:18am On Aug 22, 2020
PlayerMeji:
Supan, Southwestern Nigeria is surely predominantly Yoruba and when one makes passive statements like

El-Rufai’s Special Adviser on Media and Communication who issues press statements on his behalf is some guy called Muyiwa Adekeye, although there are scores of competent media personalities from Kaduna who can do that job..

El-Rufai also has a slew of well-paid “social media influencers” as his “social media consultants” (which is a polite term for visceral and vicious social media attack dogs), all of whom are from the Southwest.

It is nurtured by his warrant less contempt for northern Nigerians and delimited by the profound inferiority complex he feels before the elites of Southwest Nigeria whose admiration he lives for.

When one makes such passive statements, reverse psychology is what you are playing at..

Subliminal messaging... You are prepping the subconscious of the average SK youth against the South West.

Well, whatever point he was trying to send across, he could have done that without the unnecessary categorization.

I don't think his article is guilty of what you are trying to accuse it of.

I respect your candid opinion, but I will wish to point out that you might be getting a wrong impression of this.

Kperogi started by eulogizing the southwest elite media.

His further statement thus...
although there are scores of competent media personalities from Kaduna who can do that job
shows the sinister intent of El rufai... That he wants to use the SMM to draw the yorubas, to always remain silent in the face of his massacre on SK... and to an extent, he is achieving it.

You may not know the dirty deals that happens behind the scene. It's only a handful of SK genocide that gets to the media. A lot are being suppressed, no thanks to these SMM and their cohorts (Muyiwa Adekeye, Femi Adesina etc) who are ready to turn a devil to angel just for their monthly pay.

This is outright evil and malicious. It is worth pointing out. Evil leaders prevail long enough because they have supporters.

PlayerMeji:
You are prepping the subconscious of the average SK youth against the South West.
I can sense your fears now, it is valid to say such but it can't get to such extent... Nigerians also know that some intelligence and sensitive news seeping out from this terrorist govt is from Sahara Reporter who is a south westerner too... and are grateful for it too.

But Kperogi won't fail to state it as it is:

"Some south west media personnels are aiding genocide or to a lesser extent being deceived to support it, under the guise of; I am paid to do my Job".
Re: The Undisputed Champion Of The North Has Been Humiliated by PlayerMeji: 10:55am On Aug 22, 2020
Supan, I want you to see the dangers in creating certain stereotypes that would further divide our almost divided formation or further erode whatsoever sympathy we may have for each other.

Kindly look at this statement, Some south west media personnels are aiding genocide or to a lesser extent being deceived to support it, [/i]under the guise of; I am paid to do my Job

I would like to state that Adesina or Adeleke being Yoruba doesn't represent the bulk of social media from the south west and in fact if you check opinions of most people in the SW, there's an overwhelming disdain for Elrufai and his cohorts.

Supan, I think what we should be saying at this time is how to launder Kperogi's statement to reduce its acidity on the SW Media and see how SW Social media can be more impactful in on the elrufai/SK crisis...

[quote author=Supan post=93093202]

I don't think his article is guilty of what you are trying to accuse it of.

I respect your candid opinion, but I will wish to point out that you might be getting a wrong impression of this.

Kperogi started by eulogizing the southwest elite media.

His further statement thus...
although there are scores of competent media personalities from Kaduna who can do that job
shows the sinister intent of El rufai... That he wants to use the SMM to draw the yorubas, to always remain silent in the face of his massacre on SK... and to an extent, he is achieving it.

You may not know the dirty deals that happens behind the scene. It's only a handful of SK genocide that gets to the media. A lot are being suppressed, no thanks to these SMM and their cohorts (Muyiwa Adekeye, Femi Adesina etc) who are ready to turn a devil to angel just for their monthly pay.

This is outright evil and malicious. It is worth pointing out. Evil leaders prevail long enough because they have supporters.

I can sense your fears now, it is valid to say such but it can't get to such extent... Nigerians also know that some intelligence and sensitive news seeping out from this terrorist govt is from Sahara Reporter who is a south westerner too... and are grateful for it too.

But Kperogi won't fail to state it as it is:

"Some south west media personnels are [i]aiding genocide or to a lesser extent being deceived to support it
, under the guise of; I am paid to do my Job".
Re: The Undisputed Champion Of The North Has Been Humiliated by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 22, 2020
Lol farooq must be mad if he thinks el rufai cares about the opinions of the “southwest elites“ about him.... the guy don’t give a fûck
Re: The Undisputed Champion Of The North Has Been Humiliated by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 22, 2020
abduljabbar4:
While I may not be a big fan of Elrufai, I think these people need to shut their smelly mouths up for once. When the herdsmen strike in Benue, Plateau, and some southern states, nobody mentions the governors. They transfer the blame to Buhari but now that it is Kaduna, everybody wants to point fingers at the governor. It isthe height of hypocrisy and I'm glad that states are pulling out.

well its because the pepertrators of the killing in plateau and benue are not from benue or plateau but from the tribe of the president and elrufai....also their actions and statements supporting this killer herdsmen played a part too
Re: The Undisputed Champion Of The North Has Been Humiliated by Dedetwo(m): 11:55am On Aug 22, 2020
For the thread to be captioned El Rufia as the "Undisputed champion of the north" is a considerable insult not only to northern region of Nigeria but all champions of dog catchers. Bearing idiotic quote system introduced in the shithole called Nigeria, the stiffs such as El Eufia and Muhammadu Buhari would not have made a headline in a local newspaper.
Re: The Undisputed Champion Of The North Has Been Humiliated by olisaEze(m): 12:05pm On Aug 22, 2020
abduljabbar4:
While I may not be a big fan of Elrufai, I think these people need to shut their smelly mouths up for once. When the herdsmen strike in Benue, Plateau, and some southern states, nobody mentions the governors. They transfer the blame to Buhari but now that it is Kaduna, everybody wants to point fingers at the governor. It isthe height of hypocrisy and I'm glad that states are pulling out.

I have been a fan of 'littlefinger' since his appointment as the DG of BPE, and in recent times have been serially disappointed by his divisive utterances and postulating since he became d Governor of his state. There is no hypocrisy to point to there, as non of the governors of those states u mentioned have claimed to have identified the killers of their people and paid them rather than bringing them to book.
Moreover, in a state as polarized by religious differences as kaduna state is, he could have sold the idea of a Muslim/muslim ticket with less arrogance as he did during his bid for 2nd term. You can’t eat ur cake and have it waiting in d fridge. As a personality in d public eye, u can’t be flippant when u speak on record and expect that a few years down d line people would have forgotten or forgiven you for them, when lives and livelihoods are involved.
BTW, the international community has still not forgotten his "they’ll be sent back in body bags" statement during the last elections. Abi will muric & co also threaten d world to silence?
Re: The Undisputed Champion Of The North Has Been Humiliated by Supan(m): 1:04pm On Aug 22, 2020
PlayerMeji:
Supan, I want you to see the dangers in creating certain stereotypes that would further divide our almost divided formation or further erode whatsoever sympathy we may have for each other.

Kindly look at this statement, Some south west media personnels are [i]aiding genocide or to a lesser extent being deceived to support it, [/i]under the guise of; I am paid to do my Job

I would like to state that Adesina or Adeleke being Yoruba doesn't represent the bulk of social media from the south west and in fact if you check opinions of most people in the SW, there's an overwhelming disdain for Elrufai and his cohorts.

Supan, I think what we should be saying at this time is how to launder Kperogi's statement to reduce its acidity on the SW Media and see how SW Social media can be more impactful in on the elrufai/SK crisis...

I don't think Kperogi is creating such stereotype. He stated in his article...I am not saying this to disparage or begrudge the media, intellectual, and cultural elites of Southwest Nigeria but to show that El-Rufai’s politics of ethnic and religious supremacy isn’t blind and unbridled.

Kperogi is very much aware that his message can easily be misunderstood, misinterpreted and thus may backfire on him. He understands the delicate nature of our politics our politricks.

Since this buhari govt, a pattern has been evolving where a member from a tribe or group will be used as a willing tool to denigrate his people so as to please his pay master.

He has decided to call them out so they should be aware that the support they are giving El Rufai is also as good as doing the killings itself.
PlayerMeji:
Kindly look at this statement, Some south west media personnels are [i]aiding genocide or to a lesser extent being deceived to support it, [/i]under the guise of; I am paid to do my Job
I didn't say all, but some... I didn't just make that statement without fact.

Do you know the fights journalists have to put up before some of their sensitive news hit the media? A lot are being suppressed by paid agents. It is not El Rufai doing this personally now. These are his paid agents from a specific tribe in the south. This is too bad... You hardly find other people engaging in this dirty tactics. I am so sorry that I am sounding like a tribalist here. But this is true.

Many thanks to Sowore and his Sahara reporters, for continually exposing this evil govt. We wouldn't have known some sensitive things if not for them. Sowore keep wiping the board clean of the evil done by these SMM.

I quite understand your fears but I don't think it will degenerate to that level.
Re: The Undisputed Champion Of The North Has Been Humiliated by Marine54(m): 1:11pm On Aug 22, 2020
Subduer:
hell-Rufai
The terrorist midget !

1 Like

Re: The Undisputed Champion Of The North Has Been Humiliated by tuniski: 1:57pm On Aug 22, 2020
GTkester:

They did it because no afonja held sway
Which one be afonja again?
Re: The Undisputed Champion Of The North Has Been Humiliated by PlayerMeji: 1:57pm On Aug 22, 2020
As much as you are not willing to understand that calling out a particular tribe for the atrocities committed by some few is degrading and tasteless coming from the person of Kperogi, I don't know what else to say.

I believe the crime here is that some guys from SW are handling El Rufai's Social networks and they are deliberately misinforming the general public of El Rufai's personality.

Now, let's look at these issues, these SMMs we are talking about are guys like you and I who would only be equipped with the information they would want to dissipate.

I cannot begin to explain how this operation works, I believe you would know by now.

Now, so far, I have been able to identify to names one the El Rufai 's media person, Adeleke and Femi Adesina who is Buhari's hypeman. Let's cancel out Femi Adesina, he does the job for Buhari and I don't see why he would be indebted to Rufai to help him launder his image.

A lot are being suppressed by paid agents. It is not El Rufai doing this personally now. These are his paid agents from a specific tribe in the south.

I must say this statement is very provoking. Are you saying there are no other people Rufai works with besides the SW SMMs?

Trust me, Rufai is not as popular as you want to take him especially in the SW.

Also, the statement should put it into account that Sowore and his Sahara reporters is still very much SWestern.

Kperogi should understand that saying ''sorry, I hate you" and "I hate you" are one and the same.

[quote author=Supan post=93098283]

I don't think Kperogi is creating such stereotype. He stated in his article...I am not saying this to disparage or begrudge the media, intellectual, and cultural elites of Southwest Nigeria but to show that El-Rufai’s politics of ethnic and religious supremacy isn’t blind and unbridled.

Kperogi is very much aware that his message can easily be misunderstood, misinterpreted and thus may backfire on him. He understands the delicate nature of our politics our politricks.

Since this buhari govt, a pattern has been evolving where a member from a tribe or group will be used as a willing tool to denigrate his people so as to please his pay master.

He has decided to call them out so they should be aware that the support they are giving El Rufai is also as good as doing the killings itself.
I didn't some... I didn't just make that statement without fact.

Do you know the fights journalists have to put up before some of their sensitive news hit the media? A lot are being suppressed by paid agents. It is not El Rufai doing this personally now. These are his paid agents from a specific tribe in the south. This is too bad... You hardly find other people engaging in this dirty tactics. I am so sorry that I am sounding like a tribalist here. But this is true.

Many thanks to Sowore and his Sahara reporters, for continually exposing this evil govt. We wouldn't have known some sensitive things if not for them. Sowore keep wiping the board clean of the evil done by these SMM.

I quite understand your fears but I don't think it will degenerate to that level.
Re: The Undisputed Champion Of The North Has Been Humiliated by RichBoy247: 2:12pm On Aug 22, 2020
GTkester:
More humiliations await him and his brood of afonja enablers.

Afonja kee you there, just as we did in 1967
Re: The Undisputed Champion Of The North Has Been Humiliated by Supan(m): 3:25pm On Aug 22, 2020
PlayerMeji:
As much as you are not willing to understand that calling out a particular tribe for the atrocities committed by some few is degrading and tasteless coming from the person of Kperogi, I don't know what else to say.

I think you are getting this wrong. Kperogi didn't malign the yoruba tribe. He only pointed out that his SMMs are from yoruba and El rufai is constantly wooing them and spending heavily on them so as not to turn the heat on him. He knows that the war he is waging on Nigerians will be easier won if he gets yorubas (either some or most) on his side first... and to some extent he is winning it.

Please you should understand that, it is El rufai that is dividing the yoruba people against themselves and not Kperogi. This devil knows that once he drops the crumbs for the willing tools, they can sell their conscience, fight their father, mother and generations yet unborn. That is evil.

Being so divided, we can't fight his evil agenda effectively.

PlayerMeji:
Now, let's look at these issues, these SMMs we are talking about are guys like you and I who would only be equipped with the information they would want to dissipate.
My brother it is more deadly than you think. It means selling your conscience , silencing the voice of the oppressed and elevating the oppressor, supporting murders and genocide with your pen and on your platform. It is evil.

After the Rwanda genocide, one of the journalist who wasn't even a politician, after years of being on the run, willing gave himself up to be arrested and was imprisoned after he couldn't stand his conscience for all the evil remarks and comments he made during the genocide. Note this, he never killed, but he justified the killings on air as radio presenter.

PlayerMeji:
Femi Adesina who is Buhari's hypeman. Let's cancel out Femi Adesina, he does the job for Buhari
Giving land for ranching better than death - Femi Adesina
Please analyse this Femi's statement in support of his master's RUGA and explain how he wouldn't be held responsible for the deaths that RUGA
incurred or when this adminstration is over?

You see everything shouldn't be about politics. Even Femi's state governor formed Amotekun to protect them seeing that Buhari has sinister agenda about RUGA.

PlayerMeji:
I must say this statement is very provoking.
Please, I sincerely appologize over that. I am not making this up. These are real happenings. If you have a friend in the media, let him initmate about the happenings.

PlayerMeji:
Are you saying there are no other people Rufai works with besides the SW SMMs?
There may be, but I don't know of any... Let's not miss the point that the job is too dirty for one to stick out his head for it.

PlayerMeji:
Also, the statement should put it into account that Sowore and his Sahara reporters is still very much SWestern
I have lauded Sowore and his Sahara reporters too so much here...I even thought Kperogi is from yoruba too.
Re: The Undisputed Champion Of The North Has Been Humiliated by oyatz(m): 4:07pm On Aug 22, 2020
Although I am not a fan of El-Rufai but your assumption that El-Rufai came into limelight because of quota system in Nigeria is very wrong.

El-Rufai is a very brilliant man. He finished secondary school in 1976 and passed WAEC Sch cert in Division-1, graduated with First Class honours and did very well in his post-graduate studies abroad.

He excelled in private practice as a Quantity Surveyor before joining Politics.

The Stereotype that any Northern that excel in any field in Nigeria is able to excel because of the quota system is very wrong.

My supervisors and Examiners at Post-Graduate levels were Northerners from ABU and they are gurus in their fields.

Dedetwo:
For the thread to be captioned El Rufia as the "Undisputed champion of the north" is a considerable insult not only to northern region of Nigeria but all champions of dog catchers. Bearing idiotic quote system introduced in the shithole called Nigeria, the stiffs such as El Eufia and Muhammadu Buhari would not have made a headline in a local newspaper.
Re: The Undisputed Champion Of The North Has Been Humiliated by oyatz(m): 4:11pm On Aug 22, 2020
Farooq Kperogi is from the Bariba Tribe (a minority tribe) in Kwara State.
Obasanjo brought him into limelight by appointing him Presidential Speech writer.

Supan:

I think you are getting this wrong. Kperogi didn't malign the yoruba tribe. He only pointed out that his SMMs are from yoruba and El rufai is constantly wooing them and spending heavily on them so as not to turn the heat on him. He knows that the war he is waging on Nigerians will be easier won if he gets yorubas (either some or most) on his side first... and to some extent he is winning it.

Please you should understand that, it is El rufai that is dividing the yoruba people against themselves and not Kperogi. This devil knows that once he drops the crumbs for the willing tools, they can sell their conscience, fight their father, mother and generations yet unborn. That is evil.

My brother it is more deadly than you think. It means selling your conscience , silencing the voice of the oppressed and elevating the oppressor, supporting murders and genocide with your pen and on your platform. It is evil.

After the Rwanda genocide, one of the journalist who wasn't even a politician, after years of being on the run, willing gave himself up to be arrested and was imprisoned after he couldn't stand his conscience for all the evil remarks and comments he made during the genocide. Note this, he never killed, but he justified the killings on air as radio presenter.

Please analyse this Femi's statement in support of his master's RUGA and explain how he wouldn't be held responsible for the deaths that RUGA

You see everything shouldn't be about politics. Even Femi's state governor formed Amotekun to protect them seeing that Buhari has sinister agenda about RUGA.

Please, I sincerely appologize over that. I am not making this up. These are real happenings. If you have a friend in the media, let him initmate about the happenings.

There may be, but I don't know of any... Let's not miss the point that the job is too dirty for one to stick out his head for it.

I have lauded Sowore and his Sahara reporters too so much here...I even thought Kperogi is from yoruba too.
Re: The Undisputed Champion Of The North Has Been Humiliated by Supan(m): 4:23pm On Aug 22, 2020
oyatz:
Farooq Kperogi is from the Bariba Tribe (a minority tribe) in Kwara State.
Obasanjo brought him into limelight by appointing him Presidential Speech writer.

Oh, Thanks for this. I now know.
Re: The Undisputed Champion Of The North Has Been Humiliated by PlayerMeji: 8:03pm On Aug 22, 2020
Supan, I want you to know that I am in total support of your statement about El Rufai being deviously evil and cold bloodied..

What I am not in support is your assertions that certain people from SW are the ones supporting him in is quest to supplant SK people simply because a certain guy from SW works as his media consultant.

You have said earlier yourself that you do not know any other person besides the Adeleke guy who is his media partner, therefore, it would be nice to say that Yoruba, a collective name for people from the SW handles his social account therefore Yoruba are I support of El Rufai atrocious deeds, at least according to you.

Lemme make it clear, Yoruba are not in anyway divided as you claimed by El Rufai because if you do not know let me state it now, El Rufai is not liked down the South, especially SW...

In fact, know this now, the most SWer are seriously not interested in another Hausa man again talk less of El Rufai.

There has not been any overwhelming support for him or his associates.

Now if as you claimed that he pays his SMMs who are SWer well so as not to turn on him then I will like to know how at least one person besides Adeleke who is his media adviser... I m sure you would say that you have explained earlier that you don't know any other person who does the job besides Adeleke.

My question is, where then did you get the SMMs who are SWer that he pays so well to look the other way? I m sure by now you will agree that these are mere hearsay which is exactly what I want us to know how deadly it is.

Branding a certain tribe to be working against the good of another simply because one Adeleke from SW is fortunate or unfortunate to occupy the position that others who are indigenes are equally qualified for simply is a crime.

My stance still remains the same that calling out a whole tribe for the works of a certain few is not good

Let's look at it this way, what power do Yoruba SMMs hold on what's happening in Kaduna. If I want to be frank, I will say SMMs in Kaduna are not really doing enough.

Just go and check which tribe holds the voice against injustice and corruption in Nigeria, you will find the Yoruba voice to be the loudest.. That's what we are...

But we would not keep quiet when injustice is meted out not only to ourselves but also to others. If that's the crime we may have committed by not being the most vocal again in this El Rufai/SK sàga, I will still insist that you are wrong because fact-check the news and social media, Yoruba voices have been the most popular.

What you need to know is that the South Kaduna killings have been colorized to be more religious than ethnic.

Supan:

Re: The Undisputed Champion Of The North Has Been Humiliated by abduljabbar4(m): 10:19pm On Aug 22, 2020
olisaEze:

I have been a fan of 'littlefinger' since his appointment as the DG of BPE, and in recent times have been serially disappointed by his divisive utterances and postulating since he became d Governor of his state. There is no hypocrisy to point to there, as non of the governors of those states u mentioned have claimed to have identified the killers of their people and paid them rather than bringing them to book.
Moreover, in a state as polarized by religious differences as kaduna state is, he could have sold the idea of a Muslim/muslim ticket with less arrogance as he did during his bid for 2nd term. You can’t eat ur cake and have it waiting in d fridge. As a personality in d public eye, u can’t be flippant when u speak on record and expect that a few years down d line people would have forgotten or forgiven you for them, when lives and livelihoods are involved.
BTW, the international community has still not forgotten his "they’ll be sent back in body bags" statement during the last elections. Abi will muric & co also threaten d world to silence?

Politicians make divisive utterances all over Nigeria. I would have loved to mention fani Kayode but since he is not a governor, I will stick with Wike. Are you aware that he once called Rivers a christian state? So by that logic, if an armed group springs up in Rivers and starts killing muslims then we should point fingers at him.

Elrufai has always spoken like a lunatic. His stupidity is not restricted to religious affairs alone so I wonder why you people only want to stick only to the religious angle. He even recently insulted Kano people in a way.

Also, he isn't the first person to pay money to criminals. How were the Niger Delta militants appeased?

What you people need to understand is that even the bandits themselves are not religious. If they were religious, they wouldn't be attacking communities in Kebbi, Zamfara, Sokoto, Katsina and Birnin Gwari LG here. They wouldn't be kidnappings and sometimes killing muslims in Abuja-Kaduna way. In fact, some of those that are killed in southern Kaduna are even muslims (like the father of 12 that was killed two weeks ago). Can you see why attributing the killings to his divisive statements hold no water?

If I want to stifle christianity in my state, I would create unfavorable policies, demolish churches, and maybe arrest some pastors. I wouldnt arm or support terrorists to kill Christians and consequently chase investors away. Especially if I have future political ambitions.

Elrufai, while being childish and irresponsible, is a victim of hatred from mostly southerners. Simple. For me, his blemish is his stone-head attitude (just like the Trump that majority of you love) but if we are talking about pure governance, he is okay. Insecurity is a national problem that will hopefully go away soon not just in Kaduna but in Benue, Plateau, Zamfara, Ogun and every other place for that matter

The international community is a big joke. What has it done about all the atrocities in Kashmir, Palestine, Yemen, Philippines, Myanmar and a zzillion other places? Please don't ever mention those ones again sir cheesy. I can quote a hundred quotes by politicians around the world that could potentially incure their "wrath". Even Buhari himself has said and done some things that should attract their attention
Re: The Undisputed Champion Of The North Has Been Humiliated by abduljabbar4(m): 10:29pm On Aug 22, 2020
GBOKASINCHA:
well its because the pepertrators of the killing in plateau and benue are not from benue or plateau but from the tribe of the president and elrufai....also their actions and statements supporting this killer herdsmen played a part too

That means Sanwo Olu and DJ Oluomo should be in jail because of one million boys. BTW, what then do you not blame the governors of Kebbi, Zamfara, Sokoto and Katsina? What do you say about the muslims that get killed in Birnin Gwari (kaduna) and Abuja highway? What then do you say about the Muslims that also get killed in southern Kaduna?
Re: The Undisputed Champion Of The North Has Been Humiliated by morgstreme: 10:49pm On Aug 22, 2020
Abouwaza:
Humiliated and e also pain am well well

Mumus..

You dey your run down shack know say E pain am well..

Miscreant!
Re: The Undisputed Champion Of The North Has Been Humiliated by EMMY76: 11:59pm On Aug 22, 2020
nairalandankrah:
By FAROOQ KPEROGI
On Aug 22, 2020

The rescission of the invitation extended to Governor Nasir El-Rufai to speak at the annual conference of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) as a consequence of sustained social media pressures from people who are discomfited by his history of intolerance and verbal terrorism against his own people will inflict tremendous violence on the governor’s psychic wellbeing.

You see, there is nothing El-Rufai fhankers after more than the approval of the intellectual, media, and cultural elites of Nigeria’s Southwest. He lives for and basks in their plaudits and strives excessively hard to avoid inviting their disapprobation.

I had always known this, but I developed a heightened awareness of it when a fellow northern Nigerian Muslim called my attention to it in his disagreement with a social media update I wrote on August 18 about El-Rufai’s visceral anti-Southern Kaduna bigotry.

Why does El-Rufai hate and despise the people of Southern Kaduna with such unnaturally infernal intensity?”

“He strains hard, often too hard, to be seen as ‘cosmopolitan’ when he relates with Southern Christians. Why can’t he even pretend to be prepared to get along with the people of Southern Kaduna? I don’t get it.”

His disdain for and murderous rage toward the people of Southern Kaduna is on apar with, or even less vicious than, his attitude toward Shiites with whom he shares the same religion.

He added that El-Rufai’s contempt for the people of Southern Kaduna may be magnified by his self-conscious nurturing of the [b]historical memory of the enslavement of the ancestors of the people of Southern Kaduna by his ancestors [/b]but that he is an equal-opportunity rhetorical pisser on everyday northern Nigerians.

El-Rufai cherishes the illusion that he is the undisputed champion of the North. He thinks he is the region’s nonpareil centre fielder and regards most northerners as beneath him.

The only people who humble him and whose approbation he perpetually seeks—obviously for transactional and opportunistic reasons—are the elites of Nigeria’s Southwest.

On the surface, this sounds like a cheap, conspiratorial whispering campaign until you step back and gaze at the facts.

Let’s start from the obvious.

El-Rufai’s Special Adviser on Media and Communication who issues press statements on his behalf is some guy called Muyiwa Adekeye, although there are scores of competent media personalities from Kaduna who can do that job.

Ordinarily, I would have applauded El-Rufai’s cosmopolitanism in appointing a “non-indigene” to be his spokesperson, but he didn’t appoint Adekeye as his spokesperson as a testament to his broadmindedness; he did so because the only constituency whose opinions of him he truly cares about are those of the elites of the Southwest, and only an Adekeye can effectively communicate his self-presentation to that constituency.

He, of course, also throws a few miserly crumbs to hordes of hungry northern Nigerian social media users to defend him, but he really doesn’t care what the North, or even Kaduna State, thinks of him.

Recall, too, that the annual Kaduna Book and Arts Festival, also informally known as KABAFEST or KADAFEST, which El-Rufai finances, is largely powered by the Lagos literary elite, even though, on paper, it is supposed to be a “celebration and promotion of creatives in the Northern region of Nigeria.”

When he ventured into newspaper publishing in 2004 by founding NEXT, El-Rufai hired members of the Lagos media elite.

The paper was also headquartered in Lagos, not Kaduna or Abuja. And he has a substantial financial stake in a prominent digital-native newspaper that is also run by members of the Lagos media elite.

I am not saying this to disparage or begrudge the media, intellectual, and cultural elites of Southwest Nigeria but to show that El-Rufai’s politics of ethnic and religious supremacy isn’t blind and unbridled.

It is carefully circumscribed. It is nurtured by his warrant less contempt for northern Nigerians and delimited by the profound inferiority complex he feels before the elites of Southwest Nigeria whose admiration he lives for.

That is precisely why his humiliation by the NBA will rankle him intensely and tear his self-esteem into shreds.

The greatest gift in this saga for northern Nigerian victims of El-Rufai’s bigotry and disdain is that they now know where to go when they want to get at him.

https://tribuneonlineng.com

With all el rufai acclaimed educational background and degrees he still ended up to be a religious and tribal extremist I will rather prefers someone like ikpeazu than him any day.
Re: The Undisputed Champion Of The North Has Been Humiliated by olisaEze(m): 11:05am On Aug 23, 2020
abduljabbar4:

Politicians make divisive utterances all over Nigeria. I would have loved to mention fani Kayode but since he is not a governor, I will stick with Wike. Are you aware that he once called Rivers a christian state? So by that logic, if an armed group springs up in Rivers and starts killing muslims then we should point fingers at him.

Elrufai has always spoken like a lunatic. His stupidity is not restricted to religious affairs alone so I wonder why you people only want to stick only to the religious angle. He even recently insulted Kano people in a way.

Also, he isn't the first person to pay money to criminals. How were the Niger Delta militants appeased?

What you people need to understand is that even the bandits themselves are not religious. If they were religious, they wouldn't be attacking communities in Kebbi, Zamfara, Sokoto, Katsina and Birnin Gwari LG here. They wouldn't be kidnappings and sometimes killing muslims in Abuja-Kaduna way. In fact, some of those that are killed in southern Kaduna are even muslims (like the father of 12 that was killed two weeks ago). Can you see why attributing the killings to his divisive statements hold no water?

If I want to stifle christianity in my state, I would create unfavorable policies, demolish churches, and maybe arrest some pastors. I wouldnt arm or support terrorists to kill Christians and consequently chase investors away. Especially if I have future political ambitions.

Elrufai, while being childish and irresponsible, is a victim of hatred from mostly southerners. Simple. For me, his blemish is his stone-head attitude (just like the Trump that majority of you love) but if we are talking about pure governance, he is okay. Insecurity is a national problem that will hopefully go away soon not just in Kaduna but in Benue, Plateau, Zamfara, Ogun and every other place for that matter

The international community is a big joke. What has it done about all the atrocities in Kashmir, Palestine, Yemen, Philippines, Myanmar and a zzillion other places? Please don't ever mention those ones again sir cheesy. I can quote a hundred quotes by politicians around the world that could potentially incure their "wrath". Even Buhari himself has said and done some things that should attract their attention

I must admit, you have a good point. However, I don’t think it’s right to equate d militant youths of the ND to the rampaging horde of bloodthirsty bandits that are wrecking havoc & carnage in d North & Middlebelt. That’s a point most people who have never been down South ascribe to. The ND militants never attacked civilians but soldiers & policemen, who dey felt were complicit in aiding the govt and foreign nationals in ripping off their fellow Nigerians. They never raped women or killed infants. They didn’t even burn people’s homes but oil facilities and pipelines. The Amnesty was given to them by the late Yar’adua, they were not payed off. Moreover, they wouldn’t have gotten it if the President then was from the South.

In El’rufai’s case, he claimed to have tracked these killers to their countries and paid them off. That’s an abuse of public funds, abi u see d receipt to know exactly how much? That is what rankles Nigerians! Why use taxpayers moni to pay off foreigners? And in the knowledge that that hasn’t stopped the killings, why not induct those same people you payed off to defend your people?

As for the international community, I don’t think Slobodan Milosovich, Osama Bin Ladin & co are laughing now.
Re: The Undisputed Champion Of The North Has Been Humiliated by abduljabbar4(m): 7:03pm On Aug 24, 2020
olisaEze:

I must admit, you have a good point. However, I don’t think it’s right to equate d militant youths of the ND to the rampaging horde of bloodthirsty bandits that are wrecking havoc & carnage in d North & Middlebelt. That’s a point most people who have never been down South ascribe to. The ND militants never attacked civilians but soldiers & policemen, who dey felt were complicit in aiding the govt and foreign nationals in ripping off their fellow Nigerians. They never raped women or killed infants. They didn’t even burn people’s homes but oil facilities and pipelines. The Amnesty was given to them by the late Yar’adua, they were not payed off. Moreover, they wouldn’t have gotten it if the President then was from the South.

In El’rufai’s case, he claimed to have tracked these killers to their countries and paid them off. That’s an abuse of public funds, abi u see d receipt to know exactly how much? That is what rankles Nigerians! Why use taxpayers moni to pay off foreigners? And in the knowledge that that hasn’t stopped the killings, why not induct those same people you payed off to defend your people?

As for the international community, I don’t think Slobodan Milosovich, Osama Bin Ladin & co are laughing now.

Are you aware that if you should come intoy house and wipe out my family, I have no right to retaliate as far as the constitution is concerned? Killing foreigners who are only there to work for a company and feed their families back home cannot be justified. It would make sense if it was the company itself that was attacked but not the innocent workers there. Also, these people used illegal weapons, bombed government properties and damaged the environment. Their crimes are understandable but NOT justifiable and it makes them criminals.

The bandits were payed in exchange for peace and that is okay. Even the western nations have done it with Taliban, Hezbollah and some fanctions of ISIS.

Osama Bin Laden? Lol. His time was already up with or without the international community. Besides, he wasn't even arrested and taken to a court.

Let me just list a few people that ought to be facing the wrath of international community if it had any tooth at all:

Tony Blair (who even apologized for his war crimes)

George Bush

Salman

Netanyahu

Ayatollah

Patience Ebele Jonathan (telling people to stone APC members)

Elrufai

Duterte of Philippines

Nnamdi Kanu (calling for genocide)

Putin

Obasanjo

Buhari (dogs and baboons)

Askari Dokubo (war threats)

I swear I can do this all day. That thing is a joke. Elrufai could even say worse things and not a thing will happen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Locations Of Gazzetted Grazing Reserves And Routes In Nigeria. / Another Picture That Shows How Much Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria / 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.