Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,100 members, 7,903,581 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 04:23 PM

Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady (60942 Views)

Victoria Inyama Graduates From The University Of East London / Victoria Inyama Reacts As Jada Pollock Calls Out Wizkid Over Domestic Violence / Victoria Inyama And Ben Okri's Marriage Crashes: I Want Divorce, He Assaulted Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by Grandmeister(m): 3:44pm On Aug 22, 2020
pocohantas:

Babe! I once went somewhere to buy something and the woman didn’t have it in her shop. She told her sales boys to take me to their warehouse behind. I told her I won’t follow them. The guys were embarrassed, but who cares... grin
You acted smart and devoid of sentiments because you’d rather be safe than sorry. Advice your female friends to be street smart like you and less sentimental.
Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by 49cents(m): 3:44pm On Aug 22, 2020
Kobicove:
A lady should be free to wear whatever she wants...

Her attire should not be a basis for harassing her

Even bikini right ?
Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by Hathor5(f): 3:45pm On Aug 22, 2020
pocohantas:

Babe! I once went somewhere to buy something and the woman didn’t have it in her shop. She told her sales boys to take me to their warehouse behind. I told her I won’t follow them. The guys were embarrassed, but who cares... grin

You did well to protect yourself. Next day we would read 'why did she follow them if she didn't want to be raped' on NL? undecided

Do you know what frustrates me the most? The fact that the situation can be so much better for everyone with some changes in the mentality of people. It's possible because I live in a place where I feel and am very safe. There is never a 100% risk-free society but the difference is like between heaven and hell.
Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by CanadaOrBust: 3:47pm On Aug 22, 2020
Fuckingmallam45:
Does dressing sense matter?

Take care of your costume and your confidence will take care of itself

Dressing sense does matter. In some events/some places - where you go, dressing sense really gives you confidence. The way you dress sometimes gives you confidence.

This is because :

People cannot see your character but they - at first instant can see how you dress. One must remember that how you dress will reflect the real you.

They say that a man is known by his “dress and address”. Your dressing sense reflects your personality, character, mood, style and what actually you are as an individual.

You don’t have to dress up so grand but a simple black/white well ironed combo might do the tricks. Notice the shoes too.

If you are in an function and go without proper dressing sense, you can be judged. From my personal experiences, people do judge easily.
Here is a simple trick :

Dress yourself with any dress you like and look at the mirror.

Dress yourself the way the function demands and look at the mirror. Groom yourself well.

Which one gives you the look you like? A or B. If you don A and then go to a function - you’ll be a outcast. A social gathering requires social appeal. A proper dressing sense can do the trick always.

For women :

A dressing sense is something that gives her power and makes her look powerful.
No makeup can match the power of dressing sense.

An advice : People always look at Gates/Mark and say “The aim is to be rich and not to look rich”.
People all around the world when they meet mark/gates they will say - they are rich even if they wore a underwear and walk.
But they don’t in your case. So groom urself well smiley

Rules of dressing well :

Dressing professionally can make you feel better about yourself. Comfy sweats and T-shirts can create a relaxed, I-don't-care kind of attitude.

When you dress up in a suit, you tend to stand straighter and project more confidence, which people will respond to positively.

Thank you all for reading.

Pertaining to the topic at hand, this short simple statement beats your long lubbish:

“Nothing bad in what she wore. Victoria should stop justifying harassment”
Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by SexytorresE(f): 3:50pm On Aug 22, 2020
kalu61:
it must be big then. That means you are endown na
sharap already lipsrsealed
Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by Hathor5(f): 3:51pm On Aug 22, 2020
Grandmeister:

Sentiments sentiments...tsk tsk. Even in the USA the bastion of modern day civilization there’s still rape cases! There are still criminals and murders in that country. Yes I am a man living in Nigeria and yet I go out of my way to take care and protect my shit( and that includes my life and property). Criminals will always abound as long as mankind is imperfect. Sentiments won’t do you any good.

Are you telling me who lives abroad that the situation for women abroad is as bad as the situation for women living in Nigeria?
And you dare to call me sentimental? Oh the irony! cheesy
Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by DrayZee: 3:54pm On Aug 22, 2020
pocohantas:

Her shape is nice. All that without surgery...

The guy did wrong. I don’t see anything wrong with the girl’s clothes, but knowing the level of raving testosterone in Computer village- I won’t wear such there.
If you say this on Twitter, they’ll drag you to pieces. They don’t want to hear that you should be careful what you wear (or do) in certain places. It’s the same way there are places you can hold your phone in your hand and walk about. If you try it there, they’ll move that phone and nothing will happen.
To me, this just like knowing a place is infested with robbers, but you pass there with precious belongings anyway because you feel you have the right to not get robbed. Reality will slap you in the face. But people don’t want to hear the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by Swingate(m): 3:56pm On Aug 22, 2020
[quote author=Grandmeister post=93103040]
Again get the point....we have been executing criminals since time immemorial right? Even here in Nigeria armed robbers were routinely executed on NTA back then. We have been burning robbers and petty thieves on the streets of Nigeria till date but has that stopped those who are predisposed to steal, maim and kill from doing so? Would you rather be the man that got killed and got justice and ‘fame’ posthumously or be the man that avoided being killed in the first place?[/
I think you are the one missing the point here, so because they kidnapped some people travelling means we should all travel only by air ? What I’m saying is that we should upgrade our orientation about women and call for the government to protect them from harassment.
Women are beautiful, they are the soul of this nation and we need to start respecting them. Anybody saying any other thing than condemning this form of harassment is in support of this evil period . It is time we stop making excuses for rubbish in this county. If you see a lady you think is not properly dressed and you feel offended, just look away. There are many things you can focus on rather then get offended.
Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by Le2money(m): 3:58pm On Aug 22, 2020
In a saner country, he should be arrested.... I don't see anything bad in her dressing... Come to Malaysia and see d way their girls/women rock their bum short ( not the likes of shorts our ladies wear here sev... The one u can see the tips of their virginal if dey sit on the chair is wot they wear) and no one is harassing anybody there. We have the freedom to wear anything and I don't see law against dressing in Nigeria. This is more reason why they see us as a 4th World country

1 Like

Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by CoolAmbience(m): 3:59pm On Aug 22, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Nothing bad in what she wore. Victoria should stop justifying harassment

Oga, Victoria's comment is by no means a justification for harassment.

Why was the lady, out of the scores of other ladies, at that place picked for 'harrassment'?

Ask yourself that question and be candid.

1 Like

Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by cyrilamx(m): 4:00pm On Aug 22, 2020
pretydiva:

If it had happened in a sane country, that guy would have been behind bars by now for sexual harassment. He is a douchebag
That lady would also have been charged in developed Arab countries. It goes both ways. The west is so permissive and allow undue rights to women even if it offensive, while the Oriental countries give undue power to men and regulate women dressings. Even in Nigeria, institution of higher learning have to issue dress code cos u cant infringe on others' right while observing yours. While in Rome, behave like the Romans.

1 Like

Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 22, 2020
pocohantas:

Her shape is nice. All that without surgery...

The guy did wrong. I don’t see anything wrong with the girl’s clothes, but knowing the level of raving testosterone in Computer village- I won’t wear such there.
What he did was wrong but the Victoria woman is right. Some people's heads are not correct so it's better to just cover your intimate parts well and even wear loose fitting clothes though you might still be harassed, it prevents situations like this from happening a lot.

1 Like

Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by Grandmeister(m): 4:04pm On Aug 22, 2020
Hathor5:

Are you telling me who lives abroad that the situation for women abroad is as bad as the situation for women living in Nigeria?
And you dare to call me sentimental? Oh the irony! cheesy
Even abroad women take care of their shit...every street smart woman abroad or not knows to avoid dark lonely alleyways...women abroad are advised to learn martial arts and to have pepper sprays tucked away in their bags or pockets..it’s basic preventative measures.

2 Likes

Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 22, 2020
cyrilamx:
That lady would also have been charged in developed Arab countries. It goes both ways. The west is so permissive and allow undue rights to women even if it offensive, while the Oriental countries give undue power to men and regulate women dressings. Even in Nigeria, institution of higher learning have to issue dress code cos u cant infringe on others' right while observing yours. While in Rome, behave like the Romans.
We are bringing up sane countries you are bringing Arab countries. Okay o. Allow undue rights to women? Ogbeni there is no such thing as giving undue rights to women, make we stop dey reason like this ah. Now I know why fathers are very reluctant to give their daughters off.
Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by fraymite: 4:07pm On Aug 22, 2020
Hypocrisy is when you claimed she's right to wear anything and then persecute those who wear hijab and or veil. Double standard people shooting their self in the leg.

2 Likes

Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by Le2money(m): 4:08pm On Aug 22, 2020
Oga, is there a law dat gives an outline on how to dress here in Nigeria? Moreover is Nigeria an Arab country? I think this two u should ponder on and not linking us with d Arabs

cyrilamx:
Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by Le2money(m): 4:11pm On Aug 22, 2020
Whoever that criticize anyone wearing hijab is a big fool that knows nothing....here in Nigeria we av different types of religion and you dress according to what you believe in.

fraymite:
Hypocrisy is when you claimed she's right to wear anything and then persecute those who wear hijab and or veil. Double standard people shooting their self in the leg.
Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by Coolcalmcollect(m): 4:12pm On Aug 22, 2020
bolaayenimo:
wear bikini enter idumota.
Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by Hathor5(f): 4:13pm On Aug 22, 2020
Grandmeister:

Even abroad women take care of their shit...every street smart woman abroad or not knows to avoid dark lonely alleyways...women abroad are advised to learn martial arts and to have pepper sprays tucked away in their bags or pockets..it’s basic preventative measures.

Abroad men who were caught on camera doing what these men did would be condemned, legally persecuted and fined. I can go out now dressed like this lady and the same thing won't happen to me here in broad daylight. Different worlds. See where you are. Not a sane environment and the responses here reflect it.
Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by thecommunist(m): 4:14pm On Aug 22, 2020
so the babies that were raped and sexually molested also dressed indecently abi? lets condemn what is bad and stop encouraging insolence. for your information, that big oversized shirt you put on making you think you are decently dressed is exactly what will turn on some pervert.
SAY NO TO RAPE AND SEXUAL HARASSMENT/MOLESTATION!
Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by Le2money(m): 4:16pm On Aug 22, 2020
I see no sense in her advice as for me....in that video I can see alot of people standing there...both men and women...why don't dey follow his stupid steps....remember the lady dat was raped and killed in Ibadan some weeks ago? She is always on hijab and covering all her body yet she was raped and gruesomely murdered. I think some people needs check ups in their brain which this guy in d video falls among

SegFault:

What he did was wrong but the Victoria woman is right. Some people's heads are not correct so it's better to just cover your intimate parts well and even wear loose fitting clothes though you might still be harassed, it prevents situations like this from happening a lot.
Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 22, 2020
Le2money:
I see no sense in her advice as for me....in that video I can see alot of people standing there...both men and women...why don't dey follow his stupid steps....remember the lady dat was raped and killed in Ibadan some weeks ago? She is always on hijab and covering all her body yet she was raped and gruesomely murdered. I think some people needs check ups in their brain which this guy in d video falls among

That's why I said not all the time will wearing loose clothing save you. If you close your gate everyday will it save you from robbers all the time. Her dressing isn't indecent though.
Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by Le2money(m): 4:21pm On Aug 22, 2020
Thank u my brother....u can say that again.

SegFault:

That's why I said not all the time will wearing loose clothing save you. If you close your gate everyday will it save you from robbers all the time. Her dressing isn't indecent though.
Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by Rebelutionary: 4:24pm On Aug 22, 2020
pretydiva:
It doesn't justify the guys action. What he did is all shade of wrong. He's a potential rapist
Ofcourse it doesnt! It is all shades of wrong but like @spicymimi said it is one thing to dress like this and it is another thiing to wear this to computer village...

The question is would one rather step out and go back home with one's sanity and dignity intact or would one rather engage in street squabbles with a fellow who has nothing to lose?

It is unfortunate that the laws which should deal with ilks such a this won't be applied and it is left for ladies to do needful to protect themselves and in this situation; dress fittingly!

2 Likes

Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by Hathor5(f): 4:27pm On Aug 22, 2020
Rebelutionary:

Ofcourse it doesnt! It is all shades of wrong but like @spicymimi said it is one thing to dress like this and it is another thiing to wear this to computer village...

The question is would one rather step out and go back home with one's sanity and dignity intact or would one rather engage in street squabbles with a fellow who has nothing to lose?

It is unfortunate that the laws which should deal with ilks such a this won't be applied and it is left for ladies to do needful to protect themselves and this situation dress fittingly!

If this is the case then Victoria should use her voice to call the law makers and law enforcement agencies to execute the law instead of trying to get cheap likes.
Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by hamxee33(m): 4:32pm On Aug 22, 2020
bolaayenimo:
how could u say nothing bad in wat she's wearing is she the only lady that went to computer village that day? Get me ryt am not supporting the guy in any way but his action justify something is wrong with her dressing Daz y I love Muslim women dressing!!!

1 Like

Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by Anaerobi(m): 4:33pm On Aug 22, 2020
lwkmd.... no reasonable human will wear such dress to public place and no mentally stable man will spank a butt.
so the two are mentally unstable.

1 Like

Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 22, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Dressing or no dressing

There are too many weray and perverts in da elm Street
That is not an excuse for that rubbish....
Same shit these perverts also do in new Benin market in Benin city once them see girls with tight fitted cloths.....

Na so one idiot be want try that nonsense on top my two sisters head.... because them wear one tight fitted skirt for new Benin market
He nor know say i dey waka dey come from their back...
The boy dey dragg and pull their arm....he one dey create awareness

As a real niggarrr i just waka reach were he dey na tell am make he nor try that nonsense again...make he nor even start that kind rubbish say i be Bini boy
If he try am say me and him go get problem and the whole of Benin city nor go dey safe for am....
Stupid perverts
perverts or no perverts, nobody is saying NO! and u are not incorrect, the woman has said it all, there are no special laws in this country to protect women, so is it not wise for women to protect themselves by dressing properly? No matter the jail term given to a rapist, d deed has already been done, I tell my girlfriend this intermittently.
Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by Rebelutionary: 4:42pm On Aug 22, 2020
Hathor5:

If this is the case then Victoria should use her voice to call the law makers and law enforcement agencies to execute the law instead of trying to get cheap likes.
In countries where the law works, is it the "Victoria inyamas" that call the law enforcement agencies to execute the law? The law just works because the system want it to work! Has SARS harrasment stopped- witnessed one yesterday!

For me what I glean from Victoria's opinion is simple: In such a situation, ladies dress fittingly! We can condemn and rant about the idiot's inapropriate action all we want but hey, in the "absence" of laws, common sense dictates that you do everything within your power to protect yourself! What I say here, is what I tell my four sisters to avoid stories that touch cos these fellas have nothing to loose.
Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by asanwafo: 4:43pm On Aug 22, 2020
bolaayenimo:
E-diot
Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by dokie: 4:57pm On Aug 22, 2020
pretydiva:
It doesn't justify the guys action. What he did is all shade of wrong. He's a potential rapist

A million and one decently dressed ladies walked past that same guy that same day and he didn't spank them on the butt. That ladys dressing aroused the worst in him and he wasnt reasonable enough to control it.

When you dress, do your best to dress decently so you don't arouse people. You can bring out the worst in them and no one might be around to save you from disgrace.
Re: Always Dress Decently - Victoria Inyama Reacts To Video Of Tout Harassing Lady by alphaNomega: 4:59pm On Aug 22, 2020
Chuzoetoh:
the tout is not the problem because the tout has lost every sense of reasoning, so I advice the reasonable girls to dress decently to avoid ugly skirmishes like dis. You ought to understand by now that 70-75% of Nigerians has lost it.
quick question, was the girl naked?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photos from Duncan Mighty's White Wedding Today / Tiwa Savage's P.A, Thompson Dies / Adediwura Becky Adesegha: I'm Broke, Everything Nah Packaging

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.