Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:15 AM

Your Pastor Is Your Leader And Not Your Savior - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Pastor Is Your Leader And Not Your Savior (191 Views)

The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? / Daddy Freeze On First Fruit: Giving Your January Salary To Pastor Is Foolishness / "Pastor Is My Baby Daddy" - Mentally Deranged Woman Provides Photos As Proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Pastor Is Your Leader And Not Your Savior by lastchild: 8:33am On Aug 23, 2020
life of a man of God is not a life of no mistake

2 years ago I was on evangelism in Abuja, I ministered to a certain group of young men, few days later I went to a bet9ja shop to book a game, I saw one of the young men I ministered to, he was like "man of God what are you doing here, I said I came to play game of course, he said he thought gambling was a sin, I said I thought so too, then why are you here he asked,what about you, why are you here I asked him

Now listen, a man of God is supposed to lead by example for sure but a man of God is not your ticket to heaven, the earlier you realize this the better for you

You and your pastor are running the same race, Infact some people are far ahead of their pastors in this heavenly race

The same way you struggle with a certain sin is the same way your pastor struggles, you Dodge 1 arrow from Satan and your pastor is Dodging 5

Many people thinks that God will give men of God higher punishment on the last day for the same sin they committed , it's funny though

Your pastor is just your leader and not your savior

1 Like

Re: Your Pastor Is Your Leader And Not Your Savior by Salt06(m): 11:56am On Sep 07, 2020
Ministers are put to stricter standards. More is expected from them
James 3:1
Re: Your Pastor Is Your Leader And Not Your Savior by CodeTemplar: 12:21pm On Sep 07, 2020
.... and who is saying pastors are saviour?

2 Likes

Re: Your Pastor Is Your Leader And Not Your Savior by Kobojunkie: 12:29am On Nov 04, 2020
lastchild:
life of a man of God is not a life of no mistake . 2 years ago I was on evangelism in Abuja, I ministered to a certain group of young men, few days later I went to a bet9ja shop to book a game, I saw one of the young men I ministered to, he was like "man of God what are you doing here, I said I came to play game of course, he said he thought gambling was a sin, I said I thought so too, then why are you here he asked,what about you, why are you here I asked him
Now listen, a man of God is supposed to lead by example for sure but a man of God is not your ticket to heaven, the earlier you realize this the better for you
You and your pastor are running the same race, Infact some people are far ahead of their pastors in this heavenly race
The same way you struggle with a certain sin is the same way your pastor struggles, you Dodge 1 arrow from Satan and your pastor is Dodging 5
Many people thinks that God will give men of God higher punishment on the last day for the same sin they committed , it's funny though
Your pastor is just your leader and not your savior
****** Yeah... According to Jesus Christ, No follower of His is sent by Him as leader or authority over His other followers, and certainly not an authority of any kind over God's people.

Matthew 20 vs 24-28 (ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24. The other ten followers heard this and were angry with the two brothers.
25. So Jesus called the followers together. He said, “You know that the rulers of the non-Jewish people love to show their power over the people. And their important leaders love to use all their authority over the people.
26. But it should not be that way with you. Whoever wants to be your leader must be your servant.
27. Whoever wants to be first must serve the rest of you like a slave.
28. Do as I did: The Son of Man did not come for people to serve him. He came to serve others and to give his life to save many people.”
None of Jesus Christ's followers are allowed to take a position of Leadership or authority over his brothers... Jesus Christ condemned such a positioning. He instead called on those who wanted to be important to instead become a slave to the others of His followers. No one, not even the ones you call pastors, has authority from Jesus Christ, or God Himself, to be leaders or authorities over any one of you. So you need to be careful who you call your "leader", because Jesus Christ is meant to be only authority over His people, and Him alone.

(1) (Reply)

This Is To Clear The Blasphemous Conspiracy Creeping In That JESUS CHRIST Is Luc / Bishop Dale C. Bronner / Pastor Todd Galberth Sunday Sermon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.