Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,161 members, 7,963,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 07:36 PM

Inec Budget: N45bn Not Enough – Jega - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inec Budget: N45bn Not Enough – Jega (507 Views)

Jega’s Brother Justice A.A. Jega Who Died In Hajj Stampede (Photo) / Six Weeks To Election:fg Yet To Approve #75bn INEC Budget / Six Weeks To Election: FG Yet To Approve N75bn INEC Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Inec Budget: N45bn Not Enough – Jega by monkeyleg: 7:15am On Feb 18, 2011
Another opportunity to start defending Jega?

In a country so poor with majority of her citizens living on less than $1 a day, Oga Jega cannot make do with N45bn. I just wonder what the people in goverment think Nigerians are? Or better still I wonder why after so many years of being raped, we still have not recognised that we are the victims here.

Please read
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/inec-budget-n45bn-not-enough-jega/

Earlier in his Presentation, Professor Jega said INEC would require 360,000 ad hoc staff for the April elections, as against the 250,000 staff used for the voter registration exercise.

He also told the Committee that 4000 permanent staff would be recruited by the commission after the April elections.
He said INEC would spend N324 million on consultants who would be in charge of the recruitment exercise.

He also said that N10.8 billion would be expended on the ad hoc staff for the election, a breakdown of which include N10, 000 daily allowance for the three elections as against N5000 paid in former election

(1) (Reply)

Gaddafi On The Run? / I’m Open To Talks With Jonathan, Others – Ibb / Unbelievable!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.