Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,992 members, 7,949,347 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 07:15 AM

Edo Polls: Obaseki Vows To Tame Edo Aggressors Called Lions, Tigers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Polls: Obaseki Vows To Tame Edo Aggressors Called Lions, Tigers (461 Views)

N30bn Benin Stormwater Project Is A Fraud - Obaseki Vows To Probe It / Obaseki Vows To Deal With Oshiomhole If He Disrupts Activities In Edo / Kabaka’s Hotel, Others Will Be Demolished - Obaseki Vows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Polls: Obaseki Vows To Tame Edo Aggressors Called Lions, Tigers by Trumpcard05: 7:31am On Aug 24, 2020
BENIN – THE candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the September 19, 2020 Governorship election in Edo State, Governor Godwin Obaseki, has vowed to tame aggressors called ‘lions and tigers’ sponsored to cause violence in the election.

He made the promise at Ward 10 Campaign rally on Sunday in Opoji, Esan Central Local Government Area of Edo State.

His pledge to tame the aggressors followed intelligence report, urging him to suspend his campaign at the maternal home of a prominent politician in Opoji.

His comment comes weeks after one of the candidates in the election was seen addressing suspected hoodlums codenamed ‘lions and tigers’ in a video.

While urging PDP members and supporters not to succumb to threats, Obaseki said, “we will tame the lions and tigers” in Edo State.

He assured that residents of the area that “adequate security would be provided on election day”, he said.

The PDP candidate promised to construct the Opoji-Irrua road and attract more development to the area if re-elected.

Vanguard News Nigeria

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/08/edo-polls-obaseki-vows-to-tame-edo-aggressors-called-lions-tigers/
Re: Edo Polls: Obaseki Vows To Tame Edo Aggressors Called Lions, Tigers by babyfaceafrica: 7:31am On Aug 24, 2020
Obaseki should calm down ó.. He is just running his mouth up and down.. Politicians strategize not make noise.. He is a better than pastor.. Just lacks sense and political sagacity.. I wish edolites the best
Re: Edo Polls: Obaseki Vows To Tame Edo Aggressors Called Lions, Tigers by helinues: 7:33am On Aug 24, 2020
Win your re-election first.

Who are the people advising this Obaseki self?
Re: Edo Polls: Obaseki Vows To Tame Edo Aggressors Called Lions, Tigers by ican2020: 7:39am On Aug 24, 2020
smiley
Re: Edo Polls: Obaseki Vows To Tame Edo Aggressors Called Lions, Tigers by SmartProf(m): 7:39am On Aug 24, 2020
Those aggressors are not even qualified to be called Lions and Tigers. When you take a look at them, they are just some dry crayfish who are depending on federal might to win elections. Obaseki, when u are announced winner, make photocopies of your certificate of return which INEC will give you, and paste it on their fences.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Polls: Obaseki Vows To Tame Edo Aggressors Called Lions, Tigers by SmartProf(m): 7:41am On Aug 24, 2020
helinues:
Win your re-election first.

Who are the people advising this Obaseki self?
Those advising him are the Edo people who don't worship godfathers, and they will definitely re-elect him.

1 Like

Re: Edo Polls: Obaseki Vows To Tame Edo Aggressors Called Lions, Tigers by jchioma: 8:08am On Aug 24, 2020
And the media war continues...

Most of the battle has gone underground anyways.

I just came back from Edo state. The popular impression from family and friends is that the governor will carry the day.

I think it's madness and Oshiomoole did not apply tact. I feel for him seriously and now see him as the underdog. Leadership is an act.

However, I don't really care: Generally, I would prefer an opposition in Edo and Nigeria to win in the next elections; this will tame mediocrity and complacency in governance.

1 Like

Re: Edo Polls: Obaseki Vows To Tame Edo Aggressors Called Lions, Tigers by Trumpcard05: 8:36am On Aug 24, 2020
jchioma:
And the media war continues...

Most of the battle has gone underground anyways.

I just came back from Edo state. The popular impression from family and friends is that the governor will carry the day.

I think it's madness and Oshiomoole did not apply tact. I feel for him seriously and now see him as the underdog. Leadership is an act.

However, I don't really care: Generally, I would prefer an opposition in Edo and Nigeria to win in the next elections; this will tame mediocrity and complacency in governance.

Good analysis. And thank you for your honest confirmation of the situation on ground as regards Edo peoples resolve to return Obaseki for a second tenure. We keep telling them that for us here in Edo Obaseki’s 4+4 is non negotiable.

1 Like

Re: Edo Polls: Obaseki Vows To Tame Edo Aggressors Called Lions, Tigers by Trumpcard05: 10:32am On Aug 24, 2020
Hmmm

Re: Edo Polls: Obaseki Vows To Tame Edo Aggressors Called Lions, Tigers by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 24, 2020
Let's see how cub go tame lion
Re: Edo Polls: Obaseki Vows To Tame Edo Aggressors Called Lions, Tigers by ThatFairGuy: 10:53am On Aug 24, 2020
Some Nigerians are gullible! Someone doesn't show and use what he has for the past 3yrs to campaign, IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT DEALING WITH, FIGHTING, TAMING, HARASSING AND CRITICISM AND EVERYTHING ABOUT GODFATHERISM At least Akeredolu of Ondo uses his projects to campaign for second term, Obaseki should do the same and stop face saving.

Remember, NO ONLINE VOTING AND PROPAGANDA WILL NOT SAVE YOUR ASSS
Re: Edo Polls: Obaseki Vows To Tame Edo Aggressors Called Lions, Tigers by ThatFairGuy: 10:55am On Aug 24, 2020
SmartProf:

Those advising him are the Edo people who don't worship godfathers, and they will definitely re-elect him.
BUT CARE LESS ABOUT HIS ACHIEVEMENTS IN OFFICE SO FAR right?
Re: Edo Polls: Obaseki Vows To Tame Edo Aggressors Called Lions, Tigers by NaMe4: 10:59am On Aug 24, 2020
4 + 4

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Approves Transfer Of Identity Management Agency To Communications Ministr / Here’s Why Gov. Willie Obiano’s Recent Paranoid Behavior Worries Anambrarians. / Nigeria's Existence Really Needs To Be Reviewed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.