Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,998 members, 7,919,180 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 11:24 PM

Help:someone Is Using A Duplicate Of My Car Plate Number - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help:someone Is Using A Duplicate Of My Car Plate Number (1767 Views)

Why Do People Cover Their Car's Plate Number When Posting Pictures?? / Faded Plate Number An Offense? / What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help:someone Is Using A Duplicate Of My Car Plate Number by mekus80(m): 5:37pm On Aug 25, 2020
Hello guys pls I am facing some challenges as par my vehicle dicuments.

I renewed the documents earlier this month but a check on niid.org for my insurance policy,showed that my car plate number is already on the platform but with a different car make and chasis number.

I called my insurance company to verify the genuiness of the policy that I have and it was confirmed to be OK,also checks on verify.autoreg.ng and nvis.frsc.gov.ng showed my vehicle details.

I have contacted niid,my insurance company and even FRSC but the response I am getting is not encouraging so I decided to bring it here kindly suggest the next line of action or if you have experienced duplicate plate number how did you sort it out.
Re: Help:someone Is Using A Duplicate Of My Car Plate Number by Baawaa(m): 5:39pm On Aug 25, 2020
Go and report without delay
Re: Help:someone Is Using A Duplicate Of My Car Plate Number by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 25, 2020
Wtf, this country is bleeped up. This is the fault of niid. Maybe a glitch.
Make a report to the police, FRSC, and go find a way to rectify it
Re: Help:someone Is Using A Duplicate Of My Car Plate Number by dukeprince50: 5:39pm On Aug 25, 2020
wow Nigerians are annoying with these mago mago behaviour.
OP, I think u should raise better alarm o.
If even NCDC change message from protect ur self to disregard any news that we are sharing covid-19 funds then its also right for u to report to the necessary offices, make them no go kidnap person with ur plate number o, Police no go like hear say u are innocent.
cc Lalasticlala mynd44 seun

1 Like

Re: Help:someone Is Using A Duplicate Of My Car Plate Number by politicsng: 5:48pm On Aug 25, 2020
The problem is not that your plate number is duplicated. The problem is that you are checking and digging. All these government agencies are so inefficient that they expect you to swallow their inefficiencies without finding out
Re: Help:someone Is Using A Duplicate Of My Car Plate Number by mekus80(m): 5:55pm On Aug 25, 2020
politicsng:
The problem is not that your plate number is duplicated. The problem is that you are checking and digging. All these government agencies are so inefficient that they expect you to swallow their inefficiencies without finding out

You are correct,I be been using the car since 2018,but because I checked that's why I noticed the issue.

The guy that does my papers told me that they did fake licence,roadworthiness and plate number for the other person but did a genuine insurance so he gets an SMS so it will appear they did genuine documentation.
Re: Help:someone Is Using A Duplicate Of My Car Plate Number by Vyzz: 6:32pm On Aug 25, 2020
God shower your boyz money make we buy motor...

So when Niggas post this kind stuff... We go get experience and something to say

4 Likes

Re: Help:someone Is Using A Duplicate Of My Car Plate Number by lilkech(m): 7:06pm On Aug 25, 2020
I bet my left ball that you didn’t go through the right ‘source‘ in applying for and getting that your plate number.

If you had given an individual money to actually get the plate for you on your behalf (without going via the official government office/website) someone could get a fake plate and give you with all the accompanying documents. That number has been produced but the plate it was printed on is fake.

That person whose information is showing on the website is the person who went through the right ‘source’ in getting his/her own plate. the funny thing is since the fake plates were already bearing a correct number on the national database that ‘real’ plate owner might have purchased the plates years after you got your fakes. That’s when I knew that they can ‘forecast’ future Nigerian plate numbers lol. There’s a system and it’s not bulletproof.

It happened to me. The day I checked online and saw another owner & vehicle details was 5 years after I started using the plates. I had to get new ones.

This is Nigeria
Re: Help:someone Is Using A Duplicate Of My Car Plate Number by crackhaus: 7:11pm On Aug 25, 2020
mekus80:

I renewed the documents earlier this month but a check on niid.org for my insurance policy,showed that my car plate number is already on the platform but with a different car make and chasis number.

I called my insurance company to verify the genuiness of the policy that I have and it was confirmed to be OK,also checks on verify.autoreg.ng and nvis.frsc.gov.ng showed my vehicle details.

I have contacted niid,my insurance company and even FRSC but the response I am getting is not encouraging so I decided to bring it here kindly suggest the next line of action or if you have experienced duplicate plate number how did you sort it out.
What response did you get from FRSC in particular?

1 Like

Re: Help:someone Is Using A Duplicate Of My Car Plate Number by mekus80(m): 10:19pm On Aug 25, 2020
lilkech:
I bet my left ball that you didn’t go through the right ‘source‘ in applying for and getting that your plate number.

If you had given an individual money to actually get the plate for you on your behalf (without going via the official government office/website) someone could get a fake plate and give you with all the accompanying documents. That number has been produced but the plate it was printed on is fake.

That person whose information is showing on the website is the person who went through the right ‘source’ in getting his/her own plate. the funny thing is since the fake plates were already bearing a correct number on the national database that ‘real’ plate owner might have purchased the plates years after you got your fakes. That’s when I knew that they can ‘forecast’ future Nigerian plate numbers lol. There’s a system and it’s not bulletproof.

It happened to me. The day I checked online and saw another owner & vehicle details was 5 years after I started using the plates. I had to get new ones.

This is Nigeria
If you bet your left ball I can guarantee you that you will lose it bro.
I am very sure you did not read what I posted or you have issues with comprehension.

How did you conclude I did not go thru the 'right source'.
Try and read thru my post again...slowly,u will see I mentioned three websites...niid(nat insurance industry database),this is for checking insurance policies,verify.autoreg.org and nvis.frsc.gov.ng.the last two are for plate number and other documents' verification(Lagos state and national),and on those two,my vehicle details are showing with the plate number,the discrepancy is only on that of the insurance.

4 Likes

Re: Help:someone Is Using A Duplicate Of My Car Plate Number by mekus80(m): 10:24pm On Aug 25, 2020
crackhaus:

What response did you get from FRSC in particular?

Sent them a mail but yet to get any response since about 1week plus.
Equally got the contact of a personnel at their HD qtrs,called him and equally forwarded the document to him as he requested via whatsapp but since then he has not been picking my calls nor responded to my chtats.
Re: Help:someone Is Using A Duplicate Of My Car Plate Number by 3kay945(m): 11:51pm On Aug 25, 2020
Though I am not surprised. Nothing shock me anymore in this country.
But I quickly check mine on those sites to be very sure. grin
Re: Help:someone Is Using A Duplicate Of My Car Plate Number by crackhaus: 7:22am On Aug 26, 2020
mekus80:

Sent them a mail but yet to get any response since about 1week plus.
Equally got the contact of a personnel at their HD qtrs,called him and equally forwarded the document to him as he requested via whatsapp but since then he has not been picking my calls nor responded to my chtats.
I believe you should find time to go to an FRSC office to make a report personally, any one closest to you is fine.
Government agencies in Nigeria can be quite lackadaisical when it comes to dealing with complaints through their mails or WhatsApp channels.

Go through this list to find the address of the number plates centre in your location.

https://frsc.gov.ng/list-of-approved-centers-for-number-plates/

If you have personally seen them and the way they treat the matter is still unsatisfactory, then I suggest you go the Twitter route as a last option.
Tag their official handles on Twitter and make your complaint public, people will help you make it trend and they will be forced to respond.

1 Like

Re: Help:someone Is Using A Duplicate Of My Car Plate Number by dicksonadams(m): 11:50am On Aug 26, 2020
Contact pattyb
Re: Help:someone Is Using A Duplicate Of My Car Plate Number by diportivo: 8:52pm On Aug 29, 2020
mekus80:

as u were rightly told,the other guy has the clone plates

you have the original

if he decides to renew somewhere else or with someone other the person that did the plates for him/her,na there the yawa go happen

cos all these years,he has been going about with fake papers grin
Re: Help:someone Is Using A Duplicate Of My Car Plate Number by Greystone: 11:11pm On Aug 31, 2020
mekus80:

I had the exact experience with my last car.
I got an Abuja plate number back then but didn't get it registered. (I assumed it was automatic)

Then one day my father was getting original tint permit for his M Class and among other things, his car particulars and insurance, car plate registration, etc were checked and the police HQ discovered that his number was valid but not assigned. He was able to get it registered at the FRSC office. He called and told me to check mine on FRSC's website.
Prior to that, I had never known this could be done.
Na so I confidently checked online only to discover my car was assigned to a Toyota Highlander. ( My car then was a Honda Civic)

Omo, i go FRSC office the next day. Same thing showed up on their computer. The FRSC officer even called the owner of the Highlander and put it on loudspeaker so I cud hear. It so happened that he got his number just a few months earlier (more than a year after i had gotten mine) but he was smart enough to register his immediately so automatically, my number became the fake one. sad

I couldn't suffer myself nor risk being flagged down with my plate number so i just respected myself and got a new and different plate number altogether.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Used Total Oil To Service My Toyota Sienna..is It Good / Plate Number Issues With A Car I Just Got / A/c Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.